I’m sharing a Primally Pure Deodorant Review with you today! This is my favorite aluminum free deodorant – and I have tried my fair share of natural deodorants in my day, so that is really saying something.
Their aluminum free deodorant takes the cake for my husband and I! (Scroll to the bottom for my full review) They not only create amazing deodorant but also provide so much education on natural deodorant in general. I wanted to share what sets them apart and why it’s so important to make the switch to a natural deodorant.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
All About Primally Pure
Primally Pure is a natural and non-toxic skincare brand that was founded by Bethany McDaniel in 2015.
Bethany’s journey to starting Primally Pure began when her family started an organic livestock farm in Southern California. As she learned more about the importance and power of eating real, whole foods, she also became aware of the harmful chemicals in many personal care products. She decided to purge her skincare routine and start formulating her own replacements with pure, simple ingredients.
And since then, Primally Pure has grown from a one-woman show to a full team that now sells it products all over the world!
The mission of Primally Pure is to “create truly safe skincare products that offer real, recognizable results.” The brand’s products are made with natural ingredients and are also free of harsh chemicals, artificial fragrances, and preservatives.
Why Natural Deodorant?
There are many reasons why you might choose a natural deodorant. Here are a few of the most common:
- To avoid aluminum. Unfortunately, aluminum is a common ingredient in antiperspirants, and it has been linked to a number of health concerns. Natural deodorants do not contain aluminum, so they are a safer option for those who are concerned about this toxic ingredient.
- To reduce skin irritation. Many traditional deodorants contain harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin, especially under the arms. Natural deodorants are made with gentle ingredients that are less likely to cause irritation. Although, even a natural deodorant can have potentially irritating ingredients depending on your skin’s sensitivity.
- To allow your body to sweat naturally. Sweating is a natural way for your body to regulate its temperature and detox. Traditional antiperspirants can block your sweat glands, which in my opinion is not a good thing. Natural deodorants allow your body to sweat naturally, so you can stay cool and comfortable.
- To smell better without toxic ingredients. Many conventional deodorants contain artificial fragrances that can be irritating to the skin and even harmful to your health. Not to mention overpowering in their scent. Natural deodorants use essential oils and other natural ingredients to create a pleasant scent that is safe for your body.
For all the details on why you would want to switch to a natural deodorant, plus tips on making the transition, you will want to read my post on the
Related Content: Best Non Toxic Deodorants That Work!
Primally Pure Deodorant Review
Primally Pure as I mentioned takes the natural deodorant cake in all areas. From an affordable price, squeaky clean ingredients, smell good scents and no irritation. Overall the formula works so well!
They offer 8 different scents. These include: charcoal, blue tansy, geranium, lavender, vanilla + citrus, lemongrass, tea tree and unscented. The ingredients are a little different due to the scent in each one, but here is a closer look at the ingredient list.
Ingredient List (Charcoal Deodorant): Coconut Oil*, Arrowroot Powder*, Tallow from Grass-Fed Cows*, Beeswax*, Baking Soda, Non-nano Zinc Oxide, White Kaolin Clay, Activated Coconut Charcoal, Essential Oils of Eucalyptus* and Peppermint*, Rosemary Extract* and Non-GMO Vitamin E
They have a couple blog posts that really help understand natural deodorant. Check out what you need to know about using natural deodorant and also their blog post on the science of natural deodorant and why their formula works so well.
My hubs loves the Charcoal Deodorant. I love their Blue Tansy. Although I tried the Charcoal and I have to say I would use that any day too! It’s crazy because the more I tell people about their deodorants the more feedback I hear on how amazing they are. It seems to work for the majority of people.
If you haven’t been able to get your husband to make the switch I recommend grabbing him a Primally Pure Deodorant. My hubs is picky and when he says it’s his fave, I know it’s good. The formula goes on so smooth and doesn’t cause any irritation. I smell fresh all day long. The Blue Tansy smell is just so good! I also love how the charcoal smells minty fresh- you know I’m all about anything mint.
Related Content: An Honest Lume Deodorant Review
Primally Pure Skincare Products
If you’re also wanting to switch your products over in the skincare arena, check out Primally Pure’s skincare products. I’ve tried a handful of their products and I can’t get enough of their simple ingredients, and effectiveness.
- Blue Tansy Beauty Cream- This cream soothes skin so well. Blue Tansy is known for it’s soothing and calming properties. It also smells divine. It melts right into the skin and leaves behind complete hydration. It also has emu oil which is known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dry Shampoo- This is my favorite dry shampoo I’ve used in natural beauty! They have it in a darker shade for dark hair and lighter shade for light hair. It soaks up excess oil in hair so well and really adds some great volume!
- Blue Tansy Body Oil- This body oil also has blue tansy…I know can you tell I’m a huge fan of blue tansy. This oil is so great for the skin and calms irritation or inflammation.
- Primally Pure Plumping Serum– This face oil is so decadent and rich feeling. It really delivers intense nourishment to the skin. I love that it not only moisturizes but also gives my skin some actives to help fight signs of aging. My skin feels plumped up just like the name suggests. Plus, I love that all the ingredients are organic.
If you’ve been searching for your favorite natural deodorant, then look no further! Check out all of Primally Pure’s Products here and use code GURLGONEGREEN10 to save 10%!
If you liked this post, check out these past posts: