I’m back talking about Sprouts Community Giving + Vitamin Angels! This company really gets better and better the more I learn about them. They really have created such an amazing place for people to learn about health from the groceries they buy to helping support their local community.
Sprouts has moved beyond just making healthy living accessible and really embraces the important idea of giving back. I love that! Every year Sprouts supports local nonprofit organizations from food banks and service groups though in-kind and direct donations. SO amazing! They are really showing that healthy living starts with us and we can make a difference in our local communities.
Food Rescue Program
I’m also a huge fan of their “Food Rescue Program” that helps those in need by providing food, plus feed for animals and nutrients for agriculture soil. Sprouts takes food that can no longer be sold but is perfectly edible and donates it to local hunger agencies. The agencies then disperse them to families in need. Since the Food Rescue Program started in 2013, over 43 million pounds of food have been donated! SO cool! That’s 35 million meals. Even if the food is not ok to give to hunger relief agencies, it is then donated to local dairy farms and cattle ranches as feed. This offers a more nutritious feed, plus lowers greenhouse gas emissions. Finally, food is also donated as compost which makes the soil our crops grow in so much richer. Over 18 million pounds of food have been given since this was started in 2014. Sprouts is raising the bar when it comes to using all resources to create a positive change in the world.
Community Awareness + Giving
Sprouts really is all about being part of the community and giving back. They have supported 830 community events with volunteers and in-kind donations. This effort has reached over 2.75 million residents! I was also impressed with Sprouts efforts when it comes to national disasters. Sprouts has given over 16,000 pounds of food and water to those affected by Hurricane Harvey and Irma. It didn’t stop there, Sprouts also raised over $350,000 for the American Red Cross too! They also have this annual drive during the holidays called “Grab and Give” where they have provided over 2 million meals.
Vitamin Angels is a program that helps those in need and at high risk, such as expectant mothers, young children and new moms. It’s goal is to really serve undeserved communities around the U.S. and in 74 countries around the world. To learn more about Vitamin Angels, their financial transparency and accountability, head to vitaminangels.org.
The whole idea of Vitamin Angels was birthed out of a strong desire to give mothers and children the best possible life through nutritional help. Sprouts has committed with Vitamin Angels to help support their initiative to eliminate infant mortality due to vitamin deficiency disease by year 2030. This initiative will help mothers around the world get the prenatal vitamins they need to ensure healthy babies. What an amazing movement and cause to be a part of!
Since 2014 alone, Vitamin Angels and Sprouts have reached over 6 million kids with vitamin A and de-worming tablets. They are literally changing the course of these children’s lives one supplement at a time! Through August 29th at the Mill Creek Sprouts, every time a product is purchased from a list of more than 1,000 qualifying items throughout the store, .25 will be donated to Vitamin Angels. These add up quickly and provide change for so many!
As you can see, shopping at Sprouts is a no brainer. When you shop there you are creating ripple effects for generations to see!
I can’t wait for you all to experience Sprouts! If you’re in the greater Seattle area then put August 15th on your calendar, Sprouts grand opening in Mill Creek. This is the first Washington store! For more information on the Mill Creek opening check out the press release here.
Have you shopped at Sprouts yet?
So excited to share with you about Sprouts’ Grand Opening in Mill Creek Washington! I was first introduced to Sprouts’ on trips to California, and Texas and instantly fell in love with their whole philosophy and shopping experience. Then when I found out they were opening a store near me in Mill Creek in Washington state I was over the moon! Sprouts’ makes the whole process of buying whole foods easy and affordable.
The Mill Creek Sprouts’ opens on August 15th! This is Sprouts’ 18th state- so exciting! I can hardly wait- you could say I’ll be there with bells on. So what makes their shopping experience so special. Well, several reasons. One of the biggest reasons I’ve loved shopping there is because they offer fresh, natural, and organic foods at great prices!
Why I Love Shopping at Sprouts:
- It’s my one stop shop for eating real, whole foods. I can buy not only my produce there, but my meat, dairy products, natural body care and household items. They cover the whole spectrum when it comes to health and wellness. I can get all I need in one trip! Something that makes this mama very happy.
- Sprouts’ makes eating healthy affordable. Often you hear eating healthy is expensive. But when shopping at Sprouts’ you can be sure you’re getting the best deal. They make healthy eating accessible for anyone. They just recently opened their 300th location! Their produce selection alone is always 20%-25% lower than traditional grocery stores.
- They carry around 18,000 products, 90 percent of which are natural or organic! How cool is it to know you’re shopping at a grocery store that takes natural and organic food seriously and embraces healthy living.
- I love how specific Sprouts’ gets with their quality and product selection. When shopping at Sprouts’ you can know exactly what you’re buying with their specific health attributes. For ex. you can see if meat is grassfed, or if cheese is raw or organic by their easy to read labels. They also have highly trained butchers that can cut anything to your liking, share tips, best practices and recipes. Plus, they are able to sell quality meat that’s never frozen.
- Great for healthy on the go. Their market deli is a great option for those who are in a hurry and need quick options for eating real food. You can make your own sandwiches, grab a fresh juice, grab some salad from the salad bar or soup.
- One of my favorite things is the wide array of natural body and beauty options available. I literally can grab some deodorant and toothpaste when picking up my groceries- I love how easy Sprouts’ makes living a natural lifestyle. You can even grab your supplements from there too! Say goodbye to running to several different stores- Sprouts’ has streamlined the whole experience.
- Their weekly ads. Their weekly ads are great because you can see what’s on sale! They organize it so well from bulk sales, produce sales, dairy, etc. Making it so easy to help plan out your meals based on what’s on sale.
- Sprouts’ App. The Sprouts’ app is something I just discovered but will be using a ton! It shows you their weekly ads easily, offers mobile coupons to save the most on items you love and helps you earn check marks on certain purchases with their Checkout Challenges. When you earn check marks you’re able to unlock instant rewards at checkout.
As you can see there are so many reasons to love Sprouts’! One of the things I noticed right away with Sprouts’ was how it didn’t feel overwhelming. Many times grocery stores are so large and you can get lost but not with Sprouts’. Yet, I love how it’s bigger than many small health food stores. I don’t feel like I have to stop anywhere else because Sprouts’ offers it all.
I can’t wait for you all to experience Sprouts’! If you’re in the greater Seattle area then put August 15th on your calendar, Sprouts’ grand opening in Mill Creek. This is the first Washington store! For more information on the Mill Creek opening check out the press release here.
Will you be at the Sprouts’ Mill Creek Grand Opening? Have you shopped at Sprouts’ before?