So excited to share with you guys my 4 Year Blogging Anniversary Celebration! I still can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I started blogging- where does the time go? As much as I would like to say it’s been easy breezy, that’s so far from the truth! I mean I have two kids- enough said! As most of you know, the journey started for me after I read the book No More Dirty Looks 7 years ago. It literally changed my life. I really wanted to start a blog right then and there, but didn’t muster up the courage until many years later.
I’ve never shared my feelings about blogging. I usually just talk about green beauty, green living and all of that good stuff as you all know. But the truth is blogging can be very isolating at times, especially in the beginning. Most people don’t understand bloggers. When I tell people I blog, I usually get a, “Oh cool, such a nice hobby as a mom huh?” Or “So do you actually make money?” My favorite is when people find out you blog and the conversation just ends. Yeah, that one’s not awkward at all. Never mind the fact that once they actually figure out I blog, they get perplexed by what I actually blog about…”So green lifestyle, what does that mean?”
Now if I told people I’m an accountant, a doctor, a nurse- easy. Oh cool! My sister’s a nurse, I studied accounting, or tell me more about your field of medicine. It isn’t that I don’t think they’re not interested, I just think they don’t even know what to ask. I played basketball all throughout school and my dad would always encourage me strongly to practice in the off season- none of my friends were. He would come with me and have me do drills, shoot so many shots, and play against guys at our local gym. It was hard. But guess who had the best shot on the team? Me, but because I worked my butt off to get there. I still remember shooting the ball from half court my sophomore year in high school with seconds left- boom it went in!
I say all of this because I’ve always felt a desire to do something, be different, create change, you get the picture. I’m SO thankful there are people that want to be nurses, accountants(my dad), doctors etc…because we need them! But for me, I love creating and I LOVE blogging. If I could encourage anyone, it would be to go after your dreams and be relentless in pursuing them. Don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done- it can! Anything is possible with hard work and dedication.
In honor of my 4 year blogging anniversary I’m giving away 9 of my very favorite green beauty products! Products that I go back too and are staples. I’m dishing on them below and also teaming up with all the companies to give them away this week- so stay tuned! Keep reading to get the full scoop on all my faves.
What’s up for grabs this week for giveaways??
- Active Enzyme exfoliator- The name Josh Rosebrook alone sets any product apart. This product works like a dream. My skin literally is renewed and so smooth after application. He uses both an enzyme exfoliant and a mechanical exfoliant in this baby. The perfect blend of herb and fruit enzymes with the mechanical exfoliant of walnut shells, give skin the ultimate treat. The texture is similar to a wet sugar mixture but with much finer granules. It smells like black licorice to me-which I don’t mind. A little goes a long way, so you’ll have this for a bit. I like using Josh’s Hydrating Accelerator before applying the exfoliant-this helps to prep my skin by opening up my cells. Massage gently onto skin, and leave on for 10 minutes to 1 hour for maximum benefit. A great exfoliant for those with any skin type. $60
- Josh Rosebrook Hair Spray- Haven’t found one that performs better than this. It holds my hair, isn’t sticky feeling, doesn’t weigh it down but gives it lift and smells great! (Works on everyone)
- 2 Osmia Bar Soaps- If you’ve been around long enough you know I love these soaps. They are seriously luxe. I’ve tried a couple different scents but I can’t get enough of the Coffee Mint. It wakes you up with the all too familiar smell of coffee and energizes you with the scent of mint. I’m obsessed. My hubs and I fight over it. Unlike a lot of bar soaps that leave your skin feeling dry, Osmia soaps are the opposite. These soaps truly leave your skin feeling clean and not stripped of moisture. Did I mention they’re beautiful too? Yes, you hardly want to use it when you first open it because it looks like a work of art. These make great gifts too. I’ve given several away and people are always amazed at how great they feel. And they say green beauty isn’t as good-no it’s better.
- Brightening Mask- This mask is a new addition to my skincare routine. It’s so special and I haven’t been able to stop using it- the performance is amazing! This mask is unlike any mask I’ve tried and it performs unlike any mask I’ve used for brightening. The mask is for sun damaged, mature skin and is packed full of potent vitamin c. I also has a blend of active ingredients. It literally is a blend of plants and essential oils- no crazy preservatives. It’s in powder form too, so the ingredients are very potent because there is no water dubbing them down. When you add water, it activates the mask right then and you’re getting the best stuff! Since it’s in a powder form and contains plants, it does have bits and pieces here and there. But I love that about it! You are literally using the earth to nourish and treat your skin- how cool!
