I’ve been using Dazzle Dry for the last two and a half years and have no plans of stopping anytime soon. I thought it was high time to give it a proper Dazzle Dry Nail Polish review. As a natural beauty blogger there is a lot of controversy over what constitutes a natural nail polish. At the end of the day I’ve come to the conclusion that there is no truly “natural” nail polish. There are better and safer options but no truly perfect nail polish that performs the same as conventional.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
*Suzi (Gurl Gone Green) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Natural Nail Polish
Like I said above, there is no truly natural nail polish and definitely not one that performs that same as conventional nail polish.
But, when you consider that studies have shown that we do absorb what’s in our nail polish, it is probably worth it to use more natural choice. Especially if you’re someone who likes to get a regular mani and pedi.
When it comes to cosmetics, the term “non-toxic” or ‘natural’ can be difficult to decipher. With regard to nail polish, a commonly used term is “five-free.”
Five-free refers to polishes that do not contain five specific ingredients: formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde resin, and camphor. (source)
What is Dazzle Dry?
You’re probably asking ok, what makes Dazzle Dry so special? Well, allow me to introduce you. Dazzle Dry is a healthy gel polish alternative to conventional nail polish. It uses a 4 step system to achieve its superior results. It is cruelty-free, vegan, hypoallergenic, non-yellowing, long wearing, and quick drying. It does it all!
The system is from 30 years of research and development. Dazzle Dry is a safe alternative to traditional gel polish. Conventional gel polish leaves your nails brittle and yellow, especially with prolonged use. Many polishes contain the ingredient nitrocellulose, which is what turns your nails yellow. However, Dazzle Dry does not contain that so it doesn’t turn your nails yellow. My nails feel stronger and don’t turn yellow, even after using it multiple times in a row.
Dazzle Dry System Steps
The Dazzle Dry System is made up of just four steps. And for the best performance and longevity of your nail polish, make sure to follow the system and do all four steps!
- Nail Prep
You will scrub each nail thoroughly prior to any application. This will remove any oil, lotion, debris and will help your manicure last longer.
- Base Coat Application
This is formulated to help your Dazzle Dry nail polish last longer!
- Lacquer Application
You will choose from Dazzle Dry’s 150 shades and apply 2 layers to each nail.
- Top Coat Application
This will create a high gloss finish and protect your manicure.
Tips for Using Dazzle Dry
After using Dazzle Dry for several years, there are some tips that can really help extend the life of the polish and keep your nails looking fresh for a while.
- Use The Kit- This might sound like a no brainer but follow all the steps using their system. So many people have come to me and said that Dazzle Dry didn’t stay as long and my response always is do you follow the steps in the system. It really makes all the difference! It includes a nail prep to remove oil, a base coat, and a top coat. Plus, it includes Revive as well which helps with reviving your top coat if it gets thick. This makes all the difference in extending your Dazzle Dry polish.
- Coat The Free Edge- Make sure and coat the free edge. This is the tip of your nail. This is where most chipping starts and if you can coat the free edge it really can help to ensure it doesn’t chip as fast. You want to coat it with each step, base coat, polish and top coat.
- Clean Your Cuticle- When you clean your cuticle beforehand your polish goes on easier and looks so much better too. It helps the polish not stick to dead cuticles.
- Let Them Dry- Dazzle Dry is known for drying within 5 minutes. However, really make sure and allow that time before applying the next coat. I find if I try and rush through any of the steps it can cause my polish to chip sooner. Wait the full amount of time to ensure each coat has dried before applying another coat.
- Shake Polish Bottle- Before you apply your polish make sure and shake the bottle. Pigment can settle and separate. By shaking the bottle it brings the color back together.
The Best Dazzle Dry Colors
There are so many colors to choose- 150 to be exact! When it comes to Dazzle Dry nail polishes- the options are endless! Another reason I love the polish so much. I have several favorites that I’ve tried over the last two and a half years.
- Red Hot Chili- This is the perfect orangey red! It goes with anything, can be worn in all seasons too. I love this on my nails and toes.
- Mind Your Mani- This is such a great nude pale pink to have in your nail polish collection. Can be worn with anything and all seasons too.
- Starstruck- This is a super pretty rose gold metallic color. It looks great on toes or nails.
- Perfectly Plaid- This really is the quintessential cool red. It’s perfect for the holiday season too!
- Less Is Mauve- This is another great neutral color that is more mauve and opaque but still very subdued overall.
- Midnight Express- Everyone needs a classic black polish in their nail arsenal! This one fits the bill- a rich black cream polish.
- Anticipation- A great slate grey that works as a neutral.
- Space Lemon- This is such a fun bright neon yellow for spring and summer! I’ve had so many compliments when wearing it. It really does go with so much too.
- Broadway Beige- This is such a great beige nude that looks a little more upscale than just your classic pink nude. Love it on nails.
- Casablanca- This is another fun one for spring or summer. A pretty teal that looks great on hands or feet.
Dazzle Dry FAQ’s
I get so many questions on Dazzle Dry, so I am going to hit as many as I can here:
What Are The Ingredients In Dazzle Dry?
Dazzle Dry does not contain the most common harmful chemicals found in conventional nail polish. These are Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP), Butyl Benzyl Phthalate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, Nitrocellulose, Parabens, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nitric Acid, Sulfuric Acid, Acrylates, Monomers, MEK, Isocyanates, Anhydrides, Thiocarbamates, Peroxy Compounds, and Hydrazines. Nitrocellulose is an ingredient that can cause your nails to yellow. Dazzle Dry does not contain any plasticizers like conventional nail polishes. Many customers have told them how they’ve been able to use Dazzle Dry after having had allergic reactions to other nail polish brands. Dazzle Dry did not give them a reaction. They are free of carcinogenic, and endocrine disrupting chemicals. Really the proof is in the pudding. Once I tried Dazzle Dry the first time I could tell the difference. My nails weren’t yellow, they were stronger and my nails didn’t ache after removing the polish, something that often happens with conventional polish.
How Long Does Dazzle Dry Last?
Dazzle Dry nail polish lasts for 7-14 days. It depends on application though. If you follow their 4 step system and instructions it really can last a very long time. It can last for even longer on your toes! I’ve noticed for me as long as I follow the steps they outline and then make sure and seal the free edge then my polish will last for 7-10 days. Sealing the free edge really is SO important! This helps your nails to not chip. The longest I’ve personally had my polish last on my hands is 10 days. By then I usually want to change my polish and get a fresh new look anyways.
How Long Does Dazzle Dry Take To Dry?
It takes 5 minutes for the Dazzle Dry polish to dry- my favorite thing about it! You don’t need a special light of any kind- it just air dries in 5 minutes. As a busy mama of 4 this really has been the reason I’ve stuck with Dazzle Dry for so long and love it. I would always do my nails before and then they would get ruined because I needed to use my hands in some way with kids and so I would never do my nails! It felt like a lost cause. Now it’s easy to do them because I know it will be completely dry in 5 minutes!
How Much Does The Dazzle Dry System Cost?
The whole Dazzle Dry System costs $77. This includes nail prep, base coat, top coat and revive. Revive is for the top coat and helps to thin it out if it gets too thick and create a better consistency. They also have a system + a nail polish for $85. You can also purchase a mini kit to start as well. These retail for $38 and are a great way to try Dazzle Dry on a budget. They include the base coat, top coat, revive, and nail prep and also a nail polish color too. You can check them out here. The polishes themselves cost $22 a piece. Check out some of the Dazzle Dry colors here. However, they do have 20% off sales pretty often, so I would wait for a sale if you’re wanting to try them out.
Does Dazzle Dry Damage Nails?
Dazzle Dry does not damage your nails. It really is the best when it comes to preserving the quality of the nail bed. Unlike conventional gel polishes that leave your nails damaged and yellow, Dazzle Dry really makes your nails stronger overall. That’s one of the things I’ve noticed after having Dazzle Dry on my nails for a while is how strong they seem and not weak at all.
Can You Touch Up Dazzle Dry?
You can totally touch up Dazzle Dry. I’ve done this a couple times when one of my nails has chipped but the rest are still really good. I just add the polish and top coat but not the base coat. It’s all about making sure you seal the free edge if the chip is somewhere around there. That way you don’t get another chip.
Does Dazzle Dry Come Off With Regular Polish Remover?
Yes, Dazzle Dry does come off with regular polish removers. I have to soak them a little at first if I’m using a more natural polish remover but if you’re using a regular polish remover with acetone you won’t have a problem at all. I will soak mine in a bowl if I’m using a more natural nail polish.
Is Dazzle Dry 5 Free?
Yes, Dazzle Dry is free from the 5 most common harmful chemicals found in nail polishes. These include, formaldehyde(even formaldehyde resin), toluene, DBP, camphor, TPHP. Dazzle Dray is also free of nitrocellulose.
Nitrocellulose is a highly flammable polymer material used in making guncotton and films for cinema and x-rays in the 19th century. As the primary film former in regular nail polish, it creates a hard, shiny surface. It is not stable and one of its decomposition products causes the yellowing of the natural nail plate. (source)
Be leery of companies telling you their polishes are 8 free or 10 free. I often see this in nail polish marketing now. Brands are catching on and using these to entice the consumers. However, many are falsifying information because ingredients they aren’t including are actually ingredients that have been included in nail polish in years or at all. That’s why you won’t see Dazzle Dry saying they are 10 free. Make sure and do your research if they’re making such claims!
Is Dazzle Dry Better Than Gel?
Yes, Dazzle Dry is 100% better than gel in my opinion! Conventional gel as I mentioned dries out your nails and can discolor them. It also contains a lot of the most harmful chemicals found in nail polish. You also need a special light whether it’s LED or UV to use Dazzle Dry. But with Dazzle Dry you don’t need a special light, the polish doesn’t turn your nails yellow, it strengthens the nail and doesn’t include the most common nail polish toxins.
Who Sells Dazzle Dry?
You can get Dazzle Dry from their website online at dazzledry.com. You can also get Dazzle Dry on Amazon too!
Bottom Line: Is Dazzle Dry Worth It?
I think Dazzle Dry is totally worth it! The kit itself and polishes might be an investment up front but they last a very long time. Plus, it pays for itself because it saves you from going into a nail salon which quickly adds up. I’ve had my kit for a year and a half and finally just replaced my top coat! That’s a lot of life in a small bottle. I love knowing that I’m saving money and able to do my nails in the convenience of my own home, versus going out and having to book an appointment and drive somewhere. This saves me a lot of time too!
The Biggest Takeaways For Dazzle Dry And What Sets Them Apart:
- Dazzle Dry dries in 5 minutes
- It’s a clean gel nail polish that doesn’t strip the nails but strengthens them
- It lasts for 7-14 days when following their 4 step system
- There is no need for special UV or LED light
If you have more questions on Dazzle Dry, check out their F.A.Q’s here. They have so much great information there!
Check out all that Dazzle Dry has to offer here!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out past posts below:
Hi! Do you find that the top coat stays shiny for the length of time you keep the polish on your nails or does it dull after a few days. Just curious!
It actually stays shiny!