Sharing a full makeup video tutorial using all Clove + Hallow products, plus how I use their skincare products as well! Not only is this a clean beauty brand, but it is affordable as well.
*Clove + Hallow sponsored this video but thoughts and opinions are my own.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
Products Mentioned In Video:
Conceal + Correct
Blurflex Priming Serum
Cheeky Cream Color in Ransom
Bronzed Up Cream Color in Beachy Keen
Glow Skin Cream Color In Ripple
Sunrise Pressed Pigment Eyeshadow Palette
Line and Define Liquid Liner
Shade + Blend Dual Sided Brush
Lucious Lip Color In Fizz
If you enjoyed this video, check out past videos:
Sharing a full Beautycounter review with you in today's video! While I am a Beautycounter Consultant, I don't love every Beautycounter product. I get to try it all as a clean beauty blogger and I'm here to report on the very best that Beautycounter has to offer and I am sharing which products I don't love.
Products mentioned in the video:
Skin Twin Foundation
Skin Twin Concealer
Eye Makeup Remover
All Bright C Serum
Sheer Genius Conditioning Lipstick
Glow First Priming Serum
Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion
Counterstart Cocoboost Moisturizer
Counterstart Cococream Cleanser
Countersun Daily Sheer Defense For Face SPF 25
Makeup Remover Wipes
The Better Blender
Countersun Tinted Mineral Sunscreen
If you liked this post, be sure to check out past posts:
Anyone else wondering how to hydrate skin? Winter is officially here! I've had so many questions on how to hydrate the skin lately that I thought I would do a dedicated post on the subject. After all, as the seasons change, so should your skincare. When it's cold and dry your skin needs different things then when it's hot and humid. So if your skin's been freaking out the past few weeks- keep reading! It's time to address some of the common skin issues when winter strikes!
How To Hydrate Skin-
I list the products in order that they should be applied to the skin. If you want a more in depth read on what products do for the skin, and when to apply them head to my How To Create A Natural Skincare Routine Post here!
It's no secret that the air becomes drier when winter comes and you can wonder how to hydrate skin properly when it comes to a cleanser. The air no longer holds as much moisture like it does in the warm months. When the air is drier, skin also can get drier. Unfortunately, this can lead to skin cracking, redness and an overall heightened sense of sensitivity. When your skin loses it's moisture barrier, it can easily get infamed. Not a recipe for skin success!
How to combat moisture loss?
I'm going to get to creams and oils, but it's also important to really think about what you're using to cleanse your skin. Are you cleansing your skin with a harsh cleanser that is going to strip your skin and leave it feeling drier? Swap out your spring or summer cleanser for a oil based or cream cleanser. This will nourish your skin from the very beginning of your routine, keeping your skin balanced from the start.
Some of my favorite cleansers for dry skin!
Here are some of my favorite natural winter skincare cleansers-
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm- If you're not familiar with a cleansing balm allow me to explain. A cleansing balm feels just like the name suggests- a balm. It's thick and you only need a small amount applied to dry skin to get all the makeup, and grime off from the day. Once you're done rubbing in circular motions with it, then you take a warm washcloth and use it to remove it all. The beauty of a cleansing balm is your skin doesn't feel dried out at all afterwards. It feels balanced, and so hydrated! Grab it here!
- OSEA Ocean Cleanser- This is one of my favorite cleansers in clean beauty. It isn't drying but not overly hydrating either. A good balance for sure. If you tend to have oily skin, or live in a pretty mild climate during the winter this would be a great cleanser. I first get my skin damp, then apply this cleanser all over my skin. Grab it here!
- Mahalo Unveil Cleanser- This is another cleanser that is similar to a cleansing balm. However, I do get my skin damp first before applying this. It emulsifies a little(gets sudsy) when you apply to skin with water. It feels so good on the skin!! It removes all the makeup, and grime easily too. My skin feels balanced and nourished. Grab it here!
- Christina Moss Organic Facial Wash- This facial wash is both affordable and effective! It is great for the most sensitive skin types. It doesn't leave your skin dry and yet removes your makeup and grime. I apply to wet skin and rub in circular motions and then rinse off. Grab it here!
- Beautycounter Countertime Cleansing Oil- This cleanser feels amazing! It's my favorite everyday cleanser. I've gone through several bottles and keep going back for more. It is an oil but when you apply just the tiniest amount of water after rubbing all over the skin it emulsifies and you get the creamy/milky consistency. It removes all my makeup effortlessly. Can't recommend it enough! Get it here!
- Beautycounter Counterstart Cococream Cleanser- This cleanser is both affordable, and effective! You can't beat the price of $20. It is a creamy cleanser, so it feels more like a light lotion on the skin. I love how it removed all my makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped. Get it here!
So now that you know what cleansers to use when it comes to how to hydrate skin, let's talk about exfoliants.
The best natural exfoliants for dry skin.
How to hydrate skin while using an exfoliant? I know people often wonder if it's possible since skin during the winter months skin is more sensitive and vulnerable. My rule of thumb is it's best to steer clear of the manual exfoliants if you have really sensitive skin. Some people might do fine with them depending on their skin type but overall physical exfoliants can be too harsh.
It's best to stick with chemical or enzyme exfoliants. Enzyme exfoliants are similar to chemical exfoliation but much gentler. It breaks down the glue that holds together dead skin. They use active ingredients like papain, papaya and pineapple to slough off the dead skin. Enzyme exfoliation is great for someone with sensitive skin. There’s no actual manual exfoliant involved. Another type is chemical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation is stronger than enzyme exfoliation. It uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids(AHA’s) or Beta Hydroxy Acids(BHA’s). AHA’s are not as strong as BHA’s. A lot of peels are considered chemical exfoliants. Chemical exfoliants are great for those with oily skin and acne.
Here are some of my favorite natural winter skincare exfoliants-
- Leahlani Honey Love- This is a gentle exfoliant using enzymes to help slough off dead skin cells. It is healing, brightening and exfoliating all at the same time. Especially great for those with combination or acne prone skin. I apply this to damp clean skin and rub in circular motions. Then I let it sit on my skin for 3-5 minutes. Grab it here!
- Laurel Honey Berry Enzyme Mask- This is also an enzyme exfoliator that gently lifts away dead skin. It smells so good! A mixture of honey, berries and grapefruit. I apply this to damp skin, rub in circular motions and then let it sit on skin for 5-30 minutes. Grab it here!
- Pai Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator- I discovered this exfoliator last year and since have been using it. It really helps to brighten skin gently using jojoba beads. The jojoba beads aren't harsh but gentle. They glide over the skin easily, not disrupting skin's natural moisture balance. I apply this to clean damp skin and rub in circular motions. Especially great for sensitive skin types. Grab it here!
- Ursa Major Bright and Easy 3-Minute Flash Mask- This mask gets you glowing in 3 minutes flat- just like the name suggests. It’s perfect for the most sensitive skin types. Worried your skin might react to a harsh exfoliant? This may be the one for you. Using enzymes to dissolve dead skin cells, this mask does it all in 3 minutes! It looks like a gel and feels light and refreshing on the skin. If you’re perpetually running late, this may be the mask for you! I put it on before I brush my teeth and rinse off once I’m done. The perfect amount of time to get a quick glow for the rest of the day. Grab it here!
- Odacite Bioactive Rose Gommage- This is a newer discovery of mine and I'm loving it! Gommage is a french term that means professional-type exfoliation method. It helps to resurface your skin gently. Although it helps to resurface the skin it does it gently. Your skin feels smooth and not over exfoliated. You can either use this as a Gommage and peel it off your skin after it has set for a few minutes or a mask. You can even use it under the eyes as an eye mask! Get it here!
Ok, now that we've got cleansers and exfoliants down, let's talk about oils and creams.
The best natural skincare oils for dry skin.
Oils are definitely the rage, but for good reason! An oil consists of essential fatty acids that help to bring moisture to the skin. They also help to repair the outer layer of the skin so you don't lose more moisture. Our bodies don’t produce EFA’s on their own so we need to supplement them internally and externally. I like taking a fish oil daily for some good omega 3’s. Oils also can contain a mix of essential oils that help to balance the skin and provide therapeutic properties. Oil’s work perfectly with our skin’s cutaneous and get to the center of the epidermis. Many people with oily skin think they should avoid oils- when really the opposite is true. Using oils helps bring balance to the skin and doesn’t clog pores(if you choose the right ones) like other moisturizers that contain emulsifiers, waxes, etc. Having an oil in your skincare arsenal is a good idea when it comes to how to hydrate skin in the winter.
Here are some of my favorite natural winter skincare oils-
- Supercritical Pure Chia Oil- (dry skin, sensitive) This oil is made for even the driest skin types. Literally hydrating the most parched skin. It also has ingredients that plump up the skin and minimize fine lines. This is an all around super hydrator. I use it in the morning before my makeup or after a serum at night when I need some extra moisture. Your skin will feel like silk! Get one for yourself here!
- Osmia Organic's Nectar Vital Rose Drops-The name is so appropriate for it, it truly feels like nectar on your skin, a rich luxe oil. Some oils feel thinner but this one feels fatty-haha are you still with me?! Let’s just say I love the feel of it. And the smell, amazing! Subtle rose, sandalwood and jasmine envelope you. I applied this at night and in the morning. At night I applied it after the toner and my skin just drank it up. In the morning my skin felt silky smooth and hydrated. It was as if it had a big drink of water at night and was infused with oxygen. Seriously, it’s SO good! You only need a few drops too. Having dry skin once the weather starts to turn I like adding a heavier moisturizer/oil in the morning. This was just the ticket. I allowed my skin to soak it up for 5 minutes before applying my makeup. You guys will love this, trust me! With only 8 ingredients, this 99.6% organic nectar is seriously so lovely. Grab it here!
- Holi(oil) Youth Serum- This frosted bottle contains a rich oil that smells like roses. Not only does it help smooth skin and wrinkles but it also is extremely hydrating. It doesn’t feel greasy at all and seeps into your skin, giving your face a radiance. My skin looked restored. I used this after several sleepless nights and it literally brought the life back into my skin. It’s true to it’s name- giving you your youthful skin back! There isn’t a long list of ingredients but the ones that are in there are effective. I also love using this before makeup. My foundation glides on. Bonus- my husband can use it too! This has barely any ingredients and scores a 2 when it comes to comedogenic rating. Which means it’s most likely not to cause clogged pores in people, however it could still in some. Grab your bottle here!
- Indie Lee Squalane Oil- Helps with texture and appearance of skin tone. It nourishes the skin without feeling greasy. Has a comedogenic rating of 0-1, which means it's great for acne skin. I love how simplistic this oil is. It literally only contains squalene oil- that's it! Great for sensitive skin and for improving the overall quality of the skin's appearance. Grab it here!
- Pai Rosehip Seed Oil- This oil has a rating of 1 on the comedogenic scale. Rosehip seed oil is great for so many things, from hydrating skin to calming inflammation. I love that this oil only has 3 ingredients. It's really known for it's healing properties and it's rich Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 plus antioxidant Carotenoids content. Great for sensitive skin that is dry and inflamed. This is also budget friendly oil! Grab it here!
- Marie Veronique Soothing B3 Serum- This serum is good all seasons but especially in the dead of winter when skin can get irritated and extra sensitive from the elements. It helps to calm the skin with essential B Vitamins. It also helps to calm sensitivity and redness and reduce acne. It doesn't have any essential oils in it either! Regular use of Niacinamide has shown to help ease inflammation and overall acne. This isn't hydrating on it's own, it's a gel consistency. I would apply this before an oil. Make sure if you do struggle with acne, that you're not getting a comedogenic oil. The Indie Lee Squalene Oil and the Pai Rosehip Seed Oil would be good oils to start with above. Grab it here!
Now that you know what oil to choose, let's dive into creams.
These natural skincare creams have stolen the show when it comes to an effective moisturizer for dry skin!
Many people aren’t sure what the difference is between an oil, a cream and a lotion. Allow me to explain. An oil is just that- just an oil- nothing added. A cream has a mix of water and oil, but more oil than water and then a lotion is also a mixture of water and oil but the higher percentage is water- which makes it thinner. Creams are great at protecting the skin, especially after applying an oil and if you need additional moisture. I like doing them at night. A lotion is good for in the morning when you want some hydration but don’t want to be too greasy from an oil.
We are going to focus on creams and their benefits. They really are the superstar when it comes to how to hydrate skin in the winter months. They really help to protect skin and hold in the moisture.
Here are some of my favorite natural winter skincare creams-
- Joshrosebrook Vital Balm Cream- It is a cream but also feels similar to a balm because of it's thicker texture- thus the name Vital Balm Cream(more on balms below). It feels creamy to the touch-not greasy and when I apply it my skin’s dryness dissipates and I’m left with plump hydrated skin. Ok, the smell…well it’s amazing! One of the best smelling products I’ve ever used. It has a fresh, light smell with vanilla enveloping all of it and blue tansy and ylang ylang notes throughout-I’m obsessed with the smell. It has the properties of a balm but feels like a cream-I mean it’s kind a dream cream! Can we talk about the color too?! The baby mint/blue hue just looks cool. The ingredient I was excited to learn about in the product is Indian Senna Seed. It really performs just like it supposed to in this cream. It’s been called the botanical hyaluronic acid, it gives skin the ability to retain moisture on it’s own. So your skin feels hydrated well after application. Grab it here!
- Jane Scrivener OO Cream- This cream has a bright golden orange hue from rosehip. I was so excited to see how this would stack up to other moisturizers. Well, I was impressed- very impressed. I’ve now been using this every night since I got it in the mail and can’t stop! It’s SO hydrating. Some creams leave your skin hydrated for a minute but this one lasts. It really sinks into the skin so nicely. I wake up in the morning and my skin still feels supple and moisturized, but not oily- I repeat not oily. Can I talk to you about the scent? I love the scent. It smells like vanilla- soothing and warm vanilla. It’s really an amazing product! If you’ve been looking for a cream to truly hydrate your skin in this winter season or any time- this is it. I can’t stop and won’t stop using it! Grab it here!
- Beautycounter Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream- This cream is what skincare dreams are made of- no joke! Yes, it is the best anti-aging cream I’ve found in natural skincare. Move over LaMer. There’s a new skin cream in town and it doesn’t contain the toxic ingredients! I have tried hundreds of natural skin creams in my day, yes as a clean beauty blogger my shelves are filled with product, after product. This one is in a league of it’s own. I just dare you to try it and tell me otherwise. The consistency is like softest most decadent cream. It literally melts into the skin and creates skin that feels so completely perfect from hydration to overall smoothness and radiance. My skin LOVES it.Not only does it contain the plant-derived retinol bakuchiol and alpine rose but also a tetrapeptide. Meaning it has four amino acids. Your skin will be repaired, protected and stimulated with increased collagen, all while being completely hydrated. Sound like something amazing? It’s because it is. This has been one of those products I recommend to clients when they tell me they have very dry skin and nothing seems to hydrate. They get this and they're hooked! Plus, it's the only cream that really fights the aging process with antioxidants, peptides and plant-derived retinols. Get it here!
- Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream- I recently discovered this cream a couple months ago and have been loving it. This has been the perfect moisturizer to add on top of my oils in the morning and at night for a little extra hydration. I even used this when we were up in the mountains sledding for the day and it kept my skin feeling so hydrated and protected. Not only does this cream moisturize but also provide great anti-aging benefits with it’s naturally rich antioxidants. It seeps into my skin so well, and doesn’t feel greasy. My hubs has been stealing this from me too-that means it’s good people! He can be pickier than me at times. What’s even better is the price tag on this cream, $48! A steal for a green beauty cream that works and is full of skincare actives! Check it out here!
Skincare balms are often the unsung heroes of dry skin.
So first what are skincare balms and why might you need one?? Good question. These play a vital role when it comes to how to hydrate skin in the winter months. Balms are made generally from oils, butters, and waxes. In my opinion a true balm is waterless. The product is more concentrated when there’s not water and so pure. Balms are multitaskers. They seriously can do it all. From cleanse, hydrate, protect and even offer some serious nutrients. Since balms typically involve a lot of oils, they are using soluble ingredients. Which in the end let’s you put more ingredients into one product. Hello effectiveness! Plus, since they’re waterless usually formulas can include ingredients that are more potent. Balms are especially great in the winter when your skin needs extra protection. They can help to protect skin from the harsh winds, cold and lock in the moisture. I apply balms after oils or creams.
Here are some of my favorite natural winter skincare balms
- Leahlani Bless Beauty Balm- Dry skin stands no chance with this baby! This is a balm and not a cream but performs like a cream in many ways. It’s full of organic shea and cocoa butters, as well as cold pressed oils. It melts right into your skin and leaves behind a beautiful smell of rosehip oil and no oily residue. My skin felt so hydrated! The perfect companion for dry weather in winter, and in the summer when you’ve spent too much time in the sun. You only need a little dab for the whole face. Grab it here!
- CVS Restorative Skin Balm- This is such a great protective skin balm. If your skin is cracked, dry and needing protection from the elements, this is your balm. It is similar to a conventional petroleum jelly product, think Aquaphor. It will soften skin, while hydrating at the same time. I even have used this on cuticles, elbows, or anywhere you experience cracked, dry skin. Grab it here!
- Laurel Night Balm- A waterless, luxe balm filled with phytonutrients. It hydrates the skin, while at the same time delivering nutrients. It helps to strengthen and build connective tissue. It helps to brighten and even skin tone overall. You wake up with skin that feels balanced, refreshed and restored. Get it here!
- Live Botanical Sanctuary Barrier Balm– This balm is one of my newest balm finds this year and it is so good! I can't stop using it. First, I love that it is essential oil free. Making it great for even the most sensitive skin types. What makes this different then other balms is the phospholipids. The molecules attract and hold onto the water and mimic how are skin structure is. The balm also helps other skincare products such as serums or active ingredients be absorbed. Get it here!
Also, besides skincare products there are a few other things to do on how to hydrate skin in the winter months:
- Avoid long hot showers that can dry out your skin.
- Use lukewarm water when your cleansing your skin.
- Apply moisturizer when skin is still slightly damp to lock in moisture.
- Stay hydrated- make sure you're drinking your water.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, nuts, seeds or take an omega-3 supplement.
- Avoid clothing that can irritate your skin like wool.
See any products you need to get? What helps keep your skin hydrated and balanced during the winter months?
If you liked this post on how to hydrate skin, be sure to check out past popular posts below:
Sharing how to properly hydrate the skin in the winter months with natural products.
So excited to finally share my skincare fridge is it worth it post? I've been testing out a skincare mini fridge now for several months and I'm hear to share all the details on this skincare phenomenon that has swept through the past several years.
If you've never heard of a skincare fridge, allow me to introduce you to what I'm even talking about.
Suzi(Gurl Gone Green) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Mini fridges have been popping up recently all over for skincare products. Essentially you put them in your bathroom and store skincare products in them. I had heard about it a couple years ago but never really gave it much thought until I realized it was actually a thing! Yes, there are literally companies that make just skincare fridges. I knew I wanted to dive in a little deeper into it all and see for myself what all the fuss was about. I mean what kind of natural beauty blogger would I be if I didn't try out the latest and greatest?
My newest obsession- my skincare fridge!
So I bought one and have been using it for the past 4 months. I wanted to give it a good amount of time to really see what I thought and if it was worth the hype or not. I wanted to share my experience with you here in hopes that it will help you decide if you want to hitch your wagon to this new craze or not.
As I said earlier, a skincare fridge is essentially meant to house some of your skincare products and live in your bathroom. A fridge in your bathroom? Sounds kind of cool huh? Yes, well it does have it's perks.
What Do You Store In A Skincare Fridge?
- Eye creams are great because when they have a cooling effect they tend to help de-puff the eyes, great for in the morning when you want your eye area to look a little perked up.
- Aloe is a great skincare product that can benefit from a skincare fridge. Sticking an aloe based product in the skincare fridge can help to enhance the product even more. Since aloe has a naturally cooling effect it can help to give it an even more soothing cool to the touch feel.
- Vitamin C products can especially benefit from being stored in the fridge because Vitamin C is very sensitive to light and heat. Sticking them in the fridge can help them not to oxidize as quickly.
- Gel skincare products are great as well as they naturally are meant to feel cooling on the skin.
- Skincare Tools. These are great to add to the skincare fridge. The cold stone on your skin as you jade roll or use a Gua Sha on your skin feels incredibly soothing and reviving to the skin. Especially great for in the mornings when you want your skin to feel awake and vibrant.
- Facial Sheet Masks. This feels so refreshing on the skin when they are a little cool on the skin. Even eye gel masks are perfect for adding to the fridge. Really helps to de-puff the eye area overall.
I love being able to get even more out of my skincare products with my skincare fridge.
A skincare fridge can help to preserve products. Natural skincare products especially are great for keeping in a skincare fridge since many of them tend to have less harsh preservatives. A skincare fridge helps to prolong the life of the skincare product and ward off bacteria. We know that light and heat can degrade a product quickly so we know the opposite is true for helping preserve them. Refrigerating skincare products can also help calm skin inflammation with the cooling effect of the products and constrict pores so they appear smaller. As you can see there are many benefits to having a skincare fridge.
What Skincare Fridge Did I Get?
I researched and read so much on skincare fridges. I really wanted to make sure I got a good one! I also had some things I wanted to make sure I got with my skincare fridge and I didn't want to spend over $50. I saw some that I thought were really chic looking but they had horrible reviews or were over $100. I was bummed because I thought initially I would get one of them but as I read the reviews I realized they weren't going to be worth it if they stopped working and they were pretty pricey! As I looked more and more the one that kept coming up and getting awesome reviews as far as longevity and price was Cooluli Mini Fridge(classic 4 liter small mini fridge). It also had a side shelf on the door and a shelf in the large compartment- both musts for me when I was looking for a skincare fridge. I've been super happy with the Cooluli Mini Fridge overall. It's not loud at all, it has the shelves and it has a pink exterior which always wins in my book! It's also big enough to store a good amount of skincare products but not too large where it takes up too much space in my bathroom. The Cooluli Mini Fridge also comes in other colors too if pink isn't your fave.
*I also wanted to point out that you can also use your skincare fridge for heating items too. Sometimes you want a product to be a little warm- so this would be perfect for that as well.
Check out the Cooluli Mini Fridge here!
So What Did I Think Of My Skincare Fridge?
I was so excited to start testing out my skincare fridge. It sits right on my counter in my bathroom. I don't have a huge bathroom by any means so it does take up some space but I'm willing to make the sacrifice! It doesn't have a loud noise. I don't really notice it's even on. I stored my eye creams, eye masks, facial tools like my jade roller, and Gua Sha, and some of my aloe based masks.
I loved how the skincare fridge had a little shelf, plus a side shelf for eye masks or smaller skincare products. I would get out my jade roller first thing in the morning and it would feel so cooling on my skin- I loved it! I felt like it brought some blood flow to my skin compared to when I used it at room temperature. I also loved applying my eye cream as it felt so cool to the touch and made my eyes feel very awake. I also was so impressed with how cooling the aloe felt on my skin after being refrigerated! It really took it to the next level. Both my husband and I had burned our skin and I applied the aloe right away and it instantly took away the burn. I was so impressed! So was my hubs. There was no burning sensation at all after applying the cooling aloe. I also loved how my gel masks felt on my skin afterwards. It felt so refreshing. It definitely took some of my skincare products to the next level!
The real question now is a skincare fridge worth taking up extra space in your bathroom? Well, that's for you to decide, but I will share my experience with you and what I think.
I love being able to have my skincare tools cooled for my skin.
Is it worth taking up the extra space?
For me it is worth it! I think the added benefit of having a skincare fridge really helps me look forward to using my skincare products even more. It's fun to know that my skincare tools are in the skincare fridge and are going to feel cool to the touch as I use them. It makes the whole experience as I do it in the morning so much more therapeutic. I find I'm more consistent too.
Other Things You Can Use It For?
Once I got my skincare fridge I realized there were many other ways I could use it! If you were going on a road trip it would be great to store some food or drinks that need to be refrigerated, or in your office to keep some drinks cold. Also great for breastmilk storage! Yes, I went there. As a nursing mama I'm always thinking about scenarios where I might need a fridge, the Cooluli Mini Fridge makes it so easy. It's nice having a small type of cooler that can keep things cool for long periods of time.
Skincare Fridge: Is it worth it?
For me it has been totally worth it, but I'm also really into natural skincare. If you prefer a more streamlined, simple skincare routine, then I could see how having a skincare fridge might seem like one more thing and not worth the hype. It's up to you! I think it would be a great gift idea for those that are really into skincare. It would be a fun way for them to maximize their skincare products even more.
Check out the Cooluli Mini Fridge here!
Do you have a skincare fridge? Which one do you have?
If you liked this post, check out past posts below:
Sharing my full skincare fridge blog post on the blog.
Sharing the best clean beauty for June! Another month gone by- can you believe it?! It seems like this year has flown by in ways and then other ways it seems like it's been the longest year ever. Who's with me? This month I have some stellar new clean beauty finds to share with you. As always, I try and pair it down to the best of the best.
Since summer is here, I'm sharing some of my favorite picks for the warmer weather. I have to stop sometimes and remember how far clean beauty has come- it's truly amazing! So many new clean beauty brands and products. It's changed so much in the last 10 years and so many people are now swapping out their products- it's a beautiful thing!
In this installment of the best of clean beauty for June I'm sharing:
- True Botanical's Resurfacing Moisture Mask
- Detox Mode Deodorant
- Sky Organic's Jojoba Oil
- Mukti 2-in-1 Resurfacing Exfoliant
- Evolvh Hair Super Finish Polishing Balm
- Suntegrity Tinted SPF 30 Moisturizer
These have all taken up residence in my natural beauty routine lately. Some of them are new and some of them are just old favorites that have resurfaced due to the season change. Hope you love reading my best of clean beauty for June!
The True Botanical's Resurfacing Mask doesn't mess around!
True Botanical's Resurfacing Moisture Mask
I just wrote about this mask last week and I couldn't wait to share it again in my clean beauty roundup for June! I had already tried True Botanical's Overnight Mask and loved it but had never tried their Resurfacing Moisture Mask. Little did I know I was in for a treat! This mask does exactly what it says- it moisturizes and exfoliates. It’s a gel consistency. It gets rid of all the dead skin and reveals that inner glow(aka new skin). I leave mine on for 5 minutes. It’s especially great right before a big event or night out when you want your skin to be glowing. I also love doing this first thing in the morning before the day. I’ll brush my teeth as I wait for the mask to do it’s thing. It also gives you an even smooth canvas for flawless makeup application. The lactic acid in the mask helps to slough off the dead skin cells, while at the same time stimulating the production of ceramides and hyaluronic acid. These both help to keep moisture locked in to the skin.
The mask doesn’t stop there. Then it helps to add additional softness to the skin with avocado butter. Plus, this mask includes Astaxanthin. This essential fatty acid does so much! From helping diminish dark circles, hyperpigmentation, smooth fine lines and stimulate collagen production. This is basically you’re new favorite mask! I love how smooth my skin feels after using it and bright. It's like an instant facial for your skin. If you have sensitive skin I would do a patch test first. You only need to leave it on for 5 minutes. Any longer and you might start to feel a burning or tingling sensation. You won’t be disappointed! Get yours here!
These new natural deodorants are just in time for summer!
Detox Mode Deodorant
When it comes to clean beauty- natural deodorant can be hard to come by. These deodorants are the newest launch from Detox Mode and they're so good! They have a baking soda free version and a regular version. They both go on really smooth and don't irritate my underarms at all. I was skeptical that the baking soda free version would actually work- but it does! The Feeling Free Deodorant is the baking soda free version. It has a combination of charcoal and lavender for the scent as well as eucalyptus. It does a great job of keeping me smelling fresh all day!
The Feeling Altogether is the regular deodorant with baking soda and it has a combination of neroli and cardamom. I love both the scents. If you have sensitive skin and can't tolerate baking soda well, I would recommend the baking soda free version. Excited to have another natural deodorant in my rotation! Check them out here!
This exfoliant does it all and leaves your skin smooth and glowing!
Mukti 2-in-1 Resurfacing Exfoliant
My clean beauty skincare routine just got a whole lot better with this product! I was introduced to it back in April's Beauty Heroes box and I haven't been able to stop using it- obsessed! The exfoliant had me basically after the first application but sold me the more I used it. This has a combination of fruit acids that help loosen and rid the intracellular bonds, while encouraging collagen production. Then once the fruit acids do their thing, jojoba esters and finely ground bamboo particles remove the dead skin. I used this in the morning first thing on damp skin. I rubbed in circular motions. Then brushed my teeth. Once I was done I rinsed it off. My skin felt so smooth and radiant! I used it twice a week. If you have sensitive skin I would do a patch test first and then see how your skin does. It smells amazing too! Like fresh lime juice and it’s this beautiful emerald green. This has been on repeat in my skincare routine! You will be addicted. Check it out here!
This jojoba oil has one ingredient that moisturizes so well! Use it for my whole family.
Sky Organics Jojoba Oil
I love pure simple oils and this is exactly that. I've been using this as my clean beauty body oil and on my kids as a body oil too. It really hydrates the skin so well and leaves it feeling silky smooth. It doesn't leave a greasy film like some oils. I love jojoba too because it resembles so closely our own body oil. Sky Organics jojoba oil is cold pressed, so all the nutrients are left intact. Plus, I love that it's houses in a dark glass amber bottle. Protecting the oil from heat and light. Lotions and creams can contain so many ingredients, but with this oil you are literally just using one oil on your body- so pure! I apply this on slightly damp skin after I shower, and my kid's baths. This really helps to seal in the moisture. Plus, it's such a budget friendly pick and you can get it on Amazon- win/win! Check it out here.
This not only acts as your sunscreen but also your foundation!
Suntegrity 2-in-1 Natural Moisturizing Tinted Face Sunscreen
I've been wearing this as the weather has warmed up and I want something that feels lightweight and easy. This tinted face sunscreen is it. It's similar to a BB cream. Tinted moisturizers tend to be too thin for me because they don't offer enough coverage. This offers just the right amount of coverage. It definitely hits all the marks for a great tinted sunscreen. From superb coverage, hydration and good tint. Plus, it offers a broad spectrum spf of 30. It’s made with non-nano zinc oxide. It also comes in four colors which makes it easy to find one that matches your skin tone. I wear the color light. Grab yours here!
This hair balm keeps the flyaways at bay and your hair silky smooth.
Evolvh Hair Super Finish Polishing Balm
I've been using this balm for over a month and I'm addicted! It hydrates the hair but doesn't weigh it down. It helps to seal in the moisture, but not make your hair greasy. I just apply a small pump into my hands and rub them together. Then I add run it through the ends of my hair. It helps to control frizz, smooth flyways, and give an overall polished look to the hair. Especially great if you have dry ends, or curly hair. I love applying it right after I blog dry to smooth my ends and then right after I curl my hair to smooth the curl. You can also use it on damp hair and let it air dry to prevent flyaways. Check it out here!
That sums up my best of clean beauty for June! See anything you want to try? What have you been loving?
If you liked this post on the best of clean beauty for June, be sure to check out past clean beauty posts below:
Sharing the best natural beauty for June on the blog.
Excited to share my True Botanicals Mask Review! If you've been a long time reader of my blog then you know I've been a fan of True Botanicals for some time. I have a full review here of all their formulations. This brand delivers skincare results! I even have a video I did on True Botanicals- sharing how I use their products. Check it out here!
If you aren't familiar with the brand, allow me to introduce you to this clean beauty skincare icon!
Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
Sharing my full review on all 3 masks by True Botanicals!
When I think of TB what sticks out to me is a luxe anti-aging line. Using the most potent ingredients, TB spares no expense when it comes to creating their products. They care about quality and seeing products that actually perform, while at the same time are safe. A truly unique company in the green beauty industry. The scents of their products are some of the best. Nothing is too strong but smells fresh and real. I also love how they do clinical tests on their products. Something that is rare among the natural skincare industry. Proven results, with clean ingredients-what more could you want? Oh and I can’t forget to mention that all their products come in frosted glass bottles, can you say luxurious? Not only do they make skincare products but also some stellar body products. I tried out the shampoo and conditioner, body wash and lotion and they’re all winners!
TB is also one of the first companies to become Made Safe Certified. A new certification done by third party testing that ensures toxins stay out of products.
Another exciting thing from TB headquarters is their Clear Collection passed clinical trials against Proactiv+. Making it the go to skincare line for acne. Most lines dry out your skin in hopes of combatting acne. But with TB’s Clear Collection it actually kills bacteria that could be causing flare ups and breakouts. The products create balance in your skin, unlike most acne treatment lines. Say hello to your new favorite acne skincare line that delivers. Check out the full clinical trial results here! As they say the proof is in the pudding!
TB was started by Hillary Peterson. She was a long time lover of luxury skincare. However, she realized the price she was paying for luxury skincare also cost her toxic ingredients. Having been diagnosed with thyroid cancer, she knew a change needed to be made. After 8 years of research with chemists, studying botanicals and talking with sustainability experts, she created True Botanicals. Her goal was to make skincare products that were not only effective but clean. Well she did it and since then has won some awards…
True Botanicals’ rule-breaking approach to luxury skin care and ability to bring together superior results and safety has earned it ELLE magazine’s coveted Genius award and placement at several of the world’s top spas.
If you’re unsure of what line to commit to in TB, then take their online quiz here. They’ve made it easy to help you decide what line suits your skin best. Skincare doesn’t have to be complicated. If it’s one thing I’ve learned from using TB products it’s that skincare needs two things to be great, clean and effective. TB offers both.
*True Botanicals did send me this mask collection, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Let's dive into the True Botanicals Mask Review!
The True Botanical's Resurfacing Mask doesn't mess around!
This mask does exactly what it says- it moisturizes and exfoliates. It’s a gel consistency. It gets rid of all the dead skin and reveals that inner glow(aka new skin). I leave mine on for 5 minutes. It’s especially great right before a big event or night out when you want your skin to be glowing. I also love doing this first thing in the morning before the day. I'll brush my teeth as I wait for the mask to do it's thing. It also gives you an even smooth canvas for flawless makeup application. The lactic acid in the mask helps to slough off the dead skin cells, while at the same time stimulating the production of ceramides and hyaluronic acid. These both help to keep moisture locked in to the skin. The mask doesn't stop there. Then it helps to add additional softness to the skin with avocado butter. Plus, this mask includes Astaxanthin. This essential fatty acid does so much! From helping diminish dark circles, hyperpigmentation, smooth fine lines and stimulate collagen production. This is basically you're new favorite mask! You won’t be disappointed! Get yours here!
This mask really offers some serious hydration. You cleanse your skin and apply your products as you would normally and then you apply the mask. Instead of rinsing it off you sleep in it! When you wake up your skin is silky smooth and moisturized. Like a big gulp of water for your skin. I put down a hand towel on my pillow so the product didn’t get on my pillow case. But it really does soak in to the skin so well you hardly notice anything. I can’t think of a better product for your skin in the dry winter months or even in the summer months when your skin takes a beating from the sun and gets dried out. The mask includes all star ingredients like mango butter, squalene- both known for their healing properties. Mango butter has a blend of vitamin a and vitamin c, plus essential fatty acids, While squalene-derived from olive oil, helps to firm the skin. Another key ingredient in this mask is hyaluronic acid. Able to hold 1,000 times it's weight in water, this ingredient really draws all the moisture to your skin. Keeping it well hydrated. I also can't not mention a key ingredient called AC collagen Pre-peptide, this ingredient is known comes from seaweed and is known to increase collagen synthesis by 400% after 48 hours! I know- kind of amazing. It's small molecular size, makes it easy for the product to get deep into the skin and do the work. I also love that it doesn't contain a lot of the typical pore clogging ingredients like many facial creams. It literally nourishes the skin so well. I notices minimized redness too. Get your Moisture Lock Mask here! Get it here!
The True Botanicals Pacifica Glacial Clay Detoxifying Mask is the best for purging the skin.
This mask contains some 5 star ingredients to help purify your skin. The first is Glacial Oceanic Clay- this is a silt that is made up of over 60 minerals and earth elements. I love how True Botanical's describes this mask at work on their website:
when applied to skin, impurities are positively charged, while the particles in the clay are negatively charged. in turn, the negative ions of the clay attract the impurities in skin and are removed when washed away.
It detoxifies your skin, yet still leaves the moisture intact- something that is so hard to find in a detox mask! It does this because the glacial oceanic clay uses osmotic strength and moves moisture up from deep inside the skin to the surface. This mask also has the beloved olive oil derived squalene that not only helps to regulate oil production but soften the skin overall and tone it. It helps to protect your skin by locking in moisture. Activated bamboo charcoal is another active ingredient in the mask, helping to remove skin impurities, toxins, heavy metals and dirt. Your skin feels so smooth! I love using this mask at night when my skin needs some tlc after a day in the elements. I apply it to clean dry skin. Then I let it sit on my skin for 15 minutes. I love using this mask a couple times a week to really help purify it. It's like a good skin purge! Get it here!
If you liked this blog post on True Botanicals Mask Review, check out past blog posts below:
Sharing my full review of True Botanical's mask collection!