Sarah is an ER Doctor turned soap maker. After almost ten years of practice, she became unsettled about the course of her career. She liked the work, and was good at it. But the practice of emergency medicine was not what she thought it would be. The paperwork. The dictations. The constant hum of worry in her brain about the existence of human error – that she could miss something with a potentially devastating result. And there was the upsetting fact that many of the patients she cared for had absolutely no interest in contributing to their own health.
She leased a commercial space in Carbondale, Colorado. She put together a green facility with a small retail space, a soap making area, a perfumery station, and two “clean rooms” (clean room attire required) for making skin care products. She launched the store and the website in April of 2012. This is where she operates today.
She loves what she does now more than she could have ever have imagined. She does miss a few things about being in the ER, but, in some ways, feels like she is practicing a broader medicine now – helping people choose natural and organic skin care products, encouraging them to nourish themselves physically and spiritually, and detoxifying their medicine cabinets all the while. Guiding people to make healthier choices for their skin, their bodies, their minds, and this beautiful planet seems like a brand of medicine that could really do some good.
Connect with Sarah-
- Tell us all the things! Who is Sarah from Osmia Organics? How did you go from ER Doctor to soap maker and owning a thriving organic beauty product company?
- What was your Golden Hour or defining moment that really inspired you to take the leap in your life when it came to your health and wellness?
- So I really want to talk all things essential oils with you and share with the audience some tips. First can you share what the name Osmia means and how it really is the essence of your company? (I can just hear you saying..”Return To Your Senses”)
- I love how you have whole blog posts on your site dedicated to one essential oil and it's benefits. You paint such a clear picture of the oil and even what it takes to make it. What are some common misconceptions you find people believe about essential oils that aren't true, or things you wished they knew?
- When differentiating between essential oil fragrance and synthetic fragrance what are the main differences someone should understand? Is there anything specific on a label?
- Can you share about the power of essential oil quality and sourcing? Is there a difference- should we be looking for organic?
- Often you hear of people taking essential oils internally- what is your take on this and is it safe?
- Can you share your top 3 essential oils and how you incorporate them into your life?
- I get this question a lot and would love to have you share your thoughts. I know you have a blog post too about it. What are your thoughts on essential oils during pregnancy?
- A question we ask all our guests- what are 3 health habits that have made the biggest impact on your health?
- Where can everyone find you? Social channels, website, etc.
Links Mentioned in The Podcast-
- Osmia Organics
- Essential Oil Safety Book
- Favorite Products From Osmia Organics- Night Body Oil, Coffee Mint Soap(any of their soaps), Nectar Vital Rose Drops, Body Mousse, Serenity Milk Bath…I mean you can't go wrong with an Osmia product!
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.