In episode #23 we are learning how to heal thyroid part 1 with Dr. Eric Balcavage. In over 20 years of practice, he has successfully helped thousands of people suffering with chronic health conditions. Dr. Balcavage trains and consults with hundreds of doctors on topics such as thyroid physiology, organic acid testing, methylation, and GI physiology. He also lecturers locally and around the country on various health topics including; Stem Cell Therapy & Regenerative Medicine, Thyroid dysfunction, Methylation dysfunction, and more.His clinic has always been on the cutting edge of the health care industry. Currently, he devotes his practice to treating patients with degenerative joint conditions, chronic pain syndromes, hypothyroidism, GI disorders, diabetes, autoimmune & inflammatory disorders, peripheral neuropathy, and other neurological and metabolic challenges.
Dr. Balcavage graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa in 1995 and has been in practice since 1996 in Glen Mills, PA. He also is Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner and a Certified Nutrition Specialist. He has been a guest on numerous podcasts and health summits. He also co-hosts the Thyroid Answers Podcast which is available on iTunes.
Connect With Dr. Eric Balcavage-
- How Dr. Balcavage got into functional medicine
- His golden hour or health awakening in his life
- Overview of hypothyroidism and hashimotos
- The importance of addressing the “why” behind hashimotos or any autoimmune condition
- What are the most common triggers for hashimotos
- Where people should start when figuring out what’s at the root of their hashimotos
- What a full thyroid panel looks like
Why We Love It?
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us
- It is really light and doesn’t ever makes us feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.
We love hearing from you! If you enjoyed this podcast, take a screenshot of you listening to it on your phone and tag us! @gurlgonegreen and @roseangove and hashtag #thegoldenhourpodcast
To always be in the know when it comes to new episodes, the latest in green beauty, natural living and organic home- be sure to subscribe below!