So excited to share with you about Sprouts’ Grand Opening in Mill Creek Washington! I was first introduced to Sprouts’ on trips to California, and Texas and instantly fell in love with their whole philosophy and shopping experience. Then when I found out they were opening a store near me in Mill Creek in Washington state I was over the moon! Sprouts’ makes the whole process of buying whole foods easy and affordable.
The Mill Creek Sprouts’ opens on August 15th! This is Sprouts’ 18th state- so exciting! I can hardly wait- you could say I’ll be there with bells on. So what makes their shopping experience so special. Well, several reasons. One of the biggest reasons I’ve loved shopping there is because they offer fresh, natural, and organic foods at great prices!
Why I Love Shopping at Sprouts:
- It’s my one stop shop for eating real, whole foods. I can buy not only my produce there, but my meat, dairy products, natural body care and household items. They cover the whole spectrum when it comes to health and wellness. I can get all I need in one trip! Something that makes this mama very happy.
- Sprouts’ makes eating healthy affordable. Often you hear eating healthy is expensive. But when shopping at Sprouts’ you can be sure you’re getting the best deal. They make healthy eating accessible for anyone. They just recently opened their 300th location! Their produce selection alone is always 20%-25% lower than traditional grocery stores.
- They carry around 18,000 products, 90 percent of which are natural or organic! How cool is it to know you’re shopping at a grocery store that takes natural and organic food seriously and embraces healthy living.
- I love how specific Sprouts’ gets with their quality and product selection. When shopping at Sprouts’ you can know exactly what you’re buying with their specific health attributes. For ex. you can see if meat is grassfed, or if cheese is raw or organic by their easy to read labels. They also have highly trained butchers that can cut anything to your liking, share tips, best practices and recipes. Plus, they are able to sell quality meat that’s never frozen.
- Great for healthy on the go. Their market deli is a great option for those who are in a hurry and need quick options for eating real food. You can make your own sandwiches, grab a fresh juice, grab some salad from the salad bar or soup.
- One of my favorite things is the wide array of natural body and beauty options available. I literally can grab some deodorant and toothpaste when picking up my groceries- I love how easy Sprouts’ makes living a natural lifestyle. You can even grab your supplements from there too! Say goodbye to running to several different stores- Sprouts’ has streamlined the whole experience.
- Their weekly ads. Their weekly ads are great because you can see what’s on sale! They organize it so well from bulk sales, produce sales, dairy, etc. Making it so easy to help plan out your meals based on what’s on sale.
- Sprouts’ App. The Sprouts’ app is something I just discovered but will be using a ton! It shows you their weekly ads easily, offers mobile coupons to save the most on items you love and helps you earn check marks on certain purchases with their Checkout Challenges. When you earn check marks you’re able to unlock instant rewards at checkout.
As you can see there are so many reasons to love Sprouts’! One of the things I noticed right away with Sprouts’ was how it didn’t feel overwhelming. Many times grocery stores are so large and you can get lost but not with Sprouts’. Yet, I love how it’s bigger than many small health food stores. I don’t feel like I have to stop anywhere else because Sprouts’ offers it all.
I can’t wait for you all to experience Sprouts’! If you’re in the greater Seattle area then put August 15th on your calendar, Sprouts’ grand opening in Mill Creek. This is the first Washington store! For more information on the Mill Creek opening check out the press release here.
Will you be at the Sprouts’ Mill Creek Grand Opening? Have you shopped at Sprouts’ before?
Why I love raw veggie bread? I thought you would never ask?! Ok, you actually have and that’s why I’m finally writing this post. My friend Deanna from @realfoodlab on Instagram is the creator and expert behind raw veggie bread and I totally blame her for getting me hooked- in the BEST possible way!
I remember seeing Deanna post about Raw Veggie Bread before and being totally intrigued by the whole process. A bread that is full of veggies, so nutrient dense and actually tastes good? I mean sign me up already! Even though the bread sounded amazing, I was intimidated to start. In fact I just didn’t for the longest time. I had all the tools- dehydrator, veggies and recipes but couldn’t bring myself to make it. After talking with others I’ve learned I’m not the only one who’s done this! It does seem intimidating, but can I let you in on a secret? It’s not! I don’t know how many people after they started to make it realized how easy it is and wonder why they didn’t start sooner.
Bottom line: Just start making it! The more you make it the better you’ll get.
One thing I can’t recommend enough is to buy the E-Course from Deanna from @realfoodlab. It’s the secret sauce! A lot of people have complained to me that it doesn’t work, or they haven’t gotten their breads to turn out. But when I ask them if they’ve bought the course they tell me they haven’t. Trust me when I say the process of making the raw veggie bread will go SO much easier when you buy the E-Course. Deanna the creator of the course has been doing raw veggie bread for 10 years and knows her stuff. She literally has come up with over 100 recipes in her E-Book and walks you through the process in her 7 videos in the course too. If you want to save yourself time and money then get the course! She knows just the right variations to make the bread turn out great each time.
What does the course include:
- 103 page eBook that includes raw veggie bread recipe book and manual
- 7 detailed how-to-video tutorials- learn how to transform boring veggies into tasty breads, wraps and crackers
- Veggie bread trouble shooting lesson
- Home-made nut butter tutorial
- Nut-free and seed-free options
- Plus, creative ways to get your child to eat more veggies
- Dozens of low-carb and keto friendly desserts
- Bonus: Lifetime Acces to bonus recipes and tutorials
It’s kind of amazing the amount of content you get for the price of $79! I have the course and was blown away by the amount of info. Deanna gave. I felt so empowered and ready to start making raw veggie bread.
I did an Instagram Live with Deanna recently to help people see how easy it is to make the raw veggie bread and answer some questions. You can watch the video here! I also have received a lot of questions since talking about it on Instagram and Facebook. Below I’m answering all of the most asked questions.
What’s in raw veggie bread?
Veggie bread is a combination of nuts, seeds, veggies, oils, herbs and spices. The combination gives you such a nutrient punch. From healthy fats to antioxidants- you’re body will thank you!
How I eat the raw veggie bread?
So many ways! Here are a few of my favorites. Instead of using a traditional wrap I just use a veggie wrap! From egg wraps to turkey wraps- I mean if you can wrap it then I veggie wrap it! I also love cutting up the bread into cracker sizes and using it as a dip in hummus or any other type of dip. It’s also SO good on it’s own. The flavors in the raw veggie bread come out so vividly in the bread. Trust me when I say it will be hard to not stop eating it. It’s addicting! We also love using it as a patty for hamburgers, the list is endless.
I’ve never eaten so many veggies in my life!
How many times a week do I make it?
I make the raw veggie bread twice a week usually. I make two batches typically each time. It ends up accounting for two recipes I make from Deanna’s eBook. The dehydrator has trays and I end up with 4 trays filled each time I make it. Sometimes 5 trays depending on the recipe. This is split between my husband and two daughters who are 3 1/2 and 17 months. They like eating their raw veggie bread with hummus especially!
Do you buy your produce all at once?
I do! I buy everything on Sunday usually and then will make a batch that day and then another batch on Wednesday night or Thursday. This ensures we always have veggie bread. I’ve learned my veggies are great even after being in the fridge for a couple days. If you’re concerned about your veggies going bad, check out these OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper !
Do you store veggie bread in fridge or on counter?
I store my veggie bread on the counter in a Stasher Reusable Silicone Food Bag usually. If we are going to be gone and not eat it right away I’ll store it in the fridge. But we eat it so quick I never have to worry about it going bad! If you like your veggie bread extra moist, then you may want to stick it in the fridge just to make sure it doesn’t get moldy.
What dehydrator do you use?
Yes, a dehydrator does make the raw veggie bread work. Some people have asked if they can use an oven. You could try but the whole point is to keep all the enzymes intact by using a temp of 115 or lower. Deanna goes over this in her course too. I use the Excalibur dehydrator. There are many different models. But they all look about the same and work great! You can get them off Amazon for a great deal, especially if you get a used one. Typically the used ones aren’t really used but just opened and then returned. A great way for you to save some money!
One thing I wanted to mention too is the kale chip recipes you get in the eBook. I’ve never tasted kale chips that were so good until I had Deanna from @realfoodlab kale chips- SO tasty! We makes these weekly and my daughters love them too.
Deanna answers so many questions in her course too. If you want to take your healthy eating to the next level then get the course and start becoming a raw bread machine! Get the course here!
Frankie & Jo’s
Traveling and want to know the best organic places to eat!? Me too! These haunts are the best of the best in organic dining and I am so excited to share them with you. As buzz words continue to drive business there are more and more restaurants claiming to be “local” “natural” “sustainable” or “organic” but the proof is in the ingredients and sourcing and my standards do not waiver. Choosing only the best of the best to list here. Also, if you have a suggestion please send it along, I am always looking for the next and the best!
Also, I’ve teamed up with my girl Lisa over at This Organic Girl to build out this list. Lisa is a real OG (organic girl) and her standards are as sharp, if not sharper, than mine and she has some must-try organic joints. Check out her list at This Organic Girl which includes Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Las Vegas, New York City, San Fransisco, San Diego and Tampa/Clearwater, Santa Monica and more to come.
This list is live and will be changing as I visit and try more fun organic/clean hot spots! I’ll be sure to post of upcoming trips so you guys can offer your top recommendations.
Root Down(Denver)– They have one of these at the airport and it’s heavenly. Over 50% of their ingredients are sourced locally in Colorado. They use pasture raised meats and that are fed non-gmo feed. They have a 4,000 sq. ft. garden in the middle of the city, where they grow 20% of their seasonal vegetables. They use biodegradable cleaning products and paper products are all made from post-consumer unbleached recycled paper. Their colorado lamb sliders and coconut ginger fizz are worth the trip every time.
True Food Kitchen(Denver)– Another True Food. They cater to every type of foodie. From gluten free, organic, vegan, and vegetarian. They serve a variety of dishes, from bowls, burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches. I love their kale aid and their grass fed steak tacos!
Blooming Beets– Organic and local whenever possible. 100% gluten and grain free. Meats are locally caught, pasture raised or grass fed. No soy, corn, processed sugars or seed oils. Instead they use coconut oil, olive oil and avocado oil. They even have an AIP(auto-immune protocol) menu, veggie menu and vegetarian menu! For an appetizer get their brussel sprouts and bacon wrapped dates.
L.A.(many of these have various locations around the area)
Sidecar Donuts– I don’t have donuts anymore, for many reasons but sometimes I would love to be able to have one…I mean you got to live a little. Sidecar makes it possible because they make gluten free donuts! They offer one flavor daily that’s gluten free. It’s worth every bite. And no there’s nothing organic about them!
True Food Kitchen– They cater to every type of foodie. From gluten free, organic, vegan, and vegetarian. They serve a variety of dishes, from bowls, burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches. I love their kale aid and their grass fed steak tacos!
Cafe Gratitude– Plant based restaurant. Serving organic, local food. They also support environmentally friendly products. The environment is hip and fresh too. I could inhale everything but really love their magical CG / double double and their house made gingerale.
Sage Vegan Bistro– Organic, plant based restaurant. Work with local farmers for the freshest ingredients. Brunch, lunch, and dinner. They also have an assortment of dairy free ice creams. Their potato filled tacos are life giving and their almond butter and banana shake is amazing!
Sunlife Organics– All ingredients are organic, wild-crafted, or grown 100% pesticide free. Their straws and silverware are compostable. They offer smoothies, cold pressed juices, food/sandwiches, smoothie/acai bowls, salads, and organic frozen yogurt(yes ORGANIC)…it’s a haven for pure goodness! Try their organic frozen yogurt of course and get their bliss bowl-you won’t regret it!
Frankie and Jo’s- Ice cream that is vegan, gluten free, soy free and free of any gums or stabilizers. They’re all handmade. Most of the ingredients are certified organic and if they’re not, they use local farms that follow organic practices. They also make all their own nut milks in house with sprouted nuts. Some recipes use organic cane sugar but a lot use maple syrup or dates to sweeten. Did I mention the gluten free waffle cone that’s sweetened with maple syrup? They offer seasonal flavors, plus staples. Tahini Chocolate and Salty Caramel Ash are my jam!
Revolve: True Food Wine Bar– Gluten free, GMO free, soy free, refined sugar free, organic produce, 100% grass fed beef, sustainable wild seafood, organic eggs and organic biodynamic wine. Everything is made fresh daily. They serve brunch, lunch, dinner and smoothies. Get the biscuits and gravy! The biscuits are made with cauliflower.
Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe– Local, 90-97% organic, vegan. Over 90% of their waste is hand sorted, recycled or composted. They’re serious about their food and environmental impact. Get The Famous Lentil Burger and try a smoothie!
Portage Bay Cafe– One of my faves! Local, organic and sustainable. They serve breakfast and lunch. Always so packed. Their Jo’s Scramble and Buckwheat Pancakes are delicious. If you order pancakes, waffles, or french toast you get a trip to their topping bar to eat as much local, organic fruits and homemade whip you can handle!
Sweetgrass Food– Local, mostly organic, vegan and responsibly sourced ingredients. I am a fan of their Melbourne Smoothie and Mira Bars. Their Mira bars are amazing! They have bowls and great salads. I like making my own bowl. Really fun modern space.
Homegrown– Soups, salads, sandwiches. Local, organic and sustainable. They even have their own farm. Their breads are made fresh from a local bakery-yes even their gluten free bread. They have a kid’s menu, seasonal flavors, and also serve breakfast. Their tomato soup is amazing, and so is their chicken pesto sandwich. They’re all about composting too!
Pressed Juicery– A vegan option for a treat! They have freezes (basically frozen yogurt) made with almond milk and sweetened with dates. They also serve cold pressed juices. They aren’t organic.
8oz. Burger– Local, organic and sustainable. They use grass fed beef for their burgers. Juicy and delicious, just the way a burger should be. I love the classic burger but they all are good!
Julep Nail Parlor– This nail parlor is chic and luxe. All their polishes are 5-free. They autoclave all their bowls and implements(medical grade sanitation). They don’t do any acrylic nails. No strong smell. They also use better quality products during their service. All their products are not completely clean however, so I still like to bring my favorites with me.
Chocolate Sun Sunless Tanning Cream is the real deal when it comes to a self tanner that works and is toxic free. Holla! I remember I was giddy the first time I got it in the mail and smelled it. No gross sunless tanning smell, but a warm vanilla chocolate smell. I wanted to douse myself from head to toe…so I did! And boy did it not disappoint. Don’t forget to exfoliate beforehand for a nice even application. Snag your bottle here!
This is the perfect all over body mineral sunscreen. This just contains zinc oxide, offering both UVA and UVB, an SPF of 30+ and is of course non-nano. It doesn’t make you look like a ghost! I love that this is fragrance free as well. It feels more like a lotion, than an oily sunscreen. They also state on their website that they’re safe for the “gluten sensitive.” It also gets two thumbs up from me for it’s large size. Sometimes on vacation I’ll need to bring a couple because the size is so small, but DeVita’s is a large 7 oz. tube! $28 Get your tube here!
After having a baby I was especially picky with what I was putting on her skin. Since babie’s skin can be even more sensitive and absorbent. However, I found a winner with this one! The sunscreen feels like a thick shea butter on the skin. It just contains zinc oxide. Some studies have found titanium dioxide to be a skin irritant in some people. Again, it offers both UVA and UVB and an SPF 30+. It does say it’s water resistant (no sunscreen is “waterproof”) but I still apply often, and is non-nano. The ingredients are so short in this little tube, something I love. I literally can pronounce each one. I feel so good rubbing this on my baby girl and knowing it actually works! $24.99 Grab your baby/child sunscreen here!
This product is amazing. It has a broad spectrum SPF of 30. It’s perfect for in the summer or winter before makeup. It doesn’t leave your skin with a white hue at all. It feels like a nice day time moisturizer going on. What really makes it standout? It acts like a primer for my makeup! It fills in all the lines and helps my makeup literally glide on and stay put. The ingredient list is stellar-aloe vera gel being the first ingredient, say hello to hydration. I really can’t say enough about this product. It is non-nano too. $55 Get your Sun Prep here!
These wipes had me the first time I used them! They come individually wrapped, and are perfect for your purse. They’re made out of bamboo and are infused with their 4-in-1 Face Tonic Formula-genius. I carry them with me always, and use them anytime I need a little freshening up. They get rid of dirt, sweat, and give your skin a quick clean. I used these on vacation nonstop. So great for after working out, long walks, time spent at the pool…you get the picture. Let’s just say I’m hooked! Anyone and everyone needs these. $24 Snag the best face wipe here!
I can’t imagine going to the beach without the Mermaid Mask-it’s like peanut butter and chocolate, they just go together! This green goodness makes me happy every time I put it on. With ingredients like Chlorella, sea buckthorn, spirulina and raw honey, this mask is pure decadence. A lot of masks moisturize after wearing, but you don’t notice a visible difference to the naked eye. Not the case with the Mermaid Mask, you’ll be glowing! It smells so insanely good too. You’ll be tempted to eat it. Also, the price point for this mask is crazy awesome…$32! A serious steal! This mask is great for everyone. Acne skin, pre-mature, congestion, dryness and redness. Perfect post beach, to nourish skin. Oh and P.S. when you buy it you must know that there is this thing called Mermaid Mask Monday on social media where all the mermaids come out and wear their mask-so you best show up! Snag the Mermaid Mask here!
This bottle filled with liquid radiance- I know sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. It comes in two shades. Golden hour- a golden, warm champagne radiance and Happy Hour- a cool pink toned radiance. You apply it really however you want! I love applying mine on my upper cheek bone, bridge of my nose, in the upper middle section of my brows, cupid’s bow, and middle of chin. All the normal places you would use a traditional highlighter. You can even apply it on the inner corners of your eyes to wake them up. You can apply it over your foundation or mix it with your foundation or just where it by itself. I’ve done them all, and love the effect it gives. You literally look like your lit from within. I have both shades and equally love how they both look. As a mom, these have been serious game changers! I look more awake and they last. I can’t wait to mix them in my body oil in the summer for an all over body glow! If you can’t decide which to get, just get both here!
I’ve been searching for a BB cream for a while. I’m not a huge fan of tinted moisturizers. I always want a little more coverage and a BB cream is the perfect alternative. It still offers you some SPF, and isn’t as heavy as a traditional foundation-a happy medium. I tried the color in 20 AGLOW. They offer three colors. I was the middle one. In the above photo when looking straight at it I have the BB cream on my left side and not on my right. As you can see it covers my redness and evens out my skin tone but still looks really natural. It’s not super moisturizing for my dry skin but I prefer that in a BB cream. Then I don’t deal with the mid-day shine look-know what I mean. However, it offers some great radiance and glow with it. It has tiny light reflective pigments in it. I always applied a moisturizer before I applied the BB cream and it went on great. I imagine it would be even better in the summer months when humidity is high and you want something that isn’t heavy but doesn’t add extra shine to your skin. I love how natural it looks on the skin too, yet covers what I want it to cover. Definitely recommend for those looking for a BB cream that offers great coverage, and a little glow. Plus, it has SPF 15 in it and is vegan! A great option too for those who like a less is more approach to makeup. Check it out here!
I’m obsessed with these Multi-Use Blush Sticks! I use them on my cheeks, and my lips-theyre so versatile. They glide on so smoothly and give my skin the dewiness I’m craving for a spring getaway. Plus, they last! Not to mention the colors are so vivid and instantly perk my skin up. The two in one stick to throw in your beach bag or purse. Snag your’s here!
This product can be paired with any other makeup you have. It brings to life any lip, shadow or blush that you might want to add a little radiance to. The rose gold toned color gives off the most beautiful hue. I mix mine with my bronzer, highlighter, shadows and lipsticks-the options are endless! Another two in one product…or I should say five in one! Grab your Master Mixer here!
Say hello to your new favorite nail color! This nail polish screams take me to the beach, something we all need a little of by the time spring break comes. A bright hot red with a hint of orange to it. My toes and hands will be donning this. The color actually makes my skin look tan-hello! I’ve always loved Treat’s formula. You can apply them and they last. Get your Summer Time polish here!
Can I just say I’ve never seen a more beautiful razor! It’s heavy feeling and luxurious. The OUI Neroli Shave Oil-a truly luxe product in itself. OUI has a full tutorial video on their website on how to use the razor properly. A lot of women are used to having to press hard with conventional razors, but that’s not the case with OUI. Since the razor is so weighted it does the work for you. Just glide it over the area. And just like that your legs are smooth, soft, and razor burn free. My legs have never felt softer-ask my hubs! Did I mention the smell of the OUI Neroli Shave Oil? Well, it’s amazing. Get your best shave here!
These bars are one of my very favorites! They are a protein bar and great for grabbing when you need something substantial quick. They literally only have 6-8 real food ingredients per bar. They are dairy, soy, and gluten free. They also are considered paleo friendly and Whole30 approved. I love the texture of these bars. They are chewy and satisfying. Plus 12 grams of protein per bar! My favorite flavor hands down is Maple Sea Salt- try it and thank me later. I also like the Mint Chocolate flavor. You can find these at Trader Joe’s(Usually just a couple flavors) and other health food stores. They often have sales or different promotions, so follow them on social media. Check out RXBAR!
I discovered these bars not too long ago and instantly became hooked! I mean they’re so good! My first thought when eating one was how it reminded me of no bake cookies-yes you heard me! The chocolate coconut one specifically. They also have an almond blueberry flavor, apple cinnamon, and chocolate peanut butter. Made with only 7 ingredients, these bars are organic, gluten free, non-gmo, vegan and free of refined sugar. These have oats in them, but are still gluten free. Plus, I love that they’re just sweetened with dates. My daughter loves them too! These are more of a snack bar in my opinion since the protein isn’t super high. A great pick for kid’s lunch boxes or after school snack. To make them even more protein dense I like adding a little nut butter on top! Skout Backcountry has been so kind to offer 25% off using code: GONEGREEN. Shop here on their website!
I’m a huge fan of the Crunchy Caramel Bar and the Almond Sea Salt. As well as the Caramel Sea Salt Cups and Mint Cream Cups. Oh and if you’re really into chocolate spreads then check out their Toasted Coconut Chocolate Spread-it might change your life! Plus, all their chocolate is paleo, vegan, refined sugar free, soy free, gluten free and dairy free…doesn’t get better than that. Don’t leave for spring break without some healthy treats! Get your chocolate here and use code: suzistmt for 10% off .
Of course if you’re at the beach or just traveling in general you need a cute bag! My friend Laura from Laura’s Natural Life opened up the cutest shop last year with tanks, bags and cute wall art. I snagged up one of her Drinks Market Bags and love it! Besides using it for grocery store runs, the gym, etc., I also can’t wait to use this at the beach! On the bag it says lemon water, kombucha, green juice, acai bowl, and repeat- how fun?! If you’ve been looking for a bag to literally take everywhere with you-then look no further. Shop LNL here!
What are you taking with you for spring break? See any faves?
So I recorded a podcast back in June with Dr. Matt all about protein powder and it was a huge hit! You can listen to it here. A lot of people have since asked if the information from the podcast could be put into a blog post written form. So here it is! These are all the takeaways from the podcast. Dr. Matt shared so many nuggets!
Why Take Protein:
- Athletes-easy to get some quick protein that doesn’t feel heavy/helps build muscle
- Busy Life/Anyone on the go
What you do NOT want to find in a protein: (basically any word that looks sketchy-question!)
- Sucralose-synthetic sweetener
- Aspartame-synthetic sweetener
- Polysorbate 80
- Polyethylene Glycol(basically myralax which is a laxative)
- Any Isolate-(Whey Protein Isolate, Soy Protein Isolate, etc…) causes gas, bloating, diarrhea, increases allergies. Wreaks havoc on gut flora. Very easy to store because it’s been processed so much.
- Sodium caseinate
- Hydrogenated anything
- Soy Lecithin
What to look for in a protein:
- Grass-fed/Grass-finished if it’s an animal protein
- Little ingredient list as possible
- Whey Protein Concentrate
Heavy Metals in Plant Based Proteins:
- Can’t tell the heavy metal content by looking at the label
- Pea, Rice, Hemp are all plant based proteins
- Get 3rd party testing from the manufacturer(call/e-mail them and ask for the papers with the lab testing done and make sure there is a signature so you can go back to them and say this person signed off)
- If they didn’t have testing done-then move on, not a good protein
- Just because your protein was tested doesn’t mean it’s good though-make sure you see what the heavy metal levels are
- The reason there is heavy metals in plant based proteins is because whatever is in the soil it soaks up. So if the soil contains a lot of heavy metals then the plant is soaking that up. If you take pea protein for instance you essentially are eating 100’s of peas each time you’re taking your pea protein, so you want to make sure the the quality of the peas is good. Overtime that could add up to a lot of heavy metals if not careful.
What if a protein is cheaper:
- Proteins are often cheaper because they skimp on quality ingredients and sourcing
Can I find a clean protein at Whole Foods or other health food stores:
- It can still be hard to find a clean protein at your local health store or Whole Foods
- Best thing to do is e-mail/call them and ask questions
Why should I drink protein 30-40 minutes after a workout:
- Want cortisol to come down after workout
- Helps to spike hormones in a good way after workout
- Build muscle
- 15 grams of protein is great after workout
Why you don’t want to blend a whey protein too much:
- Whey collects air and the more powerful your blender the more air is collected
- The air can cause you to feel bloated, have gas, and make you feel like the protein is just sitting in your stomach
- Just add the protein in after you’ve blended all the ingredients
- If you still feel bloated, gassy or like a ball is sitting in your stomach you may just have a bad protein
What protein is best:
- Goat Whey Protein
- Whey Protein Concentrate(best sources are going to be from New Zealand, Australia, or Germany-although really expensive)
- Vegeterian- Pea Protein(however plant based proteins don’t contain all the amino acids)
- If you add some rice and pea protein together you will get more of a complete protein since they both are missing certain amino acids
*Collagen is really popular now and is great for hair, skin, nails and joints. But it doesn’t build muscle tissue or immunity.
I personally take goat whey protein. A lot of people haven’t heard of goat whey, but it’s really an amazing protein source.
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us.
The goat whey protein I take is called Activ Whey. There are many reasons why I like it!
- It is really light and doesn’t ever make me feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
That sums up the protein podcast. What protein powder do you take?