So excited to share with you my tutorial on how curling hair with flatiron works! I’ve had so many people ask me how do you curl hair with a flatiron, that I thought I would finally share the full tutorial with you. It can often seem intimidating when you have a brand new tool or technique, especially when it comes to your hair, but it doesn’t have to be! I’m giving you all the details on how curling hair with a flatiron can be totally doable. It might take a little practice but isn’t that true of anything that ends up great?
Suzi(Gurl Gone Green) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Here are the organic hair products I mention in the video:
- Innersense Innerpeace Whipped Creme Texturizer
- Cleo + Coco Dry Shampoo
- Josh Rosebrook Hair Spray
- Teasing Brush
- GHD Classic Flatiron
Steps to curling hair with a flatiron:
- Apply some dry shampoo on roots and throughout hair- anywhere that needs some texture and boost.
- Section your hair with a clip. You’ll want not too much hair for the flat iron to grab but enough. 1/2 inch sections are good.
- Take 1/2 inch sections and clamp the flatiron down at the base of your head. Turn the flatiron away from your face like you’re curling your hair but leave out the end so it’s not perfectly curled.
- Next, let is sit there for 3 seconds and then let it go.
- Repeat the process pulling down 1/2 inch sections of hair as you go.
- Once you’re done with all your hair take a small amount of Innerpeace Whipped Creme Texturizer and rub it between your hands. Now run your hands through your hair breaking up the curls to help them become looser overall and more wavy.
- Lastly, spritz with hair spray to set the style.
You are now a rockstar at achieving those beachy waves!
If you liked this post, check out past posts below: