Sharing all the best for clean beauty for 2021 on the blog! It’s finally here. Another year gone by and so many products to share. Each year I share a glimpse into the previous year’s product roundup by sharing the best of the best. I vet each product and really scour to find what really stood out and made me stop in my tracks. This year was no different. I’m sharing the cream of the crop when it comes to clean beauty for 2021. These products had me doing happy dances when I tried them!
Without further adieu- let’s check out the best of the best for 2021.
1. BYBI Bakuchiol Booster
My V.A. Becky told me about this one. This is a nighttime serum that you can use alone or with your moisturizer. It has bakuchiol, a natural alternative to retinol, and olive squalane- that’s it! With these two power house ingredients, Becky told me she noted improvements in her skin texture along with softening of the skin. To say I was intrigued was an understatement. I got my hands on a bottle and started to test it out and wow, was I impressed. I instinctively thought I might like it just because it does have one of my favorite oils in it- squalene. Squalene has long been touted as having some serious benefits to the skin. It has anti-aging benefits, as well as anti-inflammatory benefits. It also helps to reverse the signs of sun damage and is incredibly hydrating and nourishing to the skin.
The best part? It’s tolerated by every skin type! Yes, if you have oily skin, this works for you, if you have dry skin, sensitive skin, inflamed skin- this is for you too. That’s what makes this oil so special and unique. I also love that it has a comedogenic rating of 0-1- which is nonexistent! Comedogenic ingredients are ingredients that can clog pores, cause blackheads and ultimately worsen acne or trigger it. Bakuchiol is the plant-derived retinol that has been shown in studies to help with signs of aging on the skin. I love how simplistic this formula is. Just two ingredients! And even better? It’s $10! Yes, just $10! Plus, you can find this at your local Target. It feels so luxurious on the skin, a rich feeling to the oil and sinks in. I wake up and my skin still feels plump and hydrated. I love using it alone or adding it to my moisturizer for an added boost. Get one for yourself here!
2. OSEA Seabiotic Water Cream
This cream has basically become a staple in everyone’s skincare routine the minute I give it to them! I remember first trying it and just being SO impressed. It delivers such hydration but doesn’t feel heavy or greasy but instead instantly soaks into the skin. The best part? Your skin still feels hydrated the next morning! From my V.A to my hubs, everyone has been loving it! What’s even better is the price. Most creams can be close to $100, but this cream lands right at $48. I love applying this at night after my serums and oils or in the morning during the winter time when my skin needs an extra boost of hydration. A cream that is light, yet incredibly hydrating? Yes, that’s OSEA’s Seabiotic Water Cream! Say goodbye to dehydrated skin and hello to hydration. Get it here!
3. One Love Organics Botanical A Bio-Retinol Night Serum
Allow me to introduce you to One Love Organics newest product: Botanical A Bio-Retinol Night Serum. This is a retinol alternative that uses a triple blend of acids, magnesium rich purple clay and bio-retinol to help with a clear even-toned and youthful-looking complexion! This helps to exfoliate the skin and give you refreshed and radiant skin! It’s not something you use everyday but 3-4 times per week. The bio-retinol in the formula is derived from the cockspur plant. This plant is loaded with isoflavones and bioflavonoids. This really helps to give an even youthful looking complexion.
But it doesn’t stop there, it also has the ability to support the skin’s microbiome so you actually achieve healthier skin! I’ve been using it for over a month now and I can actually see results! It really has helped with my forehead fine lines by filling them in. It’s as if they’re slightly raised.I’ve been so impressed with it!! The key when I talked to the founder is to be consistent. You’re not going to see instant results. It’s perfect for even sensitive skin types- something hard to find with retinol alternatives. Get it here!
4. Tata Harper Superkind Softening Cleanser
I am currently using this cleanser and LOVE it! This is from Tata Harper’s newest line for sensitive and reactive skin. It’s fragrance free, and essential oil free. It has the best of both worlds. It not only foams up slightly so your skin feels clean, but it doesn’t strip or dry out your skin because at it’s core it’s a cream cleanser. They nailed the formula! I love how it removes all my makeup and the daily grind effortlessly. It has a lipid complex in it to support a healthy skin barrier. Plus, it comes in the chicest pump glass bottle! I apply a pump to slightly damp skin and rub in circular motions all over my face. It completely gets rid of the makeup- yes even eye makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. Plus, perfect for the most sensitive skin types! Get it here.
5. Innersense Detox Hair Mask
This is my new favorite hair product I discovered this year! It’s unlike any product I’ve used for my hair. Having fine/thin hair my hair can easily get weighed down. This instantly helps to detoxify it and remove build up. Leaving it bouncy and not weighed down. I use this every week to really help give my hair a good clean. I start at the scalp and massage in and then work my way down my hair shaft. Then I leave it on for 5-10 minuets. You will love it! Say hello to clean, bouncy hair! Get it here!
6. Westman Atelier Makeup Brushes
These are hands down the BEST clean beauty vegan brushes I’ve used. And you all know I’ve used them all. They are made by hand in Kumano, Japan by the best brush makers that use traditional techniques. Made with nylon fibers, their lacquered handles are made from sustainable hardwood birch that is a Forest Stewardship Council certified forest in Eastern Europe. These brushes are what makeup enthusiasts dream of. They feel ultra silky soft and glide over your skin like butter. I’ve never had a brush feel so luxe before. They offer 8 different brushes. I have the lip brush, blender brush, the eyeshadow brush II and the foundation brush. But of course I want them all! I’ve actually already cleaned these so much more often than other brushes. The lightness of the nylon really makes me want them to be clean so they look their best! Buy the brushes and thank me later. Check them out individually here!
