Finding cleaning products that actually work yet are non toxic can be one of the biggest challenges when switching to a greener lifestyle. I have tried SO MANY in my household and I truly know which brands are a step above the rest.
Branch Basics is a brand that I initially used years ago. It is so good, that I continue to use it to this day! And, I am sharing a full review so you have all the details when choosing the best natural cleaners for your home.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
Branch Basics was founded by a powerhouse trio of women – Marilee, Allison and Kelly.
It all started with Marilee – a Board Certified Nutritionist, Certified Building-Biologist, and Building Materials Specialist. She believes that when you accommodate the most sensitive, then you help everyone – and that’s exactly what she does in her work.
I was lucky enough to speak with Marilee all about the Best Air Purifier For Your Home. You can check out that conversation here!
Allison is Marilee’s niece. After being told she would likely not be able to have children and experiencing rapidly declining health, she decided to ‘finally’ consult her Aunt Marilee. With her aunt’s guidance she was able to clean up what she was putting in her body, on her body and her environment. Getting rid of her toxic exposure gave her body the opportunity to heal. This has included getting pregnant and having babies!
Kelly is Allison’ friend who was witness to her amazing healing transformation. While she would have described herself as healthy, after following Marilee’s same guidance that Allison followed, she too was able to allow her body to heal. This meant no more painful menstrual cramps, dry eyes or headaches.
Together these three started Branch Basics. Their hope is to help others rid their homes of toxins and live their best and healthiest lives. With cleaning products containing some of the most toxic ingredients, this can be a huge stepping point for so many.
Branch Basics is a cleaner that has been made to remove dirt, grease and grime. It isn’t a disinfectant and it doesn’t sanitize. Which is great, because a disinfectant isn’t always needed when cleaning and, in fact, many are actually over-sanitizing when they clean.
Related Content: Force of Nature Cleaner Review
How Does Branch Basics Work?
Branch Basics not only will bring a non toxic cleaner to your home, but it will also simplify the entire cleaning process. Their one concentrate will replace numerous other cleaners.
Branch Basics uses plant and mineral based ingredients. The concentrate includes these ingredients:
- Purified Water
- Decyl Glucoside
- Organic Chamomile Flower Extract
- Sodium Citrate
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Phytate
Once you have your concentrate, you can use different dilution ratios to make different types of cleaners – from an All-Purpose Cleaner, to a Bathroom Cleaner, a Foaming Hand Wash and so much more!
Branch Basics makes it even easier by selling kits. The Premium Starter Kit ($75) will get you started with everything you need.
- One Concentrate (33.8 FL OZ)
- One Oxygen Boost (2 lb)
- All-Purpose Bottle (24 fl oz), Bathroom Bottle (24 fl oz), Streak-Free Bottle (24 fl oz), Foaming Wash Bottle (10 fl oz), Laundry Bottle (32 fl oz)
While you can definitely use your own bottles following Branch Basics ratio guide, the bottles you get from them have foolproof lines on the side for how much water and concentrate to use. They even have a Premium Starter Kit with glass bottles as an option ($125).
Use code gurlgonegreen to save 15% off all Starter Kits (excludes the Trial Kit)
How Much Does Branch Basics Cost?
Well, this depends on what you get. But the concentrate alone will cost you $55. It may seem like a lot but you can get so much out of that one bottle. They share a graphic that shows you can make the following with just one bottle of concentrate:
- 3 All Purpose Bottles
- 3 Bathroom Bottles
- 3 Streak Free Bottles
- 3 Foaming Wash Bottles
- 64 Loads of Laundry
The Oxygen Boost is $22 and the Dishwasher Tablets are $15.
If you are looking to save, a kit is an option or you have the option to Subscribe and Save for 10% off. To be noted you get free shipping over $39 and a 60 day money back guarantee.
Related Content: Best Natural & Non Toxic Laundry Detergents
My Favorite Ways To Use Branch Basics In My Natural Cleaning Routine
There are so many ways to use Branch Basics! It really is such a multi-purpose product. I think that’s what makes it so great. It can be used in so many ways.
Here are some ways I love to use it the Concentrate:
- Laundry Detergent- It really cleans clothes so well and doesn’t have any added fragrance- making it great for even the most sensitive skin. I love using this for baby clothes especially. I use 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 2 parts water.
- Soaking Clothes- If there is a stubborn stain or I want something to brighter or whiter I’ll soak the item in the Branch Basics Concentrate. I’ll spray with the All Purpose Spray, then let it sit for an hour and agitate it with a towel. If I need to add more concentrate I will.
- Countertops- I spray the All Purpose Spray directly on the countertops and dining room table daily.
- Bathroom Cleaner- I take the Bathroom Cleaner and spray the whole bathroom down with it. From sinks, to countertops, to toilets and floors.
- Produce- I haven’t done this as much lately, but in the beginning I would clean my produce with the the Concentrate. I add 1 tsp. of the Concentrate to a bowl full of water and let my produce soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Dusting- I spray the All-Purpose Spray and use a cloth to wipe up the dust.
- Cleaning Toys- I use the All-Purpose to spray on the toys and let sit for 30 seconds before wiping off. This works great for window sills and baseboards.
- Cutting Boards- Spray All-Purpose on then let sit for 2 minutes and then wipe off. Make sure the board is free from food beforehand.
- Stainless Steel Appliances- I will use the All-Purpose to start and then switch to the Streak-Free if I am not getting a streak free finish.
- High Chairs- I spray the All-Purpose all over the high chair and let sit for 30 seconds and then wipe down.
- Car Seat- The All-Purpose is great for cleaning car seats. I will spray onto and wipe down with a towel.
- Windows and Mirrors- The Streak-Free spray works great on windows and mirrors. I find it works best with a paper towel.
- Floors- I use the All-Purpose and spray it on tile floors, and engineered hardwood and it works great at making them shiny.
Related Content: Best Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
There are so many ways to use the Oxygen Boost too. Oxygen Boost is added to the Concentrate to help boost its effectiveness. It’s a powder so it acts as a little scrub when mixed with the Concentrate. I’m able to get certain surfaces or things cleaner when using it with the Concentrate.
Here are some ways to use the Oxygen Boost:
- Laundry- Add it to the laundry for an extra cleaning boost.
- Bathrooms- I will sprinkle it on sinks and in toilets and tubs and then spray the Bathroom Spray. Then let sit for 5-10 minutes and then scrub.
- Carpet- For tough stains, I’ll sprinkle some Oxygen Boost on the stain and then let sit for 5-10 minutes and then scrub.
I was so excited when I saw Branch Basics come out with a dishwasher tab, however I was quickly disappointed after using them. They left my dishes with a film on them- actually a film inside my whole dishwasher. My glasses weren’t clear and my plates weren’t sparkling. I wanted to love them, but they didn’t make the cut. I am on city water, so not sure if that makes a difference or not. Either way, these were not a win for me.
Related Content: Best Non Toxic Dish Soaps
Branch Basics Review
What I Like About Branch Basics
- Multi-purpose Spray- I love how it can be used for so many purposes. Instead of having 5 different bottles of cleaner- I only have 1!
- Fragrance Free- I love knowing I’m not breathing in harmful fumes as I’m cleaning.
- Simple/Clean Ingredients- The ingredients are not only effective but clean. I don’t have to worry about my kids cleaning with it.
- Cost Effective- Since you are making everything using the Concentrate, it’s actually quite affordable.
- It is effective- From bathrooms, to kitchens, appliances and laundry it actually gets things clean as a natural cleaner.
What I Don’t Like About Branch Basics
- Amazon- The one thing I wish was different is being able to order Branch Basics on Amazon. 🙂
Does Branch Basics Actually Work?
Branch Basics is an effective cleaner. It works in all areas of the home, replacing multiple bottles of cleaner with just one solution. It’s brilliant and works so well!
Use code gurlgonegreen to save 15% off all Starter Kits (excludes the Trial Kit)
Branch Basics FAQ’s
What does Branch Basics smell like?
Branch Basics is fragrance free and to me has a very benign smell. Maybe a very faint soap smell, but it’s really not much at all. Per Branch Basics you can add essential oils to the cleaner if you are wanting a scent. Read here for more details!
Can I use tap water with Branch Basics?
Yes, you can use tap water. However, it is recommended to use distilled water with the Streak Free solution.
Is Branch Basics safe?
Yes! Branch Basics is so safe. Just take a look at the ingredients and you will know there is no comparison to the other toxic cleaners out there. They are even MadeSafe certified. This certification really takes safety to the next level.
This certifies that products you use on your body, with your family, and in your home are made with safe ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health.
Because I choose to use Branch Basics as a cleaner in my household I feel great about having my kiddos help out. No need to worry about what they might touch or breathe in!
How long does a bottle of Branch Basics last?
A bottle of Branch Basics concentrate lasts me approximately 4 months. I am a daily cleaner and am using my Branch Basics all the time! I don’t always use it for my laundry, however. So if you used it as your primary laundry detergent you would definitely go through it faster.
Have you used Brach Basics? Let me know your thoughts below!
If you liked this post, check out these past posts: