In episode #31 we are learning how to heal PCOS holistically with Kate Kordsmeier. For nearly a decade, Kate was a full-time freelance food and travel writer and recipe developer–you can find her work in over 125 magazines, newspapers and websites, including USA Today, EatingWell, Cooking Light, Travel + Leisure, Shape, FITNESS, Women’s Health, The Washington Post, Clean Eating, Vegetarian Times, Wine Enthusiast, SELF and Real Simple.
In October 2015, after being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), Leaky Gut Syndrome (IBS), and hypothyroidism, and subsequently healing her symptoms naturally, she created Root + Revel. Though she's a food writer—it’s literally her job to eat and report on the world’s most delicious foods—and a food lover, who believes strongly that life is not worth living without fried chicken, cheese and wine, she's also seen firsthand the power of nutrition and how much the food we eat affects the way we feel. After her diagnosis, she was blown away by the rapid transformation she saw in her own body from simple, natural and holistic lifestyle changes. Truly, the food she ate and the natural products she used (and the toxic products she tossed!) have helped her live a near symptom-free life. You can learn more about her diagnosis, 80-20 lifestyle and how she strikes the balance between eating well and feeling well here.
Connect with Kate-
- Can you give us a brief overview of who Kate is from Root and Revel and how you ended up as a wellness blogger?
- This is a question we ask all our guests. What was your golden hour or defining moment that sparked your health awakening?
- So before we dive into all the things and how you reversed your many health conditions. Can you first share what health conditions you had and how you found out?
- Can you share what PCOS is and how that affected you?
- Was PCOS, hypothyroidism and leaky gut all connected for you?
- You mention on your blog that you reversed these health conditions with food and holistic remedies- what did that look like for you? What foods did you avoid and what remedies did you incorporate?
- What is something you wished someone would have told you when you were diagnosed with your conditions?
- Since you originally were a food writer and now a writer still and recipe developer as well I would love to hear what some of your favorite recipes are you've created?
- This is a question we ask all our guests. What are 3 health habits that have made the biggest impact on your health?
- Where can people find you?
Links Mentioned in The Podcast-
DID YOU LOVE IT?!
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.