I haven’t shared a post on what products I am loving in a while so I thought now was the time! I am sharing 7 products that are a step above and I can’t stop using. This includes clean beauty and clean living products. I also asked my VA Becky to share her favorites as she has had the chance to try out quite a few products over the time she has been working with me and I thought it would be interested to see what stood out to her as well. Check out the 7 products that we are LOVING!
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
*Suzi (Gurl Gone Green) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Suzi’s Thoughts: I just got this balm not too long ago and let’s just say we became fast friends! I have been hearing people rave about it for over a year and finally thought why haven’t I tried it?! Needless to say my suspicions were true- it’s amazing! There’s a couple things that stand out to me about it. The first is that it comes in a tube which I love. It really makes it so nice for travel because it’s not glass and it’s not going to spill out all over in your bag since it’s not a pump. In fact I’ve already experienced traveling with it and it’s been so nice to not have an oil to worry about spilling everywhere. Second, I love that it’s a balm when you squeeze it out of the tube but then turns into an oil right after. It really is the best of both worlds. You get the easy consistency of a balm but the moisturizing and smooth effect of an oil. Plus, it smells divine! A mix of coconut and the tropics- you feel like you’re on vacation even when you’re not. Do yourself a favor and get it here!
2. Activ Whey
Suzi’s Thoughts: I’ve been using Activ Whey Goat Whey Protein for years but really have found an even greater appreciation for it lately. I’ve realized how many tasty drinks I can make from it, yet literally have no sugar, no dairy and taste amazing- kind of a tall order but Activ Whey makes it happen! I love that I can make my kids a healthier version of a milkshake with it. I use this coconut milk, 2 scoops of Activ Whey, a handful of ice, cacao powder and a few stevia drops and a banana and boom, you’ve got one tasty healthy milkshake that my kids can’t resist! I love knowing that it’s actually a really protein rich shake for them, and let them think they’re having a really special drink. I also have been using it to make a healthier version of a Frappuccino and loving it. I add 3/4 cup of this coconut milk, a handful of ice, 1 tablespoon of cacao powder, a few stevia drops depending on how sweet you want it, 2 shots of espresso coffee(I use this brand of coffee- the best organic coffee), 2 scoops of Activ Whey and blend up. You’ll think you’re having a legit Frappuccino but instead you’re saving yourself loads of sugar and dairy and giving your body a healthy treat instead. Bottom line- get Activ Whey, it’s SO good and doesn’t give any bloating. Use code: Gurlgonegreen to get 10% off! Learn more about why choosing a clean protein powder is so important here. Get Activ Whey here!
Suzi’s Thoughts: Ok, I have never talked about this cleanser until now, but it’s time. I’ve been using it for over 2 months and let’s just say I’ve fallen hard for it. My skin has been inflamed for a while- which is a whole other blog post. I had been searching for a cleanser that wouldn’t aggravate it more. As a beauty blogger I try a lot of products and it can really take a toll on my skin if I’m not careful. That’s what happened this time. I really had to pair down my skincare routine and use less. I’ve found that’s the best way for my skin to properly heal and recover. Less products overall always wins. I had read about this cleanser and was intrigued after hearing all the great reviews on it. It’s a great deal first of all at $9 for 8 ounces. You really get your money’s worth! It’s also fragrance free, gluten free, and has minimal ingredients in general. It definitely doesn’t feel like a luxurious cleanser by any means but it actually checks out clean when I looked at the ingredients the first time. I was really impressed! Considering the price and that you can get it so easily from Amazon. It was a win/win. Needless to say my skin has been loving it and responding so well. So many people had said how their skin felt less inflamed and it really calmed it. I couldn’t agree more! It’s not drying, but yet removes all my makeup and debris from the day. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who suffers from sensitive skin, inflamed skin and just needs to simplify and calm it down. Has done wonders for mine! Get it here.
Suzi’s Thoughts: This mask really offers some serious hydration. You cleanse your skin and apply your products as you would normally and then you apply the mask. Instead of rinsing it off you sleep in it! When you wake up your skin is silky smooth and moisturized. Like a big gulp of water for your skin. I put down a hand towel on my pillow so the product didn’t get on my pillow case. But it really does soak in to the skin so well you hardly notice anything. I can’t think of a better product for your skin in the dry winter months or even in the summer months when your skin takes a beating from the sun and gets dried out. The mask includes all star ingredients like mango butter, squalene- both known for their healing properties. Mango butter has a blend of vitamin a and vitamin c, plus essential fatty acids, While squalene-derived from olive oil, helps to firm the skin. Another key ingredient in this mask is hyaluronic acid. Able to hold 1,000 times it’s weight in water, this ingredient really draws all the moisture to your skin. Keeping it well hydrated. I also can’t not mention a key ingredient called AC collagen Pre-peptide, this ingredient comes from seaweed and is known to increase collagen synthesis by 400% after 48 hours! I know- kind of amazing. It’s small molecular size, makes it easy for the product to get deep into the skin and do the work. I also love that it doesn’t contain a lot of the typical pore clogging ingredients like many facial creams.
Gurl Gone Green Team Member Becky’s Thoughts: This is one of the first products Suzi gave me to try out. I told her I had dry, dull skin and she sent me this amongst other products to try out. And this moisture lock mask was one that definitely stood out to me! I live in the Midwest and we can get super harsh winters which is so hard on the skin. I would apply this at night and my skin would absorb it right in! I had no need to lay anything down on the pillow as no product came off (my dry skin literally soaked it all up!). In the morning I would notice my skin was so much more silky smooth and definitely more hydrated. I absolutely recommend this product, especially if you suffer from dry skin. Get yours here!
Gurl Gone Green Team Member Becky’s Thoughts: So this is the most recent product line Suzi gifted me to try out (She is soooo generous!). I have tried other Beautycounter products that I liked, but I have never been one to stick with one brand or certain products in my skincare routine. Granted my skincare routine was pretty much a cleanser and moisturizer prior to working with Suzi and now it definitely has grown and my skin is showing such a change for the better because of this! Like I said before I definitely have dry skin with signs of aging that I don’t love. When Suzi asked what I was looking for in a product I said I wanted ALL the anti-aging benefits possible. She thought the Beautycounter Countertime Line would be a good line to try. And, she was right!!! You can get the full Countertime Line here. Or you can get the travel set here.
- One thing that I have learned from Suzi that I was not aware of was how great oil cleansing would be for my dry skin. What a difference it has made! And specifically the Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil has been so good to my skin. It is super lightweight, removes all my makeup and my skin doesn’t feel stripped at all after using it. Plus it contains Retinatural Complex which includes Bakuchiol that has been shown to provide skin-care results that are comparable to retinol (without any harmful side effects) and Swiss Alpine Rose which boosts the skin’s antioxidant defense. Plus Vitamin E and essential fatty acids to help maintain the skin’s moisture barrier.
- I then use the Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence. This is so different than other toners I have used. It is a thicker consistency and it contains vital nutrients to add to the skin’s moisture barrier. This means an instant boost of hydration, which I can attest to! The hydrating essence also contains the Retinatural Complex along with Sea Water (helps restore vital nutrients and minerals to the skin) and Fermented Sugars (soothes skin and improves hydration which slows any signs of aging).
- Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum is next. I have heard Suzi say that if you are going to put your money toward only one product, your serum is where you want to put it as that is what is going to do the most for your skin. This serum is so good! It contains not only the Retinatural Complex, but also Tripeptide (boosts skin’s visible firmness and minimizes the look of lines and wrinkles) and Amino Acids (protects skin from damaging environmental stressors).
- In the morning I use the Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream and it is so perfect for wearing under makeup or even the perfect amount of hydration for a makeup free day. Not greasy AT ALL and my skin has the perfect amount of hydration. And it takes hardly any of the cream to cover my entire face and neck area. Of course it contains some awesome anti-aging ingredients. The first being the Retinatural Complex. It also contains Nasturtium flower extract (protects and defends against drying environmental stressors) and Fermented Sugars (soothes skin while helping slow the visible effects of aging).
- I have saved the best for last. The Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream is so, so good! If I had to pick only one product in the entire Countertime Line it would be this one. I use it in my nighttime skincare routine and it provides SO MUCH hydration, really more than any other product I have tried. Within just days of using this I could tell a difference in my skin and even how my makeup wears from my skin having so much more hydration. The Supreme Cream of course contains the Retinatural Complex. It also has Tetrapeptide which does so much for your skin: it helps increase skin elasticity, minimizes the appearance of lines, boosts visible firmness, and smooths skin surface. It also has Fermented Sugars that help soothe skin while helping slow the visible effects. If you were only wanting to invest in one Countertime product this is 100% the one I would recommend.
Gurl Gone Green Team Member Becky’s Thoughts: I absolutely love coffee. I drink it nearly everyday and add nothing to it. So a good coffee is so important because I am not covering up the flavor with anything else. I am also a bit picky when it comes to my coffee. I first began drinking it on a mission trip to Costa Rica where I was literally on the plantation and got try so many tasty coffees right there. I have even roasted my own coffee at home. So when Suzi gifted me some Purity Coffee I was super intrigued. I have purchased organic coffee, but I had no idea there was so much involved to make sure you were getting a truly clean coffee. Purity Coffee takes a 3 step approach to ensuring the best cup of coffee:
- They select only the finest grade organic green coffee beans, then laboratory test them to ensure they meet their standards.
- Then when it comes to roasting they customize each roast for each set of green coffee beans so it minimizes toxins and maximizes health benefits.
- The last step is making sure it stays as fresh as the day it was packaged with Purity’s packaging standards.
That is all great, but if it doesn’t taste great then none of that matters. Well, I can attest the flavor is top notch! I don’t think I have ever had a smoother tasting coffee then Purity Coffee. You can read Suzi’s full review here. Get your Purity Coffee here!
Gurl Gone Green Team Member Becky’s Thoughts: So electrolytes was something I knew was important but I haven’t been great about including in my day to day life. I was so excited to get to try out LMNT Electrolytes and I have to say I have been super impressed. I have gotten all the flavors to try and seriously love all of them, but the citrus salt flavor is probably my favorite. It tastes so good and reminds me of a margarita…that is, a healthy margarita that is adding hydration to my body. Not only do I feel more hydrated, but I really think this has helped my dry skin feel more hydrated from the inside out. If you’ve never tried LMNT before, snag a free box with all the flavors and just pay shipping. If you know what you want, get your LMNT Electrolytes here.
If you liked this post, be sure to check out past posts below: