Sharing my Vert Beauty Clean Beauty Favorites! This online clean beauty retailer is also a brick and mortar store in Denver, Colorado. I actually had the pleasure of meeting the founder 4 years ago. Their store is the absolute cutest! I wouldn’t even call it a store- but a boutique for all things clean beauty. They even offer esthetics there. It’s basically your one stop shop for all things natural beauty!
I thought I would really break down all the product offerings and what you should be looking for. After all sales like this in clean beauty don’t come around often and so you want to make the most of it.
I’m going to share my faves and brands that are absolute standouts. These would be great for you(of course) and any other friend, mom, sister, co-worker…you get the idea. So many of these would make great stocking stuffers too.
Without further adieu let’s get down to my Vert Beauty Clean Beauty Favorites!
Vert Beauty Clean Beauty Favorites
First, before I tell you about the skincare line, I must tell you about the creator herself, Leah. A true artist when it comes to skin, Leah dealt with her own set of skin issues. Through her own skin struggles, she believes fate led her to pursue a career in skincare, and become a holistic esthetician. Leah learned so much firsthand being a spa director, and then having her own practice. This journey not only led her to find her passion, but it paved the way for Leahlani Skincare to be born. Leah wanted to create a skincare line that would be a, “ritual and not a routine.”
She not only healed her skin through her creations, but has helped so many others achieve healing as well. Every time I open a jar, or bottle of Leahlani skincare I feel like I’m getting a hand signed love note written just to me. It may have to do with the fact that each, and every creation is made by hand.
- Mermaid Mask- This mask is seriously so good. I was out of it for several months(shame on me) and the first time using it again I promised to never be without it again! This green goodness makes me happy every time I put it on. Many people ask what mask they should buy when transitioning to green beauty and this is it! I promise you will love it and thank me. Her mask is a little piece of heaven. With ingredients like Chlorella, sea buckthorn, spirulina and raw honey, this mask is pure decadence. A lot of masks moisturize after wearing, but you don’t notice a visible difference to the naked eye. Not the case with the Mermaid Mask, you’ll be glowing! It smells so insanely good too. You’ll be tempted to eat it. Perfect for any skin type. Get it here!
- Honey Love- This is an enzyme cleanser and exfoliant. A great exfoliant option for those with sensitive skin or acne skin as it uses enzyme to exfoliate the skin and not a mechanical exfoliant. It has a potent blend of anti-inflammatory noni fruit, toning hibiscus flower, stimulating clays, and microdermabrasion crystals. It helps to smooth the skin and improve texture and tone. It gets your skin glowing in no time! Get it here.
- Pamplemousse Cleansing Oil- This tropical cleansing oil removes all your makeup and debris from the day and gives your skin some serious hydration. It also smells amazing! It slightly emulsifies as you add water to it too- giving it just the right amount of slip. Get it here.
I had the pleasure of meeting Sarah the founder years ago. She was pure gold and so fun to talk too. Did I mention she’s the fittest person?! Sarah is an ER doctor and started Osmia. She had no intention of starting a skincare company but after taking a soap making class she knew she was in love. After two years of relentless soap making, product testing, perfume making she jumped full force into Osmia, leaving the medical field. Now years later, Osmia is a household name in the clean beauty industry. The mission of Osmia is to incorporate their luxe products into people’s everyday lives. With top notch natural ingredients, Osmia will inspire you towards a healthier lifestyle. Big on educating the consumer, I love how Osmia lists products they use on their website and products they don’t use and why.
- Night and Naked Body Oil- This is definitely one of my very favorites. I’ve gone through several bottles and I’m always sad when it’s gone. If you’re into luxe products then you need to snag some Osmia Night Body Oil. A blend of lavender, chamomile and cedar wood overtake your senses. It’s meant to be applied after you shower on damp skin and at night. The combination of the essential oils help you drift off into a blissful sleep. With a combination of almond oil, jojoba, rosehip seed oil and hemp- to name a few, this oil will take your skin to a new level of hydration and tone in a couple weeks. I can’t get enough! I also love how they have small bottle- perfect for travel. If you prefer to have an essential oil free body oil, check out their Naked version. Equally delectable but free of any scent but the oils. Get the Naked oil here. Get the Night oil here.
- Body Mousse- This body mousse is straight up decadence! Trust me, you’ll try it and never want to stop using it. It feels like a whipped frosting going on your body. So light and fluffy. It melts into your skin the second it touches it and you’re left with the softest baby skin ever. I’m warning you now though- you will be hooked! Get it here.
- Vital Rose Drops- The name is so appropriate for it, it truly feels like nectar on your skin, a rich luxe oil. Some oils feel thinner but this one feels fatty-haha are you still with me?! Let’s just say I love the feel of it. And the smell, amazing! Subtle rose, sandalwood and jasmine envelope you. I applied this at night and in the morning. At night I applied it after the toner and my skin just drank it up. In the morning my skin felt silky smooth and hydrated. It was as if it had a big drink of water at night and was infused with oxygen. Seriously, it’s SO good! You only need a few drops too. Having dry skin once the weather starts to turn I like adding a heavier moisturizer/oil in the morning. This was just the ticket. I allowed my skin to soak it up for 5 minutes before applying my makeup. You guys will love this, trust me! With only 8 ingredients, this 99.6% organic nectar is seriously so lovely. Get it here.
If you’re not familiar with OSEA allow me to fill you in on this natural skincare line. This brand is truly unique. I was so intrigued by the founder Jenefer’s story of how she started it. She was inspired by her grandmother who credits the ocean to healing her. She had been on bedrest after a severe leg injury. Her grandmother recalls having a dream about the sea and the next day went for a swim. A few weeks later her grandmother was healed! Jenefer went to her roots when creating OSEA. From what she learned from her grandmother of the healing properties of the ocean and her knowledge, she chose seaweed as the base of her skincare line. Seaweed contains powerful minerals and ingredients to help restore and nourish the skin.
- Ocean Cleanser- This is one of my favorite cleansers in clean beauty. It isn’t drying but not overly hydrating either. A good balance for sure. If you tend to have oily skin, or live in a pretty mild climate during the winter this would be a great cleanser. I first get my skin damp, then apply this cleanser all over my skin. Grab it here!
- Undaria Body Oil- This body oil is full of antioxidants! It has Undaria seaweed which is then mixed with a ton of skin loving oils like açaí, babassu and passion fruit. This combination helps to smooth and firm skin from stretch marks, as well as tone your skin. It doesn’t feel too heavy or greasy. It absorbs nicely into the skin. The Algae alone is soaked in barrels for 6 months in order to extract all the rich vitamins and minerals from it. It’s basically a living oil that transforms and treats your skin! It feels very energizing too with an overall citrus scent. Great for in the morning after your shower and you want a little zesty pick me up! Get it here.
- Atmosphere Protection Cream- This protection cream is one of the best. It feels so hydrating for everyday wear and not greasy at all. Light enough under makeup as well. Love the pump bottle. Get it here.
The products are infused with highly potent plant actives that really complement one another. The whole Bluh Alchemy line is meant to target the signs of aging skin and to deliver highly active plant ingredients that help protect against the environment and stress. Their formulations are filled with bioactive, organic and wild harvested ingredients. This is what skincare dreams are made of! The founder Becky is so thoughtful in her formulation approach and a serious gem. This line has been in all the clean beauty boxes- so you know it’s one to take notice of!
- Botanic Retinol- This is one skin transforming product! It contains the beloved Bakuchiol. The only plant-derived retinol that has been proven to produce results! I’m talking increase collagen, improve the skin’s elasticity and support skin’s firmness. You could say it’s a one-two punch for giving skin it’s youthful glow back. It does what you want conventional retinol to do but without the negative side effects. Not only does it include the superstar Bakuchiol but also a ton of other active plant oils from carrot, fig, cacay and watermelon. All rich with Vitamin A. Plus, it doesn’t stop there. This also hydrates your skin with lupine ceramides and lupine amino acids. It’s basically your new BFF when it comes to effective skincare. Get it here!
- Multi-C Serum- This serum has a multitude of Vitamin C’s all wrapped into one. From quandong and sea buckthorn berry oils. When you combine them together they are a force to be reckoned with! It’s no secret Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that can brighten, lighten and create a glowing complexion. Plus, this unique formula has peptides that help to firm the skin, green coffee, and ferric acid. Say bye to dull, ruddy skin and hello to glowing, radiant skin! I use it after toning my skin at night and in the morning. I noticed an improved overall texture, glow and evenness to my skin. I love how it absorbs so effortlessly into the skin. And can we talk about the luxe frosted glass bottle? I love how it pumps how and has a cap- so easy for travel. I can’t wait to keep using it! Get it here.
- Eye Oil Serum- I’ve been testing this eye oil serum out and LOVE! I’m not big into creams for the under eye area for me personally because I tend to get milia if I use anything too heavy. This is just the right amount of hydration but not too much. It comes in a glass rollerball and you just apply it right onto the under eye area. I love how it feels cooling with the rollerball. The formula doesn’t feel to greasy. It really seeps right into the eye area. I use this in the morning and at night. I find in the morning it’s nice for a little de-puffing with the cooler rollerball. Get it here!
This natural brow line has it going on! They specialize in all the brow products.
- Defining Crayon- This brow pencil is my favorite! It’s what I use everyday. If you follow me on Instagram then you know I can’t stop using it. It works so well. I like it for many reasons. One, it is so easy to use. Something I find a lot of people struggle with. Second, it lasts the whole day and looks natural. No Cleopatra eyes going on. I wear the color Liz, but they offer so many colors. Get it here.
This was definitely going in my Vert Beauty clean beauty favorites. Anna, the founder is a longtime fitness and health guru that battled sensitive rosacea skin. She wanted products that would help her skin not turn bright red during workouts and be effective. With over 10 years of research in plant based ingredients, Anna discovered ingredients that feed and nourish the skin. FitGlow Beauty, a Canadian born company, was created to be with you wherever the day may take you. From yoga, to the office and everything in between. They actually have subjects test their products while running and doing yoga, to ensure they perform in any condition…how cool is that? Their beauty products are not only clean, and non-toxic but nourishing to the skin. Full of active ingredients-vitamins that feed your skin, and organic extracts.
- Lip Serums- Ok, this product is just gold! Trust me when I say there’s nothing else like it out there. It feels like a gloss but doesn’t look gooey, or sticky at all. It isn’t fully a lip gloss though. I’m not a gloss girl and if you’ve read my blog long enough you know that. The name really says it all- it’s a lip color serum. A serum that performs so well! It offers color pigment but isn’t all over the place. Plus, gives you all the hydration. Love the colors, Bliss, Nudie, Go, and Root. Get them here.
- Fitglow Conceal +- This is the best concealer for covering hyperpigmentation in clean beauty- no joke. It’s too heavy for under eyes but for covering redness, scarring, it’s perfect. It’s thick enough and stays put the whole day. Get it here.
- Night Lip Serum- I use this every single night! I even use it in the morning sometimes when my lips need a little extra moisture. Since the skin on the lips is the thinnest and ages so quickly you want to make sure you’re taking extra care to ensure it is well nourished. The Night Lip Serum is full of actives that help to plump the lips, fight signs of aging and keep moisture intact. It feels so good on the lips! Get it here.
They are one of my favorite natural beauty makeup brands! They were one of the first on the clean beauty scene years ago and continue to keep making exceptional beauty products. From their True Skin Serum Foundation, to their Ilia Beauty Lipsticks- Ilia Cosmetics has it going on. Besides there staples that I’ve loved over the years they’ve also come out with some stellar products within the last year that I can’t get enough of. I wanted to share a new update of what products I’m using and how they go on.
- Limitless Lash Mascara- This is a newer natural mascara find and I’ve been loving it. They created a patented brush. One side is for curling and the other side is for lengthening. It really does give my lashes a curl boost and makes adding length to them even easier. The formula is a little on the wet side, but not too wet that it smudges all over. I’m really able to build length with this mascara too. They also have a smaller travel size too! I love this option. You can easily try it out without breaking the bank. It doesn’t smudge on me at all. Get it here.
- Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation- I actually prefer this over Ilia’s Vivid Founation because it doesn’t feel greasy to me and the longevity is great. It is a liquid but then it sets after a while and you get a great long wearing foundation. It really feels and acts like your skin, yet I still feel like it gives my skin great coverage. This is definitely one of my favorites in my organic beauty foundation guide. Get it here.
- Chromatic Liquid Eyeshadows- These are everything! My newest obsessions in natural makeup. They came out this fall and I haven’t been able to stop using them. They go on so smooth and stay put! Yes, they don’t budge. Which is unheard of in clean beauty for a cream or liquid eyeshadow. They’re great for acting as an eye primer before your powder eyeshadow too. I even use the lighter shades for highlighters for my face! So many uses. Such a great gift for a teen, young adult or mama. Get them here.
- Eye Primer- I’ve talked about this nonstop but as the weather has warmed up there is no denying my need for this even more. It keeps my eyeshadow in place like nothing else. The pigment stands out and is richer because of this primer. Gone are the days of creasing shadows that fade as the day goes on. This Primer is in a league of it’s own! Get it here.
The founders of Innersense, Greg and Joanne Starkman, were in the beauty and wellness industry for years when they realized their beliefs weren’t matching up with their professional lives. This birthed Innersense, a company that prides itself on integrity. Their whole philosophy is so commendable and just down right amazing! From actually listing every ingredient and why it’s in there, to environment sustainability, kindness to animals, and giving back…the list could go on. I mean the ingredient glossary alone is so cool. I love that they’re both hair stylists. They are really able to test the products so well.
- Innersense Whipped Cream Texturizer- I use this product everyday on my girl’s hair and on mine and my hub’s uses it. You could say it’s well loved. It helps to define curls, eliminate frizz and smooth hair, as well as add a bit of texture. I love using it on my hair after I curl it to leave it with some texture, and give it a tousled look. Can’t recommend it enough! Get it here.
- I Create Lift Volumizing Foam- This foam is the best for giving your roots and hair the body and volume that lasts all day! Literally my hair will still have volume after a couple days. The best volumizing hair product I’ve found in organic beauty. A lot of times I’ll wash my hair and then blow dry it before bed. Once I’m done blow drying it I’ll stick it up in a high pony tail. In the morning my hair is full of body from being up in the pony tail and using the volume foam- it’s so good! Get it here.
- I Create Waves- This is another favorite. I spray this in my hair after styling and it gives it the beachy look so effortlessly. Get it here.
I mean if you’ve followed me for a hot minute you know I can’t get enough of Kosas products! They remind me of my conventional favorite MAC products. From the packaging to formulas.
- Kosas Tinted Face Oil- a hydrating spin on foundation that feels light and leaves you glowing. I thought I wouldn’t like it originally but after using it I realized how wrong I was. The formula is a lot thinner than I expected. It reminds me of Gressa’s foundation consistency. I always say Gressa’s foundation reminds me of paint thinner. Haha, I know a crazy example. The Kosas Tinted Face Oil offers such good coverage, a lot better than I thought. It gives my face an overall polished and pulled together look. Plus, it looks so dewy and fresh. My skin literally looks like it’s glowing! Especially great for skin in the winter as it gets colder. Get it here.
- Lipsticks- They’re definitely a go to of mine in clean beauty. Their formula is unlike any other. Not too hydrating where they bleed but moisturizing enough. I feel like as the season changes to cooler temperatures and fall leaves come- it always calls for richer pigments. A lipstick does just that. One of my faves is Kosas Lipsticks. I may have every color! If you follow me then you know I love a good Kosas lipstick. These lipsticks are highly pigmented, last and plump the lips all at the same time. They come in so many great colors too. Honestly, I haven’t found a color I didn’t love. Some lipsticks feel too heavy, or not hydrating enough- Kosas really nailed the formula on this one. Everything you want in a lipstick- but clean! Often I don’t have time for a full makeup look but I have time for a swipe of lipstick- pulling my whole look together. Get them here.
- Revealer Concealer- I included this new concealer in my Best of Clean Beauty Concealer here. But wanted to pay a little tribute to it here. I have been loving the formula. It’s a new release for them and really is unique compared to other brands I’ve used in the past. It’s very brightening and really wakes up your whole complexion. It also helps to hide dark circles. Kosas calls it a lightbulb for your skin and I couldn’t agree more! It instantly gives your skin a glow. I love that it has caffeine to help de-puff the under eye area and hyaluronic acid to add hydration. The formula is so creamy too. It provides medium to full coverage for a concealer. I love this under my eyes. If you’ve been looking for a new concealer, look no further! Get it here.
Why is their skincare line so different? For starters they rely heavily on research to determine what is best for your skin and what ingredients actually work. They really address each skin issue on it’s own. Their website alone is a wealth of info. from the ingredients they use to the ones they don’t. Plus, they have a great blog resource on skincare. They’ve done the leg work for you. Their formulas contain a lot of actives too, so you see a difference in your skin.
- Replenishing Oil Cleanser- have to start with their cleanser…because it’s my favorite!! This one is in a league of it’s own. It is an oil but more of a creamy oil. It comes in a glass pump bottle which makes me love it even more. I always shake it up before I use it to make sure the product is evenly distributed. I get my skin slightly damp and then squeeze out a small amount and massage into my skin. The best part? It removes not only my face makeup but also my eye makeup-with no stinging! Yes, a miracle cleanser is what I call it. After I massage it all in, I then take a warm wash cloth and wipe off. It doesn’t dry out my skin at all but helps keep it so balanced. Get it here.
- Marie Veronique Pure + E.O. Free Cleanser- Similar to the replenishing oil cleanser but this is essential oil free and perfect for those with sensitive skin. Get it here.
- Soothing B3 Serum- that has 10% Niacinamide- a natural form of vitamin B that helps with acne and inflammatory skincare conditions. Love this!