7. Josh Rosebrook Bright C Complex
This is Josh’s newest product and let’s just say we get along quite nicely! I was SO excited to try this. If you’ve been around clean beauty any length of time then you know Josh Rosebrook is one of the God Father’s of clean beauty. His products speak for themselves. I knew this was going to be something special and I was definitely right! The Bright C Complex uses two stable and clinically proven biomimetic Vitamin C complexes to give dull skin the boot. This serum helps to fade dark spots, improve texture and tone of skin and leaves you with a brighter complexion overall. Plus, it helps to stimulate collagen synthesis- just in case you were wondering.
The formula isn’t sticky at all, but subtly hydrating- more of a creamy feel to it and texture. It gives an overall smoothness to the skin and helps to protect against environmental damage. I apply this in the morning after cleansing and my hydrosol. It feels so refreshing on the skin. I love how it fills in lines and just creates an even canvas. My skin texture since using this has felt so good! A smoothness and radiance overall. Another winner by Josh Rosebrook- am I surprised, not one bit. Get it here!
8. Saint Cosmetics Velvet Lip Creams
I had the pleasure of testing these lipsticks out this past summer and did I quickly fall for them! They are true to their name, velvety soft on the lips. They’re offer some hydration and don’t feel drying like so many lipsticks, but they don’t bleed. They also stay put and offer loads of pigment. A truly clean lipstick without any added artificial dyes. I can’t recommend them enough! Plus, they have so many colors to choose from. I also love that the ingredients are squeaky clean and that it comes in 14 shades. I love the shade New York, a classic red, the shade Paris, a dusky rose and the shade Moscow a raspberry pink. So many gorgeous colors! Check them all out here.
9. Beautycounter Glow First Priming Serum
This was a new product for Beautycounter this past year and it kind of took the clean beauty world by storm. It’s such a different primer, compared to other formulas I’ve used in the past. It really is more of a hydrating serum in my opinion. I love how it doesn’t feel greasy at all. It has 4,000 jojoba esters in it. When applied to the skin they burst upon application, giving your skin all the hydration. Jojoba is one oil that mimics the skin’s natural oil production so well. Plus, it has Tripeptides, which help to protect the skin from pollution and from skin-drying environmental stressors.
Clinically shown to help brighten and even skin tone, boost skin elasticity, and minimize the appearance of skin imperfections. I put this on in the morning whether I’m wearing makeup or not! If I am wearing makeup it goes on right before my foundation, after I’ve cleansed my skin, used a hydrosol, my Vitamin C Serum and a moisturizer. This helps to create a smoothness and fills in fine lines so my foundation looks fresh all day long. Get it here!
10. Jenny Patinkin Cryo Glow Globes
These are my recent facial tool obsession! They are glass globes that are filled with a botanical blend. You put them in the refrigerator overnight or for a couple hours and then take them out whenever you want to use them. The coldness helps to constrict blood vessels and increase blood flow and oxygen. They also decrease inflammation, and redness. You are left with a brighter, more lifted complexion overall. Say goodbye to puffiness with these babies! What can I say, I’m hooked. I out them in the fridge at night and then just take them out in the morning for a little me time. I love how they wake up my skin. The coldness lasts for 45 minutes, however, I typically only use them for 5-7 minutes in the morning. It’s a mini spa session right in my bathroom! Check out the Cryo Glow Globes here!
Enter To Win All Of My Top 10 Clean Beauty Faves From 2021 Below!
I couldn’t let the best of clean beauty for 2021 be complete without sharing some bonus faves that continue to rock my world year after year!
- Josh Rosebrook Hair- The best natural hairspray I’ve found peeps-let it be known! I love the smell! It has a list of essential oils but the ones that stick out to me are the rosemary and lavender. I love knowing exactly what I’m breathing in, no hidden fragrance! Second, it doesn’t goop up when you spray. It actually has a mist feel. Yeah, pretty cool. Lastly, it just works. With my hair being fine and thin, this product delivers hold throughout the day, volume, and doesn’t get crunchy…you know what I’m talking about. It’s just good stuff. I would recommend this for anyone transitioning from a mainstream hairspray. You need it, trust me! Grab it here!
- Honest Beauty Mascara- This is hands down my favorite natural mascara in clean beauty currently. I know, that says a lot but it’s true. The formula checks all the boxes. It offers thickness, length, separation- it’s just awesome! The formula isn’t too dry or too wet and I love that I don’t have to apply 5 coats of mascara to see product on my lashes. In just two coats my lashes are instantly lengthened, thicker and have overall more volume. I’m sold! On one end of the mascara wand is a primer and the other the mascara color. I apply the primer first and then the mascara. It doesn’t smudge by the end of the day either- it’s a win/win overall. Get it here!
- Innersense Whipped Creme Texturizer- I use this product everyday on my girl’s hair, on my hair and my hub’s uses it, I’m even using it on my little guy now! You could say it’s well loved. It helps to define curls, eliminate frizz and smooth hair, as well as add a bit of texture. I love using it on my hair after I curl it to leave it with some texture, and give it a tousled look. Can’t recommend it enough! We can’t be without it in our house. Get it here.
- Undaria Algae Body Oil- This body oil is truly a decadent treat for the body! I can’t stop using it. It is full of skincare nutrients. This oil is infused with seaweed. They do this by soaking the Undaria Oil in seaweed for 6 months. This creates an antioxidant rich body oil that is full of minerals. Your skin will feel completely nourished and so soft after using it. Plus, it smells incredible! The sweet refreshing scent comes from passion fruit oil and grapefruit oil. I apply it right after I shower and while my skin is still slightly damp to give it some serious hydration. I can’t recommend it enough! Get it here!
What are some of your favorite clean beauty products from 2021?
If you liked this post, be sure to check out past posts below: