I am excited to be sharing with you a newer brand to me, Genexa. I had heard of it but had never really had a chance to try out any of their products until recently. I have teamed up with Genexa and even tested out some of their products on the hubs and want to share my thoughts on them. If you want to build a medicine cabinet with clean, better for you medicines, you will definitely want to check out this brand!
*Genexa sponsored this blog post but thoughts and opinions are my own.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
What is Genexa?
According to Genexa’s website, they are the first clean medicine company. (1) We all know the word ‘clean’ can be thrown around fairly easily so I looked into it a little more. What I found is that Genexa does a couple things that makes them not only unique but cleaner than any other medicine company:
- They use the same active ingredients that other mainstream medicine brands use. The active ingredient in a medicine is the ingredient that is going to help with whatever symptom you are trying to alleviate. For example, in Genexa’s Kids’ Pain & Fever they use the active ingredient Acetaminophen to provide symptom relief. Acetaminophen is used in a whole host of other medicine brands that can be found in any pharmacy section of your local drugstore for those same symptoms.
- What makes Genexa stand apart is that, unlike other medicine brands, their inactive ingredients are actually clean and therefore don’t come with potential unwanted side effects themselves. Inactive ingredients are the ingredients in the medicine that determine taste, texture and stability.
A recent study found that up to 75% of common medication pills are made up of inactive ingredients. They also found that there were anywhere from 8 to up to 30 different inactive ingredients in a given medication. They identified about 1,000 different inactive ingredients across the drugs they looked at, with 38 of those being of potential concern. (2)
Genexa doesn’t include dyes, sugars, sucralose, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, other artificial ingredients, etc in any of their formulations. Instead their inactive ingredients include things like organic agave syrup, organic blueberries, citrus extract, purified water and such. If you are going to need a medicine, why wouldn’t you want it made up with ingredients like these?!
What products does Genexa carry?
I have to say that I was definitely wowed at the range of products available through Genexa. They offer not only over the counter pharmaceuticals but homeopathic blends as well. And with the number of products they carry, you can probably find what you are looking for in this one brand! Some of the symptoms their products address include pain, cold & flu, allergy, digestion and sleep/stress. Here are just a few options that caught my eye and you could build your entire medicine cabinet with:
Genexa’s Over-The-Counter Medications
- Antacid Maximum Strength: Made with the same active ingredient as TUMS but with no artificial inactive ingredients. Provides maximum strength relief from heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach, and upset stomach.
- Kids’ Allergy: Made with the same active ingredient as Children’s Benadryl but with no artificial ingredients. Provides relief from common allergy symptoms due to hay fever and other upper respiratory allergies.
Genexa’s Homeopathic Blends
If you aren’t familiar with homeopathy, this is an alternative form of medicine that believes that the body can heal itself.
A basic belief behind homeopathy is “like cures like.” In other words, something that brings on symptoms in a healthy person can — in a very small dose — treat an illness with similar symptoms. This is meant to trigger the body’s natural defenses. (3)
Just some of the homeopathic blends that Genexa carries that you could use in your medicine cabinet include:
- Arnica Pain: A homeopathic remedy addresses muscle pain and soreness, joint pain and stiffness, and bruises and swelling.
- Cold Crush: A homeopathic remedy that addresses symptoms of the common cold (congestion, mucus, cough, sore throat, runny nose, and sneezing).
- Flu Fix: A homeopathic remedy that addresses symptoms associated with the flu (body aches and headache, fever, chills and fatigue, and congestion and sore throat).
- Kids’ Allergy Care: A homeopathic remedy that addresses symptoms associated with hay fever or other respiratory allergies.
And these are just a few of their products. What I love is that they have options that are an actual over the counter medicine, but they also carry homeopathic blends for those that prefer that. And, all options are clean and have better for you inactive ingredients than those traditionally found in your local drugstore. Not only that, they carry options that are made just for kids and infants. So many options from one brand!
Where to buy Genexa?
A great thing about Genexa is that it is easily available! They obviously have their own website that products are available on, but they also have a store locator on their website that will find any other local stores where you will be able to purchase Genexa at.
Genexa Products That I Tried + My Thoughts on Them
Obviously it would be impossible for me to try all the products and report back to you on them. But, I was able to try out a few on my hubs to give you an idea of how they work. My VA has also been using one of their products on her daughter, so I wanted to get her input as well. Here are the products we tested out in my house:
Genexa Allergy Care
Genexa Allergy Care is a homeopathic remedy that addresses symptoms associated with hay fever or other respiratory allergies. As those that suffer from allergies know, this can include symptoms like:
- Runny Nose
- Itchy Eyes
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Congestion
- Itchy Nose
- Itchy Throat
The active ingredients in Allergy Care are an organic homeopathic blend of 12 different homeopathic medicines that when combined together will address the symptoms of seasonal allergies.
Suzi’s Thoughts: My husband has dealt with allergies since I’ve known him, which has been a long time! His allergies fluctuate depending on the seasons. He typically has sneezing bouts, congestion and a hard time sleeping when allergies are at their peak. He didn’t notice much at first when he started to take Genexa Allergy Care, but then as he continued to take it he noticed a decrease in sneezing and congestion. He also felt he could sleep better at night because he wasn’t constantly sneezing and could breathe better because he wasn’t dealing with as much congestion. This is a huge win!
Genexa Saline Nasal Spray
Genexa Saline Nasal Spray is the world’s first organic and non-gmo saline spray. For those that struggle with nasal congestion, sinus congestion and nasal dryness, this has to be music to their ears. Saline nasal washes are used often by those that struggle with those symptoms especially when associated with seasonal allergies. If you are going to be using something daily that is when you especially want to make sure ingredients are clean and of high quality!
Suzi’s Thoughts: As I mentioned above my husband has dealt with seasonal allergies for a long time. One of the things that comes with seasonal allergies is congestion. He can get nasal dryness and overall stuffiness. The Genexa Saline Nasal Spray really helps to hydrate and clear out congestion. Often the nasal area can feel blocked up and so a nasal spray works at creating a clear path for you to be able to breathe better. Genexa’s Saline Nasal Spray does just that! My husband noticed he could breathe easier and had less nasal congestion after using the Genexa Saline Nasal Spray. He doesn’t use it all the time but whenever he feels like he needs additional support with his allergies.
We all know how important sleep is, yet many of us struggle to get deep, restful sleep! Genexa Sleepology is a homeopathic blend that promotes deep and restful sleep so you can wake up feeling refreshed. How good does that sound?! And who wouldn’t want good sleep, all while using quality ingredients with no unwanted side effects?
Suzi’s Thoughts: My hubs has dealt with chronic sleep issues and has for the longest time. He’s tried so many different holistic remedies to try and help him sleep better. When I saw that Genexa carried Sleepology I knew I had to get it for him! He’s been using it for several weeks now and is sleeping so well! He told me he sleeps soundly and it’s easier for him to fall asleep. He even asked me to get him some more- which is a definite sign that it’s working! Thankfully he’s now getting some good sleep.
Kids’ Allergy Care
Just like the Genexa Allergy Care, Kids’ Allergy care is a homeopathic remedy that addresses symptoms associated with hay fever or other respiratory allergies.
Gurl Gone Green Team Member Becky’s Thoughts: My daughter is 7 years old and has unfortunately dealt with seasonal allergies for most of her life. We have tried to minimize symptoms through lifestyle choices as much as we can and while that does help, this year we decided we needed something more to help her feel better. I had heard of Genexa and have used homeopathic remedies in the past so was completely comfortable trying their Kids’ Allergy Care. I am very happy to say that we have noticed a decrease in her symptoms since she started using this remedy! Her biggest symptoms are typically nasal congestion with sneezing with both being the worst in the mornings. These symptoms are dramatically reduced and even at times gone since she began using Kids’ Allergy Care. While I do think the lifestyle choices we make are a huge factor in the symptoms my daughter presents with, we are able to manage her symptoms when they do arise with the help of this homeopathic blend!
Have you tried any Genexa products? Share below with your experiences.
If you liked this Genexa post, check out these past posts below:
- Genexa Homepage. (2021) Genexa Inc. Retrieved from: https://www.genexa.com/
- Inactive ingredients in your meds might not be so inactive after all. (2019 Mar 15). CBC Radio-Canada. Retrieved from: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/march-16-2019-inside-actors-brains-inactive-ingredients-aren-t-super-solar-storms-and-more-1.5056201/inactive-ingredients-in-your-meds-might-not-be-so-inactive-after-all-1.5056221
- What is Homeopathy? (2021 Mar 22). WebMD. Retrieved from: https://www.webmd.com/balance/what-is-homeopathy