So in light of my 30th birthday next month, I thought I would share my top 30 favorite natural products. These change from time to time, but right now I’m definitely digging these top 30. The list includes everything from skincare, makeup, food and living products. I hope it gives you an insight into how everyday products, can easily be swapped for clean alternatives. Enjoy!
1. The Berkey Filter– This is probably one of the best gifts I’ve received…weird huh? But seriously, water is essential for living and I drink it everyday. Not to mention it cuts down on plastic water bottles! This filter packs a punch too. It filters out some viruses and even fluoride with the fluoride attachment…definitely it’s claim to fame! Get it…your body will thank you!
2. La Bella Figura Bio Active Healing Mask– This stuff is AH-Mazing. I got it last year after reading The Green Product Junkie’s review on it (if you don’t follow her blog you should). I was not disappointed. It is great for my dry skin, and helps calm it when it’s getting uneven and acting up. My skin is glowy and bright when I’m done with this bad boy.
3. Jackson’s Honest Chips– I recently went on a road trip and my sister in law brought these chips. I was pumped! I had been wanting to try them for a couple of reasons. First, they’re cooked in coconut oil, versus some GMO canola oil or safflower oil. They also only have 3 ingredients in most of their chips. Thirdly, they are made with organic potatoes and sweet potatoes. These aren’t something I munch on daily, but are a fun treat to have on occasion (Sweet Potato is my fav.)…especially on long road trips!
4. Kure Bazaar Nail Polish– Finding a healthy nail polish that offered fashion conscious colors and was free of toxic chemicals, was hard until I found Kure Bazaar polish. These little guys offer great pigment, are 5-free of the top toxic chemicals and actually stay on. Trust me, they’re the real deal.
5. Theo’s 85% Dark Chocolate– Oh Theo how I love thee! Not only is this dark chocolate organic but also fair trade and just down right tasty. My brother got me started on the 85%. The higher percentage, the lower the sugar content, and higher the health benefits. I find it especially delicious right after dinner…hits the spot every time.
6. Blendtec- This is one product I just got recently…well 2 months recently. I’m not sure how I lived without it. It combines several kitchen gadgets into one beautiful blender. Cleaning it is a cinch and I love the easy to use settings. Trust me, I could go on and on…just save up and buy one!
7. Coconut Oil- Not necessarily a natural product brand but I couldn’t live without coconut oil. I use it as a makeup remover, moisturizer, hair mask and cook with it everyday. The health benefits alone are amazing. This is a staple in my house, and it should be in your house too.
8. Schmidt’s Deodorant– I’m always trying new natural deodorants, but I admit it’s hard to find one that actually works and smells pleasant. Schmidt’s hit it on the head though! It comes in a jar and you put it on with your hand. The scents are great too. My favorite is Bergamot and Lime.
9. Devita Moroccan Rose Toner– I’ve been using this toner for several months and I can’t get enough of it! It moisturizes my skin, calms it and helps prep for my serums and moisturizers. I love that it comes in a glass bottle, and is a good bang for my buck. Win/Win!
10. Acure Argan Stem Cell + Chlorella Growth Factor Brightening Facial Scrub– This is such an amazing bargain and works so well. A hidden gem indeed! It gets all the grime off my skin, all while leaving it smooth and bright. It can be used for body as well.
11. RMS Un Cover-Up– I couldn’t live without this little number…well I could but I wouldn’t like it! I use this everyday even if I don’t do the whole makeup routine, I always dab this on to cover redness. The great thing about it? It literally looks like you’re not wearing any makeup, and is chockfull of amazing ingredients. Can’t say enough about it…just buy it already!
12. John Masters Green Tea and Calendula Leave in Conditioning Mist- I had originally bought this for the summer months, with all the sun exposure hair gets, but I found myself still using it into the fall. It smells divine, and gives my hair just the extra surge of moisture that I need. It’s also really light weight for a leave in conditioner, a huge perk for oily haired peeps. Many people complain natural conditioners leave their hair heavy and weighed down…this may be just your ticket!
13. Intelligent Nutrients Hairspray- Being an organic hair stylist I’m pretty picky when it comes to hair spray ingredients but also performance. This hairspray meets both requirements. Not only are the ingredients so pure, but it really works.
14. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips- These are amazing little morsels of goodness. They are Non-GMO, soy, dairy, and gluten free…pretty awesome in my book and taste good! I use them in recipes like regular chocolate chips.
