I’ve got the lowdown on all my natural summer makeup looks! From my favorite bronzers, bright lipsticks, and blushes that pop. Each season makeup changes depending on the weather and summer is no different.
So I created 3 different makeup looks for you. Depending on what you like to wear and how you like to wear your makeup. From minimal, fresh faced and dolled up, I’ve got something for everyone.
Minimal- This look is for the gal who likes to keep things simple with their makeup in the summer. Low maintenance is top priority. This is a great look for someone who prefers to not wear a ton of makeup or maybe they do like to wear more makeup but in the summer they like to keep it minimal. Especially great for pool days, when you want to feel pulled together but don’t want everything sliding off at the pool!
- Suntegrity BB Cream- I’m a huge fan of this BB cream. It brings an overall pulled together look to my skin but doesn’t feel heavy. It offers an SPF of 30- using physical blockers, no chemical blockers. It is a little heavier than just a tinted moisturizer but I like that because then it doesn’t feel as greasy.
- Vapour Multi-Use Stick- These are perfect for summer when you want a less is more approach to your makeup routine. You can use these as a cream blush, and lip product. So easy to carry in your beach bag or travel bag. Makes doing your makeup that much easier!
- Lily Lolo Bronzer in Miami Beach- This bronzer is one of my faves! It is so forgiving and easy to use. If you aren’t used to putting on bronzer then snag this one up. It isn’t orangey at all and honestly fail proof. I apply this wherever the sun would naturally hit. Right below hairline, sides of nose, right below cheekbones, and blended down my neck.
- 100% Pure Water resistant mascara– There is no true waterproof mascara in green beauty- if you find one they are probably using some chemicals in it. However, 100% Pure offers a water resistant one that I love. It gives great length and deportation. Not tons of volume but I’m ok with that since this is a minimal look.
- Kjaer Weis Lip Gloss- Nothing says summer than a shiny gloss! This one doesn’t feel goopy at all. It glides on and leaves great color pigment along with a nice sheen.
Fresh Faced- This look is for the gal that likes to add a little more oomph to her summer makeup look. Maybe she’s grabbing lunch with friends but doesn’t want to look overdone like she’s going out but just put together. Also, great look if you are on vacation and going from pool minimal look to grabbing dinner later on in the day.
- ZuZu Luxe Oil Free Liquid Foundation- This foundation is perfect summer weather! It is oil free and isn’t going to clog your pores. I love how it gives light to medium coverage depending on how you apply. Great for those who like a little more coverage than a bb cream but don’t want the oiliness from a lot of liquid foundations.
- Juice Beauty Last Looks Cream Blush– Love a good cream blush. They make my skin look dewy and fresh, yet they still look completely natural. What makes a cream blush great is that it fades easier than a powdered blush. Sometimes that might not be good but for a minimal look it’s nice because you don’t have to worry about it sliding down your face. It just fades naturally- which ends up looking like you meant for it too.
- Vapour Bronzer Stick- I love using a bronzer stick to really contour my face, plus achieve some bronze color. It takes a little more time but the effort is totally worth it! I apply this where the sun would hit my face. Right below hairline, sides of nose, right below cheekbones, and blended down my neck.
- Maya Chia Highlight of the Day- It’s no secret I love this highlighter! They came out with a new color and it’s just in time for summer. It’s called Afternoon Delight- a perfect peachy/pink hue. I can’t stop wearing it! It gives my skin a lit from within glow.
- Honest Beauty Truly Lush Mascara– This mascara has quickly become one of my very favorites. It gives my lashes separation, volume, thickness in just a couple swipes. Can’t recommend it enough! Perfect for when you want your eyes to pop!
- Kosas Lipstick- If you’ve been following me a hot minute you know I haven’t been able to put these lipsticks down lately. Especially great for summer when you want to pull look together quickly- just swipe on a bold lip and you’re good to go! Kosas lipsticks are so velvety and stay put. I’m partial to Royal and Thrillest for a bold summer look!
Dolled Up- This look is for the gal that still likes to wear some decent makeup in summer and doesn’t want to skimp. However, she doesn’t want to look overdone. It’s the perfect look in achieving a made up look for summer without going too far. Plus, just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t wear some eyeliner and eyeshadow!
- Hynt Beauty Sun Prep- Love this facial sunscreen! It offers an SPF of 25 and acts like a primer for the skin. Your foundation literally glides on after application. No white hue residue either!
- ILIA Skin Serum Foundation- This liquid foundation gives medium coverage and yet doesn’t feel like a mask. I also love that my skin doesn’t get a greasy t-zone in the afternoon after using. I wear the color Texel SF3.
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush- This blush has been on repeat in my makeup routine for a while. It gives such a pop of color and the consistency is so creamy and easy to apply. I’m partial to Happy and Blossoming.
- Lily Lolo Pressed Blush- I love to have a powdered blush on hand since summer months can be warm and makeup can fade quicker in heat. I apply this on top of my cream blush to help set it for the day. My blush always last throughout the day!
- Crunchi Bronzer- This bronzer is a loose bronzer and really gives such a great color pigment. I tap some of the product off into the cap and then swirl my brush in it and then tap excess off before applying. It even has the slightest shimmer in it which I love!
- Vapour Halo Illuminator- This illuminator comes in stick form and gives your skin a serious glow. It’s easy to apply and goes with literally every skin tone.
- Lily Lolo Mascara- This is another fave mascara in green beauty. It gives your lashes the volume and drama we all crave. Especially great for the girl who likes to get all dolled up!
- Clove and Hollow Lip Velvets- This babies don’t budge! Literally can put it on in the morning and it’s still there by night. They have some seriously fun colors too! I’ve been loving the color in Road Trip!
What’s your favorite summer look?
It’s here, the Art of Organics July Discovery: Illuminate! I’m beyond excited for this box!! Sometimes you just get a beauty box and it checks all the boxes- this one did just that. We are seeing Leahlani’s Aloha Ambrosia Morning Moisture Elixir in this box, plus Au Naturale’s Powder Highlighter. I’ve loved getting to sample these two products!
If you aren’t familiar with Art of Organics and this green beauty box, then keep reading as I explain why this box is one to get a hold of. Their belief is really simple-You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your health for beauty. I couldn’t agree more! Their goal is to bring people the cleanest, best, and most luxurious products. Claire the founder, has always been a beauty junkie and on the quest to purge her own makeup bag, she realized she wanted to share her journey with others and raise awareness. I noticed instantly after opening the box, the attention to detail. They name their boxes each month as well as follow a theme. The card inside describes the products in the box so well and gave directions for application. The box is $38, with a value of $70+ and features each month 2-4 full size products. They have high standards for their product selection, such as being cruelty free, organic and non-toxic. They have more specifics on the ingredients they don’t use here on their website.
Ok, on to the review…
Leahlani Aloha Ambrosia Morning Moisture Elixir-
I’m a huge fan of Leahlani’s products. I had a feeling this was going to be a good one the minute I tested it on my hand. Then as I inhaled the warming Hawaiian scent. It took me away to Kaui where Leahlani’s creations are made by hand with some serious love. This is meant to be a morning elixir before you apply your makeup, sunscreen or any oil/lotion. It really enhances your skin- whatever way you use it. Made with a balance of squalene oil, mangosteen, goji berry, guava and passionfruit oils. I love how Leahlani describes the scent, “She smells of jasmine flowers and tropical rain showers.” I couldn’t have said it better. It leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated- not greasy. I applied it before my makeup and loved the way it made my skin feel. It smoothed cracks and made everything appear brighter. I would apply it to slightly damp skin after misting it with a toner. It really hydrates, primes your skin and gives you an all over glow. I’m hooked! Another Leahlani win in my book! If you haven’t used any Leahlani products, be sure to checkout my review on her line here. Her products are some of the very best in green beauty and really do perform. The product I would recommend you start with is her Mermaid Mask- you’ll be in love after one use!
Au Naturale Powder Highlighter-
So fun to see a makeup product in the box this month- nice change of pace! I’ve used a handful of Au Naturale products, but not their powdered highlighter. This is perfect for summer weather! Especially when it can get hot and humid quick. This won’t be sliding off the skin. The color is in Begonia- a pretty pearlized hue with a touch of peachy pink tones in it. I loved applying this on my upper cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupid’s bow, middle of eyebrows, and middle of chin. It looks so natural and gives me a glow without it looking like I’m trying…you know what I mean! It comes in a handy pump bottle- great for applying on your brush and then applying to the skin. I’ll be wearing this all summer!
I would hop on this month’s box soon if you’re thinking about snagging one. If you haven’t signed up for Art of Organics box you can sign up here! Don’t miss out on this fabulous green beauty box! Not only do you get quality products each month but for a steal. You pay $39 each month and get access to some stellar products. You can sign up for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months! At 6 and 12 months you start saving. Also, each month a theme is chosen around the box.
Have you used any of these products?
I’ve got some spring makeup looks on the blog today! Aillea Beauty- an online green beauty retailer sent me some green beauty loot. Some of the products are new to green beauty and I’ve been on the edge of my seat to share them with you! After all, what’s spring without some pops of pink?
I’m sharing some different spring makeup looks I’ve created using the products. It was so fun seeing all the warmer colors and blush pinks- I’m already craving summer! It may not be spring yet where you’re at but you can certainly pretend that it is with some fun spring makeup.
Here are the new products I’m loving:
Kjaer Weis Lip Gloss-
This is a new release from Kjaer Weis and I can’t get enough! I know how odd this may sound but I love how heavy the packaging is. I’m always a sucker for pretty packaging and Kjaer Weis never disappoints. The gloss is so nourishing, with rosehip, castor and sunflower seed oil- this gloss packs a punch. You get a semi-sheer color, hydration and a subtle sheen- I mean what more do you want? I love applying these by themselves for a subtle look or layering them over a lipstick for a higher impact look. It’s not sticky or goopy like some glosses. I got the color Affinity- a blush pink that I can’t get enough of. What’s great about the glosses? Once you buy one, you can just by a refill after. Not only do you save money but help the environment too. Snag a Kjaer Weis Lip Gloss here!
Lily Lolo Pressed Bronzer in Miami Beach-
This bronzer is so great for many reasons! First it’s a pressed powder- which I love. Say goodbye to bronzer getting everywhere, a pressed bronzer allows for easy application and no fuss. I also love that it comes in 3 different shades depending on how dark you want to be. The color isn’t so opaque either like some bronzers but more translucent. I know that might sound weird but some bronzers are so pigmented you end up looking like an ommpa loompa instead of looking sun kissed. This makes it easy to use because you don’t have to fear being too heavy handed with it. I apply this where the sun would naturally hit my face. My skin instantly looks perkier, and more alive. If you don’t wear a bronzer I suggest you start- game changer! Get your Lily Lolo Bronzer here!
ILIA Pressed Eyeshadow Palette in Prima-
Talk about the perfect spring eyeshadow palette? This is it! All the pretty blush pinks, and plums to welcome spring into your makeup look. I love that the eyeshadows come in a compact, with a cute little mirror. So easy to bring when traveling too- love having all my shadows in one place. I also love that their pressed and not loose- can you see a trend here? I always opt for pressed over loose- so much less mess, can I get a witness? The formula is creamy and smooth even though they’re a powder. They go on so nicely and the staying power is great. I get all day wear out of them! Get the ILIA Pressed Eyeshadow Palette here!
Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in the color Happy-
Ok, in all honesty I’ve wanted this blush color for a good 2 years- no joke! The color is so pretty and just a show stopper in my opinion. It screams spring with it’s poppy pink color. Kjaer Weis said they named the color happy because anyone who sees the color just smiles. I mean I can’t blame them! I love that it comes in a cream formula too. It goes on so smooth and livens up the whole face. Instead of getting a matte look that a powdered blush gives, it instead gives you a dewy look. Who doesn’t need that after a long winter? Sign me up! Bonus: you can even wear this on your lips too- that’s a 2 for 1 I’ll take! Snag your Kjaer Weis Blush here!
Kosas Lipstick in the color Rosewater-
This is my first time trying Kosas lipstick and let’s just say it won’t be the last! The formula is one of the best I’ve used in green beauty. It glides on, yet doesn’t feel too slick that it’s going to bleed. The true test of a good lipstick in my opinion. The formula dries matte but isn’t drying. The packaging is so chic. With a sleek black case, the top easily clicks right on top because it’s magnetic- genius. It has a subtle vanilla scent but nothing overpowering. I got the color Rosewater, a fairytale pink as Kosas describes it. A really pretty dusky pink color that literally goes with anything. These lipsticks are made by hand and have a buildable finish. Trust me when I say you will get hooked- you’ve been warned! Snag your Kosas lipstick here!
ILIA True Skin Serum Foundation-
This foundation is special. A new release from ILIA, it’s been the foundation I’ve been reaching for. It really lives up to it’s name. More of a serum that your skin soaks up. A creamy texture but not heavy. If offers medium coverage but doesn’t look like a mask. I apply it and then add a little concealer to areas I want a bit more coverage. But overall it’s a really nice coverage. Definitely a good foundation for spring and summer. It wears nice too, after the whole day my face still looked fresh and not worn down. I really dig it! ILIA nailed it. Grab your ILIA True Skin Serum Foundation here!
Aila Nail Polish in the color Wheez-
I wore this color on Easter and let’s just say it’s the perfect Easter pink! I felt so festive. It has spring written all over it. A bubble gum pink that never goes out of style. I’m going to be wearing this on my toes next! If you haven’t tried Aila nail polishes get on it- my favorite. They go on smoothly, have vibrant colors and their top coat Better Than Gel is one of the best! Read my full review on them here. Snag your Aila nail polish here!
Vapour Beauty Siren Lipstick in Possess-
Ohh this color is so good! It’s a neutral pink. An easy to wear lip color. I find myself throwing it in my purse for an easy to apply color that I don’t have to think twice about because it goes with anything. It feels silky on the skin and nourishing with organic botanical extracts. This pretty pink is an essential for spring! Grab your Vapour Beauty Lipstick in Possess here!
Here are some of the looks I created using the products I mentioned above, plus a few other faves! The other products I used aren’t new to me but definite faves as I mentioned. Here they are below-
*In this photo I’m wearing the ILIA foundation in the color SF3, Hynt Beauty Brow Cream in the color espresso, Inika Long Lash mascara, ILIA Prima eyeshadow palette in the color Jasper under the brows, and in the crease Moka, then my upper lid is lined Rosa Tea. Also, wearing the Lily Lolo Bronzer in Miami Beach, Maya Chia Highlight of the Day in After Hours and Kjaer Weis Cream blush in the color Happy. I finished the look with Kosas Lipstick in Rosewater.
*In this photo I’m wearing the ILIA foundation in the color SF3, Hynt Beauty Brow Cream in the color espresso, Inika Long Lash mascara, ILIA Prima eyeshadow palette in the color Jasper under the brows, and in the crease Moka and Moonstone, then my upper and lower lid is lined with Rosa Tea. Also, wearing the Lily Lolo Bronzer in Miami Beach, Maya Chia Highlight of the Day in After Hours and Kjaer Weis Cream blush in the color Happy. I finished the look with Kosas Lipstick in Rosewater and a swipe of Kjaer Weis Lipgloss in Affinity.
*In this photo I’m wearing the ILIA foundation in the color SF3, Hynt Beauty Brow Cream in the color espresso, Inika Long Lash mascara, ILIA Prima eyeshadow palette in the color Jasper under the brows, and in the crease Moka and Moonstone, then my upper lid is lined with Rosa Tea. Also, wearing the Lily Lolo Bronzer in Miami Beach, Maya Chia Highlight of the Day in After Hours and Kjaer Weis Cream blush in the color Happy. I finished the look with Kjaer Weis Lipgloss in Affinity.
*In the photo below I’m wearing the nail polish color Wheez by Aila Beauty.
A lot of you have asked for a post of the best natural red lipsticks! I thought what better time to post it then in February- LOVE month! I’ve got photos of me wearing all my favorite natural red lipsticks below. Plus, I’m dishing on formula, longevity and all my tips for getting the perfect pout. Let’s just say you’ll be a red lipstick pro by the time you’re finished reading this post!
Tips for application-
- Always moisture your lips with a lip balm first. I love Vapour Organic’s Lip Balm. Who wants their lips to look cracked and dry when they have lipstick on top?!
- Even out your lips with a lip primer. I like Gabriel Lip Primer. This is a must! No one wants to compete with their natural lip color. This ensures your lips start out neutral before you apply any lipstick and the true color of the lipstick stands out.
- Wear a lip liner. I really love RMS Beauty lip liners or ZuZu Luxe lip liners. I always opt for a neutral color that matches the lips or a color that matches the lipstick. This helps to outline your lips beforehand so you know exactly wear to apply the lipstick. You can also make your lips more even or bigger if you want too. Plus, it helps the formula last longer.
- Always make sure your skin is polished and the redness diminished. If you have rosacea or redness like I do you’ll want to balance out your skin to bring it back to neutral. Too much redness with red lips is only going to emphasize more redness in your face and before long you may end up looking like you have a sunburn- ain’t no one got time for that! Do yourself a favor and use a concealer like W3ll People, RMS Beauty or Hynt Beauty to counter balance the redness.
- Use a lip brush. Lipsticks can be hard to apply sometimes. To make application a breeze I recommend getting a lip brush. Just swipe the lipstick with the lip brush and then you are able to get such a precise application. I like using W3ll People Deluxe Lip Brush Lip Brush or RMS Beauty Brightening Brush(technically not a lip brush but works so well).
- Once you’ve applied the lipsticks blot once with a piece of paper. People often say use a tissue but tissue pieces often get stuck on the lips. Paper doesn’t have that issue. This helps to set your lipstick and get a deeper pigment. Then lightly apply one more swipe of color right in the center of the lips and slightly blend out.
How to pick the right red for your skin tone-
- Red Heads- Use more brick toned reds, with orange undertones. Also, some corals are flattering on red heads.
- Fair Skin with Cool Undertones- Hues with more raspberry undertones warm up a fair skin with cool undertones.
- Light to Medium Skin- Use reds with more of a pinkish hue in them.
- Golden/Olive Skin- Deep rich reds add warmth and compliment golden skin.
- Medium Skin with olive/yellow undertones- You can rock orangey reds.
- Medium Skin with Golden Undertones- A true red is perfect on this skin tone. Make sure it doesn’t have blue undertones but orange.
- Medium Skin with Neutral Undertones- A true red works that doesn’t have too much orange or blue but meets in the middle.
- Tan with Warm Undertones- Orange Based Red.
- Dark with Warm Undertones- A blue based red compliments dark skin with warmth.
- Dark with Cool Undertones- Ruby red lipstick that’s a touch glossy to bring out lips. Also, wine reds or deep berry hues with a hint of moisture.
*There are some red lipsticks that have a bit of artificial dye in them. The amount is so small, however, I want you to be aware. I typically avoid artificial dyes, but I’m ok with it in a lipstick that I don’t wear that often. I labeled the brands below that do have a little dye so you know.
Gabriel Lip Primer-
RMS Beauty Lip Liner in Dressed Up Red- This does have artificial pigment.
RMS Beauty Lipstick in Russian Roulette- A deep berry red. Feels like a traditional lipstick. Has a satin to matte finish. This does have artificial pigment.
RMS Beauty Lipstick in Rebound- A ruby red. Feels like a traditional lipstick. Has a satin to matte finish. This does have artificial pigment.
FitGlow Beauty Lipstick in Love- More of a cherry red. Very hydrating and conditioning. Feels light on the lips.
Mahalo Red My Lips- statement red, matte lip color. It feels light on the lips and moisturizing.
Root Pretty Lipstick in Jenny- A deep wine berry color, gluten free and vegan. Very moisturizing formula, with a touch of shine.
Root Pretty Lipstick in Famous- Brownish red tint- a show stopping red. Gluten free and vegan. Very Moisturizing formula with a touch of shine.
Hynt Beauty Lipstick in Red Fervor- A sexy classic bold red with blue undertones. Hydrating formula. This does have a little artificial pigment.
Kjaer Weis Lipstick in KW Red- A classic red that looks good on all skin tones. It isn’t super hydrating, but more weighty in texture. Feels like a traditional lipstick.
Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Courage- Classic cherry red. Feels more like a lip balm but not as hydrating. It’s not as thick feeling as some lipsticks.
What’s your favorite red lip?! Leave me a comment!