I’ve got my Top 3 Reasons I Shop at Pharmaca on the blog today! It’s no secret I’m pretty obsessed with Pharmaca– I mean you will be too by the time you’re done reading this post!
So why does this retailer take the cake- well keep reading to find out!
*This post does contain affiliate links. If you do purchase something from one of them I will receive a small commission.
1st- Pharmaca carries QUALITY products.
Yes, you read that right. It’s not some retailer selling random things. They carry all the big name green beauty brands, natural living brands and supplement brands. Plus, their selection is amazing!
2nd- It’s all in ONE place.
No more going back and forth between five websites trying to get green beauty brands in one place and supplements in another. Now, you can just do it all at once and save yourself some precious time.
3rd- Shopping at Pharmaca SAVES you money.
Yes, you heard me right! They are always having a great sale or gift with purchase. Plus, you get free shipping after $35- hello. Most retailers are $50 and higher.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to their website to purchase something and was amazed to find they also carried another one of my products too. Pharmaca has made my life more streamlined and easier as a mom and fellow natural living enthusiast.
Here are some products you can find at Pharmaca:
Some green beauty brands I love that they carry are:
Every month I’m working with Pharmaca to show you what you can get for $100(it’s pretty incredible). Here is this month’s order:
*These products were sent to me by Pharmaca, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
- 100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream This eye cream wakes up my tired mama eyes and helps minimize the puffiness. I’m so impressed with the price and the quality of the product! I even put mine in the fridge to help de-puff even more.
- 100% Pure Shampoo This shampoo works so well at cleaning my hair and really getting rid of the excess oil. It has a good suds to it and it smells minty fresh!
- 100% Pure Conditioner Love this conditioner paired with the shampoo. It works so well at getting my hair smooth but not oily or greasy. Great for the fine/thin haired gals!
- Radius Floss This floss is always the best deal on Pharmaca. I love knowing that it’s free from teflon and other chemicals they put on conventional floss.
- Himalaya Toothpaste I was excited to try this toothpaste for the first time. I had read rave reviews about it. I really like the formula. It isn’t overly foaming and my teeth feel clean and polished after using. I’ll have to wait and see how much it whitens but so far I’m impressed!
- Dr. Bronner’s Soaps Love these soaps in general, but love this convenient travel size for all my trips! You can use it to wash your hands, your body, even get a stain out of a shirt. I love the hemp scented one.
- Pharmaca Fill and Fly Soap Containers These are clutch when I need to pour some shampoo or conditioner into smaller containers for travel. I hate traveling with big toiletry items- these make traveling so much easier!
- U Konserve Stainless Steel Divided To Go Container U Konserve products make the best reusable plastic free products. I love this stainless steel divided container for snacks on the go with kiddos. Sometimes I don’t want snacks to touch or get squished by something else- this is perfect.
What do you buy at Pharmaca? Also, be sure to hit up their recent sale they’re having right now for 20% off!
Well, I’m back home from Indie Beauty Expo Dallas! It was so fun to connect with brands, speak on the Indie Beauty Panel and most of all meet blogging friends for the first time. It really is rare in life to find people who share your passions-kindred spirits for sure. I shared an airbnb in downtown Dallas with Lisa from This Organic Girl, Molly from MaisonPur, Sammie from Hullosam, and Amanda from A Beautiful Pursuit. I also had so much fun hanging out with Sarah from the blog Whoorl. These gals are gold and made the whole experience!
* A little disclaimer- the photos aren’t that great as far as lighting because the venue was tinted with lavender and green lights.
This is the first year Indie Beauty Expo was held in Dallas. It’s been held previous years in L.A. and New York City. I was excited to see Dallas added as a city last year! It’s a change of pace and a great half way point to meet friends who live on both coasts. It was more intimate than last year’s expo in L.A., but I actually enjoyed the smaller feel. It didn’t seem overwhelming, and was totally manageable for a two day event. I was able to hit all the vendors/brands I wanted and actually have legit conversations with them. Plus, experience all the extra amenities the expo had to offer such as the flower crown station, photo opps, and open bar.
- Flower Crown Station- It was so fun to walk around the event wearing a real flower crown! I felt like a green goddess!
- Speaking on the Indie Beauty Panel- Loved speaking on the panel about Indie Beauty and interacting with the audience during the Q&A.
- Hanging with my girls- It’s really all about bringing a friend and getting to experience the event with them!
- Meeting the owners of PLANT Apothecary and FitGlow Beauty- I’ve e-mailed with both these brands a lot but it was fun to finally put a face to the names. They’re both the sweetest!
- Finding NEW brands- Of course it wouldn’t be a beauty expo if I didn’t come home with some loot! It’s always fun to meet new brands and connect.
- Beauty Heroes Luncheon at True Food Kitchen- It’s so fun catching up with fellow Beauty Hero ambassadors and meeting new faces in the industry. I had the pleasure of meeting the founder Ashley from Au Naturale and chatting with her. Also, seeing Jeannie from Beauty Heroes and meeting Brandy from Thoughtfully Magazine was so fun!
Some brands I’m excited to try out and experience more are-
- Live Botanical-Organic, non-gmo, wild crafted, ethical, local, and fair trade. I’m already so impressed with this brand! I had the pleasure of talking with the founder and owner Carolyn at the expo and it was such a treat. Her passion for ingredients, and sourcing was so evident. I’ve already used the hyaluronic serum and I’m so impressed!
- Ayuna- I had heard great things about this line from the show in L.A. and could’t wait to check it out for myself! Made in Barcelona, this brand keeps things simple with their ingredients and line. Their theme is Less is Beauty. Formulated with cutting edge science, using phyto-peptides. They offer 4 products total and truly standby simplicity in everything. I can’t wait to dig in more!
- Province Apothecary- I’ve sampled their Eyebrow Serum in the past but was so excited to touch and feel the rest of their products. I took home a few of them to sample, one of them being their cleansing oil. I’ve heard rave reviews about it and can’t wait to use it. The line is created by an esthetician. I had the pleasure of speaking with the founder Julie and was so impressed with her knowledge of skin. She has some exciting things coming out in the next week!
- Whole Body Apothecary- I met the founders-also a couple, and they’re seriously the cutest! Not only are their ingredients top notch but they’ve done their research and know their stuff. It was fun talking shop with them. I snagged one of their handmade soaps and their deodorant. I’ve already used their soap and let’s just say I’ll be talking all about it soon-loved it! They even use natural ingredients like spinach to give the soaps color-nothing artificial. I also used the deodorant and I still smelled good at 9 pm-hello! More to come.
- Take My Face Off- This is such a new concept and I can’t wait to see what it’s all about! These little mitts help take your makeup off instead of a washcloth. Makes washing your face feel luxurious and fun.
Stay tuned for my full review of all these new skin treats! Let me know if you have any questions about the event. There’s still one more Indie Beauty Expo left! If you haven’t attended one this year hit up New York City’s happening this August 22-24.
Also, my friend Lisa(This Organic Girl) and I created an Organic City Guide and will be adding some of our fave organic hot spots we checked out in Dallas! One of them was Local Press + Brew above. To say we were in organic juice and coffee heaven would be an understatement-stay tuned for the full list!
It’s the start of a new month and with it brings another Beauty Heroes Discovery! This month it’s all about the luxurious Austrian skincare line Max and Me. I had never tried Max and Me until my Beauty Heroes box this month. I was so elated to see the brand in the box and learn all about what makes them so special. It truly is a unique brand, from their name, to the actual product. Before I dive into this month’s Beauty Hero, if you’re not familiar with Beauty Heroes keep reading below for all the details and why this beauty box delivers month after month.
Beauty Heroes was founded by Jeannie Jarnot. A longtime spa director herself and healthy beauty expert. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeannie at IBE, and she is truly one of the sweetest people. Beauty Heroes is a monthly beauty service that selects only the best clean beauty brands. Each month you can find one to two full size truly heroic products in each box. The products typically range from skincare to haircare products. However, every 3 months Beauty Heroes offers a makeup box as well that’s optional for members or non-members. I absolutely love their “Use Less, Love More” philosophy. By only getting one or two products, you allow yourself to truly experience them. Of course you can trust their picks, as they are strict on their integrity standards. What’s not to love about this whole concept? As a Beauty Heroes Ambassador, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to be part of such a movement.
Ok, now I can gush about this month’s Beauty Hero product!
First, I must explain a little more about Max and Me. Max and Me is a husband and wife team, Max and Tanja Gruber. The name, Max and Me, really is a representation of their love for each other. Their hope is that you feel the product in your whole being and feel the vibrations of it as you use it. It truly is an experience! You feel their sweet and tender love story coming through the product, and you can’t help but be grateful for your own loves that surround you.
Their passion is so evident in their products and ingredients as well. With organic and wildcrafted ingredients that perform to the highest standards. In the end, they even go beyond organic! Here is an exert from their website-
Max and Tanja lovingly source ingredients only from farmers, cooperatives and distillers who carefully harvest wild plants, or practice organic farming, in harmony with nature its seasons and its rhythm. We need them to consider plants as beings of light that are respected and revered.
The line is blended by hand in small artisan batches, making sure no detail is spared. After blending by hand, they are then bottled in violet/amber glasses to preserve and protect it. I loved reading that their whole process of creating and manufacturing Max and Me takes place in the midst of a flower garden-how appropriate. The care and attention to detail of this line is truly special.
The heroic product among the Max and Me line is the Circle of Protection. It’s a body oil, but it’s hard to even call it “just” a body oil. It really is something so much more. The ingredients include some of the best organic oils. From argan, rosehip, marula and magnolia, just to name a few. The oil is thicker in consistency but not greasy feeling at all. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave a weird residue. Your skin feels perfectly hydrated and not wet feeling. I have to tell you about the smell-so wonderful! With notes of jasmine, geranium, and rose that literally awaken your senses and uplift you. It isn’t a strong smell at all. I can lightly smell it throughout the day, which I love. I apply mine after the shower once I’ve towel dried off. My pores in my skin are open from the warm shower and they drink in this beautiful oil. Suffice to say I can’t get enough!
The sidekicks this month are a travel size Circle of Protection and a sample of Max and Me’s award winning Enchanted Face oil. The travel size can be given to someone special whom you want to experience the amazing oil or you can savor it for yourself and use it for travel. I’m going to gift mine to my mom with her Mother’s Day gift. She is the epitome of love and grace and I couldn’t think of a better oil for her to enjoy. The Enchanted Face Oil is another all star product among the Max and Me line. It got me addicted just long enough to realize how amazing it is and how much more I wanted of it! The oil smells so wonderful! I smell notes of rose, sandalwood, jasmine and lavender. The organic oils in the facial oil are some of the best. Including some of my favorite facial oils of argan, marula, pomegranate, primrose and macadamia oil. These oils work together to regenerate, protect and soothe the skin. It feels so rich going on and leaves your skin feeling balanced and moisturized. A rare and exquisite facial oil.
This month it’s all about the Circle of Protection and Beauty Heroes and Max and Me have created a unique opportunity for a global meditation. For more information and how to be a part, read more here.
Also, be sure to check out the Beauty Store here for all the best of green beauty. Every month Beauty Heroes offers a Love More Promotion. This offer is for non-members and members. This month’s Love More product is Ojai Wild’s Perfume. It’s a travel set of Ojai Wild’s perfume when you spend $125+ in the Beauty Store. ($42 value)
If you haven’t subscribed to Beauty Heroes this is the month-get on it! Have I mentioned the value you get in a Beauty Heroes Box? It’s crazy! This box alone was $95 in value. When you sign up for Beauty Heroes initially you pay for 3 months, which is $115. Which averages out to $38.33 a month…so you’re already paying for your first month’s box if you joined this month! I’m not a math wizard but that’s a deal. And you’re getting the best of the best every month in green beauty. Sign up here!
Have you used Max and Me in the past?
So excited for the third annual W.E.L.L. Summit! After hearing all about my girl Lisa’s(This Organic Girl) experience the last two years, I could hardly wait to attend this year with her! If you haven’t read about her experiences, be sure too here. As a mom, it’s easy to put yourself on the back burner. There’s always something to be done, and it never includes taking a few moments for yourself. However, I’ve learned how important it is to take time for yourself-mom or not. Not only do feel refreshed but better at life.
So what is the W.E.L.L. SUMMIT and why do I need to go? Great question! W.E.L.L. stands for Wellness, Empowerment, Learning and Luxury. Imagine a two day event that focuses on self improvement. From living well in your health, beauty, professional life, and taking some time to focus on you-this is W.E.L.L. Summit. Experts in their fields take the stage and you get to glean from them wisdom and nuggets. Not only will you get to hear them speak, but get up close and personal during break out sessions. To say you’ll leave inspired would be an understatement!
Take a look at last year’s video!
Here are all the deets-
- Confirmed speakers so far are Kathryn Budig, Sara Divello, & Ksenia Avdulova
- There will be complimentary Tenoverten manis at the W.E.L.L. Party Saturday night
- Summit dates Nov. 3-4, 2017 (Friday & Saturday)
- W.E.L.L. Summit takes place in NYC
- Grab a W.E.L.L. Discovery box-a special curated box filled with favorite W.E.L.L. brands. An over $80 value for only $39.95! Snag your box here!
Friday Ticket- $199
*VIP Ticket-(only 75 tickets available)includes VIP gift bag, overall a $150 more of free loot, VIP mentor session lunch Saturday, VIP lunch on Friday with tenoverten manicure bar, First access to register for breakout sessions on Saturday.
Friday – November 3, 2017
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm — General Admission Check In Pick up Nametag, Gift Bag and enjoy bites from our lunch partners: Inday
- 11:30am – 1:00pm — VIP Lunch
- 1:15pm — Official The W.E.L.L. Summit Kick off
- 1:30pm – 6:00pm — Speakers & Panels
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm — LIVE W.E.L.L. Party: tenoverten Manicure Bar
- 10:30pm – 11:30pm — Tea Time Chats
Saturday – November 4, 2017
- 7:30am – 8:30am — Check In
- 8:30am – 9:00am — Saturday Morning Kickoff
- 9:00am – 12:00pm — Breakout Sessions
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm — VIP Mentor Lunch Sessions
- 1:15pm – 5:15pm — Breakout Sessions
- 5:15pm – 6:00pm — Closing
I love that the Summit focuses on not just one aspect of living well but a well rounded approach. It’s often easy to just focus on one aspect. However, living well is so much more than just one area. If I’m not nourishing my body with the right foods, then my body can easily suffer and no magic product can cover that up, no matter how many beauty products I use. I want to live W.E.L.L. in every area of life! We are not separate entities, what we do and how we do it affects are whole body.
The W.E.L.L. Summit is a Curated Conference Promoting A 360° View of Wellness
This may sound like a far off fairy tale to some but to me it can be your reality. Often times we go about life and never really stop to ask ourselves the hard questions. Why not take a weekend to de-compress, focus on you, and hear what that inner voice inside is saying. There may be a dream or two that come rising up, or some clarity on the path you should take. Or it could be as simple as relaxing and having someone do your nails and listen to you talk and you don’t do dishes all weekend! Make the experience what you want.
What are my expectations of the event?
- Connect with like minded people
- Learn from top experts about living well in their niche
- Relax and Rejuvenate
- Discover new wellness brands
- Get pampered
- Excited to learn how to build the greatest acai bowl with Ksenia Avdulova
It’s easy to think the W.E.L.L. SUMMIT is for somebody else. But let’s be real, it’s for you. There’s always going to be an excuse of why you can’t go but the truth is you should be there. To take a few days and just soak up wisdom on health and wellness and get pampered in the process-who doesn’t want/need that?! Plus, I would love to meet you! This wellness journey is all about coming together and making each other better. We need one another and community. Meet me there and let’s live it up for two days in NYC! Grab your tickets here!