What’s in my toiletry bag? Well, I thought you would never ask! Ok, well to be honest some of you have asked and so I thought I would share my green beauty essentials with you all in hopes it will make your life a little easier the next time you’re going on a trip. Plus, who doesn’t love a peek inside someone’s toiletry bag?!
So I finally got a new toiletry bag. I had one but it was too bulky for just a carryon and really wanted something that could condense it all, be squished if needed and still look cute- a tall order I know but I knew there was something out there! My hubs actually snagged it for me too- he’s a keeper. The bag is Everywhere Kit from Lululemon and is seriously the cutest little thing. First of all it’s pink… I’m mean I’m already sold. Second, it has a removable and washable smaller bag for all your 3 oz. containers. So it’s easy to remove when you’re going through security- hello! I’m all for making my life easier. Plus, it even has different elastic loops to put your makeup brushes, or any product you want. I love that you can open it easily on the counter and it sits up- makes it so nice to see things. It fits all my makeup, skincare, and toiletry items. Basically I found the “bag”.
Here it is in action…isn’t it cute?!
I also wanted to mention the new carry-on suitcase I got from Away. It’s a hard shell and looks dreamy! I got white but it comes in a variety of colors. My favorite feature is the battery for your electronic devices- I mean genius! I can plug my phone or laptop in whenever I want. It also has a waterproof laundry bag too and three separate compartments for all your clothes and shoes. I’ll keep you posted on what I think but so far I’m in love! Check it out here!
So what are some of my go too green beauty essentials when traveling?
Here’s my list of green beauty products that all come in TRAVEL SIZES:
Here are some products I like to bring that may not come in a travel size but I just LOVE them or they’re ESSENTIAL when traveling:
- Maya Chia Waterless Wonderbalm- still figuring out what this magic balm doesn’t do! I use this for my body after showering, hands and lips. I love bringing this especially on trips since it’s not an oil and won’t spill everywhere.
- Kosmatology Hand Sanitizer- This hand sanitizer cleans my hands but without the added toxins. I love having this while navigating the airports and plane rides- an essential for sure!
- Hynt Beauty Mascara- One of my fave mascaras in green beauty. It gives my lashes volume, length and separation.
- ZuZu Luxe Clear Mascara- This is an everyday essential for my eyebrows. It helps to give them a natural look and keep them in place.
- Ursa Major Facial Wipes- These wipes are a serious favorite! They are made for your face but I love using them for on the go as you would a wet wipe. Perfect for makeup touchups when you need to clean your hands or after eating on the go!
- Agent Nateur Holi Rose Deodorant- This deodorant is my fave and I love that it isn’t super bulky- perfect for travel. It keeps me smelling fresh and with no irritation.
- Vapour Organic Lip Conditioner- A must have for me when I’m traveling is a good lip balm- my lips can get so dry on the plane. This balm is a lifesaver!
- 3-in-1 Soy-Based Nail Color Remover Wipes-pack of 10– these wipes save me so much hassle! Sometimes I’m wanting to touch up my nails or one chips and I need to redo them while traveling. These wipes make it so easy to just fix my nails without having to worry about spilling nail polish remover all over the place.
- Ursa Major Morning Mojo Soap– Perfect for travel! These little bar soaps look like the soaps you use when you travel except their completely clean when it comes to ingredients!
- Crunchi Foundation- I love this foundation and I love even more that they have sample packs. Makes it so easy to travel with instead of a big glass container!
That’s my go too list- see anything you love? What do you travel with?
I’ve been itching to share all about W.E.L.L. Summit 2017! It’s in less than 3 months and will be here before we know it. I really wanted to share with you guys about the event and ask you to join me for this special two day summit. Many people never take time out for themselves, I know this because as a mom, I’m the first offender. This event will help you take a step back and look at Wellness in every aspect of your life. When do you get to take two days and focus on yourself? Hardly ever. Grab some friends and join me! Curious what it’s all about? Keep reading to get the full scoop.
So what is the W.E.L.L. SUMMIT and why should you go? Great question! W.E.L.L. stands for Wellness, Empowerment, Learning and Luxury. Imagine a two day event that focuses on self improvement. From living well in your health, beauty, professional life, and taking some time to focus on you-this is W.E.L.L. Summit. Experts in their fields take the stage and you get to glean from them wisdom and nuggets. Not only will you get to hear them speak, but get up close and personal during break out sessions. To say you’ll leave inspired would be an understatement! If you want to check out another blog post I wrote all about W.E.L.L. Summit, the schedule, and what I’m excited about- check out my post here.
Here are all the deets:
- Summit dates Nov. 3-4, 2017 (Friday & Saturday)
- W.E.L.L. Summit takes place in NYC
- Grab a W.E.L.L. Discovery box-a special curated box filled with favorite W.E.L.L. brands. An over $80 value for only $39.95! Snag your box here!
Friday Ticket- $199
*VIP Ticket-(only 75 tickets available)includes VIP gift bag, overall a $150 more of free loot, VIP mentor session lunch Saturday, VIP lunch on Friday with tenoverten manicure bar, First access to register for breakout sessions on Saturday.
There are so many amazing speakers lined up- literally can’t wait!! There are a couple I wanted to highlight. Phoebe Lapine is a wellness speaker, chef, and writer. She wrote the book The Wellness Project. It talks all about her journey through hashimotos and balancing it all. As someone who has hashimotos, I’m fascinated to hear her speak and glean wisdom on how she makes it work in a fast paced lifestyle. I also can’t wait to hear from Kristine Keheley, the founder of Vapour Organic Beauty. One of the first makeup companies in the green beauty world. Can’t wait to hear her story! I also have my eye on Ksenia Avdulova. She has her own blog where she posts amazing food recipes, wellness tips and travels. As a fellow blogger, I love hearing from others who have chosen similar paths- so fun to learn how they do it! There are so many more- take a look at the whole line up of speakers here!
I also interviewed my friend Lisa from the blog This Organic Girl about her experience the last two years going to W.E.L.L. Summit. She’s sharing tips and advice as a veteran, where to eat, and places to check out while in NYC. Plus, why she thinks everyone should attend! Keep reading for all the deets!
1. Having attended W.E.L.L Summit 2 years already, is there something you look forward to every year?
I attended W.E.L.L. Summit on a whim two years ago. I saw something in my Facebook feed about a “Wellness Summit” in Boston and I asked around if anyone had heard anything about it. Because it was W.E.L.L’s inaugural event – I didn’t get any feedback about it but I just felt a pull towards this event for some reason. Like my own personal gravity was kicking in and was drawing me towards attending. I was on the fence about going because I didn’t have anyone to go with and I didn’t want to risk social equity by asking a friend to come with if it was a bust. So all of this to say, I went. Alone. And the most beautiful thing happened. The spirit of the W.E.L.L. Summit took over me. Conversations with strangers ignited like wildfire. Presenters looked me in the eye. People invested in me. I invested in others. Generosity overflowed. Grace took centerstage. It was a 12 hour experience of open minded learning + sharing. It was a personal and professional exchange like none I’ve ever experienced before. I was taken in and taken aback all at once. So needless to say I went back the following year. And here I am back for a third time. I look forward to all of this again and again and again.
2. What advice would you give to a newbie, that hasn’t attended W.E.L.L. Summit?
Okay, good question. I have a few pieces of advice.
- Record the speakers for your personal notes. This really helps me because it takes FOMO off my plate and I can just really relax, engage, listen and participate without being distracted by my notepad.
- Bring your own coffee packs to make coffee in your room. I found myself on NYC time real quick which made for late nights and rushed mornings. The coffee lines were either too long or folks had to walk to a coffee shop – sometimes in the rain for a cup. Just sayin’.
- Don’t be afraid to talk and get ready to listen. Meaning, YOUR agenda? Leave it behind and see where the summit takes you. You never know. The conversation you had with that girl while waiting in line for 4pm tea? That could end up being your game changer. Come with an open mind and let fate take the reigns.
- Take advantage of NYC! There are so many healthy and amazing places to eat plus fun things to do. I can’t wait for a meal at Hu Kitchen, a ride at Peloton, a sesh at Y7 and maybe a walk on The High Line down to Chelsea Market.
- If you are wondering which days to attend, do both if you can. But if you can only do one, it’s Saturday ALL THE WAY!
3. What speakers are you most excited for?
Okay, you are breaking out the big guns now. So, this is always the hardest part of W.E.L.L. Summit. So many speakers, so little time! Attendees are given the opportunity to choose 6-7 speakers to listen to during breakout sessions. BUT there are often over 20 presenters! I mean, what is a girl to do!?
This list will change because new speakers are being confirmed as we speak. BUT I eat gluten-free and live with an auto-immune disease so I am REALLY excited to see Phoebe Lapine; gluten-free chef, culinary instructor and author speak. Also, being a woman and a small business owner I love following along with Cyndie Spiegel, she is all that and a bag of chips and I missed her sesh last year so maybe this is the year I will get to sit in on her talk! I saw they just added Rachel Pojednic, assistant professor of nutrition at Simmons College which is totally peaking my interest, not to mention Kristine Keheley!? Founder of Vapour Organic Beauty – um yeah, that’s happening. I mean my list runeth over!
4. The Summit is a two day event. Do you think attendees should come a day early or stay a day later to help enjoy the experience more? And if so, any suggestions on things to do?
Do. It. All. Like, whatever you can afford, just go all-in! If you can come early take advantage of the city, see the sights, walk the city – NYC is so beautiful in the fall. Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Naked Cowboy – have fun being a tourist! That way you are freed up to be spontaneous when the summit starts and are mentally free go to lunch or dinner with new or old friends without feeling the pull of – oh shoot, I didn’t get to do “that”! If you can stay a day on the other end it is nice to have a chance to debrief with a friend – or just sit with yourself and your own thoughts. It’s a long two days emotionally and it really helps to talk about what you learned, experienced, how you were impacted, how you want to apply what you learned or just how things resonated with you. THAT’S the take away – the verbal processing. At least for me it is.
5. Since you’re a veteran of W.E.L.L. Summit, why would you encourage someone to attend?
Um, see questions 1-4!? Ha ha! YES! Come! Suzi and I are so excited about attending this event together and we want to see you there too! If you come make sure you introduce yourselves to us! We want to meet you!
I went to Denver last week and periscoped a video of my clean travel toiletry bag and what I bring with me in it. Little did I know how interested everyone would be in it! Haha, but seriously I’ve had a ton of questions since I scoped it and so I thought I would share the bag and some travel essentials I brought with me in it. I mean a good travel bag is kind of a must have item when traveling!
Here is the bag I have-
It’s the Travelon Mini Cosmetic Organizer/Travel Case I’ve had it for over 6 years and I love it! It fits literally everything in it, from makeup, to skincare and everything in between. One of the features I love about this travel bag, is that my taller bottles can stand upright in it-so there’s no spillage! It has three pouches like that, so you can fit hair bottles that are taller, and glass skincare bottles that you don’t want to break. It also has a few smaller pockets for all the knick knacks like floss and toothpaste. Plus, it hangs easily too! It even has two zipper pockets where I keep my makeup, so it doesn’t spill out when I hang it, because I can just unzip the other end. Oh and it has a comfy strap if carrying or a slit in the back to put over your suitcase. Travelon has a website where you can find it here but it’s also on Amazon for a bit cheaper here.
Here are “some” (not everything) essentials that I packed in it-
Kypris Antioxidant Dew- Review here.
Kjaer Weis Foundation- Review here.
Zuii Organic Eyeshadows-Review coming soon.
Honest Beauty Lip Crayon- Review Here.
Dusty Girls Bronzer- Review here.
Honest Beauty Cream Blush-Review here.
Honest Beauty Luminizer- Review here.
Zuzu Liquid Eyeliner- Review here.
Honest Beauty Eyeliner- Review here.
W3ll People BioBrightening Stick- Review here.
Bonnie Lip gloss-Review coming soon.
Josh Rosebrook Hairspray-Review coming soon.
Josh Rosebrook Lift Spray- Review coming soon.
One Love Organics Dry Shampoo- Review Coming soon.
Kahina Brightening Serum-Review here.
Uncle Harry’s Toothpaste- Review here.
WooBamboo Toothbrush-Review here.
Leahlani Skincare Mermaid Mask-Review here.
Leahlani Honey Love Microdermabrasion 3-1 Scrub-Review coming soon.
Aleavia Face Cleanser-Review here.
Uncle Harry’s Sesame Oil-Review here.
Captain Blankenship Mermaid Sea Salt Spray-Review coming soon.
I also love bringing my at Blue Avocado Re-Zip Travel Quart travel bag with me too.
It’s perfect for throwing in my carryon with all my essentials for the plane. Best of all it’s clear, so easy to see everything in it, and re-usable, so no plastic baggies that get thrown away after one use. It’s made from an fda-grade peva film and it’s pvc, lead and bpa free. Oh and if you spill something it in it-no worries! This bad boy is machine washable. It retails for $6.99-I mean come on peeps, this is a no-brainer, must buy travel bag!
Here are some of the products I like keeping in it-
EOS Hand Sanitizer Spray or Clean Well Spray– Because clean hands.
Zoe Organics Everything Balm-Cuz it works on everything 🙂
Kiss My Honey Lip Balm-Love the one in mint.
Couleur Caramel Mascara-Just in case I need a touch up.
Lillian Eve Cuticle Oil-Just recent got this and I’m obsessed.
Osmia Organics Vanilla Shea Hand Repair-Not greasy, just perfect.
Uncle Harry’s Breath Spray-I mean does this need an explanation?
OHA Hydrating Spray-Plane air drys me out like nobodies business.
FitGlow Lipgloss– This stuff is legit, and smells amazing.
So there ya go! What are some of your travel essentials or travel bags you love?? Please leave me a comment and let me know!