In honor of my birthday I thought I would share with you 34 natural products that changed my life. I really thought long and hard about these and wanted to give you products that truly made the cut for me. I’ve been on the this real food journey for 10+years, this natural beauty journey for 8 years and creating a nontoxic home for 2 years. It’s totally a journey but one that is doable! Remember it’s not a sprint but a marathon. Keep your sanity and slowly detox your life.
34 Natural Products That Changed My Life-
- Berkey Water Filter- I got a Berkley water filter for my home 7 years ago and I haven’t looked back. After learning what’s in our drinking water I knew I needed to get a water filter. The average drinking water can contain pharmaceutical drugs, fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals- just to name a few. Berkey is not only filters out all the nasties but also is pretty affordable. You can choose what size you need depending on your family. Get one here!
- Doterra On Guard Essential Oil- This essential oil was introduced to me by my friend Steph Duford. I’m beyond grateful for it now! I use it as a cleaner in my house to kill bacteria and parasites. Many natural cleaners don’t kill parasites. But On Guard does! I make my own DIY cleaner with it and my house is so clean. I fill a squirt bottle- (the size of a normal apple cider vinegar bottle). Get On Guard here!
- Kiddobloom- Love these stainless steel eating trays and utensils for kids. They aren’t plastic and don’t leach chemicals! The silverware is rounded at the edges, so really great for kids. They even have the cutest mugs. Shop Kiddobloom here!
- Kosas Lipstick- These lipsticks are my fave in natural beauty! They offer a ton of color options, are highly pigmented and last. Plus, they’re hydrating. Trust me, you’ll be hooked in no time. Some favorite colors I love are Thrillest, Royal, and Rosewater. Snag a lipstick here!
- Josh Rosebrook Hairspray- If you’ve been transitioning to natural beauty for a hot minute then you know finding a natural hair spray can often feel like a daunting task. Well, I’ve literally tried them all and the only one that meets my standards is Josh Rosebrook. Get it here and thank me later!
- Live Botanical Luna Rose and Honey Mask + Cleanser- Basically my holy grail when it comes to morning routine. I apply this to my face, while I brush my teeth and 5 minutes later I’m left with skin that glows. It’s magic in a jar! Plus, so budget friendly. Use my coupon code: GURLGONEGREEN for 20%! Snag one here!
- Pharmaca- Oh Pharmaca how I love you! So as many of you know I’m an esthetician. Well, I worked as an esthetician at Pharmaca years ago. I loved it! For those who don’t know what Pharmaca is, allow me to explain. It’s your one stop shop when it comes to living a natural lifestyle. They have natural supplements, natural beauty products and natural baby products. There’s really not much you can’t find at Pharmaca. I love how I can find everything in one spot, but I also love how Pharmaca is constantly having sales! It’s kind of amazing. They are usually offering 20% off all the time, which means more money in my wallet! Shop all of Pharmaca here!
- Elite Fuel Iron- This iron literally changed my life. My iron depletion was severely low in the summer. So much so that after workouts I would feel dizzy. I knew something was up. After having my blood drawn I saw that my levels were crazy low. My naturopath recommended this specific iron supplement. It had been shown to increase iron absorption much faster. Usually if you take an iron supplement it takes a while to build up storage again. I noticed a difference after a couple weeks! Can’t recommend it enough!
- Naturpedic Organic Mattress- Sleeping on an organic mattress is pretty life changing. The amount of toxins in conventional mattresses is pretty disheartening. Since we sleep a 1/3 of our lives. It’s important to know what your sleeping on and what your body is absorbing. My husband and I have LOVED our naturpedic mattress! It’s seriously so comfortable. This is the naturpedic mattress we have!
- White Lotus Home Pillows- Finding organic pillows that my husband, myself and kids love has been no small task. But thanks to White Lotus Home- it’s been so easy! My husband literally won’t stop talking about his shredded latex pillow- he loves it. My kids and I love our Kapok Pillows. They offer such great customer service, can help you figure out which pillow is best and offer so many varieties depending on your pillow needs. Check out all their pillow options here!
- SOL Organic Sheets– These sheets are a game changer! They’re soft, and not filled with toxins. I love that they offer several options depending on what you like. They’re luxury sheets but at affordable prices. Check out the sheets here!
- Fitglow Beauty Lip Serums- Say hello to your new favorite lip serum- but for real! These are my favorite lip glosses in green beauty. I hadn’t found a favorite until I used these. Now I can’t go back! They aren’t sticky, or goopy like you might think. They are so smooth, hydrating and nourishing. The founder actually made them to act like a lip serum for the lips that is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Check out all the lip colors here!
