EP11: How To Build An Environmentally Healthy Home With Darren Vigil of Healthy Exposure Construction
In episode #11 we are learning how to build an environmentally healthy home with Darren Vigil of Healthy Exposure Construction. Capt. Darren J. Vigil CIEC, ATP is the Founder of HealthyExposure, Inc. and Co-Founder of HealthyExposure Construction, Inc. Using Building Science Capt. Vigil identifies and resolves issues with the Built and Living Environment of Homes. He has learned firsthand the importance of Sustainability and Health of Our Planet, Our Homes and Our Lifestyles. Capt. Vigil has been a Leader and Visionary in this Field for over 20 years. Today, he approaches a Sustainable Living as the balance between the Environment you Live in, the Air you Breathe, the Food you Eat, and the Water you Drink. Capt. Vigil was honored as a Nominee for the “2015 Hearthstone Builder Humanitarian Award.”
Healthy Exposure Construction was the 2017 Builder of The Olivia Irvine Dodge Library and History Center and named Dream Home Builder 2015 by the Builder’s Association of the Twin Cities. Capt. Vigil is Married for over 25 years and is a father of 5. He enjoys the outdoors, loves boating and watching football. He is active with his Church and Community. Experienced Chief Executive Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the Green Construction Industry. Skilled in Complex Problem Solving, Environmental Health Construction and Operations Management. Strong Entrepreneurship Professional with a BS in Aerospace Management, Minor in Industrial Psychology from Middle Tennessee University. Follow Capt. Vigil and HealthyExposure at:
Connect with Darren Vigil –
- How Darren’s physical symptoms were a result of his environment
- Unmasking with Dr. William Rea
- The Building Science of home construction
- Tips for building a healthy foundation
- Dangers of cooking with gas
- Ways to prevent mold exposure
- Radon and soil gas mitigation systems
- Best types of water and air filtration systems
- A health transformation story
Links mentioned in this podcast:
Why We Love It?
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us
- It is really light and doesn’t ever makes us feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.
To always be in the know when it comes to new episodes, the latest in green beauty, natural living and organic home- be sure to subscribe below!