Back by popular demand we are so excited for our second annual Best of Green Beauty 2017! This was such a hit last year, that my girl Lisa from This Organic Girl and I had to do it again, giving you only the best of the best.
We had three criteria when choosing products:
1. We had to love it.
2. Had to be clean(duh).
3. And of course above all it had to work- no compromises.
It’s easy to get lost in the sea of products these days- even green beauty products. We wanted to bring you products that are tried and true and live up to the hype! We both have tried a ton of products in our day as bloggers and these are straight up standouts. Products we go back to again and again because they’re that good!
After all you shouldn’t have to compromise when transitioning to green beauty. The game has changed friends and green beauty has got it going on! We don’t feel like we’re sacrificing at all with these products. If anything they perform better than their conventional ones.
Get ready to hang with the stars because the Best of Green Beauty 2017 is here! And don’t forget to head to Instagram for a chance to win all this loot!
Suzi – These hands soaps scream luxe! They are so beautiful you hardly want to use them, but then you smell them and you can’t help yourself. Bar soaps in the past could seem boring and old school but Osmia has taken a simple bar soap and turned it into a must have luxury product! The perfect gift anytime of year. My fave scent is the coffee mint!
Lisa – If you have an appreciation for artisan formulators who not only perfect their craft but take it to the next level with thoughtful packaging and presentation then look no further than OSMIA. Not only are these soaps handmade, they are formulated with organic, wildcrafted, conflict-free, top shelf ingredients. It’s not uncommon for a batch of OSMIA soap to adorn $1,000 worth or organic essential oils. AND these soaps are cured two weeks longer than industry standard making them dense and long lasting. Let’s just say my heart skips a beat every time I open a new bar. Suzi says her fave is coffee mint which is next on my list. So far my fave is Milky Rose.
Snag an Osmia soap here!
Suzi – Let’s just say the moment I used this oil I knew I was going to be hooked! This body oil is the best of the best. It comes in a dark bottle that helps preserve the oil. The smell is amazing, with notes of jasmine, rose and magnolia. My skin feels so hydrated but without the greasiness, just supple and smooth. I can’t get enough- already used up two bottles!
Lisa – Three words: Max and Me knows oils. I’ve tried several of their face and body oils and they are all out of this world. We chose Circle of Protection as our #1 pick but really, any of their body oils take skin nourishment to the next level. Smooth, fast absorbing, rich in color with a whisper of fragrance, this oil is frankly a stroke of brilliance. The base of Circle of Protection is a blend of certified organic Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (oil expressed from the kernels of this African tree), wildcrafted Marula Oil and certified organic Musk Rose Seed Oil – scented with a blend of essential oils. Light, nutty and fruity, this oil will bring you to your knees.
Grab your body oil here!
Suzi – This nail polish takes the cake when it comes to longevity. You put it on as a top coat after applying nail polish. You’ll be amazed how your manicure lasts! The kicker? It rates a 1 on EWG!
Lisa – I picked this up on a whim when I needed a new top coat and with no expectations I brought it to the salon for a mani/pedi. No joke, my pedi lasted a week longer than any pedi I’ve ever gotten. #truth And it’s cleaner than most nontoxic nail polishes!
Snag your Better than Gel here!
Suzi – This is a staple and must have at all times in my beauty routine. It’s the best natural hair spray I’ve come across in green beauty- it works and works well! My hair is fine and thin and this doesn’t weigh my hair down but gives it a lift. I can even brush out my hair after using it the day before and my hair is even better! Did I mention this comes in a travel size bottle as well?! I stock up on both the full size and travel size. My hubs is even hooked too! Say hello to your new favorite!
Lisa – Let’s be honest. I don’t have to buy too many beauty products these days. But this gem!? I literally buy it for myself like 4x a year. I have curly hair so every time I wash + diffuse, I finish with Josh Rosebrook’s hairspray. No ifs, ands or buts about it. You can use it lightly to maintain volume and control fly-aways or layer it for a strong hold. This is hands down the best hairspray green beauty has to offer. And just when you thought the world couldn’t get any better, try and pick your chin up off the floor when you look at the ingredients and wonder how Josh can lock your waves into place using brown rice, yuca starch and glycerin (all certified organic of course).
Get your hair spray here!
Suzi – This mask smells amazing and truly gives you a glow after using. It helps to even out skin tone more than any others I’ve used! It hydrates and detoxes but doesn’t dry your skin out. This mask instantly transports you to the island of Hawaii where it’s made by hand. The amount of dedication that goes into each batch is truly amazing! You won’t be disappointed!
Lisa – From start to finish the entire Bean experience is next level skincare. First, be still my heart with their hand carved glass-in-wood packaging. Next, raw + organic ingredients sourced from co-ops, biodynamic farms (as well as homegrown) are thoughtfully handcrafted in Kauai, Hawaii. This chocolate creamy mask will transform your skin. And I don’t say that lightly. I was converted the day it evened and brightened my sunburned cheeks and forehead. Best mask of the year right here!
Get your mask on here!
Suzi – This mascara is an all around winner. It gives my lashes separation, length and doesn’t come off during the day. Plus, no irritation at all! It gets better the more you use it too! The formula gets better after some air has gotten to it. Give it two weeks and you’ll have vixen lashes for days!
Lisa – I think every girl would agree with me. It’s a “lashes or bust” world and we are just living in it. Lashes tie a whole look together and Hush + Dotti does not disappoint. This formula lengthens like the best of ’em and with a couple of coats your will have va va voom volume that will stop anyone in their tracks.
Grab your mascara here!
Suzi – This deodorant takes the cake for best natural deodorant. It goes on so smooth, no scraping your underarms anymore, it smells amazing and best of all- it works! I can put it on and get two days wear out of it- smelling fresh! I’ve had no irritation either!
Lisa – This deo does it all. Eliminates odor, goes on smooth and keeps me dry. Yeah I said it. This formula keeps me dryer than any other natural formula out there and not only does it eliminate odor, it actually makes me smell like roses. Oh and I used a whole stick without experiencing any irritation.
Snag your deodorant here!
Suzi – This mask is everything! I use it everyday in the morning to wake my skin up. I put it on when I’m brushing my teeth and then rinse it off after. It’s my cleanser and mask in one. It gives my skin a pick me up and glow for the rest of the day! The exfoliant in the mask isn’t harsh at all- which I love. Gentle enough to use everyday. Your skin will thank you! Did I mention it’s only $28?! Carolyn the founder really knows her stuff and takes great lengths to make sure the products are made with the best of the best.
Lisa – Suzi and I met LIVE Botanical formulator Carolyn at iBE Dallas and we were both so impressed with this up and coming brand. Her sourcing is crazy clean and her passion for formulating is palpable. But better than any of that is her Honey Rose Cleansing Mask. This mask exfoliates and cleans in two ways – with herbal grains (manual) and fruit enzymes (chemical). And it’s super versatile. You can use it as a mask and let it sit or you can use it immediately as a cleanser/exfoliator. Either way, get ready to GLOW girl!
Grab your Luna mask here!
Suzi – This illuminating serum is a staple in my makeup routine. It instantly gives my skin a glow and lights up my whole complexion. I love the color After Hours, it wakes up tired skin and yet looks natural. I mix mine with foundation or just apply it on top.
Lisa – Anytime my makeup doubles as skincare, I’m in. But when it surpasses pro-lines in both performance and health….there’s nothing left to do but shout it from the rooftops! The Highlight of the Day comes in three “colors” and I love them all. Each brings a certain je ne sais quoi to my look. I love it for my cheek bones, Cupid’s Bow, bridge of my nose and if I want to get jiggy with it, a little mixed into my moisturizer for my décolletage too.
Snag your Highlight of the Day here!
Suzi – This red lipstick is the quintessential red color for everyone. It’s a classic hands down. I love that with one swipe I can transform my look from ho hum to next level. The formula is so good too. It has a weighty feel for a lipstick formula and stays put on the lips all day. You’ll feel like a goddess carrying around this lipstick! The packaging is so chic too!
Lisa – This red looks good on both warm or cool skin tones and takes your look from subtle to bold in just a few strokes. If you’ve never found a red that works for you..look no further than KW Red. My favorite thing about this lipstick (okay I have two fave things) is it’s matte so it wont move. It literally stays put all day and I love that I don’t have to worry about getting it on my teeth or it smudging onto my skin. I also love the packaging here. The lipstick tube sits heavy in my hand and is like a piece of jewelry for my bag. It’s also refillable so when you run out, you can stock up next time (or change shades) for almost half the price.
Get your Kjaer Weis Lipstick here!
Suzi – Want a natural shampoo and conditioner that makes your hair feel clean all the time? This is it! These are game changers when it comes to giving your hair the cleanest feeling possible. No more greasy hair from natural shampoos that don’t work! I have fine/thin hair and this works amazing for my hair. Lisa has thick curly hair and she loves it as well! Bottom line- it works all around! My hair has never felt cleaner using a natural shampoo- they nailed the formula.
Lisa – I looked far and wide, high and low and almost gave up on ever having that clean hair feeling again (sans toxins) until I met True Botanicals. Seriously. Not only does this formula clean my hair (like it truly CLEANS) but it also leaves my scalp moisturized and nourished. No itchiness or dryness from the winter season. This duo is my dessert island “must take with me” pick. True Botanicals also has a subscription option where you can select the frequency at which your items get delivered and you save 10%! Every 8 weeks is perfect for me and I adjust as I go because I don’t use conditioner as fast as I use shampoo.
Grab your shampoo and conditioner here!
Suzi – This face oil is so soothing. I put it on my skin and it instantly absorbs, giving it a supple feel. No greasy residue left behind, plus I wake up with perfectly hydrated skin. A newfound fave! I love how calming this serum is too with the blue tansy helping to soothe skin. Say goodbye to redness and ruddy skin and hello to bright and even skin!
Lisa – I love KHUS + KHUS face serums. I’ve tried their Sans Age and Blossom and both are magnificent. Sans Age has the slightest blue tint to it and smells like Blue Tansy. Made with all organic + sustainably wild crafted oils and CO2 extracts, KHUS + KHUS doesn’t play when it comes to using only the best ingredients. I love how this oil makes my face feel: supple, plump and well fed.
Grab your face serum here!
Ok, I want to hear from you! Have you used any of the Best of Green Beauty 2017? What did you think?
Ok, it’s finally here! 14 days of natural beauty giveaways! It’s about to get real good. I’ve teamed up with my friend and fellow natural beauty blogger Lisa from This Organic Girl. To know her is to love her and whenever we start brainstorming about collaborating it always starts to get crazy- in the best possible way! So in honor of the holidays upon us and the season of giving we’ve decided to extend our gratitude to our audiences and share some of of our favorite natural beauty brands with you. After all this is the season of giving!
Thank you to each one of you who follow along here on Gurl Gone Green. Your support means the world and this is one little way to give back. I hope you know how much your support means to me!
Here’s How It Will Work:
- For the next 14 days we’ll be giving away some stellar natural beauty products! And guess what?! Not only am I giving away a set but so is Lisa, so there will be two winners each day!!! You’re chance of winning is big!
- We will post at 6 pm PST and 9 pm EST every night on Instagram for the next 14 days. So make sure you’re following us, @gurlgonegreen and @thisorganicgirl and have your notifications turned on. You will enter to win the giveaway on our Instagram as we post about the brand each day.
- These brands are all favorites- tried and true products!
Wearing the Leahlani Mermaid Mask with the one and only Lisa from This Organic Girl!
Did someone say African Botanics? This brand is in a league of it’s own when it comes to effective, and clean natural beauty products.
*GIVEAWAY- Fleurs d’Afrique Intensive Recovery Oil and Resurrection Cell Recovery Serum
- So last August I was introduced to Fleurs d’Afrique Intensive Recovery Oil. Let’s just say it was definitely a green beauty standout! I even included it in my best of clean beauty 2018- it’s that good. It was really the first plant-derived retinol that I used that blew me away.I would literally recommend this oil to for any skin type. Whether you have sensitive skin, acne, mature, dry or oily. It does so much for each skin type. It’s highly active. The formula includes plant-derived retinols, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, amino acids, minerals, carotenoids and peptides. This oil has it all!From helping to fade fine lines, dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, and fading redness. It basically helps to come in and repair what environmental factors, stress and the aging process has done to the skin and reverse it.
- But that’s not the only product standout from African Botanics…their Resurrection Cell Recovery Serum.Say hello to your new favorite serum. But for real. This is a serum whereas the Fleurs d’Afrique from African Botanics is an oil. This serum according to studies minimizes dark spots by 67%! That’s amazing. It helps to smooth fine lines and repair the skin from environmental damage. It contains plant-derived retinol, and plant peptides. Plus, green sea algae which gently exfoliates the skin. It is a gel serum that can be worn under the Fleurs de’Afrique or any other oil and helps to plump, hydrate and deliver antioxidants to your skin. Shop African Botanics here!
Shop African Botanics here!
Ok, if you haven’t heard of Josh Rosebrook by now you’re really missing out…sorry but it’s just the truth! Not only does Josh create hair products, but skincare products as well. Some people can only master one or the other, but I’m here to say he’s successfully mastered both. Not to mention he is a hair stylist, someone who knows hair creating hair products…hello! I’ve tried a handful of his products, from hair to skincare, and have been left wanting more each time. The amount of care and dedication that goes into each product Josh makes is truly a work of art. He really takes green beauty to the next level!
*GIVEAWAY- Active Enzyme Exfoliant, Cacao Antioxidant Mask, Hair Spray and Serum Spray
- Active Enzyme Exfoliant- This exfoliator uses a mechanical exfoliant of walnut shells, and also an enzyme exfoliant. Not only did my skin feel smooth after but it looked brighter! It is chockfull of plant oils and active honey- a serious treat for the skin. Get it here!
- Cacao Antioxidant Mask- I’ve been using Josh’s Cacao Antioxidant Mask for a while and have fallen hard for it. You open it and instantly get a whiff of rich cacao-just like the name suggests. I’m in love! It looks like dark rich frosting but not the kind you eat. This decadence is the kind you apply to your face. My skin feels revived, refreshed and awake after using. The ingredients in the mask are amazing and really make this “glow” happen. Cacao is a known antioxidant that helps to slow the aging process and beef up collagen to give skin it’s health back. Get it here!
- Hair Spray- Best natural beauty hair spray! Need I say more? It adds volume, hold and does it all using natural ingredients! Get it here!
- Serum Spray- This is one of Josh’s newest products and it’s SO good. This serum spray acts as a heat protectant, calms frizz, and smooths hair and curls. This is your hair’s new best friend! Get it here!
Shop Josh Rosebrook here!
Companies like Innersense are setting the standard for the green beauty industry. Innersense Beauty hair products are salon worthy. The founders of Innersense, Greg and Joanne Starkman, were in the beauty and wellness industry for years when they realized their beliefs weren’t matching up with their professional lives. This birthed Innersense, a company that prides itself on integrity. Their whole philosophy is so commendable and just down right amazing! From actually listing every ingredient and why it’s in there, to environment sustainability, kindness to animals, and giving back…the list could go on. I mean the ingredient glossary alone is so cool. You know when hair products are created by stylists that they’re going to be good!
*GIVEAWAY- Innerpeace Whipped Creme Texturizer, I Create Lift Volumizing Foam, I Create Waves, Pure Harmony Hair bath Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Whipped Creme Texturizer- This is the best texturizer! My hubs uses this to add some texture and hold to his hair, I use it after I curl my hair for some definition and hold and I use it on my little girls to style their hair and smooth out fly aways. It’s a do it all product. Get it here!
- I Create Lift Volumizing Foam- This is my favorite natural beauty volumizer. It gives me hair some texture and helps to keep the volume going for the whole day. Get it here!
- I Create Waves- I love adding this to my hair after I’ve curled it. It adds so much texture and a little hold. It really gives me that beachy look I crave. Get it here!
- Pure Harmony Hair Bath Shampoo and Conditioner- This really helps to give your hair hydration but without weighing it down. Plus, it smells so good! Get it here!
Shop Innersense Beauty here!
BLUH Alchemy was started by Becky Bluh who had a strong desire to help her daughter’s skin heal from itchy, dry and sensitive skin. Becky knew she was on to something when her daughter’s skin began to heal. She realized she wanted to pursue the power of plants even further and really learn of their medicinal properties.
Besides experimenting on her own, she also was trained in cosmetic chemistry where she collaborated with top natural chemists to create BLUH Alchemy. Not only does this innovative skincare line help protect against environmental effects, but natural aging, and daily oxidative stressors. Using botanicals, BLUE Alchemy treats the skin with intentional products that produce results naturally.
*GIVEAWAY- Multi C, Cleansing Oil, Toning Elixir, Antioxidant Face Oil.
- Multi C- A breakthrough in botanical technology, Multi C Serum features the world’s first full- spectrum photoactive Vitamin C, a cellular extract from the kakadu plum that boasts 50 x more antioxidant potency than a Florida orange. It brightens and gives your skin a glow.
- Toning Elixir- This deep hydration toning elixir takes your skin from parched and dry to hydrated and supple. Not only does this toning elixir contain bioactive and antioxidants but hyaluronic acid and hibiscus to keep moisture intact. This hydration helps to firm your skin while helping to fade fine lines and of course when skin is hydrated it naturally glows!
- Cleansing Oil- This cleansing oil removes all your impurities effortlessly. It makes your skin feel hydrated yet not greasy. I love the smell too!
- Antioxidant Face Oil- This oil is a blend of essential fatty acids and protective antioxidants. It includes 18 nutrient dense oils including wild harvested Australian Kakadu plum and Snowflower. These help to repair, regenerate and restore. Your skin will be plump, hydrated and glowing after!
Shop Blu Alchemy here!
Anna, the founder is a longtime fitness and health guru that battled sensitive rosacea skin. She wanted products that would help her skin not turn bright red during workouts and be effective. With over 10 years of research in plant based ingredients, Anna discovered ingredients that feed and nourish the skin. FitGlow Beauty, a Canadian born company, was created to be with you wherever the day may take you. From yoga, to the office and everything in between. They actually have subjects test their products while running and doing yoga, to ensure they perform in any condition…how cool is that? Their beauty products are not only clean, and non-toxic but nourishing to the skin. Full of active ingredients-vitamins that feed your skin, and organic extracts. This line doesn’t mess around. They’re also Leaping Bunny certified-no animal testing happening here and gluten free. I really like how FitGlow doesn’t have dozens and dozens of products too. They keep it simple: Just make really great quality products.
*GIVEAWAY- 10 of our favorite Lip Color Serums
- Lip Color Serums- I’m pretty sure anyone who tries these lip color serums in clean beauty are obsessed! These are the perfect balance of a hydrating lip product, while at the same time having some serious skincare nutrients. These nutrients help to plump, minimize fine lines and keep your lips so soft.
Shop Fitglow Lip Serums here!
I wouldn’t be a 14 days of natural beauty Christmas Giveaway without Leahlani in the mix. Leah, the founder, is a true artist when it comes to skin, Leah dealt with her own set of skin issues. Through her own skin struggles, she believes fate led her to pursue a career in skincare, and become a holistic esthetician. Leah learned so much firsthand being a spa director, and then having her own practice. This journey not only led her to find her passion, but it paved the way for Leahlani Skincare to be born. Leah wanted to create a skincare line that would be a, “ritual and not a routine.” Well she definitely achieved that and so much more. Oh and side note, to know Leah is to love her! She is a serious sweetheart, and has a heart of gold.
*GIVEAWAY- Mermaid Mask, Honey Love, Pamplemousse, Citrus and Citrine Toner and Siren Serum
- Mermaid Mask- Many people ask what mask they should buy when transitioning to green beauty and this is it! I promise you will love it and thank me. Her mask is a little piece of heaven. With ingredients like Chlorella, sea buckthorn, spirulina and raw honey, this mask is pure decadence. A lot of masks moisturize after wearing, but you don’t notice a visible difference to the naked eye. Not the case with the Mermaid Mask, you’ll be glowing! It smells so insanely good too.
- Honey Love- This is an enzyme cleanser and exfoliant. It gets your skin glowing in no time with ingredients like honey, superfood maqui berry, tonifying hibiscus, anti-inflammatory noni fruit, stimulating clays, and sweet Hawaiian nectars.
- Pampelmousse- This tropical cleansing oil removes all your makeup and debris from the day and gives your skin some serious hydration. It also smells amazing!
- Citrus & Citrine Toner- This regenerating toner is all about giving your skin that glow with aloe vera water, juicy organic hydrosols, fruit acids, and pure Hawaiian sea silt. Spritzing this on everyday is a serious skin treat!
- Siren Serum- This skin brightening serum is filled with Vitamin C and Vitamin A. Plus it includes a blend of Sea Buckthorn CO2, carrot seed, geranium, jasmine, rose, ylang ylang and sweet citrus. It absorbs so well into the skin too!
Shop all of Leahlani here!
Credo Beauty is one of my favorite online natural beauty retailers. They have it all when it comes to clean and effective products. They’re like the Sephora of clean beauty. All the “IT” brands in one place! It makes it so easy to shop and find something you love.
*GIVEAWAY- They’re offering $500 worth of products! All of these products are standouts.
Shop all of Credo Beauty here!
Kosas offers some of the best natural beauty makeup products in clean beauty. From their tinted face oil, to their lipsticks- you can’t go wrong with a Kosas product. The pigments are rich and so pretty! The colors are so pretty.
*GIVEAWAY- 3 of the liquid eyeshadows, 3 of the lipsticks, 3 of the blush and highlighters
- Liquid Eyeshadows- These give you some great pigment that lasts! They come in a wand applicator and you apply right on your eyelid. Great as a primer before powered eye shadow as well.
- Kosas Lipsticks- If you follow me then you know I love a good Kosas lipstick. These lipsticks are highly pigmented, last and plump the lips all at the same time. They come in so many great colors too. Honestly, I haven’t found a color I didn’t love. Some lipsticks feel too heavy, or not hydrating enough- Kosas really nailed the formula on this one. Everything you want in a lipstick- but clean!
- Blush and Highlighters- These blushes and highlighters are the perfect little combo! They give warmth with some color and a glow with the highlighter. They come in powdered and cream versions- you will love them!
Shop Kosas here!
The all star ingredient in Maya Chia is the supercritical chia oil. Not only is chia oil heralded for it’s fast absorbing ability, but also for it’s antioxidants, minerals, and omega’s- a skin’s dream team! You can say bye to fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, it has clinically been proven to increase hydration. Check out my full review on Maya Chia I did to learn about how they extract the chia oil!
*GIVEAWAY- The Refresh Mint, The Optimist, The Great Cleanse, The Super Couple, Highlight of the Day (winners choice of shade).
- The Refresh Mint- It’s a resurfacing moisture mask. It takes a drab complexion and instantly awakens it and gives it a glow. If your skin is feeling less than, this mask is for you. It uses 4 different types of acids, enzymes, moisturizers to help slough off dead skin cells, hydrate and give you your glow back. A little magic potion in a bottle. I apply it to dry clean skin. Once applied I let it sit on my skin until its dry. Then rinse off with warm water. My skin is left with a glow, and smoothness that makes your skin look radiant! I’m so excited to keep using it and see my skin improve overtime.
- The Optimist- This gem is housed in a dark glass bottle, preserving every last drop of goodness. Smells divine with hints of neroli, sweet orange, and ylang ylang. The formula itself feels so hydrating on the skin and refreshing with white tea, antioxidants, fatty acids and phytonutrients- just to name a few. I can’t forget the actual spray function. It works so well! I know it might sound funny, but after trying hundreds of mists in my day, the spray function is actually quite important. You don’t want the mist to feel like it’s attacking your skin or spraying you in the eye! The Optimist sprays so well all over the face. The founder Susanne nailed it!
- The Great Cleanse- So you apply it on dry skin and rub in circular motions all over. It removes all my makeup effortlessly-yes even the stubborn eye makeup. When I’m ready to rinse it off I apply the slightest amount of water and rub it over my face. It really helps to break up anything lingering. It has the slightest emulsification when adding the water-which I love! Then I rinse with warm water and it comes off easily. A lot of oil cleansers you have to really rub off with a washcloth to get the product off but not with this cleanser. It’s so nice to have it come off so easy. My skin feels perfectly balanced after cleansing-not too dry or oily.
- The Super Couple- Ok, so this is the serum that started my infatuation with Maya Chia! I did a whole YouTube video on this product. You can watch it here. So why all the fuss? Well, for starters it melts right into your skin. No oily residue at all. Perfect for at night, and during the day before makeup.
- Highlight Of The Day- My Maya Chia review wouldn’t be complete without talking about these little guys! Where do I start?! I’ve fallen hard for them. So what is The Highlight of The Day? It is this bottle filled with liquid radiance- I know sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. It comes in two shades. Golden hour- a golden, warm champagne radiance and Happy Hour- a cool pink toned radiance. You apply it really however you want! I love applying mine on my upper cheek bone, bridge of my nose, in the upper middle section of my brows, cupid’s bow, and middle of chin. All the normal places you would use a traditional highlighter. You can even apply it on the inner corners of your eyes to wake them up. You can apply it over your foundation or mix it with your foundation or just where it by itself.
Shop all of Maya Chia here!
This makeup line is a definite fave in clean beauty! It combines the sought after pigments from conventional beauty with clean ingredients. Their liquid True Skin Serum Foundation is one of my absolute favorite foundations in clean beauty. It performs so well and looks so natural on the skin.
*GIVEAWAY- Color Haze, Tinted Lip Conditioner, True Skin Radiant Priming Serum, Liquid Light, Radiant Translucent Powder SPF 20
- Color Haze- These are a newer product by Ilia as well and they definitely live up to the hype. They look like a lipgloss. They come in a variety of colors. I have three, Waking Up, Before Today, and Sing. They have five colors total. You can really make a statement with these depending on how much you apply. If you want a subtle look, just blend a swipe of color and then blend out. If you want a more dramatic look, apply more for a pop of color. They also work for cheeks or lips! They give a great matte lip effect for the lips. The formula is so creamy. I love how they feel on the skin. The longevity on these is awesome too!
- Tinted Lip Conditioner- They are hydrating, offer SPF 15 and they give a subtle hint of color. The perfect summer lip product. Want some color, but also SPF when you’re out in the sun? They check all the boxes. I just tried Crimson and Clover and I LOVE it! It’s a bright yet subtle see through red that takes your whole look up a notch. If you want a lip product that protects, moisturizes and makes you look put together- this is it.
- Liquid Light- The Liquid Light is no different. It comes in a glass bottle and you pump it out. It comes in three colors. I’ve tried 2 and they’re both so good. I have Nova and Astrid. Nova is more of a champagne color, and Astrid is more bronzey. You can wear these so many ways. My favorite way is to mix them with my liquid foundation. I put a pump of the Liquid Light on my hand and then add my liquid foundation. Then I blend it together with a brush and apply to my skin. It creates this all over illuminated look. My skin looks like it’s glowing from the inside out. You also can apply it after you put on your foundation. Check out the diagram below to see where you would apply a highlighter.
- True Skin Radiant Priming Serum- I love their True Skin Serum Foundation so I knew I had to try their True Skin Serum Primer. It basically had my name written all over it. It’s a liquid primer with a hint of shimmer. Nothing crazy people. You can’t even see it. It gives your skin a lit from within glow. It’s meant to be applied after your moisturizer, right before foundation application. You will feel your skin tighten slightly and your fine lines filled in. It creates such a smooth even canvas for your makeup to be applied. It even helps to diminish pores. My skin looked lit from within and had such a glow. I can’t get enough! It doesn’t make your skin feel greasy at all but has a weightless moisture feel to it. You’re skin really does look like it’s glowing.
- Radiant Translucent Powder SPF 20- This is the perfect setting powder after makeup or before going in the sun. With SPF 20 you are getting some sun protection.
Shop all of Ilia Beauty here!
The 14 days of natural beauty giveaways continues with True Botanicals. When I think of TB what sticks out to me is a luxe anti-aging line. Using the most potent ingredients, TB spares no expense when it comes to creating their products. They care about quality and seeing products that actually perform, while at the same time are safe. A truly unique company in the green beauty industry. The scents of their products are some of the best. Nothing is too strong but smells fresh and real. I also love how they do clinical tests on their products. Something that is rare among the natural skincare industry. Proven results, with clean ingredients-what more could you want? Oh and I can’t forget to mention that all their products come in frosted glass bottles, can you say luxurious? Not only do they make skincare products but also some stellar body products. I tried out the shampoo and conditioner, body wash and lotion and they’re all winners!
*GIVEAWAY- Nourishing Cleanser, Nutrient Mist, Pure Radiance Oil, Repair Serum
- Nourishing Cleanser- This cleanser is milky in consistency. I apply it to damp skin and rub it all over in circular motions, even over my eye makeup. I double cleanse with this cleanser or use a balm before it and then use the Hydrating Cleanser second. It leaves your skin so smooth and not dry at all. Your skin feels balanced all over. So many cleansers blast your face and your skin is literally crying out for moisture-not the case with this cleanser. I love the mild earthy smell of jasmine and grapefruit.
- Nutrient Mist- This mist…I literally love the smell! It never gets old. Fresh smelling, not overly powerful. With jasmine, tuberose, and neroli, the whole combination just works! TB is serious about delivering even when it comes to it’s mists. This mist is packed with active ingredients like kombucha that detoxifies skin and balances ph. Plus, algae extract with it’s high omega 3’s and 6’s that protect skin from moisture loss, fix cellular damage and fill with fluid.
- Pure Radiance Oil- This is their number 1 product and for good reason. It seeps right into your skin, leaves behind no greasy residue, and makes your skin feel hydrated throughout the day and night. Besides being highly hydrating it also helps smooth wrinkles, shrink large pores and fight free radical damage. I love the scent as well. Not heavy at all, but with notes of frankincense, neroli, rose and jasmine. Many people wonder what makes this oil so special, here’s a blurb from TB on their website that explains it so well-
- Repair Serum- This serum-another good one. I mean am I sounding like a broken record yet? This serum is designed to reverse the cellular damage caused by sun exposure and aging. Pretty sure everyone wants to sign up for that-am I right?! Besides reversing cellular damage it also replenishes moisture and plumps up skin. It’s highly concentrated and goes past the surface of the skin to really get to the cellular level. Most serums sit at the top of the skin-not TB’s. Another thing I love about this serum is it’s ability to calm redness and ease congestion. My skin looks clearer over all and more even toned.
Shop all of True Botanicals here!
Beauty Heroes was founded by Jeannie Jarnot. A longtime spa director herself and healthy beauty expert. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeannie last year at IBE, and she is truly one of the sweetest people. Beauty Heroes is a monthly beauty service that selects only the best clean beauty brands. Each month you can find one to two full size truly heroic products in each box. The products typically range from skincare to haircare products. However, every 3 months Beauty Heroes offers a makeup box as well that’s optional for members or non-members. I absolutely love their “Use Less, Love More” philosophy. By only getting one or two products, you allow yourself to truly experience them. Of course you can trust their picks, as they are strict on their integrity standards. What’s not to love about this whole concept? As a Beauty Heroes Ambassador, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be part of such a movement.
*GIVEAWAY- They are offering two six month subscriptions of their natural beauty box.
Shop all of Beauty Heroes here!
If you aren’t familiar with Laurel Whole Plant Organics, allow me to introduce you. This skincare line is based on flowers and herbs. The line is 100% organic, raw and unrefined, and sources from bio-dynamic farms- I mean hello does it get any better?! No fillers in this line, all formulas are water and alcohol free. I love that the Laurel line is not only pure to the core, but also deeply rooted in creating a spa like ritual for yourself in the process. Taking time to savor the experience not only for your skin but for your mind.
*GIVEAWAY- Night Balm, Sun Serum, Honey Berry Mask, Brighten Mask, Mask brush and bowl
- Night Balm- A waterless, luxe balm filled with phytonutrients. It hydrates the skin, while at the same time delivering nutrients. It helps to strengthen and build connective tissue.
- Sun Serum- This serum is a one of a kind product. Who doesn’t have sun damage? I’m raising both hands. This little serum packs a serious punch towards fading hyper-pigmentation and freckles. It has 27 active ingredients, helping to promote skin rejuvenation and give you that glow we all crave. The scarlet pimpernel ﬂower does wonders to help reverse the signs of aging. Not to mention, organic licorice and carrot seed oil(packed with vitamin A). It doesn’t stop there. Not only does this serum help with current sun damage, but it also has red raspberry seed oil, jojoba and cranberry seed oil that protect for future sun damage. The whole serum is off the charts. It melts into your skin and leaves behind the scent of rosehip and sandalwood. This is a must have item for anyone looking to transform their skin!
- Honey Berry Mask- I’ve had the pleasure of sampling this mask in the past and it was gone too quick! It smells amazing, like your favorite berry jam. It does wonders to awaken the skin and gently exfoliate. Say goodbye to dull looking skin with this baby. The ingredients again are so good. Raw honey, and raw royal jelly, are just a few that make this mask truly decadent. Not only does my skin look brighter, and more even after using, but I love knowing that it’s fighting signs of anti-aging with it’s super antioxidant vitamin b found in royal jelly. This is a cult favorite from Laurel’s line and for good reason!
- Brighten Mask- This mask is unlike any mask I’ve tried and it performs unlike any mask I’ve used for brightening. The mask is for sun damaged, mature skin and is packed full of potent vitamin c. I also has a blend of active ingredients. It literally is a blend of plants and essential oils- no crazy preservatives. It’s in powder form too, so the ingredients are very potent because there is no water dubbing them down. When you add water, it activates the mask right then and you’re getting the best stuff!
- Mask brush and bowl- A luxurious brush and bowl to take your masking experience to the next level.
Shop all of Laurel here!
Day #14- Aillea Beauty/Valued at $500
Aillea is your one stop shop when it comes to natural beauty. They have everything when it comes to natural beauty products! I love being able to get my fave deodorant and also my favorite foundation and lipstick all in the same place. They are having a stellar sale- don’t miss out!
*GIVEAWAY- Aillea is giving away a $500 gift card!
- Aila Nail Polish- This is my favorite natural nail polish. It’s clean and they have it in so many colors. They even have a top coat that rates a 1 on EWG called Better Than Gel. Check out the colors Bodega, Room 212 and Namaste, some of my faves! Check them out here!
- Ilia- I love Ilia’s makeup! From their highlighters to their foundation, lip conditioners. There really isn’t a bad product. They’re natural but perform like conventional beauty products. Check them out here!
- Agent Nateur- This is one of my favorite natural deodorants. Specifically their Holi Rose. It performs so well and leaves me smelling fresh! Check it out here!
Shop all of Aillea here!
Who’s ready for the 14 days of Natural Beauty Christmas Giveaways!!
*Be sure you’re following me @gurlgonegreen and Lisa @thisorganicgirl on Instagram so you don’t miss a beat!
Sharing my favorite natural beauty products on the blog.
It’s time for the August Natural Beauty Box Roundup! Each month I pull back the curtain on the best of the best in clean beauty when it comes to monthly or bi-monthly beauty boxes. I was excited to share this month because there were so many good beauty products. New brands and some brands I’ve experienced and I was elated to see they were in one of my favorite natural beauty boxes. Especially because natural beauty boxes always offer a huge savings on the products. So you get to try them for a fraction of the cost- pretty cool!
Get ready for some serious clean beauty goodness in this month’s August Natural Beauty Box Roundup!
Don’t forget to check back for the box releases of:
What a treat to see Maya Chia in this month’s Beauty Heroes box!
Before I even dive into the Maya Chia review I first must tell you what makes them SO special. The all star ingredient in Maya Chia is the supercritical chia oil. Not only is chia oil heralded for it’s fast absorbing ability, but also for it’s antioxidants, minerals, and omega’s- a skin’s dream team! You can say bye to fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, it has clinically been proven to increase hydration. Check out my full review on Maya Chia I did last year to learn about how they extract the chia oil! Read about it here!
I love hearing how a brand gets started and Maya Chia has quite a story. The founder Suzanne Norwitz went from the corporate ladder to pursue her passion in creating the best quality skincare. She was also interested in the Mayan people, that began with her father. He is a surgeon and would go to Guatemala to operate on Mayan’s with clef lip palates. She even has two step children now that were both born in Guatemala. Her love for the culture grew and she discovered the power of chia in the Mayan culture. Thus, Maya Chia was born!
Refresh Mint Resurfacing Moisture Mask- This mask is one of the newest products to hit Maya Chia’s line. To try a Maya Chia product is to love it! They perform so well. So when I was sent the newest Refresh Mint Mask, I basically had to hold myself back from using it the minute I got it. This is unlike any mask I’ve used before in natural beauty.
It’s a resurfacing moisture mask. It takes a drab complexion and instantly awakens it and gives it a glow. If your skin is feeling less than, this mask is for you. It uses 4 different types of acids, enzymes, moisturizers to help slough off dead skin cells, hydrate and give you your glow back. A little magic potion in a bottle. I apply it to dry clean skin. Once applied I let it sit on my skin until its dry. Then rinse off with warm water. My skin is left with a glow, and smoothness that makes your skin look radiant! I’m so excited to keep using it and see my skin improve overtime.
The Optimist- This gem is housed in a dark glass bottle, preserving every last drop of goodness. Smells divine with hints of neroli, sweet orange, and ylang ylang. The formula itself feels so hydrating on the skin and refreshing with white tea, antioxidants, fatty acids and phytonutrients- just to name a few. I can’t forget the actual spray function. It works so well! I know it might sound funny, but after trying hundreds of mists in my day, the spray function is actually quite important. You don’t want the mist to feel like it’s attacking your skin or spraying you in the eye! The Optimist sprays so well all over the face. The founder Susanne nailed it!
This Beauty Heroes August Discovery is going to go fast! A definite must for the August natural beauty box roundup. If you’re wanting to snag this, hop on it. This discovery is valued at $97 but you can get it for $58.95! A huge savings. Get it here!
This month’s Boxwalla’s box is definitely a show stopper! I have fallen for Heart Of Gold!
I love when a Boxwalla box shows up on my doorstep. It’s like getting a very special skincare gift delivered right to me. I also love that this box is a bi-monthly box versus a monthly box. It really makes me savor the skincare products and not get overwhelmed. This month is totally special and of course had to be added to my August natural beauty box roundup.
The founders of Boxwalla do such a great job of picking the best of the best when it comes to skincare. They really do the research when it comes to finding unique green beauty skincare products. This month is no different! Sometimes I feel like a broken record when it comes to Boxwalla’s box but it’s because they always deliver every other month.
Sea Change Cleansing Balm- This product is so lovely. It comes in a glass jar and comes in a cream texture. I take a small dime size amount and apply it to dry skin, rubbing all over my skin. This helps to loosen the dirt and makeup from the day. Then it turns into a milky consistency when I rinse my face with water. I love how it comes off so easily with water. My skin is left feeling so hydrated and clean but not stripped. I’ve been especially loving this in the morning. It really gives my skin an extra boost of hydration before I apply my makeup.
Modern Love Gommage Gel- This is a unique skincare product. It comes in a glass jar as well and in a green gel like formula. It smells like jasmine. It’s an exfoliant, but different than a traditional skincare exfoliant. I massaged this into my skin and then waited for 1 minute before it’s almost dry and then started to massage my skin again. This creates small peels and helps to peel off the dead layer of skin and the gel. Your skin is left feeling refreshed and smooth. I noticed immediately a glow from using this product. My skin was definitely happy!
Sweet Briar Hydrating Nectar- This is a serum and moisturizer in one. It not only has the powerful skin benefits of a serum that helps to calm redness and soothe the skin but it also moisturizes similar to a lotion. This is perfect for the warmer summer months when you might not want a heavy moisturizer on your skin. I applied this to my skin after the gommage gel. My skin still needed a little more hydration after applying the serum/moisturizer. So I would apply my favorite day time lotion if it was daytime or an oil at night. I was excited to learn you could also use this as a mask too! Double duty! You just leave it on for 10 minutes.
This whole skincare ritual by Heart Of Gold is so special and unique! The value is insane too. You can get all of this for $49.95 and the value is $180. Get the Boxwalla August Box here!
Stay tuned for more in the August natural beauty box roundup! As the boxes roll out I’ll be sharing my faves.
Sharing all my favorite natural beauty boxes on the blog!