I am excited to finally share my review of the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Water Filter! I shared all about their Water Pitcher Filter a while back and received so many inquiries about the 3 stage water filter. I too wanted to test it out and was excited to get it installed. Check out all you need to know about the 3 Stage Water Filter and my review of it below. Plus, if you are going to purchase, don’t miss out on my coupon code!
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
The 3 stage water filter has been so convenient for my family! It’s a filter that is installed under the sink and will filter out your (cold) tap water. There is so much to love about this filter:
- It was a super easy install that didn’t involve a plumber
- The install is non-permanent, which makes it a great option for those that are renting
- Changing the filter requires no tools and is super simple
- The design is slim with the filter measuring just 3 inches deep – it will fit easily under your sink without taking up the entire cupboard
- They use stainless steel water lines that will connect your water supply to the filter
- Affinity Filtration Technology is used which has 7+ proprietary filtration materials that creates different stages of filtration. This results in 99.9% of 232+ contaminants being removed from your tap water.
- Clearly Filtered uses an independent, EPA-certified lab to rigorously test their filters to NSF standards 42, 53 & 401.
Installation of the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Water Filter
The simple and quick installation of this filter is part of what won me over in wanting it for my household. I LOVE that it didn’t require a plumber and that my hubs could do it in 10 minutes or less.
How does the filter work?
There are 7+ proprietary filtration materials used in 3 stages that remove the 232+ contaminants. Here’s exactly how this works:
Stage 1: Carbon Priming Filter to remove chlorine, VOCs, tastes, odors, and colors.
Stage 2: Heavy Metals & VOC’s filter to remove contaminants such as pesticides, heavy metals, herbicides, arsenic, lead chromium, PFAS, radiation and more
Stage 3: Fluoride and Arsenic filter. This stage removes 90.7% of fluoride out of your tap water!
What exactly will the filter remove from my tap water?
This system removes over 230 contaminants, so I won’t list them all. But here are some of the big ones that caught my eye:
- And so much more!!!
You can check out the full performance data here for the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Filtration System.
How often do I need to replace the filter?
It is recommended to replace all 3 filters together every 2000 gallons. Of course depending on the number of people in your household you will reach 2000 gallons in differing timelines. Here is an estimation from Clearly Filtered:
- Individuals: 15 months
- 2 People: 15 months
- 3-4 People: 12 months
- 4+ People: 9 months
This is just an estimation. You need to also consider how much water your household uses and how heavily contaminated your tap water is – more contamination will mean your filter has to work harder and won’t last as long.
Check out the Clearly Filtered Water database HERE to see what contaminants are in your tap water that exceed the Environmental Working Groups Health Guidelines AND which water filter would work best for you!
How difficult is it to replace the filters in the 3 stage water filter?
Just like the install of the actual system, the replacement of the filters is so easy! You simply need to unscrew the old filters and then (in the correct order) screw on the new filters.
Clearly Filtered Discount Code
Clearly Filtered is offering my readers a discount code!
You can also save on 10% on your replacement filters when you subscribe and save!
Gurl Gone Green’s Review of the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Water Filter
Pros of the 3 Stage Water Filter
- Super Easy To Install- It took my husband 10 minutes to install under the sink. The instructions were very clear and it wasn’t a process at all. I love that I didn’t have to have a plumber install it. It’s also not permanent, so great for those who are renting. This is huge in my opinion!
- Tubing Is Stainless Steel- I love that the tubing connected to the sink and water filter is stainless steel, not plastic. So no weird by products going into the water as well.
- Filters Easy To Change- It’s easy to change the filters when you need too. Just unscrew the old filters and put in the new filters.
- Removes Contaminants- Have I mentioned it filters out 99.9% of 232 contaminants?!
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee- This is great that they offer this, if for some reason you weren’t happy with the filter.
- Lifetime Product Warranty- I love that they back up their product with a lifetime warranty.
- Convenience- I have had so many water filters but this one has been the easiest. I can literally turn on my faucet and instantly get clean filtered water in seconds. I don’t have to refill a container and wait! Makes heating up large pots of water a breeze and cleaning produce even easier.
- Doesn’t Strip The Water Of Minerals- Rest assured all the minerals are still intact in the water!
Cons of the 3 Stage Filter
- It Doesn’t Work With Hot Water- The Clearly Filtered 3-Stage Under The Sink Filter works with only cold water not hot water. Obviously in a perfect world it would be great if it filtered out everything.
- Price- The 3 Stage Under The Sink Filter is a little more pricey, coming in at $500. However, you are getting a state of the art water filtering system and getting pure clean water in return. Bottom line, you get what you pay for.
- Filter Price- The price of the filters is $400 so just $100 less than the actual price of the system. It does seem pricey to replace water filters, especially when you will probably need to do so every 9-15 months depending on your household size. But, when you consider all that is being removed from your water and how much water it is filtering it makes sense why they would need to be replaced that often.
- Doesn’t Remove Bacteria- This filter is meant for well water or tap water that is already disinfected, that’s why it doesn’t remove bacteria from what I’ve read.
Is This Filter Worth It?
I definitely think the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Under The Sink Filter is worth it. Obviously it comes with a high price tag but you’re also getting water that is as close to pure as possible. It also is super easy to install and filters are easy to replace. I’ve compared to other sink filters and Clearly Filtered removes more contaminants and is less bulky and easier to install. If your budget allows I would recommend the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Under The Sink Filter– it really is the best under the sink filter on the market.
Let me know if you have used the Clearly Filtered 3 Stage Water Filter and your thoughts below!
If you liked this post, check out these past posts: