I wanted to preface this post and share a little bit about why I started down the road of even looking at organic clothing. I am definitely natural and green in pretty much every area of my life but clothing I hadn’t really dove into. I didn’t really know much about it and it didn’t seem like as big of a deal as other parts of my life when it comes to going natural.
That was until I started to really research clothing after a study came out finding microplastics in human blood. It really caught my attention. I quickly realized all the things I didn’t know, which led me to wanting to switch out my clothing!
Many clothes today are made with polyester– also known as a type of plastic. We are literally wearing plastic around and then trying to avoid it in other parts of our life- so strange! I know that’s how I felt when learning about our clothing.
Leggings especially are a heavy hitter as they’re made typically from 100% polyester. I don’t know about you but leggings are a permanent staple in my wardrobe, so the amount of exposure I was getting was great.
Not only are you being exposed through clothes, but also the environment is getting a heavy dose of plastic exposure every time clothes are washed. When polyester clothing is washed, plastic residue spills off into the water systems, contaminating our water and our air. It’s really affecting everything! I’ve found I have become a more conscious consumer all around and aware of what I’m buying and where I’m buying from. It really all matters and that’s where PACT Clothing comes in!
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
All About PACT Clothing
PACT is a truly unique company when it comes to making organic and sustainable clothing. They make everything from organic cotton basics for women, men, children and babies, to casual wear to even bed and bath items. From the look of the clothing to the mission of the brand there is literally so much to love.
One thing that I love is that I do think they are Earth’s favorite clothing company. They truly have thought of so much. Here are a few reasons the Earth (and you) will love PACT:
- They are organic and are certified organic by the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). If you know anything about cotton crops the big take away is that they are known for being the dirtiest crop when it comes to toxic chemicals. These chemicals are no good for the workers that are producing the products, the Earth or the consumer. That’s why PACT uses GOTS certified organic.
- By choosing organic cotton, 81% less water is being used than if conventional cotton were to be used.
- PACT partners with Fair Trade certified factories. Fair Trade certified means these factories have met rigorous social, economic and environmental standards. This includes safe working conditions, environmental protection, sustainable livelihood and community development funds.
- PACT uses packaging that is recyclable as well as made from recycled materials. This includes paper envelopes made from 100% post-consumer recycled paperboard and cardboard boxes made with 98% post-consumer recycled materials. Not to mention the plastic bags that are there to protect your clothing are biodegradable.
- PACT makes it easy to offset your carbon footprint. They have partnered with an eco tech company that allows their customers to offset the carbon footprint made with their shipments. The technology is able to compute exactly how they can offset the carbon footprint locally – an example would be buying wind energy credits.
Related Content: Brook There Review (An Organic Cotton Lingerie Brand)
PACT Organic Clothing Review
I’m so excited to share my PACT clothing review with you! This has been a long time coming. When I really started to dive in deep into sustainable, organic clothing I thought I was going to have to spend an arm and a leg to have “ALL” the things. But it turns out with PACT clothing I don’t have to. In other words I can have my cake and eat it too! Keep reading to see what the pros and cons are of this organic clothing brand, plus my full review on clothing pieces from them.
- Price- It’s affordable! Yes, you can actually buy organic clothing and feel like you aren’t having to spend every last penny too. They also have sales quite often which is nice. And you can save 20% if you are a first time customer with PACT (see below).
- Sizing- I feel most of their clothing items are true to size. I’ve tried their pants, shirts, sweatshirts, and a dress and they all fit true to my normal size. Obviously, there can be variations depending on overall weight and height. For reference I’m 5’7” and just average weight. My husband got several shirts, a pair of shorts and they worked except for the shorts. Which I talk about more in the review of the men’s products below.
- Durability- The fabric feels very durable and long lasting. It doesn’t feel cheap at all. The pieces feel like a quality piece of clothing and weighty. I did notice some fading on my shirt after the first wash and my hub’s shirts but it wasn’t anything crazy. It actually makes the shirt look worn in and that’s the look they were already going for. A small price to pay for using natural dyes and not synthetic. My hubs was impressed with every item he got and felt they have worn well too. He’s a pretty tough critic!
