So excited to share my modern decor office reveal! If you’ve been following me on social media then you know that I’ve been a busy little bee over here redoing my office for a bit. I knew when I moved into our house last year that I wanted to redo it.
The room had carpet and I wanted hardwood floors. It also had some old blinds, needed a paint job, new light fixture, etc. As you can see I had big plans for this little room! I couldn’t wait to get started.
As you know with anything it takes longer than you think. But I’m so happy it’s finally done! I really wanted a space that felt open and airy- hello I live in Washington and the dark days are a real thing. I also wanted it to feel a little boho, while at the same time feeling chic. I like clean lines and simplicity but also a little flair here and there.
I think I nailed it! Every time I walk into my office I just breathe a little easier, and feel a calm and peace. Spaces have a serious effect on your outlook. I knew I wanted to feel inspired and motivated when working, and so I needed to create a space that would embody that.
I’m sharing everything. From the eco/green flooring I used to the desk, blinds, bookcase, shelves, EVERYTHING. I really wanted you to be able buy anything that I used.
This was the thing that took the longest to decide on. I really wanted something that wasn’t going to off gas toxic chemicals and also looked good. Plus, I didn’t want it to be hard to install.
I wanted something my hubs could install and not have to hire someone. Well, I found the perfect flooring!
It’s from Green Building Supply. Green Building Supply is your one stop shop for all things natural and sustainable for homes. I talked with several different eco experts there and landed on the EcoFusion Solid Drop and Lock Strand Bamboo Flooring. Not only does the flooring have a zero VOC finish, meaning it will not off-gas toxic chemicals but it also doesn’t have any added urea formaldehyde in it’s adhesive.
I looked into EcoFusion and was really impressed with it’s overall sustainability practices and natural standards. This is a quote about EcoFusion taken from Green Building Supply’s website.
Unlike most bamboo importers, EcoFusion is vertically integrated which means the company grows, harvests and fabricates all of its own bamboo. As a result, EcoFusion insures that its bamboo is plantation-grown to maturity of five-six years for maximum hardness, utilizing no pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers.
-Joel Hirshberg, Founder of Green Building Supply
I loved knowing that the company takes great lengths to ensure their products are safe. In installation you don’t have to use any glue at all. I loved knowing I could just use the drop and lock method and avoid glue all together. My husband and a friend installed it in one afternoon and it only took them 4 hours! I was so impressed with how easy it was to work with and use. There was no smell either!
It looks so nice and bright and airy. Just what I was going for. The color I chose was Frost. I wanted the floor to be light wood. Especially since the room isn’t huge. I wanted it to feel bright and open. I had ordered a sample for $6.95 before choosing that color. It helped to see the color before ordering all the flooring. Love that Green Building Supply offers samples!
After it was finished I was so amazed with what a difference it made! The total cost was around $1,100. That also included the Moisture Block that we put down on the floors before installing the bamboo flooring. The Moisture Lock helps to block moisture and protect your floor.
For a non-toxic flooring that is not only easy to install, doesn’t smell and looks beautiful- I can’t recommend it enough! I really wanted something that I could share with my audience that wasn’t over priced or unreasonable, plus that was also easy to install. This is it!
Here is the rest of my office reveal!
I have linked each item for you to find easily.
- Shelves- I wanted something that looked chic and classy and had a bit of gold in them. I’m a gold girl all the way and love little pops of gold here and there. These also are large enough to fit a decent amount of products on- haha, something this product junkie needs for sure!
- Desk- I wanted a desk that had a good amount of desk space. The last desk I had was so tiny. I also wanted it to be white or something light- as to keeping with the light and airy theme I wanted. I also wanted it to not be huge and hide my cords. I can’t stand when cords are everywhere- pet peeve. Anyways, after a lot of online searching I found one I love!
- Chair- I wanted a swivel chair. I had one before and I love how easy it is to move around. Especially once I had hardwood floors I knew I would want one. I wanted one with clean lines and somewhat modern.
- Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig- I knew I needed some greenery in my office. I also knew that real ones were going to be tricky with lighting and I just didn’t want to deal with that. So I opted for some faux plants. This one is the perfect size and such a good price!
- Faux Palm Tree- I love how palm plants spread out a little more. Really taking up some good space. This was perfect to add some more color to the room overall.
- Acrylic Calendar- I love having a huge calendar where I can see all the things. But I also wanted it to look cute and be practical. Well I found the perfect one! It’s mounted on the wall and can easily be written on with dry erase markers but doesn’t look like a plain white board. Plus, it has some gold detail which makes me swoon!
- Bookcase- I saw this online and knew it would be perfect in my office. I wanted a bookcase that would close so my girls wouldn’t be rummaging through it. I also liked the clean lines. I got the color grey but I noticed they’re out of stock of that color right now. But they do have the shell color which I love as well!
- Diffuser- I love a good diffuser, especially when I’m working. This one is made of ceramic and not plastic and is so chic looking. It just blends in so nicely which is what I wanted.
- Printer- This might sound silly but I didn’t want a black clunky printer in my office. I wanted something that would feel seamless and transition well. I looked for a long time but finally found one that not only offered what I needed from copying, and printing but also looked so chic.
- Large Basket With White Flowers- I wanted a basket where I could put boxes from blogging if needed, and also put my blanket in as well. This one is not only the perfect size but also super cute! I didn’t find the exact one online but this one is super cute too and similar colors.
- Seagrass Basket- These come in a set of 3. I only used the medium one in my office but it works perfectly with the plant and theme.
- Pieced Triangle Frame- This frame is super cute and just the pop of color I needed on my desk.
- Mirror- I wanted a mirror in my office for sure! It’s nice when I’m doing videos or trying on new products. This one screamed boho chic, and fits so well in the space.
- Bamboo Shades- We had installed all new shades in the house knew I wanted to do the same for my office. I love how these let some natural light filter in a little. But also are a statement for the overall feel of the room too. I chose the Half Moon Bay color.
- Blush Stapler- It sounds silly but there’s always random things I want stapled and of course I wanted a cute stapler. This one hits all the marks!
- Blush Tape Dispenser- I can’t tell you how often I want tape! I’m so excited to finally have a tape dispenser. Makes like a little easier.
- Letter Sorter- I’m a sucker for a letter sorter. Keeps my life sane and organized. This one is both functional and chic!
- Blanket- I saw this blanket at the store and it was game over. Not only super cozy but also went perfect with my overall theme.
- Light- This light fixture was the first thing I bought for the office! It really started the whole theme for me. I just loved how it felt a little boho and also added a bit of drama and overall statement to the room. Still my favorite thing about the space!
- Paint- We painted it last year. If you want to read up on the non-toxic paint we used and why- read my full blog post on it here. I still love the paint so much!
What do you think of how it turned out? Let me know your favorite element!