Ok, I am excited to share with you all today ways to save at Sprouts + Sprouts Brand Products! I talked all about Sprouts last week and why I’m so excited a store is opening up near me in Mill Creek, Washington! The store opens Aug. 15th and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Sprouts makes healthy living fun and doable!
A lot of people ask me how to save money when living out an organic and natural lifestyle. My biggest tip I give anyone is to know where to shop and shop smart. In this blog post I’m going to share where I like to shop and how I save money shopping there.
So it’s no secret shopping at Sprouts can save you some serious money! Not too mention time as well. It’s so nice when you can get your non-toxic household cleaning items, some clean beauty items and your groceries at the same store- my kind of store. With Sprouts there are a few tips that can help you save even more money! And who doesn’t like to save money?!
Ways to Save Money At Sprouts-
- First Download the Sprouts App On Your Phone. This is where all the sales action is happening! You can see their weekly adds on the app by just inputing your zip code. It will tell you the specific adds in that store for the week- how cool! Plus, they have mobile coupons on the app and a My savings and Barcode section where it has everything that’s on sale for that day, the weekly ad, mobile coupons and checkout challenges. Checkout Challenges usually consist of purchasing several items and then getting items for free in return. Plus you can build a shopping list on the app, and place a catering order too! You can even discover recipes on the app and learn so much about healthy living. Can’t recommend getting the app enough!
- Sprouts Brand Products. Another way to save money and still get quality products is to look for the Sprouts brand products. On the app you can just go to the products tab, and then click on Sprouts Brand. It will show you Sprouts brand products, the price and then you can add them to your list as well. Sprouts is committed to bringing the best of the best to their product brand. From grassfed, organic, gluten free and more. You won’t be skimping on quality when it comes to Sprouts brand products. What’s great is the Sprouts brand products are significantly cheaper than other brands too. A win/win for the customer! Look for the products with the Sprouts label when shopping.
- Double Ad Wednesdays. Because Sprouts ads go out on Wednesdays and end on Wednesdays there is always an overlap where you can save double on products! Two ads on one day means some serious double savings!
- Deals of The Month. You can also save money by always knowing the deals of the month at Sprouts. On the Sprouts app you can click at the bottom of it where it says Deals of The Month and download all the deals Sprouts is having! There usually is at any given time at least 2,000 deals going on!
- Weekly Specials. Each week there is also an ad that tells of all the weekly specials. It comes out on Tuesdays and can be found on the app as well as the local newspaper often, in the mail or delivered to your inbox every Tuesday. Sign up here to receive it!
It’s pretty clear that shopping at Sprouts makes it pretty easy to save you money on quality products! Don’t forget to download the app and subscribe to Sprouts newsletter to get the most up to date info. on all their sales.
I can’t wait for you all to experience Sprouts! If you’re in the greater Seattle area then put August 15th on your calendar, Sprouts grand opening in Mill Creek. This is the first Washington store! For more information on the Mill Creek opening check out the press release here.
Have you shopped at Sprouts yet?
Ok, I have found The Best Organic Towels: The Graces. I mean even their name is cool! The minute I touched these towels I knew they were special. 100% organic cotton, that wraps you up in some serious luxury!
*This post is sponsored by The Graces. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
What’s the problem with Conventional Towels:
Now you might be thinking, why organic towels…allow me to explain. There are chemicals used during the growing of the cotton if they’re not organic. But even more than that, once processed the product is often doused in even more chemicals to help with wrinkles or static. Then as you use that bath towel, hand towel or wash cloth you are exposing yourself to those chemicals. Especially when your skin is in it’s most vulnerable state- when your pores are open right after a shower, hand washing or washing of your face. Add that on top of repeated exposure from constant use and you’ve got a recipe for chemical overload- just from your towels alone! I mean I don’t want formaldehyde in my towels and I’m thinking you don’t either.
More than the chemical overload you’re supporting that whole process when you buy conventional towels. From the pesticides in the air, dumped into the water and so on- the whole process affects SO much! Not something I want to support. You know when a product is truly organic the companies are going the extra mile and respect the environment and their workers.
Why Choose Organic:
- They’re softer actually when made with 100% organic cotton
- They wear longer too- so you won’t need to replace them every year
- You can know you’re supporting good working conditions/fair wages
- They adhere to strict environmental standards
- You’re not exposing yourself to chemicals
*It’s easy to see why choosing organic bath towels makes a difference. There are a lot of organic towels out there. However, I’ve noticed some companies are combining cotton with other cheap synthetic fibers. Make sure you look at your labels! Companies will slap anything on a label now to get you to buy something.
Why The Graces Organic Towels:
I came across The Graces Towels and the rest is history. I’ve tried other organic towels but honestly after using The Graces I was hooked! Nothing compares. The softness of the organic cotton is unparalleled. The towels are made in Turkey by the same factories that make towels for world renowned hotels and spas. I like to say there are organic towels and then there are The Graces Towels- a league of their own. You will feel like your wrapping yourself in butter. I sampled their bath towels, bath mat, and hand towels.
The Graces Organic Certifications:
The Graces take their organic certifications seriously too. They use certified organic by the GOTS- Global Organic Textile Standard. For more info. on GOTS click here. This standard ensures the product is made without any toxic chemicals and that at least 70% of fibers are organic. Also, no child or slave labor. It’s peace of mind when buying the towels if you see this label. It means the towels were made using pure and clean standards.
They also are Oeko- Tex Certified. These towels may not be grown organically but they are tested for unhealthy chemicals in the final product. For more on Oeko- Tex Certification click here.
I was concerned that they wouldn’t dry like some towels that are thicker- but not true. They are so absorbent and dry overnight, so you don’t have to worry about mildew! It didn’t take 20 washes before they were absorbent like SO many towels! You know what I’m talking about. Sometimes I feel like I’m not even dry with some towels- not with The Graces, they just get the job done right away. One feature I absolutely love is this little hook they have to hang the towel with- genius! You can hang it easily, not only does it look so chic but doesn’t fall off the hook like so many towels. An added feature I just can’t get over! I can’t recommend them enough! I love how big their bath towels are too- completely wraps up my 6’2″ hubs even! If you need a frame of reference the towel is 30 x 63 which is considerably larger than most bath towels.
So you might be thinking great but how do they wear? Well, The Graces has taken extra precautions to ensure there’s no fraying at the ends with their double stitch. Hello! You can have good looking towels for a long time. I noticed they absorbed great right away. They’ve held up so well after washing them too- if anything they are softer.
I chose the stone color and I LOVE it! A subtle gray that literally goes with anything but doesn’t show everything. They offer their towels in either white or stone. I mean you can’t go wrong with white or gray- so chic!
Where To Buy:
You can shop The Graces Towels here! I would recommend getting the Signature Seven Piece Set. You get 2 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 1 bath mat. A great way to start! Check out all their offerings here!
Have you used The Graces Towels before?
I created The Green Beauty Gift Guide for the women in your life. From your mom, sister, grandma, and best friend- there’s something for everyone. Look no further. I’ve rounded out some of my favorite gift ideas in green beauty. Also, check out all of the green beauty sales here! Check back for more gift guides coming soon!
1. Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Bamboo Muslin Cloths- I even have these on my wish list! Not only are they organic but naturally anti-bacterial from the bamboo. These scream luxe and are the perfect gift for any women in your life! Snag it here!
2. Maya Chia Waterless Wonderbalm- This balm is all around luxe and such a treat to put on any time you need a little extra moisture. It smells divine too! Get it here!
3. Beauty Heroes Subscription- This is the IT green beauty box! Give the gift that keeps on giving even after Christmas. This beauty box is delivered monthly to your door and it’s filled with the best of the best. The perfect gift for any women who loves green beauty! Get your subscription here!
4. The Unveil Cleanser Melt- This cleanser is in a league of it’s own. I try so many products and I used this cleanser all up- to the very last drop! It’s so good. There isn’t a skin type it doesn’t work for. It removes makeup, balances skin and foams up even a little. Grab one here!
5. Crunchi Foundation Brush- I don’t think people realize how amazing a foundation brush is until they finally use one. This foundation brush takes the cake! I even use it for blush and bronzer- it’s really for anything! Get one here!
6. Kjaer Weis Lip Brush- Trust me when I say a lip brush is a game changer for applying flawless lip products. I use one for everything, from lipsticks, lip balms or pots. It creates such a seamless look. Get yours here!
7. Agent Nateur Holi Rose Deodorant- I’ve been coming back to this deodorant because it’s SO good! It keeps me smelling fresh for multiple days and glides on so easily. The rolls royce of natural deodorants. Snag this for someone special here!
8. Lotus Wei Mists- These are made with pure flower essences and smell divine. Each scent corresponds with a certain state of mind. In the mini collection you’re able to try all of the scents. Plus, these are perfect for travel! Get your collection here!
9. Hush and Dotti Mascara- This mascara has been a recent find within the last two months and I haven’t been able to put it down. It gives me definition and length. A great all around mascara minus the chemicals. What women doesn’t want a good mascara? Get your tube here!
10. Lazy Perfection Petite Brushes by Jenny Patinkin- These petite vegan brushes are perfect for any women wanting to get their hands on some great brushes but without breaking the bank. The 5 piece set gives you everything you need to start taking your makeup looks to the next level. Grab your set here!
See anything you have to snatch for someone?
What are some gifts you’re giving for the holidays? Stay tuned for more gift guides coming soon!
When Glowing Beets contacted me about reviewing their beauty box, I was pretty excited! What is a beauty box? It’s carefully selected beauty products ranging from skin care, makeup, hair products, nail products and so on…you get the picture. You get this goodie box monthly, and best of all with a Glowing Beets Beauty Box, all the products are clean and green! So you don’t have to worry about getting a side of toxins with any product.
Why Glowing Beets? Well, for starters they include high quality indie brands and they make it so simple. Their website alone is so easy to navigate and browse. They have one box, it’s $29.95-a steal for high end green beauty products. The boxes are all the same, but may vary slightly. For ex. some boxes may get a different lipstick color, but they’re all from the same brand. All boxes are shipped at the end of the month once you’re a subscriber, and if you order during the month it will be shipped out within a few days, up until the 15th of the month. You can sign up for one box, otherwise you will be billed monthly.
I love the concept of Glowing Beets for those who are new to the green beauty scene. They give you a good selection of products, so you’re able to test them out without making a big commitment at first. They also offer special discounts to those brands if you do like them-how cool is that?! Glowing Beets does the research for the best product so you don’t have too. They include a card in each box that lists what the products are. I have received two boxes from them and I’ve loved each of them!
The October box is the one I’ll be reviewing today and it’s a good one.
I had never heard of this brand before getting their shea butter in my Glowing Beets Box-but I am huge fan now. I scoured their website too and they offer everything from baby and mama care, to face care and body care. I was so impressed with their sourcing. Shea Terra Organics sources the most potent, organic and wild harvested ingredients from across Africa. This pristine environment, little tainted by modern pollution, grows some of the safest, unchanged botanical ingredients on earth. Unwilling to compromise, Shea Terra Organics uses whole herbs for its potent, synergistic benefits. This shea butter smells like the tropics-a perfect blend of lime and coconut. It melts right into your skin and leaves behind no greasy residue. It’s pack full of all the good stuff too! Aloe vera, pumpkin seed oil, shea butter and essential oils. The 10z. jar is the perfect size to take on a trip too. You guys need to check out their stuff! They also have so many other tantalizing scents available. $6
This lip gloss smells so insanely good! The peppermint oil in it is so soothing and refreshing. I received the color Sweet Plum. It’s a great nude color with a hint of plum. You can put it on thick or just add a touch over your favorite lipstick. The ingredients are top notch and so minimal. I had never heard of Sally B’s before Glowing Beets either. The gloss itself is gluten free, non-gmo, and so hydrating! It’s also isn’t goopy either likes some glosses. It provides the perfect pop of shine and color. They also carry skin care products, body products and even offer facials if you’re in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Check out more of their gloss colors online. $18
Ohh…sort of in love with this product! It smells like Hawaii in a nutshell-no joke. It’s pure coconut goodness. It’s meant to give you texture and enhance waves. For those with curly hair, it enhances what you already have and for those with straight hair it brings some wave and texture to your hair. I would curl my hair then spray this on and loosely scrunch my hair. My hair would smell like a dream the whole day, and then the next day all I would have to do is spray a few squirts all over, scrunch and voila…instant beachy/tousled hair. You all need this. I love that this comes in a travel size too. I’ve been eyeing so many of Herbivore’s products. They offer everything from hair, skin, body, and even stuff for the man in your life. They also have the sea salt spray in lavender if coconut isn’t your thing. Check them out! $12
This cleanser has so many uses. From makeup remover to exfoliant-even a brightening mask. It has a hint of strawberry to the scent. What I love about this cleanser is I can literally use it to remove all my makeup-yes even eye makeup, and there is no stinging! It doesn’t leave your skin feeling dry, unlike many gel cleansers. I really feel this cleanser is named appropriately…it really does brighten my skin. Especially after using it as a mask. It does contain gluten…in case you you are allergic or try, and avoid it in skin care products. It does contain Phenoxyethanol-which is used as a preservative in cosmetics, however much reseaerch has been done on the effects of Phenoxyethanol on animals and they have concluded that it can cause neurotoxin damage and can be an irritant or allergen to some. I did call Indie Lee and spoke with one of the co-owners who was very pleasant and willing to answer any of my questions about their products. She did say that the percentage in the cleanser is .5% or less, and the phenoxyethanol that they use is from green tea extract and is not synthetic. As in all ingredients labels, the first ingredients are the ones most contained in a product, as the ingredients toward the bottom are the ones least contained. So it is a small amount and and it’s a cleanser, so in essence you are only having it on your skin for a short period before washing it off. I think in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge deal when it comes to other ingredients. However, I probably would not re-purchase just for the fact I would be using a lot of it over time. This is just my opinion. $32
This is a facial oil from Indie Lee as well. It contains Squalene Oil, which can be derived from several sources. One is Shark liver, the other is synthetically or from vegetable sources. I was so excited to hear that Indie Lee sources their squalene from the olives from Spain-how cool is that? This oil feels so good on you skin. One of the reasons I believe it feels so natural is because our skin naturally produces squalene oil. It helps protect from environmental toxins and helps to keep moisture levels intact. I loved putting this on at night and waking up with soft skin. My skin just drank it up. Oh and did I mention the only ingredient in this oil is Squalene?? That’s it! One more reason you guys need to snag this up. $32
This toner has the coveted antioxidant Co-Q10, known for it’s anti-aging properties. It’s a hydrating toner and helps to prep your skin for serums. It’s alcohol free which I love too. It does have Phenoxyethanol in it as I mentioned earlier in the post under Indie Lee’s Brightening Cleanser. Again, I don’t have a problem using this up, but not one I would pick up again and again because of the Phenoxyethanol. $3
Phew, this was a long review! I just received my November box and I’m so excited to share it with you guys next month. But if you made it this far in the review you get a serious reward! Sign up for your first Glowing Beets Box and get 30% off using code GG30! Check their site out here. Don’t miss out on this amazing deal and beauty box! Have you guys heard of Glowing Beets?