- Crunchi Foundation Brush- This foundation brush is EVERYTHING! It’s so soft, love that it has a flat top and is vegan. I know it sounds funny but when it comes to foundation brushes this brush takes the cake! Get yours here!
- Blendtec Blender- Yep, a quality high speed blender changes lives. I’ve had my Blendtec Blender now for over 4 years and I can’t recommend it enough. I love that it gets my smoothies so smooth, and can make nut butters. It gets used at least once a day if not twice. Check it out here!
- Cuisinart Food Processor- I didn’t get a food processor until this last year and I’m kind of kicking myself that I waited this long. It’s seriously SO amazing! I use it for my raw veggie bread, kale chip recipes, protein balls, granola bars- the list is endless! This is the one I have!
- Vitacost- where do I even start with Vitacost?! I love this online health food store. It has all my favorite natural products for food and living but at a fraction of the cost. Plus, they’re always offering coupon codes! I can’t recommend them enough! Shop Vitacost here!
- If you care parchment paper- I know how has a parchment paper changed my life- well it has, allow me to explain. Parchment paper can actually be really toxic. It’s bleached and can contain many toxic chemicals. Things that you don’t want in your food and eventually in your body. In comes If You Care Parchment Paper- it’s unbleached, and nontoxic. So basically you can have your cake and eat it too! I love using parchment paper everyday for cooking. It makes cleaning after cooking so easy! Get your parchment paper here!
- Body Love Book- This book really opened my eyes to how our bodies process sugar, carbs, protein, fats, etc. If you’re wondering why you’re feeling low on energy, can’t lose the weight, or other health issues- check this book out. She breaks it down so simply! Get your book here!
- Honest Beauty Mascara- This mascara is my FAVE in natural beauty! It works like no other mascara and stays put. Plus, you can get it from Amazon for $14.99! Grab one for yourself and a friend here!
- Reusable Water Bottle- I don’t think I need to explain why this is such a life changer but I’ll give you a brief overview. Plastic bottles aren’t going away and the more we stop using them, the more change we can create. Plastic contains a host of problems in our bodies too. Have you ever drank out of a plastic water bottle? You can literally taste the plastic! Grab a reusable water bottle and change your life and the environment!
- Raw veggie Bread Ebook- I love raw veggie bread. Sounds weird but it literally has changed the way I eat and consume veggies. I dabbled in raw veggie bread here and there but didn’t start consistently making it until 2018. Wow, what a difference that made! My hubs is addicted and so am I. Imagine consuming a ton of veggies in a piece of bread that is made with healthy fats like nuts or seeds, olive oil and flaxseed…you would become addicted too. I use mine for veggie wraps, dip in hummus, egg wraps, and to just eat by itself. Check out the e-course I took here!
- Excalibur Dehydrator- Have you ever made kale chips in the dehydrator? Yeah, it’s life changing as well. Once you make them in the dehydrator, you’ll never go back to the oven. Plus, in the dehydrator all the nutrients are kept intact, since it’s not cooked past 115. I use my dehydrator for making raw veggie bread too, fruit leather, dried fruit, sprouted nuts- again the list is endless! Check out my Excalibur Dehydrator here!
- OSEA Ocean Cleanser- I found this cleanser this past year and I haven’t looked back. I’m already on my second bottle and these are large bottles! I love that it I can use it on my eyes to remove all my eye makeup and it doesn’t sting. I also love that it foams up ever so slightly and that it washes off with water- no washcloth needed. Another product that everyone loves! Plus, it smells amazing! Get yours here!
- True Botanicals Antioxidant Boost and Cellular Repair Serum- I’ve been using these two for a serious dose of antioxidants and vitamins for the skin for several years. They seriously work! I always tell people if you’re looking for products that deliver in natural beauty, then look no further, these are it! These products are what are going to help with those fine lines and help to age gracefully. Get them here!
- Activ Whey Protein Powder- If you follow me, you know I love Activ Whey! It’s a goat whey protein that comes in vanilla and chocolate. Tastes amazing- you will become addicted. It also is so light, not heavy at all. It’s completely different than cow’s whey. It’s hypo-allergenic versus allergenic, is immune boosting and promotes healthy digestion. Check it out here!
- Waseda Farms- I just discovered Waseda Farms a couple months ago and I’ve been hooked! I get nothing from recommending them, other than hopefully more business sent their way. They are the best organic, pastured meat delivery farm I’ve found. Most meats deliveries are organic but not pastured- Waseda is both! Their selection is amazing too! From pork, chicken, beef, lamb, and turkey. The taste is amazing too- you won’t be disappointed. Plus, they deliver it right to your front door! That’s my favorite part. For so long I had to go to all these farms to get it but now I just go to Waseda! I have my good friend Steph Duford to thank! Check out all their offerings here!
- Stasher Bags- These silicone bags have changed my food storage game for the better! I don’t use plastic bags anymore. But use these instead. They aren’t leaching any toxic chemicals, and I save money because I’m not constantly buying plastic bags. Plus, you’re saving the environment! Get yours here!
- E3 Live- This is an organic algae that has given me energy and helped my hashimotos. I started taking it over a year ago and I have felt so much better taking it! It gives my body all the nutrients! Algae supports digestion and the immune system, helps with mental clarity, and brain health. Trust me, this stuff is SO good! Get your E3Live here!
- Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation- I talk about this foundation all the time and sometimes I feel like a broken record but it’s because I just love it! It doesn’t look heavy on the skin, covers redness, and creates and overall polished glow. You’ll be loving how your skin looks. I’ve tried all the natural foundations and this one always calls to me! It performs just like it’s name- True Skin Serum Foundation. I wear the color SF3. Snag it here!
- Almond Cow- I never knew I needed this clever gadget until I started to use it- now I don’t know how I got along without it. It makes making nut milks a breeze- I mean seriously so easy! You’ll love it! Get your Almond Cow here!
- Xtrema Cookware- I started using this nontoxic cookware several months ago and wow it’s a whole new world in the kitchen! Things don’t stick like they used too, it’s so easy to clean and it continues to look good. I’m going to be giving these as gifts!
- Agent Nateur Holi Rose Deodorant- I probably had tried 50 natural deodorants until Agent Nateur Holi Rose. Once I tried it though, there was no going back. This deodorant doesn’t mess around. It has never irritated my skin, and keeps me smelling fresh all day long. I’m not the only one that thinks this. This is a holy grail among green beauty bloggers! Snag one here!
- Kosmatology Hand Soap- There’s hand soaps and then there’s Cosmetology hand soaps. These hands soaps are squeaky clean, don’t dry out your hands(hello) and come in a ton of fun scents. Get one for you and for a friend here!
- Aila Nail Polish and Nail Polish Wipes- I’ve tried a lot of natural nail polish and Aila has stolen my heart. It goes on so smooth, isn’t goopy at all. Love all the colors! They have a top coat called better than gel that literally acts like a natural top coat on top of your nails. I also love their nail polish remover wipes. I can easily take them anywhere because they come in a wipe form. Get your Aila nail polish and wipes here!
See anything you love too? What are some natural products that have changed your life?
I’m so excited to share my Huut organic Egyptian cotton sheets review with you! I’ve tried many organic sheets in my day but never Egyptian cotton sheets that were organic. Sheets are one thing that needs to be detoxed quickly if possible. The toxic load really adds up over time. Keep reading to hear of the toxic burden conventional sheets pose.
Since we spend about a 1/3 of our life in bed it’s important to know what were sleeping on. Cotton is one of the most heavily sprayed crops. Being doused with synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. However, that’s not the only thing we should be concerned about. Sheets often contain formaldehyde, and toxic dyes too. There are also toxic softeners that are used now on bedding, creating a recipe for a toxic sleep experience!
What to look for when buying organic sheets?
- Look for sheets that are certified organic by the GOTS- Global Organic Textile Standard. For more info. on GOTS click here. This standard ensures the product is made without any toxic chemicals and that at least 90% of fibers are organic. Also, no child or slave labor. It’s peace of mind when buying the sheets if you see this label. It means the sheets were made using pure and clean standards.
- Avoid sheets or blankets that say “Wrinkle Resistant”, “Easy Care”, or “Permanent Press.” These words indicate that formaldehyde resin was used in the process and it will NOT rinse out.
- BE AWARE- just because a sheet set says “organic cotton” does not mean they’re certified organic. It may indicate the cotton was grown organically but after that the fabric was processed with toxic chemicals.
- Look for Oeko- Tex Certified Sheets. These sheets may not be grown organically but they are tested for unhealthy chemicals in the final product. These often tend to be a little less expensive and easier to find. For more on Oeko- Tex Certification click here.
Huut Organic Egyptian cotton natural sheet and review.
When I first learned about Huut I was excited to learn that not only are they organic but also OEKO-TEX certified and Cotton Egypt & Egyptian Cotton Association Certified. Now if you’re like me you might be wondering what the last certification means- because I definitely did. I looked them up and was excited to learn all about their strict standards and procedures. You can read all about the certification here.
What makes Egyptian cotton different then regular cotton? Well, it’s hand picked! So you can be sure that your getting the most pure product. The sheets also have 80s long staple fibers which give you the softest and most sturdy cotton in the world. These are the best of the best!
Huut really wanted to create products that not only were great for people but also the earth. While at the same time providing a superior product that creates a luxurious sleeping experience. Something I can get behind! I also love their mission in giving back. This is a quote from their website.
For every sale made on a Huüt sheet or duvet, we donate to Feed My Starving Children.We know you give a Huüt to, so thank you for joining us!
Another reason I love supporting this company! Also, they have a 30 day money back guarantee too. So if you don’t like your sheets for whatever reason you can return them. They also offer free shipping! I mean does it get any better?
I was so impressed with these sheets the minute I opened the box! They are so soft and I couldn’t wait to wash them and put them on my bed. Well, let’s just say they did not disappoint. The softness and overall feel is amazing! I’ve never had Egyptian cotton sheets before but now I know what all the fuss is about. You can really feel the quality with the 300 thread count in the sheets. Plus, I love the smoothness I get from the sateen finish. Am I turning into a sheet snob? I don’t know but my husband and I are both addicted! I also love knowing my skin isn’t soaking up any pesticides or weird chemicals since they’re organic. I can have my cake and eat it too!
If you’ve been looking for sheets that are not only organic but also seriously SO soft then I would snag these! These would make a great Christmas gift too. Huut hooked you up with a great coupon code! Use: GGG25 for 25% off- now that’s a deal! Shop Huut Organic Egyptian Sheets here!
So I’ve gotten a lot of questions about how to create a natural skincare routine lately and just the order products should go in. I had done a couple Instagram stories and saved them to my highlights and had a flood of questions. So here we are- I knew it was time for a proper blog post on the subject.
If it’s one thing I want to drill home it’s the importance of having a skincare routine. It doesn’t mean your skincare routine will look like mine. Your routine should be based off your skin and what it needs. Now, figuring that out can seem a little more daunting. When do you use a certain product, how much, etc. It can be overwhelming. That’s where I come in! I’ve been an esthetician for over 14 years and I’ve learned a thing or two along the way.
Best Natural and Organic Skincare Routine
You don’t need every product but you do need effective products.
That being said, morning and nighttime skincare routines look different usually. I’m going to give a brief explanation of products you could use for your morning or nighttime skincare to get you familiar with your options.
Cleansers- A cleanser is meant to be the first step in your skincare routine. It helps to get rid of dirt, debris and get rid of makeup from the day. Of course there are many cleansers to choose from depending on your skin type. Some people like to double cleanse, others not so much. Whatever method or cleanser you choose just make sure that it adequately cleans your skin and you’re not left with any residue. I have a full blog post with all my favorites. Check it out!
Toner/Hydrosol- These terms are used interchangeably to describe a mist that you spray over your skin post cleansing. A true hydrosol contains plant actives. Some people will spray the mist directly on their skin and press in with their hands, others will spray on a cotton round and apply it in on their skin. Either way, a toner or hydrosol helps to calm skin, hydrate, keep pores open for serums/oil and specific skin treatments. A toner helps to also get rid of any oil or bits left from the cleanser, as well as balance the ph of skin.
Treatments- Treatments for the skin can range from anti-aging treatments, redness reducing treatments, hyper pigmentation targeting, and acne treatments. Theses are going to be filled with active ingredients that are really going to perform. Think antioxidants! It really depends on what result you’re looking for in your skin. These aren’t going to necessarily hydrate your skin. Most are made out of water or aloe, some contain oil, but few. They penetrate the skin quickly and feel almost like a gel. They absorb into your skin, opposed to creams that generally sit on top of your skin. The absorption happens easier because serums are smaller in molecular size and easier to penetrate the skin and deliver nutrients. Serums happen after toning or hydrosol when skin’s pores are still open. I have a full blog post on all my favorite serums for the skin here!
Oils- After a serum, now it’s time for an oil. There has been a resurgence of oils in the last 5 years. People used to be afraid of them, but now they are learning how hydrating and restorative they can be for the skin. Just remember not every oil is created equal. Some are comedogenic and can actually clog your pores or cause you to breakout. For example, coconut oil is comedogenic and can actually cause many people to breakout. If you’re not sure about the comedogenic rating look it up or ask the formulator. Oils are very hydrating and can keep the moisture intact for a long time. A great pick for those with dry skin.
Skin Creams/Lotions- Many people aren’t sure what the difference is between an oil, a cream and a lotion. Allow me to explain. An oil is just that- just an oil- nothing added. A cream has a mix of water and oil, but more oil than water and then a lotion is also a mixture of water and oil but the higher percentage is water- which makes it thinner. Creams are great at protecting the skin, especially after applying an oil and if you need additional moisture. I like doing them at night. A lotion is good for in the morning when you want some hydration but don’t want to be too greasy from an oil.
Balms- Balms are another product that really has been popping up all over in the skincare industry over the last two years. Balms are primarily used for intense hydration and protection. In the winter they are great for protecting skin from wind and cold. They are more concentrated than a lotion or cream. A lot of formulators like them because they are usually waterless and therefore don’t need preservatives to keep them fresh. A little goes a long way with a balm- so you don’t need as much as you would with a lotion or cream.
Eye Cream/Oil- Eye products come in a variety of formulas. From creams to oils and even some that are more like a serum. I prefer an oil or serum myself because I suffer from milia. Tiny hard white cysts under the skin. They can form when keratin gets trapped under the skin. I try and stay away from heavy products for the eyes as I’ve noticed they can lead to more. If your under eye area is really dry then you would want to opt for a heavier eye cream or nourishing oil. Some eye oils or serums I’ve found to be oilier than others. I have a full blog post coming on my faves that I’ve been working on forever! I like mine to absorb fairly quickly too.
Exfoliants- Exfoliants are so crucial to effective skincare- can’t recommend them enough! If your skin is dead on top, whatever products you put on top of your skin aren’t going to be able to penetrate and perform. There are many different types of exfoliants. From mechanical, enzyme and chemical exfoliants. Mechanical exfoliants use some sort of manual grain or seeds to manually remove the dead skin. Enzyme exfoliants is similar to chemical exfoliation but much gentler. It breaks down the glue that holds together dead skin. It uses active ingredients like papain, papaya and pineapple to slough off the dead skin. Enzyme exfoliation is great for someone with sensitive skin. There’s no actual manual exfoliant involved. Another type is chemical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation is stronger than enzyme exfoliation. It uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids(AHA’s) or Beta Hydroxy Acids(BHA’s). AHA’s are not as strong as BHA’s. A lot of peels are considered chemical exfoliants. Chemical exfoliants are great for those with oily skin and acne.
Masks- Love a good mask! Masks are like giving your skin a good shot of nutrients at once. Similar to drinking a really nutrient dense green juice for your body. There are so many benefits to masking. From detoxification, unclog pores, glowing skin, minimizing redness, hydration- the list goes on! It’s great to have different masks for different seasons of life too. In the winter you may need a hydrating mask more. In the summer, a detoxification mask- each season can bring a new set of skincare challenges. Some masks are quick and are just meant to give your skin a glow in 5 minutes before a big event or date.
Ok, now that you’ve just been schooled on all skincare products, let’s break down what you actually need in your skincare routine.
So it really depends on what you want your outcome to be. Do you want your skin to just feel clean, and hydrated? Maybe you’re not into all the extras but just want a clean skincare routine that meets the basic needs and that’s it. Or maybe you want to fade hyper pigmentation, minimize redness and increase collagen- ok then you’re probably going to need a few more products! Think about your end goal when it comes to your skin and that will help guide you to the products you need.
Best Natural and Organic Night Time Skincare Routine
What Skincare Personality Do You Relate Too?
- You just want your skin to feel clean and moisturized
- You don’t care about wrinkles or having products that help fight signs of aging(P.S. I’m all for aging, sometimes there aren’t other words to use besides aging)
- You don’t like to use a lot of product on your skin
- You keep your skincare routine pretty basic but every now and then you like to try a new product
- You might want a new product depending on season change or just for fun
- You’re still very minimalist at heart when it comes to your skincare but like to splurge on a treatment product every now and then or when you have a skin condition you need to address
- You like skincare products and it’s no secret(guys you’re not alone, I’m a hoarder too)
- You love adding new things to your skincare routine and testing out new products
- You don’t mind if your skincare routine is tedious or long
Ok, now that you know what skincare personality you are, it will be easier for you to assess what skin products you actually need and what will be effective for your skin type. Keep reading to see what my skincare routine looks like. Then you will be able to create your own!
Best Natural and Organic Morning Skincare Routine
My Skincare Routine:
AM- (In Order)
Best Natural and Organic Night time Skincare Routine
PM- (In Order)
- Cleanse- I cleanse my skin with one cleanser typically. I used to oil cleanse, but I’ve found I really love a cleanser that does it all in one step and that I can remove easily with just water and not a washcloth. A couple of my favorite cleansers in green beauty that do that are- OSEA Ocean Cleanser, an amazing cleanser that leaves my skin feeling balanced, not stripped, removes all my makeup and rinses off easily with water. I also love Marie Veronique’s Cleansing Oil. It acts like an oil cleanser but emulsifies(suds up) ever so slightly. It’s great! It also removes all my eye makeup and everything easily and rinses off with water.
- Toner/Hydrosol- I use the same toner for my skin at night that I do in the morning generally. Unless I’m testing out several at once. My top pick would be Maya Chia’s the Optimist!
- Exfoliant- Next I will exfoliate if I need too. I generally exfoliate twice a week. People can over exfoliate, creating disruptions to their natural ph. I love Josh Rosebrook’s Active Enzyme Exfoliant, and Laurel’s Honey Berry Enzyme Mask. The Active Enzyme Exfoliant includes manual exfoliants using walnut shells and it incorporates enzymes as well. The Honey Berry Enzyme Mask is great for those with sensitive skin as it uses enzymes to exfoliate.
- Mask- I generally mask two to three times per week. If it’s a day for a mask I’ll do it after toning or exfoliating. My mask varies depending on what my skin needs. For a good all around mask, I recommend Leahlani Mermaid Mask, for lightening and detoxification I recommend Mahalo’s The Bean Antioxidant Mask, for skin problems I love May Linstrom’s The Problem Solver Mask. For a full review of my favorite masks- check out my blog post here.
- Treatment/Serum- Next I will apply a treatment or serum. For me this is usually my True Botanical’s Cellular Repair Serum and Antioxidant Booster. These two have literally helped change my skin and given me tangible results! The Cellular Repair Serum goes past the outer most layer of the skin to really get in and provide all the nutrients the skin needs. The Antioxidant Booster is a powder and isn’t activated until you mix it with a liquid. I love this because then you are endured you’re getting the most potent and active ingredients right away! Most antioxidant treatments are liquid and are not as effective since they’ve already been activated. I apply my Cellular Repair Serum first. Then I mix my Antioxidant Booster with my oil. This helps the Antioxidant Booster to absorb better into the skin, compared to mixing it with the Cellular Repair Serum.
- Oil- Now time for an oil! I have been using Laurel’s Anti-Inflammatory Serum especially coming off the summer months.
- Eye Cream/Serum- Next I apply my eye serum or eye cream. I’ve been using Odacite’s B+S Eye Serum for a while and love it! It isn’t super oily, absorbs nicely and my eyes look refreshed and revived in the morning. Can’t recommend it enough.
- Lips- Ok, last but not least I apply Odacite’s Lip Serum. I love this lip serum! It helps to hydrate, minimize fine lines on the lips and plump. I love applying as my last step in my skincare routine. My lip’s nightly nightcap!
That sums up my skincare routine! Now it’s time to create your own. I’ve created this free download for you to be able to see what products work for different skin types. I have something for sensitive, dry/normal, and combination/oily. Click the photo below to download!
<<<Click Image To get your Natural Skincare Guide!>>>
*This post is sponsored by OSEA. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
So excited to share with you all my OSEA skincare review! I hadn’t tried their products until Beauty Heroes had them in a recent box. In the box was their Ocean Cleanser- let’s just say it was love the first time I used it! I couldn’t get enough of the milky cleanser. I knew I needed to try more of their products!
If you’re not familiar with OSEA allow me to fill you in on this natural skincare line. This brand is truly unique. I was so intrigued by the founder Jenefer’s story of how she started it. She was inspired by her grandmother who credits the ocean to healing her. She had been on bedrest after a severe leg injury. Her grandmother recalls having a dream about the sea and the next day went for a swim. A few weeks later her grandmother was healed! Jenefer went to her roots when creating OSEA. From what she learned from her grandmother of the healing properties of the ocean and her knowledge, she chose seaweed as the base of her skincare line. Seaweed contains powerful minerals and ingredients to help restore and nourish the skin.
I love OSEA’s commitment to clean skincare as stated so well on their website:
OSEA delivers proven results without causing harm to our health or the health of our environment. Jenefer’s innovative formulations of certified organic, bioavailable seaweed, infused with pure steam-distilled and cold pressed essential oils create powerful natural anti-aging solutions and reduce the appearance of blemishes–eliminating the need for synthetic ingredients entirely. OSEA is free of synthetic chemicals such as parabens, petrochemicals, and sulfates.
OSEA was also the first company to sign the “Compact for Safe Cosmetics”:
In 2002, OSEA was the first company to sign “Compact for Safe Cosmetics”, an initiative started by the Environmental Working Group that holds companies accountable for ensuring that their products are “free of chemicals that are known or strongly suspected of causing cancer, mutation or birth defects.” Since then, over 1,000 companies have joined OSEA in pledging to phase out the use of toxic chemicals in all beauty products!
I was excited to dive into the products they sent me and report back to you guys my thoughts!
This cleanser is especially formulated for oily, and acne prone skin. It gently exfoliates while getting rid of impurities on the skin. The first thing I noticed upon using it was the scent! It has essential oils of tea tree, peppermint and rosemary. It gives your skin a tingly, refreshing vibe- overall feeling very energized. It contains organic algae and cypress oil that help to balance blemishes and remove impurities. I would apply this cleanser on my skin at night and in the morning, but I found I liked it best in the morning as a gentle exfoliant and morning wake up call for my skin. My skin is on the dry side so this cleanser works better for me once a day. However, my sister who has oily skin loves it! It helps to remove excess oil and give her an overall brighter appearance. I applied to damp skin and used circular motions to remove makeup and dirt- avoid eye area. Grab your Ocean Cleansing Mud here!
This toning mist is not only beautiful in color but performs well too! It instantly gives my skin some major hydration and feels so refreshing. I love squirting it on my skin in the morning to wake me up and in the afternoon even for a quick pick me up. With ingredients like resveratrol, organic algae and pomegranate, it’s no wonder this mist makes me swoon every time I use it. If your skin feels dull and lifeless this is for you! Get your Sea Vitamin Boost here!
It’s no wonder this serum was awarded Best Beauty Award in Style for 2017! It works and works well! If you have dry skin or wrinkles this is for you. It instantly adds moisture to thirsty skin and smooths fine lines. Hyaluronic acid is known for it’s ability to attract moisture to the skin. Just to give you a little visual, hyaluronic acid attracts 1,000 times it’s weight in water- making it a powerful player in improving elasticity. Your skin will feel supple and smooth. Not only does this serum have hyaluronic acid but also three different kinds of organic seaweed that help deliver antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. In other words it’s a powerhouse serum for the skin! I love applying this after the Sea Vitamin Boost and then pressing this into my skin before my oils. It makes my makeup look better and gives me an overall polished look- can’t recommend it enough! Get your Hyaluronic Sea Serum here!
I was so intrigued by this product! I’ve been reading so much about putting probiotics on the skin topically and not just internally. So many benefits! Plus, I know how powerful vitamin c is. This polish comes in a powder form with pure vitamin c and vegan probiotics. It also has finely ground rice and bamboo and seaweed powders. These help gently slough off the dead skin cells. The vitamin c and probiotics give your skin an overall brightness and helps to fade hyper pigmentation. I noticed improved resilience of my skin and just a fresh faced looked. Get your Vitamin C Probiotic Face Polish here!
This mask feels so good on the skin. This is an anti-aging mask. It really is meant to improve overall skin tone and brighten the complexion. The ingredients are white marine algae, white tea, and resveratrol. These ingredients help to minimize redness- which I’m always all about and give an overall glow to the skin. The mask also has mineral peptides and hyaluronic acid. These two help to mask those fine lines and moisturize the skin. I would apply this at night and leave it on for 20-60 minutes. You can even leave it on overnight! My skin felt so supple, smooth and less red after using. It’s such a nourishing mask and one I can’t stop using! Get your White Algae Mask here!
Talk about a scrub! This body scrub doesn’t mess around. It is filled with Dead Sea and Himalayan Pink Salts, Bolivian Rose and Organic seaweed of course. Plus, it boasts some Acai, shea butter and passionfruit that leave your skin feeling like butter. I applied to wet skin and used circular motions. My skin felt so refreshed and clean! Sometimes we focus on facial exfoliation but our body needs great exfoliation as well! Grab your Salt of The Earth Body Scrub here!
*Here are the other two products I had previously tried and loved!
This cleanser is a definite fave! I love that it comes in a frosted glass bottle- so chic. It’s such an overall soothing cleanser, yet highly effective. It removes all my my makeup and grime from the day- yes even my stubborn eye makeup. I get my skin damp first and then apply several pumps to my hands. Then I rub in circular motions all over my face. After rinsing with water my skin feels so hydrated, and clean. Not stripped or dry. It does such a great job of imparting hydration to the skin, and nourishing it with vitamins and minerals. Did I mention it smells like candy?! The lime really stands out to me. There also are notes of juniper, and cypress. A great all around cleanser- can’t get enough! Get your Ocean Cleanser here!
