I’ve rounded out the Best Natural Face Washes for you! I get so many questions on what is the best cleanser, so I thought I would share my faves. There is something for everyone and every budget. Every skin type has specific needs and goals. All of these cleansers will keep your pH in check, so you’re not left with skin that is crying out for hydration. If anything these organic face washes help put moisture back in your skin and protect your acid mantle.
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
*Suzi (Gurl Gone Green) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
What To Look For In A Natural Face Wash
Here are some things to look for in a natural face wash:
- Ingredients: Look for a face wash that is made with natural ingredients that are gentle on your skin.
- Fragrance: If you have been around for any sort of time you know that this is a big NO for any type of products – including cleansers.
- pH level: The pH level of your face wash is important because it can affect the acidity of your skin. A good face wash will have a pH level that is close to the pH level of your skin, which is about 5.5.
- Packaging: Look for a face wash that is packaged in a way that is sustainable and environmentally friendly. While this isn’t always possible, I think it is a great thing to consider when you can.
Here are some additional tips for choosing a natural face wash:
- Consider your skin type: If you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, you will need to choose a face wash that is specifically formulated for your skin type. Here are the most common formulas:
- Oil Cleanser
- Balm Cleanser
- Cream Cleanser
- Bar Soap
- Start slowly: If you have sensitive skin, start by using the face wash once a day and gradually increase the frequency of use as your skin gets used to it. If your skin doesn’t react easily to new products this won’t be necessary.
*Because choosing a natural face wash that works well for your skin type, I have highlighted my favorite picks for each skin type below.
How To Use A Face Wash Correctly
Here are the steps on how to use a face wash correctly:
- Wash your hands. Obviously you don’t want to wash your face with dirty hands – defeats the purpose!
- Wet your face with lukewarm water. Hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils, while cold water may not be enough to remove dirt and makeup. If you are using an oil cleanser you will apply this to dry or just slightly damp skin.
- Apply a small amount of face wash to your fingertips. You don’t need a lot of product to get the job done.
- Massage the face wash into your skin in gentle, circular motions. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies, including your forehead, nose, chin, and neck.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water. Make sure to rinse away all of the face wash, especially around the eyes.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel. Don’t rub, as this can irritate your skin.
Here are some additional tips for using a face wash correctly:
- Don’t over-wash your face. Just like you can over wash your hair you can over wash your face too. Washing your face more than twice a day can strip your skin of its natural oils.
- Avoid harsh scrubs. Scrubs can be too harsh for some skin types and can cause irritation.
- Moisturize after washing your face. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out.
Related Content: Best Natural Moisturizers (For Your Skin Type)
Best Natural Face Washes
Marie Veronique Pure + E.O. Free Oil Cleanser
**Best For Normal to Dry Skin**
This cleanser is an oil but more of a creamy oil. It comes in a glass pump bottle which makes me love it even more. I always shake it up before I use it to make sure the product is evenly distributed. I get my skin slightly damp and then squeeze out a small amount and massage into my skin. It removes not only my face makeup but also my eye makeup-with no stinging! Yes, a miracle cleanser is what I call it. After I massage it all in, I then take a warm wash cloth and wipe off. It doesn’t dry out my skin at all but helps keep it so balanced. It’s rare as a green beauty blogger that I actually finish a product, but this one…it’s almost gone. I love that it’s also essential oil free, great for those with sensitive skin too.
Beautycounter Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
**Best For Mature Skin**
This cleanser is unique and so good and is the best natural face cleanser for aging skin. The cleanser is a spin off of Asian skincare. You apply it to dry skin as an oil but as you add water it emulsifies into a milky consistency. It removes all my makeup effortlessly, no stinging and my skin doesn’t feel stripped after using. I literally want to use this every night- it’s that good. Trust me I have a variety of other products I could use but I keep reaching for this one over and over. Did I mention the smell? AH-MAZING!
Tata Harper Superkind Softening Cleanse
**Best For Sensitive Skin**
I am currently using this cleanser and LOVE it! This is from Tata Harper’s newest line for sensitive and reactive skin. It’s fragrance free, and essential oil free. It has the best of both worlds. It not only foams up slightly so your skin feels clean, but it doesn’t strip or dry out your skin because at it’s core it’s a cream cleanser. They nailed the formula! I love how it removes all my makeup and the daily grind effortlessly. It has lipid complex in it to support a healthy skin barrier. Plus, it comes in the chicest pump bottle!
Alpyn Beauty Juneberry & Collagen Hydrating Cream Cleanser
**Best For Dry Skin**
One of their newer products that I fell hard for. It’s a modern take on a cold cream, but it doesn’t feel too thick. It easily removes with water and a washcloth and slightly emulsifies when you mix water with it. It’s truly so refreshing on the skin. It even has a slight tingle to it with the eucalyptus in it. Doesn’t strip my skin at all, but nourishes it while cleansing. You can also leave it on as a mask for even extra benefit! Totally love this- especially for a winter cleanser when my skin needs extra moisture.
Use code GURLGONEGREEN15 to save 15%!
One Love Organics B Enzyme Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover
**Best Overall Cleanser**
First off, the smell of this lovely cleanser is divine! It smells like tropical paradise…if that’s even a smell or possible. It is an oil cleanser, but has more slip to it. You don’t need to even use a washcloth to get all the residue off, you can just rinse with water. After cleansing, my face feels perfectly clean, smooth, and balanced. It gets rid of all my makeup so easily. Oh and it comes in a glass pump bottle, which my inner green goddess loves. If your skin is dry/combination this is your baby.
OSEA Ocean Cleanser
**Best For Normal To Combination Skin**
This cleanser is milky smooth to the core! I love how it gets rid of all my makeup and grime but doesn’t strip my skin. It feels so silky on the skin. The scent is so pleasant too- I get hints of jasmine. It has lactic acid in it that helps to slough off the dead skin and reveal a bright glowing complexion. I love how it even removes my eye makeup effortlessly. I just rub it all over my eye area and it quickly picks up all the dirt and grime. Then I rinse off with water and then wipe clean with a warm washcloth. I also get my face a little damp before I apply the cleanser- helps to give it a little slip. My skin feels so clean but balanced and not too dry. Plus, I love that it comes in a glass frosted bottle- swoon!
Use code gurlgonegreen10 to save 10%!
Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser
**Best For Normal To Combination Skin**
This is a newer facial cleanser for me and one I’m loving! It feels like such a good mix between a gel cleanser, but one that doesn’t strip the skin. I love how my skin feels fresh, clean and brighter. It really does gives your skin a glow! I also love that it removes my eye makeup too. It hits all the marks. It smells lightly of strawberries too, which I love. A total winner for a clean beauty cleanser!
Pai PHAZE Rebalance Clarifying Cleanser
**Best For Acne Prone Skin**
This is the newest cleanser I’ve tried and I love it! It works so well at really giving skin a good cleanse. Specifically formulated for oily/acne skin, however, I loved it for my dry skin too. I don’t know if I would love it as much in the winter when it’s cooler out, but love it in the summer when it’s more humid. It doesn’t dry out my skin. I love how it removes all my makeup- even eye makeup. It gets slightly creamy as you add water and gives your skin that fresh faced feeling. A great overall cleanser that isn’t too harsh. Even those with sensitive skin can use this too!
Blissoma Clean Oatmilk Mellow Facial Cleansing Bar
**Best Bar Cleanser**
I’ve found in the past that a lot of bar soaps can feel drying to the skin, however, Blissoma’s Oatmilk Mellow Facial Cleansing Bar feels so nourishing and soothing. It’s made with 6 nourishing oils and is great for even sensitive skin types. It has a subtle smell of lavender, mint and vetiver. It removes makeup easily and doesn’t make your skin feel tight like a lot of bar soaps. I was very impressed with how clean my skin felt, but not dry. I’ve even had people say it helped with their rosacea too. And I love that it’s a great no-plastic option.
Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash
**Best Men’s Natural Face Wash**
I love how refreshing the scent is of the Fantastic Face Wash. You get hints of cedar and spearmint. It’s reminiscent of a gel face wash I grew up using. This doesn’t feel super stripping compared to other gel face washes I’ve used in the past. I tend to like a gel cleanser in the morning during the warmer months when it’s little more humid out. I would definitely recommend this for normal to combination skin types. If you do have dry skin it might be a little too drying overall. It removes all makeup which I love! My hubs loves this cleanser! It’s a good basic cleanser. Great for teenagers and young adults who are just getting started with skincare.
Aleavia Purifying Facial Cleanse
**Best Natural Face Wash For Teens**
This is a great option for teens for a couple reasons. First, it’s budget friendly, you get a good amount of product for the price. Second, it contains simple ingredients that acts like a basic gel cleanser. It really does the job of cleansing the skin well. Lastly, it’s great for acne skin as it adds prebiotics and probiotics on the skin. Feeding the skin the good bacteria, instead of stripping it. Such a great overall budget friendly cleanser!
Use code GGG15 to save 15% off your purchase!
And there are all my picks for best natural face washes!
Did I miss your favorite? Share below!
If you liked this post, check out these past posts: