How is Summer almost over?! I feel like it just started. I love the long summer days. Washington really shows off in the summer- if you haven't been up here in the warm months you need to make the trek up. I just got back from the CrossFit Games and to say I'm motivated to step up my game in the exercise department would be an understatement. I went to watch my 63 year old dad compete. This was his 4th year going and he got 4th place- so proud of him! It really made me realize how there are no limits- only limits we put on ourselves. Age is just a number.
I don't love traveling with kiddos though- I mean who does? Love being home but don't love the laundry pile sitting next to me- such a dichotomy! Can I hire out for this kind of stuff? It does feel nice to get back in the kitchen to fix my food. Whenever I'm traveling I always feel like my options are a little more limited and my body is out of synch. I got my daughter's preschool open house flyer in the mail- I was a wreck! I still can't believe she is going to school in a month. I can just see it now. I'll be in tears, while she waves happily goodbye. She's a social butterfly to say the least.
I've rounded out some current favorites. These made the cut for my Loving Lately Top Ten-
- Birkenstocks- If you don't have a pair of Birks I recommend you get yourself a pair stat. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes. I've had mine for over a year and have worn them walking through Disneyland, CrossFit Games, hiking, while prego and so much more. No blisters, no sore feet- they're kind of magical. The trick is to wear them in so they form to your feet. You'll thank me! Get your pair here!
- Hashimoto's Protocol– This book has completely changed my thinking on Hashimotos and low thyroid. I listened to it first, then bought the hard copy book too. The author Izabel Wentz even suggests that 90% of those who have low thyroid actually have hashimotos. I've had antibodies present in my blood since before having Finley- my first daughter. I didn't really dive into anything at the time since I was trying to get pregnant and wasn't going to do anything extreme. Then when I was done nursing her, I practically got pregnant with my second daughter. Anyways, I'm diving deep into an AIP diet now. I'll be sharing more in the future. I was surprised how the author Izabel Wentz talked about how she realized her mascara by Benefit cosmetics was giving her crazy headaches and the minute she stopped using it they were gone. I was quickly reminded of why I do what I do in sharing clean product recommendations. Bottom line- the book is amazing! Hashimoto's Protocol
- True Botanical's Basic Cleanser– I really love this cleanser. I like it better than the regular True Botanical's Cleanser- yep I said it. It cleans my skin, doesn't dry it out at all, takes off all makeup(yes even eye makeup), and comes in a handy glass pump bottle. Plus, the smell is so much lighter than the original formula. I can't get enough! I already wrote a full review on their Basic's Line here. The whole line is amazing and so budget friendly. Check out the line here!
- Josh Rosebrooks Vital Balm Cream– This balm has become a staple in my routine. Everything about it I love. From the glass container it comes in, to the whipped formula, to the vanilla scent that is just perfect- it hits all the marks. My skin is dry, but can be oily around the t-zone, especially in the summer months. This balm works so well with my skin. I put it on in the mornings after using a hydrosol and before makeup. My makeup stays put throughout the day and doesn't slide off. Balms are too heavy to wear during the day, and creams can be too greasy- this is the perfect mix. I'm obsessed! If you haven't tried it yet, you need too! Grab yours here!
- Organic Sliced TigerNuts – Have you heard of these? They're actually not a nut at all, but a root vegetable. I know I had never heard of them until I started diving deep into the AIP diet. They offer some good resistant starch for the body. I want to add them to my raw veggies breads. I ordered them the other day- I'll let you know what I think! If you want to join me in eating these little guys grab your Organic Sliced TigerNuts here!
- SodaStream Penguin Sparkling Water Maker- I'm about to order this! We like our sparkling water a lot around here. We usually buy it from Whole Foods in the glass bottles by the case. But I really like knowing my water is completely filtered, plus this is so much more convenient and will save us money in the long run. My sister in law has this one and I always drool a little when I see it. It's uses glass bottles, not plastic. Imagine having filtered, fizzy water in glass bottles waiting in your fridge at all times? I know, now you want one too! Get yours here!
- Lark Ellen Granola Bites– I recently discovered this granola and fell hard for it. I mean have you found paleo, grain free granola that is organic, vegan, non-gm0, sweetened with honey or maple syrup and has sprouted nuts and seeds? I didn't think so. This stuff is next level and so tasty! I pretty much ate the vanilla cinnamon all by myself- opps! Check them out here!
- Max & Me Circle of Protection Body Oil– I never considered myself a body oil snob, but then I tried Max and Me's Circle of Protection. This body oil is unlike any I've used. The smell is insanely good- not too much at all and the formula is perfect- no joke. It melts into my body and I'm left with baby soft skin. I've never gone through a body oil as a beauty blogger and this one I used up within two months. If you want to splurge on yourself I recommend you pick this up- you won't regret it!
- American Eagle Floral Head Scarf- I've tried head scarfs before and they failed. Part of the problem was tying it. It would end up slipping and coming out completely. I randomly saw this head scarf on vacation back in June and snagged it. Yes, I went into American Eagle- I felt 16 all over again. It has a stretchy part that keeps the scarf in place and then you tie it so you don't see the stretchy part- genius! I'm all about bringing the 60's head scarf back and making my hair look cute in 1 minute! Snag your head scarf here!
- Activ Whey Protein Powder- I can't get enough of this goat whey protein. It is the best protein powder I've ever used! I personally know the creator and founder and can vouch for it's purity and standards. It comes in chocolate and vanilla and I love them both! I put it in my smoothies, make protein balls with it and use it in bar recipes. The list is endless! Check out the protein podcast and my protein blog post here to learn why it's so important to choose a clean protein powder. I also list tips on how to choose a clean one, and why goat whey is completely different than cow's whey in every way. Check out the protein here and use my coupon code– GURLGONEGREEN for 10% off!
What are you loving lately?