This body polish is unlike any I’ve used. It is creamy in consistency but yet strong enough to remove and exfoliate unwanted dry skin. After using it my skin looks slightly pink and plump. It takes dull skin and gives it a good polish, revealing the brightest and prettiest skin. Upon opening it, you’re greeted with scents of lavender and Sweet Melissa. It awakens your senses and revitalizes your whole body. It exfoliates the skin with powdery grains of pumice, acai, and guarana. I get my body wet first, and then apply the body polish and use circular motions to rub it in. A serious skin treat! Grab your Undaria Body Polish here!
That concludes my OSEA skincare review. There’s so many more skincare treats I can’t wait to try! Checkout their full shop here! Did you see anything you want? Have you tried any OSEA products? Let me know if you have any questions!
Art of Organics May Discovery: Jet Set is here! This box is completely different than any other box we’ve seen from Art of Organics. It’s all about travel this month- gearing up for the summer trips. Not only did we get some cool products but also a really cute bag- perfect for keeping all your products in one place while you travel. This box has me craving sunny weather all over again! If you haven’t heard of Art of Organics then allow me to introduce you to one of my favorite green beauty boxes.
If you aren’t familiar with Art of Organics and this green beauty box, then keep reading as I explain why this box is one to get a hold of. Their belief is really simple-You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your health for beauty. I couldn’t agree more! Their goal is to bring people the cleanest, best, and most luxurious products. Claire the founder, has always been a beauty junkie and on the quest to purge her own makeup bag, she realized she wanted to share her journey with others and raise awareness. I noticed instantly after opening the box, the attention to detail. They name their boxes each month as well as follow a theme. The card inside describes the products in the box so well and gave directions for application. The box is $38, with a value of $70+ and features each month 2-4 full size products. They have high standards for their product selection, such as being cruelty free, organic and non-toxic. They have more specifics on the ingredients they don’t use here on their website.
On to the review…
Ok, so this month is such a fun change of pace for the Art of Organics Box. We are seeing some great multi-use products and travel products. Perfect for keeping your toiletry bag not overloaded but having each product serve a purpose.
First we’re seeing Kahina’s Undereye Prickly Pear Seed Oil Rollerball. You all know what a huge fan I am of prickly pear seed oil. This oil is rich in vitamins K and E and not only hydrates the eye area but helps with dark circles and fights further damage. Plus, it comes in the cutest little rollerball. Since the rollerball is stainless steel it actually works to de-puff the eye area as well. I just applied it all over my eye area with the roller ball. Then I would take my ring finger(least muscles) and tap the oil into my skin. It’s not greasy and absorbs within minutes. The perfect little travel companion to pop in your makeup bag. It’s also organic! Oh and I also stored it in the fridge and would apply in the mornings for maximum de-puffing action-it helped! Kahina really goes the extra mile to not only create products that are effective but also sourcing the finest ingredients. This has become a fave!
Next we’re seeing Babe Balm in the box. This is a new brand for me. But was excited to use it. First off the smell is amazing! I get citrus and vanilla all wrapped up in one- so good. There are only a handful of ingredients too which I love and did I mention the packaging? SO cute! A bright orange little tube. So what can you use this for? Well, really the question should be what can’t you use this for! I used it on my skin as a hydrator, on my brows to keep them in place, on top of makeup for a little highlight glow, remove my makeup- rub the balm all over my skin and then use a warm washcloth to wipe off skin. The sky really is the limit on how you want to use it. Such a great product to travel with!
Finally we are seeing Odacite’s Immediate Skin Perfecting Beauty Masque. This mask comes in a travel packet, great for when your jet setting and want a quick mask. This mask really does it all! From giving you a quick glow, exfoliation, helps boost collagen, and purifies the skin. Pour the contents into a bowl and add a little water until the consistency is what you like. I love this in the morning after a workout to get my skin looking happy and bright!
Last but not least we are seeing a fun travel bag this month in the box! The travel bag is from Piece & CO organic cotton travel pouch. Love that this bag is made by hand by artisans in India. The tassel on the bag is so chic!
I would hop on this month’s box soon if you’re thinking about snagging one. If you haven’t signed up for Art of Organics box you can sign up here! Don’t miss out on this fabulous green beauty box! Not only do you get quality products each month but for a steal. You pay $39 each month and get access to some stellar products. You can sign up for 3 months, 6 months and 12 months! At 6 and 12 months you start saving. Also, each month a theme is chosen around the box.
Have you tried any of the products this month? What are your thoughts?