This month the Art of Organics September Box: Embrace is here! The theme Embrace is quite appropriate for the changing of seasons. As much as I love summer weather I do love fall/autumn and I’m ready to embrace it with open arms! This month we are seeing two different brands in the box. One is Odacite with it’s Aventurine Kiss Lip Serum and the other is Wabi Sabi with their Age Gracefully Targeted Treatment Serum. I had previously tried the Odacite’s Aventurine Kiss Lip Serum and was excited to see it in the box. I’m somewhat familiar with Wabi Sabi- trying one of their products in the past.
If you aren’t familiar with Art of Organics and this green beauty box, then keep reading as I explain why this box is one to get a hold of. Their belief is really simple-You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your health for beauty. I couldn’t agree more! Their goal is to bring people the cleanest, best, and most luxurious products. Claire the founder, has always been a beauty junkie and on the quest to purge her own makeup bag, she realized she wanted to share her journey with others and raise awareness. I noticed instantly after opening the box, the attention to detail. They name their boxes each month as well as follow a theme. The card inside describes the products in the box so well and gave directions for application. The box is $38, with a value of $70+ and features each month 2-4 full size products. They have high standards for their product selection, such as being cruelty free, organic and non-toxic. They have more specifics on the ingredients they don’t use here on their website.
Ok, on to the September review…
Art of Organics September Box: Embrace
I was pleasantly surprised by this lovely serum! Upon first use I noticed how rich of an oil it is. I love how it felt thicker but yet didn’t leave a greasy hue on my skin. I also noticed how their wasn’t much scent- it really smelled natural- haha, if that makes sense. When I looked further into the serum I read how it actually contains no essential oils or added fragrance. Something I was pretty excited about! Many people are so sensitive they can hardly tolerate even natural essential oils. This is a great product for them- very pure and unadulterated. It contains 3 powerful ingredients- organic cacay oil, organic acai fruit oil and organic green coffee oil. The formal is meant to help fight fine lines and wrinkles, as well as fight free radicals and provide fresh oxygen to the skin.
What I found very cool about the serum is that it can be used in multiple ways! You can use it as an eye serum around the eye area. As a finishing oil, like you would normally use an oil/serum at the end of your skincare routine, or add it in your favorite mask or add some to your favorite moisturizer. So many uses! I loved using it as an eye serum and as a finishing oil. It made my skin feel so supple and plump. Waking up from applying it at night I noticed my skin felt so lovely and redness was minimized. Overall, I was super impressed with the Serum’s performance! I found myself wanting to use it more and more.
Art of Organics September Box: Embrace with Wabi Sabi
This has been a staple in my routine since the beginning of summer! I just can’t get enough of it. I use it as the final step in my night time skincare routine. I love that my lips have a serum now too and not just my face! I had never used anything on my lips except a lip balm but then this genius product came along and I just can’t stop. It’s packed full of all the good stuff from CoQ10, vitamin C, moringa, and pomegranate. Helps with fine lines, and plumpness-(can I get an amen?!) It has a slight tingle when you apply it too. My lips feel smooth, and supple the next morning. I apply this first and then I add my lip balm after. I’ve noticed adding a little hydration after takes it over the top for the ultimate lip treatment!
This box is another great one from Art of Organics. Love being introduced to quality products but for a fraction of the cost! I would hop on this month’s box! Snag it here!
Still not sure what Art of Organics is? Well each month not only do you get quality products from Art of Organics but for a steal. You pay $39 each month and get access to some stellar green beauty. You can sign up for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months! At 6 and 12 months you start saving. Also, each month a theme is chosen around the box.
Sign up here!
Have you used any of the products in the box this month?
A lot of you have asked for a post of the best natural red lipsticks! I thought what better time to post it then in February- LOVE month! I’ve got photos of me wearing all my favorite natural red lipsticks below. Plus, I’m dishing on formula, longevity and all my tips for getting the perfect pout. Let’s just say you’ll be a red lipstick pro by the time you’re finished reading this post!
Tips for application-
- Always moisture your lips with a lip balm first. I love Vapour Organic’s Lip Balm. Who wants their lips to look cracked and dry when they have lipstick on top?!
- Even out your lips with a lip primer. I like Gabriel Lip Primer. This is a must! No one wants to compete with their natural lip color. This ensures your lips start out neutral before you apply any lipstick and the true color of the lipstick stands out.
- Wear a lip liner. I really love RMS Beauty lip liners or ZuZu Luxe lip liners. I always opt for a neutral color that matches the lips or a color that matches the lipstick. This helps to outline your lips beforehand so you know exactly wear to apply the lipstick. You can also make your lips more even or bigger if you want too. Plus, it helps the formula last longer.
- Always make sure your skin is polished and the redness diminished. If you have rosacea or redness like I do you’ll want to balance out your skin to bring it back to neutral. Too much redness with red lips is only going to emphasize more redness in your face and before long you may end up looking like you have a sunburn- ain’t no one got time for that! Do yourself a favor and use a concealer like W3ll People, RMS Beauty or Hynt Beauty to counter balance the redness.
- Use a lip brush. Lipsticks can be hard to apply sometimes. To make application a breeze I recommend getting a lip brush. Just swipe the lipstick with the lip brush and then you are able to get such a precise application. I like using W3ll People Deluxe Lip Brush Lip Brush or RMS Beauty Brightening Brush(technically not a lip brush but works so well).
- Once you’ve applied the lipsticks blot once with a piece of paper. People often say use a tissue but tissue pieces often get stuck on the lips. Paper doesn’t have that issue. This helps to set your lipstick and get a deeper pigment. Then lightly apply one more swipe of color right in the center of the lips and slightly blend out.
How to pick the right red for your skin tone-
- Red Heads- Use more brick toned reds, with orange undertones. Also, some corals are flattering on red heads.
- Fair Skin with Cool Undertones- Hues with more raspberry undertones warm up a fair skin with cool undertones.
- Light to Medium Skin- Use reds with more of a pinkish hue in them.
- Golden/Olive Skin- Deep rich reds add warmth and compliment golden skin.
- Medium Skin with olive/yellow undertones- You can rock orangey reds.
- Medium Skin with Golden Undertones- A true red is perfect on this skin tone. Make sure it doesn’t have blue undertones but orange.
- Medium Skin with Neutral Undertones- A true red works that doesn’t have too much orange or blue but meets in the middle.
- Tan with Warm Undertones- Orange Based Red.
- Dark with Warm Undertones- A blue based red compliments dark skin with warmth.
- Dark with Cool Undertones- Ruby red lipstick that’s a touch glossy to bring out lips. Also, wine reds or deep berry hues with a hint of moisture.
*There are some red lipsticks that have a bit of artificial dye in them. The amount is so small, however, I want you to be aware. I typically avoid artificial dyes, but I’m ok with it in a lipstick that I don’t wear that often. I labeled the brands below that do have a little dye so you know.
Gabriel Lip Primer-
RMS Beauty Lip Liner in Dressed Up Red- This does have artificial pigment.
RMS Beauty Lipstick in Russian Roulette- A deep berry red. Feels like a traditional lipstick. Has a satin to matte finish. This does have artificial pigment.
RMS Beauty Lipstick in Rebound- A ruby red. Feels like a traditional lipstick. Has a satin to matte finish. This does have artificial pigment.
FitGlow Beauty Lipstick in Love- More of a cherry red. Very hydrating and conditioning. Feels light on the lips.
Mahalo Red My Lips- statement red, matte lip color. It feels light on the lips and moisturizing.
Root Pretty Lipstick in Jenny- A deep wine berry color, gluten free and vegan. Very moisturizing formula, with a touch of shine.
Root Pretty Lipstick in Famous- Brownish red tint- a show stopping red. Gluten free and vegan. Very Moisturizing formula with a touch of shine.
Hynt Beauty Lipstick in Red Fervor- A sexy classic bold red with blue undertones. Hydrating formula. This does have a little artificial pigment.
Kjaer Weis Lipstick in KW Red- A classic red that looks good on all skin tones. It isn’t super hydrating, but more weighty in texture. Feels like a traditional lipstick.
Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Courage- Classic cherry red. Feels more like a lip balm but not as hydrating. It’s not as thick feeling as some lipsticks.
What’s your favorite red lip?! Leave me a comment!