In this episode we are learning the power of Ayurveda in health with Angela. Angela first began her practice of meditation and yoga in 2002 to alleviate chronic back pain and symptoms of depression. Since then, Angela has come along way! She has been lucky enough to travel to India twice to study Yoga and Ayurveda and deepen her own practice. She completed her studies through Himalaya Yoga Valley, an internationally accredited yoga program, located in Goa, India. In her program, she studied yoga under Yogacharya Lalit, who has studied under Sri BKS Iyengar, Sri K Pattabhi Jois, Sri Sharath Jois, and Sri BNS Iyengar, and studied Ayurveda under Dr. Rohit Borkar. Most recently, she has completed the Ayurvedic Counseling program through Kerala Ayurveda Academy.
She has a genuine passion for teaching all things and finds joy in encouraging her students to explore their own unique gifts. That passion and belief in honoring every individual’s unique qualities is what drove Angela to create and open what is now Eka Yoga.
Angela teaches with Midwest heart, West Coast soul, and enough quirkiness to make the most cynical crack a smile.
When not teaching yoga, you’ll most likely find Angela urban hiking with her fur baby (Desta the dachshund) or getting experimental with cooking in the kitchen.
Connect with Angela-
- Tell us a little about yourself and how you got into Ayurveda?
- This is a question we ask all our guests, what was your golden hour or health awakening that inspired you to take action in your health?
- Can you give the listeners a brief overview of Ayurveda and what it is for those who might not be familiar with it?
- What positive effects have you seen in your own life since practicing Ayurveda?
- Can you share how yoga and Ayurveda are intertwined?
- Can you share what Dosha’s are in Ayurveda? How can we discover which one we are?
- Why might you want to start out with a warm water in the morning according to Ayurveda? Could you share some morning rituals from Ayurveda?
- How can someone find an Ayurveda practitioner?
- What are three health habits that have made the biggest impact on overall health?
- Where can people connect with you? Socials channels, website, etc
Links Mentioned in The Podcast-
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us
- It is really light and doesn’t ever makes us feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.