In episode #19 we are learning about a holistic approach to dentistry with Dr. Kristen Graham. Dr. Kristen graduated from the University of Maryland with a BS in Biological Sciences. She then continued on to dental school, and graduated from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 2013. In pursuit of biologic dentistry she became certified Integrative Biologic Dental Medicine (IBDM) in 2017 by the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry, with additional certifications in Naturopathy through the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board. She recently graduated from AFMCP (Advanced Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice) at the Institute for Functional Medicine in 2018. Dr. Kristen consults with clients one-on-one in her online practice, and in private practice addressing each client as the individual they are. She focuses on systemic, oral, physical and emotional well-being from a functional, biologic and spiritual approach. Dr. Kristen resides in Maryland with her husband and two rhodesian ridgbacks.
Connect With Dr. Kristin-
- What holistic dentistry is
- How can someone find a holistic dentist
- What biological dentists do differently for a cavity
- Can you remineralize teeth
- Anyway to make teeth stronger
- All about a holistic approach to implants
- How to safely remove mercury from teeth
- What you should get replaced instead of mercury
- Does oil pulling really work
- What to do about teeth whitening
- Best toothpaste for adults and kids
Where to find a biologic/holistic practitioner near you (look for someone who is SMART certified through IAOMT) –IAOMT
Squigle toothpaste (for remineralization and sensitive teeth- this you can use a Q tip and place on areas that need to be remineralized and let it sit overnight)
- SpectraCell tests through your doctor
Why We Love It?
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us
- It is really light and doesn’t ever makes us feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.
To always be in the know when it comes to new episodes, the latest in green beauty, natural living and organic home- be sure to subscribe below!