- Highlight of the Day- This bottle is filled with liquid radiance- I know sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. It comes in two shades. Golden hour- a golden, warm champagne radiance and Happy Hour- a cool pink toned radiance. You apply it really however you want! I love applying mine on my upper cheek bone, bridge of my nose, in the upper middle section of my brows, cupid’s bow, and middle of chin. All the normal places you would use a traditional highlighter. You can even apply it on the inner corners of your eyes to wake them up. You can apply it over your foundation or mix it with your foundation or just where it by itself. I’ve done them all, and love the effect it gives. You literally look like your lit from within. I have both shades and equally love how they both look. As a mom, these have been serious game changers!
- The Super Couple Serum- I did a whole YouTube video on this product. You can watch it here. So why all the fuss? Well, for starters it melts right into your skin. No oily residue at all. Perfect for at night, and during the day before makeup. It evens my skin tone out and my skin never looked better-I know big statement but it’s true. I have this one spot on my left cheek side and it has some hyper pigmentation and it faded quite a bit after I had been using Maya Chia. My skin looked less red and just overall smooth. Trust me when I say I get a lot of product to sample as a beauty blogger, so when I actually go through a product it’s a big deal. This serum is on the last few drops. It has the same anti-aging benefits as the Super Blend-Pressed Serum Moisture Concentrate. Filled with vitamin C, CoQ10 and the beloved antioxidant asthaxanthin. This serum doesn’t mess around and truly delivers! Great for even the most sensitive skin types. I even use it under my eyes and it works. Say goodbye to dark circles. Guys, this stuff is the real deal. It has a slight pinkish color which actually gives your skin a glow-I love it!
- Eye Brow Cream- Can you say favorite eyebrow filler? Well, I just did. This is hands down my favorite eyebrow definer I’ve used. Why? Well, first the ingredients are awesome and it doesn’t have any fillers like dimethicone which is in a similar brand I used to use. It doesn’t go on super heavy either. So many cream eyebrow fillers can have you looking like Cleopatra but not this one. I always get an even natural look. I have the color Espresso-the perfect color for dark brown eyebrows. It also works great as a cream liner!! I line my eyes with it and then will add a little dark brown shadow over the top to set it-perfection. I can’t say enough about it! Plus, it’s actually pretty budget friendly compared to others on the market.
- Nocturne Mascara- This is my favorite mascara-my go too! If you’ve followed me long enough, you know I’m obsessed! In fact, I need to order some more-almost out. It gives my lashes volume, separation and length-what more do you want? It’s the holy grail of green beauty mascaras in my opinion. Doesn’t clump but lifts my lashes. I get the dramatic lashes I used to get from mainstream brands, but could never quite get from green beauty formulas. I love the brush too! I know mascara can be such a personal pick but for me this is it.
- Shampoo and Conditioner- If you’ve thought that no natural shampoo and conditioner will work for your hair, think again. The shampoo suds up like a mainstream shampoo, but without the harsh chemicals. The conditioner doesn’t leave that greasy oil residue…you know that feeling I’m talking about! Need, I say more? Not really, but I will because I just can’t help myself! It smells insanely good, fresh like everything they make does. They also come in recyclable metal bottle pumps, that literally look so luxe in the shower. I promise you won’t be disappointed, this stuff is amazing and worth every penny, and that says a lot coming from a stylist.
Max and Me-
- Circle of Protection- It’s a body oil, but it’s hard to even call it “just” a body oil. It really is something so much more. The ingredients include some of the best organic oils. From argan, rosehip, marula and magnolia, just to name a few. The oil is thicker in consistency but not greasy feeling at all. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave a weird residue. Your skin feels perfectly hydrated and not wet feeling. I have to tell you about the smell-so wonderful! With notes of jasmine, geranium, and rose that literally awaken your senses and uplift you. It isn’t a strong smell at all. I can lightly smell it throughout the day, which I love. I apply mine after the shower once I’ve towel dried off. My pores in my skin are open from the warm shower and they drink in this beautiful oil. Suffice to say I can’t get enough!
- Mermaid Mask- This mask is seriously so good. I was out of it for several months(shame on me) and the first time using it again I promised to never be without it again! This green goodness makes me happy every time I put it on. Many people ask what mask they should buy when transitioning to green beauty and this is it! I promise you will love it and thank me. Her mask is a little piece of heaven. With ingredients like Chlorella, sea buckthorn, spirulina and raw honey, this mask is pure decadence. A lot of masks moisturize after wearing, but you don’t notice a visible difference to the naked eye. Not the case with the Mermaid Mask, you’ll be glowing! It smells so insanely good too. You’ll be tempted to eat it. Also, the price point for this mask is crazy awesome…$32! A serious steal! This mask is great for everyone. Acne skin, pre-mature, congestion, dryness and redness. Oh and P.S. when you buy it you must know that there is this thing called Mermaid Mask Monday on social media where all the mermaids come out and wear their mask-so you best show up!
These products speak for themselves! Follow along on my Instagram this week for all the giveaways! See any faves?