Ok, you guys asked for it, so here it is, My Everyday Makeup Look broken down step by step! I recently shared this on my instagram stories and so many of you asked for a written format of the look, so here we are.
My Everyday Makeup Look is a look I do so often I feel I could replicate it in my sleep! It’s my go too and keeps me looking fresh and put together without spending 30 minutes on my makeup. I’ve listed out the products I use and the steps I did to achieve it. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Often people can feel confused on what they should do for an everyday look or what products are musts. I’ve broken it down for you to easily find your look. For instance if you hate wearing lipstick, then don’t wear lipstick! Your signature and everyday look should be something you feel comfortable wearing and easy for you to do.
Steps to Achieve My Everyday Makeup Look:
- Apply an oil or face lotion before you put anything on to prep your skin and help the foundation go on smoothly.
- Apply foundation. For an everyday look I like to wear something more subtle like RMS Beauty Un Cover Up or Vapour Beauty Luminous Foundation Stick. Both give your skin some coverage and help even skin tone and cancel out redness but don’t look like you’re wearing a full face of makeup. I like applying it with my fingers, a beautyblender pure , or a foundation brush.
- Next apply bronzer. I really dig the bronzer by Red Apple in Sundrop Bronzer. It doesn’t have any redness in it and is pressed not loose, so no mess! I use a powder brush. You want to make sure your foundation matches your neck. The last thing you want is to walk outside and have your face be one color and your neck another- not pretty! To make sure your face and neck match I like matching my foundation to my face first. Then I take a bronzer and use downward strokes to blend in with my neck. Then I go in and apply it on my face where the sun would naturally hit my skin. Around hair line, below apples of cheeks, and sides of nose. If you’re face has a lot of redness, I suggest matching your foundation to your neck instead. That way you don’t end up with a red neck too! Since you color matched your neck, the color won’t be red and will be able to help balance out your neck. You can also use a cream bronzer stick- I dig Vapour Beauty’s!
- Now it’s time to apply the blush. I like using a cream blush, especially in winter time. I find that my skin needs a little extra dewiness from the dry, cold air. A fave I turn to often is Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Blossoming. I use my fingers to apply the color on the apples of my cheeks. When you smile, and your cheeks stick out this is where you should apply it.
- It’s glow time! Grab your highlighter and apply this along the upper cheekbone, bridge of nose, cupid’s bow, right above eyebrows in the middle, and inner corner of eyes for a pop. I just use my fingers to apply it. A couple highlighters I love are Gabriel’s Multi Pot in the color Thistle, and Maya Chia’s Highlight of the Day– both standouts. The Gabriel is in a cream solid form and the Maya Chia is in a liquid form. My favorite color from Maya Chia is After Hours- it gives you a glow but looks so natural.
- Next I apply powder to my eyelids. I do this because my eyelids are naturally oily and if I don’t my mascara and eyeliner will just come off so easy. I also have veiny eyelids and this helps to even them out. I love Root Pretty’s Pearlized Mineral Face Powder. I wear the color G35. I love using this on my face too for a face powder.
- Next I apply a neutral shadow. I just apply this shadow all over my eyelid to help give my eye a lift. It may have a bit of shimmer in it but nothing crazy. I really love Crunchi’s Shadow’s in Champagne Pop or Curiosity. I also love Hynt Beauty’s Sweet Ballet Palette. There’s 3 shadows in the palette but I just use the lightest shade for my everyday look.
- Now, I grab my eye pencil. It’s hard to find a good eye pencil in green beauty that stays on. The best I’ve found so far is Hynt Beauty’s forte High Definition eye pencil. It glides on smoothly and doesn’t come off in an hour! I also love that it has a sponge tip on the end. Helps to smudge out the liner and soften the line. I do this after I apply the eyeliner for a less dramatic effect.
- Eyebrows are next. The best eyebrow cream I’ve found in green beauty is Hynt Beauty’s eyebrow cream. It’s easy to apply, doesn’t turn red, and lasts the whole day. Can’t recommend it enough. I use the Kjaer Weis Eyebrow brush to apply it. Then I take a spoodle brush(on the end of any eyebrow brush typically) and blend up through my brows. Finally, I take Zuzu Luxe – Mascara Clear and I use it to put my eyebrow hairs in place and to blend the color in a little bit more.
- Time for Mascara. I’ve been loving Hush and Dotti’s mascara. It gives my lashes length, separation, and volume. Plus it doesn’t flake off.
- It’s lip time! Since this is an everyday look I like to keep things simple and not too dramatic. Before I add any color I always prep my lips with Vapour Beauty’s Organic Lip Conditioner. This little chubby lip balm keeps my lips hydrated all day. For the lip color I love using Axiology’s Lip Crayon in Bliss– subtle color but so pretty. It’s the perfect berry hue that offers just enough pigment.
Well, that sums up my everyday makeup look! Also, be sure to check out my full everyday look tutorial I did on my Instagram stories under my highlights in my profile. Have you found your everyday makeup look?
Did you like this? Then I think you’ll LOVE my Tips & Tricks to get Flawless Foundation Coverage. I share how I prep my skin, what brushes I use for which foundation.