15. Ball 24 Ounce Wide Mouth Mason Jars- I use these in so many ways in the kitchen, but my favorite use is for drinking water and smoothies out of. They’re also glass, a huge perk and fit in most consoles of cars. You can find the lids and straws online and at Target.
16. Against All Grain Cookbook, Meals Made Simple– I love Danielle Walker’s new cookbook! It makes cooking clean, simple and tasty. I’ve made over 10 recipes and they all have turned out. She even offers tips throughout the book on where to buy ingredients, what certain words mean, and gives you a meal plan for the week. A good investment indeed.
17. Seeking Health Optimal Prenatal Protein Powder– I know the prenatal part probably threw you for a loop but don’t let it. I started taking it when I was pregnant and haven’t stopped. It is so easy to just put in my smoothie in the morning, and get all the vitamins at the same time. I’ve never been more consistent taking a multi-vitamin, until now. It also tastes great and comes in vanilla and chocolate.
18. Paderno World Cuisine Veggie Spiralizer– This has definitely changed the cooking game in our household. It makes it so easy to eat veggies using all the attachments. From Zuchini pasta to squash pasta…its just tasty goodness!
19. Couleur Caramel Mascara- I love this stuff and have found none like it. I would venture to say I would use it even if I used conventional makeup…it’s that good! I love the Courts in Black for short lashes.
20. Pacific Hemp Milk- I have fallen for hemp milk as a milk alternative. It’s creamy and makes the best lattes and smoothies. I specifically like the Pacific brand Hemp milk in Original, because it doesn’t have the nasty ingredient carrageenan.
21. Nutiva Chia Seeds– I’ve been getting the big bag from Costco of Nutiva’s Chia seeds. They’re full of good Omega-3’s and fiber. I put them in my smoothies, granola, baking etc.
22. Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion– When I was pregnant I started using magnesium lotion to help with nausea. However, I’ve continued to use it, because it’s been known you can’t get your daily intake from food alone. Most people are low in magnesium, and a lotion form is one of the quickest ways to get it into your body. Plus, magnesium offers so many health benefits.
23. ZuZu Liquid Eyeliner– ZuZu made a good thing with it’s liquid liner. It stays on the whole day…a major feat for natural liner and it has a felt tip, another win. The liner comes in a variety of colors but Taureg is my favorite.
24. Perfect Food Bars- These were lifesavers when I was pregnant, nauseated to the max, and didn’t want to eat. They gave me the protein and calories I needed, yet I didn’t sacrifice quality. They are organic, non-GMO, soy free, gluten free and packed with over 20 super foods. Unlike most bars these have to be refrigerated…they’re that fresh! Not something I would munch on casually, but a great meal replacement.
25. Brown Parchment Paper– I was so excited when I found this stuff. I use parchment paper like crazy! It makes clean up a cinch. Now I don’t feel bad because they have a natural alternative. No chemicals leaching into your food as it’s cooked.
26. John Masters Spearmint and Meadowsweet Scalp Stimulating Shampoo– This is a newer shampoo from John Masters. I got it last spring and have been hooked. I love the minty smell and my hair feels clean…something that’s hard to come by in the natural shampoo world. A must buy!
27. Thermos Straw Water Bottle- This is a great water bottle for when I’m needing something to take when I travel, and I don’t want to risk glass breaking. I love that it not only has a straw but a lid that covers the straw as well, keeping it sanitary. Just say no to plastic water bottles!
28. Big Dipper Wax Works Candles– I love these beeswax candles. They don’t smell fake and burn clean, so there is no toxic residue. They’re easy to find at your local Whole Foods.
29. Pyrex Glass Storage– I use these everyday for sure. It makes life easier and less toxic. Instead of storing food in plastic containers, I use Pyrex glass containers. I use them especially for hot or warm foods. Such an easy investment, with such a big health impact.
30. Cast Iron Skillet– Another product I use everyday. Conventional non-stick skillets leach toxic chemicals out when used. Cast iron doesn’t and actually can add a little iron to your food, something many women are deficient in. This a must, when you consider how often a skillet is used for cooking.
Perfect Food Bars now at Costco! And currently on sale:)
Hi Tera! Yes, I saw that! Such a good deal! Thanks for sharing 🙂