I have to say I was quite excited about the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher when I found it. I have definitely shared about other water filters because I think it is so important to filter your water, but finding a water pitcher that actually performed as well as other high end options is a game changer for many. I am sharing my Clearly Filtered Review with you so you know exactly what this product can do and if it is right for you and your family!
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
This water pitcher is unlike many of the conventional water pitcher filters on the market. It’s compact (when you compare to other water filtration systems available), easy to use and its performance is unmatched by most other water pitcher filters. If you are serious about pure drinking water that is free of contaminants, then this is the filtered water pitcher that you will want for your home!
In fact, this pitcher filter removes 99.9% of 270+ harmful and dangerous tap water contaminants. (1)
Check out my Filtered Water 2021 Ultimate Guide for everything you need to know on why you should even be concerned about filtering your tap water plus so much more! I am diving in on the details of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher, but you can skip to the bottom for my thoughts and review of it.
Features of The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Some of the features of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher include:
- Made of 100% BPA & BPS Free medical grade Tritan materials. Which means it’s not leaching additional chemicals into your drinking water!
- Holds a capacity of 80 ounces (equivalent to 10 cups).
- Built in Water Dam. This feature ensures that your filtered water is kept separate from the unfiltered water as you pour the filtered water out of the pitcher.
- Easy Grip Handle to ensure ease of use in both pouring and carrying a full pitcher of water.
- An average filter life is 100 gallons or for ~4 months.
- Uses Affinity Filtration Technology to remove contaminants from tap water.
How Does The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Work?
The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher has a 3 stage system to filter out the contaminants in your water which consists of the following:
Stage 1: Woven Mesh Screen
The first stage is a woven, stainless steel mesh screen. This stage removes any larger particles from entering the actual filter.
Stage 2: Granulated Coconut Carbon
This stage in the filtration step will remove chlorine, bad tastes and odors.
Stage 3: Composite Shell
The composite shell contains 7+ proprietary filtration materials and uses what is called Affinity Filtration. This is a dual technology approach to filtering water. First, the filter is dense, thus slowing the flow of the water and allowing more contact time of the filter with the water. More contact time equals more contaminants removed! Plus, it has a ‘contaminant magnet' that is able to identify the contaminants and pull them out of the water. It is then bound to the filter, leaving just the pure water to pass through (including natural minerals and nutrients).
What contaminants are removed by the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher?
The claim of removing 99.9% of contaminants in tap water is great and all, but I think it’s important to know exactly which ones are removed and how this is even verified! Well, I am here to tell you that you can feel great about these claims because the water pitcher is independently tested to NSF standards 42, 53, 244, 401 & 473. I won't list ALL of the contaminants removed (because there are 270 and you can visit HERE to see a full list) but here are just some of the contaminants that the filter removes:
- Pharmaceutical Drugs
And, while some want a comparison of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher and some of the mainstream water pitchers (like Brita), I am here to say there really is no comparison. While the Brita filters do remove some contaminants, they miss out on some big hitters that I don't want in my drinking water. For example, according to their website, a ‘healthful amount of fluoride is retained by the Brita water filters.' Plus, only some of their filters remove lead and only the faucet filters (not the pitcher filters) remove ‘select pharmaceuticals, pesticides/herbicides.' (2)
How long does the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter last?
Like I mentioned above, the filter in the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher will last for approximately 100 gallons or 4 months. However this is dependent on a few things. First, the higher the level of contaminants in your tap water, the harder your filter will have to work. It has been found those in large cities or older cities will go through a filter faster. Secondly, it is dependent on how many people are in your family. An individual could probably use the filter for 4-6 months, whereas a family may go through a filter in 2-3 months.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Warranty
The great thing about investing in this pitcher is that it comes with a lifetime warranty! Not only that, but within the first 30 days if you aren't happy with your new pitcher they offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. This means you can return it for a full refund. All the details on this can be found on their website.
Clearly Filtered Discount Code
Clearly Filtered is offering my readers a discount code!
I was excited to test out the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher because I truly believe there’s nothing else like it on the market. I often share about water filters but they usually come with a heftier price tag. Not Clearly Filtered! This is a great budget friendly option for your home. Coming in at $75, this is a huge savings from many standard water filters. This isn't like most of the water pitchers on the market either. So what did I think? Keep reading to find out.
- I love that it’s a pitcher. It truly makes it so convenient to be able to have filtered water wherever you go. I took mine with us on vacation and avoided having to buy water or bring a huge filter in order to have clean filtered water. It fits conveniently in the fridge.
- It’s perfect for single family homes or individuals. I gave one to my grandma because it’s just her and she doesn’t want a large water filter. This is just what she needs for her water needs without taking up a lot of room.
- Saves you money. Often when thinking about filtering your water it can seem overwhelming with the initial cost. With Clearly Filtered you can have filtered drinking water for under $100. A huge savings compared to most water filtration systems on the market.
- Medical grade 100% BPA free. So you don’t have to think twice about what is going in your water.
- Lifetime Warranty. So you can rest assured you’ll always have clean filtered water.
- It is the best water filter pitcher on the market. Removing more than 270 contaminants! It’s independently tested to meet NSF standards. I love that it removes harmful contaminants but doesn’t remove minerals like calcium, and magnesium.
- It does filter slowly. While I know this is due to filtering out all the contaminants and truly getting the purest water, it does take a while to filter water. What I learned after using it was to filter a batch of water first thing before I really needed it, then go ahead and fill it up to filter another batch. This was especially critical while on vacation and the 5 of us in our family were relying on one water pitcher. It totally worked great once I did that and kept up on it. Every time I used it I would just refill it again, so it never got too low.
- Not very large. Obviously since it’s a pitcher, it doesn’t have a very large capacity compared to a larger water filtration system. If you have a large family I would consider getting two water filter pitchers just to make sure you had enough water for everyone.
- It does cost more compared to other water filter pitchers but to me that’s to be expected because you’re getting a better quality filter overall- there’s nothing else like it on the market.
- Lid can sometimes come off when pouring. This isn’t a huge deal in my opinion because I remember having to hold other water pitcher filters back in the day, but it is something to take note of. I would recommend just holding the lid down with your finger or thumb when pouring so it doesn’t come off.
That’s my full review on the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher! If you have tried the water pitcher, let me know what you think of it in the comments below.
If you liked this post, check out these past posts:
- Filtered Water: A Complete Guide 2021
- Why You Need A Shower & Bath Filter
- 5 Free Ways to Detox Your Home