- Coming Soon- They do show clothing that is going to be coming soon, which I like. All you have to do is enter your phone number to be the first to know when it drops. It can help prep you for what’s to come and you can make sure and hop on the items when they drop.
- Shop For The Whole Family- I love that you can shop for the whole family at Pact. From women’s to men’s and then even children and baby. It really makes it so much easier to buy sustainable/organic clothing.
- Returns- They want you to love the clothing, and if you don’t they offer returns on items within 60 days that are unworn and unwashed.
- Fit Happens- This is a policy for their underwear. Pact’s Perfect Fit Exchange is based on the desire to provide you with the perfect fit for your underwear, bras, leggings, and tights. If you are not satisfied with your first pair, they will offer a free size swap or refund within 60 days of purchase.
- Availability– This is one area that I’ve noticed can vary. They seem to sell out of things rather quickly and it can take a while to get them back in. Also, styles are always changing so if you like something, it’s best to snag it right away!
- Color Fading- As I mentioned above there was a little color fading on my shirt and my hubs but nothing crazy drastic.
Related Content: MATE the Label Review
Gurl Gone Green’s Pact Clothing Review
PACT Women’s Clothing
Go To Cropped Pocket Legging in Chocolate Leopard- I love these leggings! So comfortable and easy to wear. They have a bit of stretch but aren’t so stretchy like traditional leggings. I love knowing I’m not dressing myself in plastic as most leggings are 100% polyester. These are great for working out or for a low key/laid back look. I want to get a black pair too! I got a size medium and it fit true to size. Get it here.
Ribbed High Waist Legging- I got these in two colors, black and chocolate brown. They are so comfortable- literally want to wear them everyday! I have dressed these up or down. Also could totally workout in these too. Great with a long sweater or a cropped tee. I got a size medium and they fit true to size. Get it here.
The Field Easy Cropped Tee in Clay- I really wish I would have gotten two of these shirts because I wear this a lot. It’s such an easy tee to throw on with everything. It feels heavier than most tees with the organic cotton and hemp material. I really love pairing it with some high waist leggings. I got a size medium and it fit true to size. Get it here.
Underwear- I got their lace waist thong and love them! So much so that I ordered more. Most underwear is made with polyester, and I don’t know about you but wearing plastic as underwear just doesn’t sound right! Highly recommend these. I got a size medium and they fit true to size. Get them here.
Related Content: Best Organic Cotton Underwear
The All Ease Sleep Tee- This sleep shirt is perfect for keeping you cool at night and feeling so comfy. I’m all about sleep shirts and this one is definitely a keeper. I love that it feels so soft as I put it on for bed but feels even softer the more I wash it. I got a size medium and it fits true to size. Get it here.
Related Content: Best Organic Cotton Pajamas
No Show Socks- I was so excited to see that Pact offered no show socks. As with most socks they are made with polyester. These actually stay on my feet, even though they are no show and are great for workouts too. Get them here.
PACT Men’s Clothing (My Husbands Review)
Weekend Pocket Tee- This tee is so comfy my hubs said and fits true to size. He can wear this casual or dress it up with a blazer. It’s made with organic cotton and hemp. Shop here!
Weekend Henley Tee- This tee feels just like the weekend pocket tee my hubs said but a different style with the buttons. Looks good with jeans or chinos. My hubs loves it! Check it out here!
Woven Twill Drawstring Short- These were a no go for my hubs. He didn’t like how they fit. They were loose around the wait and tighter around the butt. The material was nice but overall fit didn’t work. Check them out here!
***My husband got some new items recently that I wanted to share***
How To Save On PACT Clothing: First Time Customers
First time customers can easily save 20% off your order. Yes, 20%! All you have to do is join their email list and you will be given a code to use on your first order. Super easy!
Is PACT Clothing Worth It?
PACT clothing is definitely worth it. I would recommend PACT clothing to friends and family. The brand is not only sustainable but also fashion forward when it comes to great basics. I love knowing that a brand has the health of their consumers in mind but also the planet. It really makes you appreciate how brands are going the extra mile to truly create something great, while also changing the planet!
If you liked this post, check out these past posts: