I’ve rounded out my favorite organic/natural bedding on the blog today! So you all know I’ve been on the hunt for some non-toxic bedding options. As we’ve slowly renovated our bedroom it was a goal of mine to swap out our bedding. I did have some sheets that were bamboo but they were 5 years old and needed an update. Plus, they always came off our king size bed- not a fan!
I was able to test out a couple different sheet options. A higher budget option and a lower budget option. They both worked out great and I would recommend them each. Now you might be thinking why make the switch to organic sheets or bedding? Well, there’s a lot of factors at play. Allow me to explain.
Since we spend about a 1/3 of our life in bed it’s important to know what were sleeping on. Cotton is one of the most heavily sprayed crops. Being doused with synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. However, that’s not the only thing we should be concerned about. Sheets often contain formaldehyde, and toxic dyes too. There are also toxic softeners that are used now on bedding, creating a recipe for a toxic sleep experience!
Obviously it can be hard to throw out all the old bedding at once but I recommend starting with one room and slowly doing it when you can. I recommend starting with your sheets and towels since they are right next to your skin.
What to look for when buying organic sheets?
- Look for sheets that are certified organic by the GOTS- Global Organic Textile Standard. For more info. on GOTS click here. This standard ensures the product is made without any toxic chemicals and that at least 90% of fibers are organic. Also, no child or slave labor. It’s peace of mind when buying the sheets if you see this label. It means the sheets were made using pure and clean standards.
- Avoid sheets or blankets that say “Wrinkle Resistant”, “Easy Care”, or “Permanent Press.” These words indicate that formaldehyde resin was used in the process and it will NOT rinse out.
- BE AWARE- just because a sheet set says “organic cotton” does not mean they’re certified organic. It may indicate the cotton was grown organically but after that the fabric was processed with toxic chemicals.
- Look for Oeko- Tex Certified Sheets. These sheets may not be grown organically but they are tested for unhealthy chemicals in the final product. These often tend to be a little less expensive and easier to find. For more on Oeko- Tex Certification click here.
So what did I end up for my bedding?
SOL Organics- These sheets are what luxury is made of! They are made with fair trade certified cotton, and certified organic cotton. The second party certifications include GOTS, Oeko-Tex and FLOCERT- a global fair trade certification. These 300 thread count cotton sheets wrap you up in softness the minute they touch your skin! They come in a variety of colors too. We chose white and are happy with how crisp and clean they look. They also have 3 different sheet sets. You can get a hemmed version, classic or pleated. We got the hemmed version. Each set comes with two pillow cases, a fitted sheet and a flat sheet. And yes they stay on our mattress too! They also come in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, Cal King and Split King. Can’t say enough about these luxury sheets. They also offer organic duvet covers and bedroom sets that include the duvet and sheet set. They were kind enough to offer a discount for my readers. Use coupon code: GGG25 for 25% off all products over $99, plus free shipping within the U.S. Shop here for all bedding!
Target Organic Sheet Sets- Now you can find organic sheet sets at Target even. I bought a set to try out for you guys too. I wanted to give you a budget friendly option. These sheets are also certified by GOTS and Oek0-Tex. The king size comes in at $55.99- not bad for a toxin free sheet option. These also come with two pillow cases, fitted and flat sheet. They aren’t as silky soft as the SOL Organics. They have a stiffer feel and texture to them. Some people may like that feel, others may not. It’s obviously your preference. My hubs could tell a difference when comparing the Target sheets to the SOL Organics. I think these would be a great option for kids, who may not notice. However, for adults it might be nice to splurge a little on the SOL Organics! These come in some fun prints if your into printed sheets. We got the White- which does have some grey lines going across it but they call it White. Check out the Target sheets here!
Coverlet/Euro Shams- I ended up going with a West Elm Coverlet cover. I used to have a duvet cover and down cover but due to allergies and not having a big enough washer to properly wash it all the time(hello dust mites) I ended up going with just a bedspread. It’s organic and super chic if I do say so myself! They have shams as well that I got to match as you can see above. I got the euro shams. I went with the frost gray color and really love it. I really like how the coverlet isn’t stiff feeling and is soft and cozy. West Elm also has more options for organic bedding too. Check out the coverlet I got here!
Plisse Blanket- This is an organic cotton blanket my friend Steph from @stephdufordlifestyle had recommended to me from West Elm. She had raved about them and I knew once I started detoxing my bedding I was going to snag one of these for the bed. It’s such a perfect layering blanket. We have our sheet down first, then this Plisse blanket. It gets softer the more you wash it too! We got ours in the color white. I like having a couple layers of blankets on the bed and this is a perfect fit. Get your Plisse blanket here!
Oeko-Tex Blanket- Ok, so I wanted a warmer blanket for during the winter to layer on my bed. I knew in the summer I would take it off. I found one from Target that I like. It isn’t organic, however, I was ok with that. My biggest concern was that it was at least Oeko-Tex certified. As mentioned above they test for harmful substances once the product is made. I was excited to see how many options for Oeko-Tex were at Target! I was ok with it not being organic since it’s not directly touching my skin and it’s Oeko-Tex Certified. Check out all the blankets here!
Nightstands- The nightstands are from All Modern and they’re made from a combination of real wood and manufactured wood. I wasn’t as concerned with the nightstands since they’re a lot smaller piece of furniture. Plus, I let them air out in the garage for a week and outside when it was sunny to help off gas as much as possible. There wasn’t a strong smell at all once we brought them in. Here are the nightstands I got from All Modern!
Lamp- The lamps I got from All Modern too. I had been eyeing them for a while. I love anything with gold and these just make a statement! Check out the lamps here!
Bed Frame- I’ve been searching for a new bed frame for a while. I had some strict guidelines when looking. It had to be made of real wood- no particle board or manufactured wood because of the chemicals involved in the process. Since a bed is such a large piece of furniture I didn’t want it off gassing harmful fumes. It also couldn’t be cloth or fabric. Although I do like the look of the cloth headboards, from research I’ve learned how dust mites can live in them! Plus, I wondered how they would really get clean, since you can’t take the cloth off. After much looking I landed on the West Elm Mid Century Modern Bed. It’s not only made with real wood but fair trade as well. The price wasn’t so crazy either. I found most furniture made from all wood can be very costly. I’m SO happy with the purchase! It didn’t even have a smell when we opened it other than just a pleasant real wood smell. My hubs was impressed with how well it was made too. Can’t recommend it enough! Check out the West Elm Bed Frame here!
That sums up my organic/natural bedding review! Did you see anything you like?
Why I love raw veggie bread? I thought you would never ask?! Ok, you actually have and that’s why I’m finally writing this post. My friend Deanna from @realfoodlab on Instagram is the creator and expert behind raw veggie bread and I totally blame her for getting me hooked- in the BEST possible way!
I remember seeing Deanna post about Raw Veggie Bread before and being totally intrigued by the whole process. A bread that is full of veggies, so nutrient dense and actually tastes good? I mean sign me up already! Even though the bread sounded amazing, I was intimidated to start. In fact I just didn’t for the longest time. I had all the tools- dehydrator, veggies and recipes but couldn’t bring myself to make it. After talking with others I’ve learned I’m not the only one who’s done this! It does seem intimidating, but can I let you in on a secret? It’s not! I don’t know how many people after they started to make it realized how easy it is and wonder why they didn’t start sooner.
Bottom line: Just start making it! The more you make it the better you’ll get.
One thing I can’t recommend enough is to buy the E-Course from Deanna from @realfoodlab. It’s the secret sauce! A lot of people have complained to me that it doesn’t work, or they haven’t gotten their breads to turn out. But when I ask them if they’ve bought the course they tell me they haven’t. Trust me when I say the process of making the raw veggie bread will go SO much easier when you buy the E-Course. Deanna the creator of the course has been doing raw veggie bread for 10 years and knows her stuff. She literally has come up with over 100 recipes in her E-Book and walks you through the process in her 7 videos in the course too. If you want to save yourself time and money then get the course! She knows just the right variations to make the bread turn out great each time.
What does the course include:
- 103 page eBook that includes raw veggie bread recipe book and manual
- 7 detailed how-to-video tutorials- learn how to transform boring veggies into tasty breads, wraps and crackers
- Veggie bread trouble shooting lesson
- Home-made nut butter tutorial
- Nut-free and seed-free options
- Plus, creative ways to get your child to eat more veggies
- Dozens of low-carb and keto friendly desserts
- Bonus: Lifetime Acces to bonus recipes and tutorials
It’s kind of amazing the amount of content you get for the price of $79! I have the course and was blown away by the amount of info. Deanna gave. I felt so empowered and ready to start making raw veggie bread.
I did an Instagram Live with Deanna recently to help people see how easy it is to make the raw veggie bread and answer some questions. You can watch the video here! I also have received a lot of questions since talking about it on Instagram and Facebook. Below I’m answering all of the most asked questions.
What’s in raw veggie bread?
Veggie bread is a combination of nuts, seeds, veggies, oils, herbs and spices. The combination gives you such a nutrient punch. From healthy fats to antioxidants- you’re body will thank you!
How I eat the raw veggie bread?
So many ways! Here are a few of my favorites. Instead of using a traditional wrap I just use a veggie wrap! From egg wraps to turkey wraps- I mean if you can wrap it then I veggie wrap it! I also love cutting up the bread into cracker sizes and using it as a dip in hummus or any other type of dip. It’s also SO good on it’s own. The flavors in the raw veggie bread come out so vividly in the bread. Trust me when I say it will be hard to not stop eating it. It’s addicting! We also love using it as a patty for hamburgers, the list is endless.
I’ve never eaten so many veggies in my life!
How many times a week do I make it?
I make the raw veggie bread twice a week usually. I make two batches typically each time. It ends up accounting for two recipes I make from Deanna’s eBook. The dehydrator has trays and I end up with 4 trays filled each time I make it. Sometimes 5 trays depending on the recipe. This is split between my husband and two daughters who are 3 1/2 and 17 months. They like eating their raw veggie bread with hummus especially!
Do you buy your produce all at once?
I do! I buy everything on Sunday usually and then will make a batch that day and then another batch on Wednesday night or Thursday. This ensures we always have veggie bread. I’ve learned my veggies are great even after being in the fridge for a couple days. If you’re concerned about your veggies going bad, check out these OXO Good Grips GreenSaver Produce Keeper !
Do you store veggie bread in fridge or on counter?
I store my veggie bread on the counter in a Stasher Reusable Silicone Food Bag usually. If we are going to be gone and not eat it right away I’ll store it in the fridge. But we eat it so quick I never have to worry about it going bad! If you like your veggie bread extra moist, then you may want to stick it in the fridge just to make sure it doesn’t get moldy.
What dehydrator do you use?
Yes, a dehydrator does make the raw veggie bread work. Some people have asked if they can use an oven. You could try but the whole point is to keep all the enzymes intact by using a temp of 115 or lower. Deanna goes over this in her course too. I use the Excalibur dehydrator. There are many different models. But they all look about the same and work great! You can get them off Amazon for a great deal, especially if you get a used one. Typically the used ones aren’t really used but just opened and then returned. A great way for you to save some money!
One thing I wanted to mention too is the kale chip recipes you get in the eBook. I’ve never tasted kale chips that were so good until I had Deanna from @realfoodlab kale chips- SO tasty! We makes these weekly and my daughters love them too.
Deanna answers so many questions in her course too. If you want to take your healthy eating to the next level then get the course and start becoming a raw bread machine! Get the course here!
So excited to share with you guys my 4 Year Blogging Anniversary Celebration! I still can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I started blogging- where does the time go? As much as I would like to say it’s been easy breezy, that’s so far from the truth! I mean I have two kids- enough said! As most of you know, the journey started for me after I read the book No More Dirty Looks 7 years ago. It literally changed my life. I really wanted to start a blog right then and there, but didn’t muster up the courage until many years later.
I’ve never shared my feelings about blogging. I usually just talk about green beauty, green living and all of that good stuff as you all know. But the truth is blogging can be very isolating at times, especially in the beginning. Most people don’t understand bloggers. When I tell people I blog, I usually get a, “Oh cool, such a nice hobby as a mom huh?” Or “So do you actually make money?” My favorite is when people find out you blog and the conversation just ends. Yeah, that one’s not awkward at all. Never mind the fact that once they actually figure out I blog, they get perplexed by what I actually blog about…”So green lifestyle, what does that mean?”
Now if I told people I’m an accountant, a doctor, a nurse- easy. Oh cool! My sister’s a nurse, I studied accounting, or tell me more about your field of medicine. It isn’t that I don’t think they’re not interested, I just think they don’t even know what to ask. I played basketball all throughout school and my dad would always encourage me strongly to practice in the off season- none of my friends were. He would come with me and have me do drills, shoot so many shots, and play against guys at our local gym. It was hard. But guess who had the best shot on the team? Me, but because I worked my butt off to get there. I still remember shooting the ball from half court my sophomore year in high school with seconds left- boom it went in!
I say all of this because I’ve always felt a desire to do something, be different, create change, you get the picture. I’m SO thankful there are people that want to be nurses, accountants(my dad), doctors etc…because we need them! But for me, I love creating and I LOVE blogging. If I could encourage anyone, it would be to go after your dreams and be relentless in pursuing them. Don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done- it can! Anything is possible with hard work and dedication.
In honor of my 4 year blogging anniversary I’m giving away 9 of my very favorite green beauty products! Products that I go back too and are staples. I’m dishing on them below and also teaming up with all the companies to give them away this week- so stay tuned! Keep reading to get the full scoop on all my faves.
What’s up for grabs this week for giveaways??
- Active Enzyme exfoliator- The name Josh Rosebrook alone sets any product apart. This product works like a dream. My skin literally is renewed and so smooth after application. He uses both an enzyme exfoliant and a mechanical exfoliant in this baby. The perfect blend of herb and fruit enzymes with the mechanical exfoliant of walnut shells, give skin the ultimate treat. The texture is similar to a wet sugar mixture but with much finer granules. It smells like black licorice to me-which I don’t mind. A little goes a long way, so you’ll have this for a bit. I like using Josh’s Hydrating Accelerator before applying the exfoliant-this helps to prep my skin by opening up my cells. Massage gently onto skin, and leave on for 10 minutes to 1 hour for maximum benefit. A great exfoliant for those with any skin type. $60
- Josh Rosebrook Hair Spray- Haven’t found one that performs better than this. It holds my hair, isn’t sticky feeling, doesn’t weigh it down but gives it lift and smells great! (Works on everyone)
- 2 Osmia Bar Soaps- If you’ve been around long enough you know I love these soaps. They are seriously luxe. I’ve tried a couple different scents but I can’t get enough of the Coffee Mint. It wakes you up with the all too familiar smell of coffee and energizes you with the scent of mint. I’m obsessed. My hubs and I fight over it. Unlike a lot of bar soaps that leave your skin feeling dry, Osmia soaps are the opposite. These soaps truly leave your skin feeling clean and not stripped of moisture. Did I mention they’re beautiful too? Yes, you hardly want to use it when you first open it because it looks like a work of art. These make great gifts too. I’ve given several away and people are always amazed at how great they feel. And they say green beauty isn’t as good-no it’s better.
- Brightening Mask- This mask is a new addition to my skincare routine. It’s so special and I haven’t been able to stop using it- the performance is amazing! This mask is unlike any mask I’ve tried and it performs unlike any mask I’ve used for brightening. The mask is for sun damaged, mature skin and is packed full of potent vitamin c. I also has a blend of active ingredients. It literally is a blend of plants and essential oils- no crazy preservatives. It’s in powder form too, so the ingredients are very potent because there is no water dubbing them down. When you add water, it activates the mask right then and you’re getting the best stuff! Since it’s in a powder form and contains plants, it does have bits and pieces here and there. But I love that about it! You are literally using the earth to nourish and treat your skin- how cool!
- Highlight of the Day- This bottle is filled with liquid radiance- I know sounds too good to be true, but it’s not. It comes in two shades. Golden hour- a golden, warm champagne radiance and Happy Hour- a cool pink toned radiance. You apply it really however you want! I love applying mine on my upper cheek bone, bridge of my nose, in the upper middle section of my brows, cupid’s bow, and middle of chin. All the normal places you would use a traditional highlighter. You can even apply it on the inner corners of your eyes to wake them up. You can apply it over your foundation or mix it with your foundation or just where it by itself. I’ve done them all, and love the effect it gives. You literally look like your lit from within. I have both shades and equally love how they both look. As a mom, these have been serious game changers!
- The Super Couple Serum- I did a whole YouTube video on this product. You can watch it here. So why all the fuss? Well, for starters it melts right into your skin. No oily residue at all. Perfect for at night, and during the day before makeup. It evens my skin tone out and my skin never looked better-I know big statement but it’s true. I have this one spot on my left cheek side and it has some hyper pigmentation and it faded quite a bit after I had been using Maya Chia. My skin looked less red and just overall smooth. Trust me when I say I get a lot of product to sample as a beauty blogger, so when I actually go through a product it’s a big deal. This serum is on the last few drops. It has the same anti-aging benefits as the Super Blend-Pressed Serum Moisture Concentrate. Filled with vitamin C, CoQ10 and the beloved antioxidant asthaxanthin. This serum doesn’t mess around and truly delivers! Great for even the most sensitive skin types. I even use it under my eyes and it works. Say goodbye to dark circles. Guys, this stuff is the real deal. It has a slight pinkish color which actually gives your skin a glow-I love it!
- Eye Brow Cream- Can you say favorite eyebrow filler? Well, I just did. This is hands down my favorite eyebrow definer I’ve used. Why? Well, first the ingredients are awesome and it doesn’t have any fillers like dimethicone which is in a similar brand I used to use. It doesn’t go on super heavy either. So many cream eyebrow fillers can have you looking like Cleopatra but not this one. I always get an even natural look. I have the color Espresso-the perfect color for dark brown eyebrows. It also works great as a cream liner!! I line my eyes with it and then will add a little dark brown shadow over the top to set it-perfection. I can’t say enough about it! Plus, it’s actually pretty budget friendly compared to others on the market.
- Nocturne Mascara- This is my favorite mascara-my go too! If you’ve followed me long enough, you know I’m obsessed! In fact, I need to order some more-almost out. It gives my lashes volume, separation and length-what more do you want? It’s the holy grail of green beauty mascaras in my opinion. Doesn’t clump but lifts my lashes. I get the dramatic lashes I used to get from mainstream brands, but could never quite get from green beauty formulas. I love the brush too! I know mascara can be such a personal pick but for me this is it.
- Shampoo and Conditioner- If you’ve thought that no natural shampoo and conditioner will work for your hair, think again. The shampoo suds up like a mainstream shampoo, but without the harsh chemicals. The conditioner doesn’t leave that greasy oil residue…you know that feeling I’m talking about! Need, I say more? Not really, but I will because I just can’t help myself! It smells insanely good, fresh like everything they make does. They also come in recyclable metal bottle pumps, that literally look so luxe in the shower. I promise you won’t be disappointed, this stuff is amazing and worth every penny, and that says a lot coming from a stylist.
Max and Me-
- Circle of Protection- It’s a body oil, but it’s hard to even call it “just” a body oil. It really is something so much more. The ingredients include some of the best organic oils. From argan, rosehip, marula and magnolia, just to name a few. The oil is thicker in consistency but not greasy feeling at all. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave a weird residue. Your skin feels perfectly hydrated and not wet feeling. I have to tell you about the smell-so wonderful! With notes of jasmine, geranium, and rose that literally awaken your senses and uplift you. It isn’t a strong smell at all. I can lightly smell it throughout the day, which I love. I apply mine after the shower once I’ve towel dried off. My pores in my skin are open from the warm shower and they drink in this beautiful oil. Suffice to say I can’t get enough!
- Mermaid Mask- This mask is seriously so good. I was out of it for several months(shame on me) and the first time using it again I promised to never be without it again! This green goodness makes me happy every time I put it on. Many people ask what mask they should buy when transitioning to green beauty and this is it! I promise you will love it and thank me. Her mask is a little piece of heaven. With ingredients like Chlorella, sea buckthorn, spirulina and raw honey, this mask is pure decadence. A lot of masks moisturize after wearing, but you don’t notice a visible difference to the naked eye. Not the case with the Mermaid Mask, you’ll be glowing! It smells so insanely good too. You’ll be tempted to eat it. Also, the price point for this mask is crazy awesome…$32! A serious steal! This mask is great for everyone. Acne skin, pre-mature, congestion, dryness and redness. Oh and P.S. when you buy it you must know that there is this thing called Mermaid Mask Monday on social media where all the mermaids come out and wear their mask-so you best show up!
These products speak for themselves! Follow along on my Instagram this week for all the giveaways! See any faves?
It’s finally here-My Crunchi Review! It’s definitely been a long time coming. I’m so excited to finally share all the details about this amazing line of clean makeup. It really is something special. The line was started by two friends Melanie Petschke, a nurse practitioner, and Kelly Weston, a Business and Sales Professional, who had a passion for clean living and wanted makeup that not only performed but also was completely toxin free. After speaking to Melanie several times, I’m not only impressed with her kindness and willing to answer all my questions but also her knowledge on ingredients-the girl knows her stuff!
I really love their mission-
We use ingredients that won’t put your health at risk, because we believe that should never even be an option. We are setting a new standard for cosmetic safety, and ultimately, redefining what it means to be beautiful. We don’t sacrifice for performance. Our line of cosmetics perform at the highest level, without the need for toxic ingredients. We are giving beauty a new meaning. We are Crunchi.
They take ingredient quality to the next level. Their products can have many badges. From gluten free, certified organic, vegetarian, vegan, non-gmo, cruelty free, toxin free and made in the USA. You could say they go the extra mile. While the ingredients chosen are mostly organic or Eco-Cert, they do have a handful of synthetics in their products that they’ve carefully chosen. And they’re not trying to hide the fact that they have them in their formulations either-something I love about the brand. Let’s face it-sometimes you need a synthetic in makeup for performance. Of course the synthetics are completely benign and not toxic or harmful in any way.
Want to geek out more over ingredients? Then head to their website where they have an ingredient glossary dedicated to sharing the ingredient and what products it can be found in. They also have a list of blacklisted ingredients. And if that isn’t enough they have a very informative FAQ section. In other words, they’ve done their research and know their product. I really love their whole philosophy and dedication to quality.
I’ve been on the edge of my seat to share all the details! I have on all Crunchi makeup in the photos below, except eyebrow cream, which is Hynt Beauty, and luminizer, which is Maya Chia Highlight of the Day in Golden Hour.
This primer is a serious fave! It goes on like a really lightweight lotion. Isn’t greasy and creates a perfect canvas for my foundation. It wakes up my face with the aloe in it and leaves it feeling so hydrated and smooth. It dries quickly too. I still use a moisturizer before applying the primer, but that could change as the weather starts to warm up. I also have drier skin too, those with oily skin may find this is perfect. Trust me, this product is so good and a must have. I’m obsessed! Snag a primer here!
This and the primer together are a match made in makeup heaven. The foundation is so dewy and creamy. It literally glides on your face. I’m wearing the color Light. The coverage is great, very buildable, yet your skin doesn’t feel heavy at all. It also looks really natural. It covers my redness and creates an all around polished look. The wear time on the foundation is great too! I can put it on in the morning and by the end of the day it still looks so good. If you’ve been searching for a liquid foundation, get yourself a sample and try this one! A lot of people in the green beauty community have reservations about using dimethicone. However, after speaking to Melanie about this ingredient, and why it’s in the foundation, I’m confident using it. There is such a tiny amount and it helps give a nice slip to the foundation. They have not found dimethicone to actually penetrate the skin, because it is too large. There are many dimethicone sources that can contain toxic additives, however, Crunchi uses the purest singular form. Check out Crunchi’s website here for more information on dimethicone. I apply mine with their foundation brush-another must have item! I didn’t know a foundation brush could make such a difference, but it does! I just squirt the foundation right on the brush and apply it right onto my face. It’s a magical brush-trust me! Get the foundation and brush here!
This concealer is simple and effective. It gets rid of dark circles-hello mom eyes! Goes on smooth and doesn’t look cakey, you guys know what I mean. I applied this under my eyes and around my nose where I tend to get a little red. It isn’t heavy at all but a great lightweight concealer. If you want more coverage, you can just apply more concealer-so easy. It pairs great with the liquid foundation. Grab your concealer here!
I’m all about having a good bronzed glow! This bronzer delivers just that. It’s a loose powder, very buildable and has a slight shimmer in it. It creates an overall believable bronzey glow. You know the kind you want but can’t go to the beach for a week to get! To apply I would just tap a little into the cap and swirl a big powder brush in it. Then I would tap off the excess and apply to my face. The color will work for anyone. Get your Loose Bronzer here!
I tried a slew of Crunchi’s eyeshadow colors and loved them. I’m wearing a combination of the shadows, Allure, Fearless, Curiosity, Champagne Pop and Innocent. It’s hard to find true mattes in green beauty but Crunchi has a ton and they work so well. The lasting power of the shadow is amazing! I prep my lid as I’ve mentioned with their translucent powder, a cream eye primer and then apply the shadow. The shadow pops and stays the whole day. Their colors can be applied light or heavy depending on how much pigment you want. They also all work together so well. It’s easy to blend with them-love that. I created a lot of different looks wearing them. From subdued and natural for day time wear, to vamped up for at night. I even used some of the dark shadows for lining my upper and lower lash line-worked great! Get your eyeshadows here!
Often the true test of a line-their mascara. Boy was I excited when I tried Crunchi’s and it did what I had hoped it would! Big, separated, pigmented lashes. This is a new mascara favorite for sure! I had so many people comment on my lashes when wearing it. Some mascaras will sting my eyes when they get wet but not Crunchi’s. It checks all my mascara boxes! If you haven’t found a mascara yet in green beauty I recommend you sang this one up-it’s the real deal! Grab your mascara here!
This lipstick is hydrating and goes on so smooth. Some lipsticks can seem drying or thick but these are light and airy to me. I found with both colors I tried you can apply them light handed or heavy depending on the look you want. I found they lasted longer if I applied a lip liner. You can even add a little of their translucent powder on top to set them with and then apply a little more lipstick for an even longer lasting lip. I tried the colors Blissful and Pomegranate. Blissful is the perfect understated pink. Great for spring and summer. Pomegranate definitely brings out the inner vixen in anyone. It’s a darker berry color, great for fall and winter. Choose from a wide range of lipstick colors here!
A great non-sticky lip gloss. This smooth formula glides on and moisturizes your lips, without any gunk. It feels light on your lips and not heavy like some glosses. Perfect for layering over a lipstick. I tried the color Namaste, a perfect mauve gloss. So many colors to choose from, grab your gloss here!
That’s a wrap on my Crunchi review! This line is so good and delivers on every product. They’re clean, and effective-what more could you want?! I tried their whole product line and I can honestly say I’m impressed with the quality, ingredients, and longevity. Crunchi is on to something…and it’s so good!
Have you tried any Crunchi makeup products?