Well, I'm back home from Indie Beauty Expo Dallas! It was so fun to connect with brands, speak on the Indie Beauty Panel and most of all meet blogging friends for the first time. It really is rare in life to find people who share your passions-kindred spirits for sure. I shared an airbnb in downtown Dallas with Lisa from This Organic Girl, Molly from MaisonPur, Sammie from Hullosam, and Amanda from A Beautiful Pursuit. I also had so much fun hanging out with Sarah from the blog Whoorl. These gals are gold and made the whole experience!
* A little disclaimer- the photos aren't that great as far as lighting because the venue was tinted with lavender and green lights.
This is the first year Indie Beauty Expo was held in Dallas. It's been held previous years in L.A. and New York City. I was excited to see Dallas added as a city last year! It's a change of pace and a great half way point to meet friends who live on both coasts. It was more intimate than last year's expo in L.A., but I actually enjoyed the smaller feel. It didn't seem overwhelming, and was totally manageable for a two day event. I was able to hit all the vendors/brands I wanted and actually have legit conversations with them. Plus, experience all the extra amenities the expo had to offer such as the flower crown station, photo opps, and open bar.
- Flower Crown Station- It was so fun to walk around the event wearing a real flower crown! I felt like a green goddess!
- Speaking on the Indie Beauty Panel- Loved speaking on the panel about Indie Beauty and interacting with the audience during the Q&A.
- Hanging with my girls- It's really all about bringing a friend and getting to experience the event with them!
- Meeting the owners of PLANT Apothecary and FitGlow Beauty- I've e-mailed with both these brands a lot but it was fun to finally put a face to the names. They're both the sweetest!
- Finding NEW brands- Of course it wouldn't be a beauty expo if I didn't come home with some loot! It's always fun to meet new brands and connect.
- Beauty Heroes Luncheon at True Food Kitchen- It's so fun catching up with fellow Beauty Hero ambassadors and meeting new faces in the industry. I had the pleasure of meeting the founder Ashley from Au Naturale and chatting with her. Also, seeing Jeannie from Beauty Heroes and meeting Brandy from Thoughtfully Magazine was so fun!
Some brands I'm excited to try out and experience more are-
- Live Botanical-Organic, non-gmo, wild crafted, ethical, local, and fair trade. I'm already so impressed with this brand! I had the pleasure of talking with the founder and owner Carolyn at the expo and it was such a treat. Her passion for ingredients, and sourcing was so evident. I've already used the hyaluronic serum and I'm so impressed!
- Ayuna- I had heard great things about this line from the show in L.A. and could't wait to check it out for myself! Made in Barcelona, this brand keeps things simple with their ingredients and line. Their theme is Less is Beauty. Formulated with cutting edge science, using phyto-peptides. They offer 4 products total and truly standby simplicity in everything. I can't wait to dig in more!
- Province Apothecary- I've sampled their Eyebrow Serum in the past but was so excited to touch and feel the rest of their products. I took home a few of them to sample, one of them being their cleansing oil. I've heard rave reviews about it and can't wait to use it. The line is created by an esthetician. I had the pleasure of speaking with the founder Julie and was so impressed with her knowledge of skin. She has some exciting things coming out in the next week!
- Whole Body Apothecary- I met the founders-also a couple, and they're seriously the cutest! Not only are their ingredients top notch but they've done their research and know their stuff. It was fun talking shop with them. I snagged one of their handmade soaps and their deodorant. I've already used their soap and let's just say I'll be talking all about it soon-loved it! They even use natural ingredients like spinach to give the soaps color-nothing artificial. I also used the deodorant and I still smelled good at 9 pm-hello! More to come.
- Take My Face Off- This is such a new concept and I can't wait to see what it's all about! These little mitts help take your makeup off instead of a washcloth. Makes washing your face feel luxurious and fun.
Stay tuned for my full review of all these new skin treats! Let me know if you have any questions about the event. There's still one more Indie Beauty Expo left! If you haven't attended one this year hit up New York City's happening this August 22-24.
Also, my friend Lisa(This Organic Girl) and I created an Organic City Guide and will be adding some of our fave organic hot spots we checked out in Dallas! One of them was Local Press + Brew above. To say we were in organic juice and coffee heaven would be an understatement-stay tuned for the full list!