I have to say I was quite excited about the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher when I found it. I have definitely shared about other water filters because I think it is so important to filter your water, but finding a water pitcher that actually performed as well as other high end options is a game changer for many. I am sharing my Clearly Filtered Review with you so you know exactly what this product can do and if it is right for you and your family!
*Affiliate Disclosure: I do have affiliate links in this blog post. If you purchase something from my link, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This comes at no cost to you, but is paid by the company. I do not take becoming an affiliate with any company lightly. If I am, it’s because I believe in the company and their product.
Overview Of The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
This water pitcher is unlike many of the conventional water pitcher filters on the market. It’s compact (when you compare to other water filtration systems available), easy to use and its performance is unmatched by most other water pitcher filters. If you are serious about pure drinking water that is virtually free of contaminants, then this is the filtered water pitcher that you will want for your home!
In the most recent independent testing, the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher and Filter were found to filter 99.9% of 365+ toxins! You can find the specifics on this testing HERE.
Check out my Filtered Water Ultimate Guide for everything you need to know on why you should even be concerned about filtering your tap water plus so much more! I am diving in on the details of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher, but you can skip to the bottom for my thoughts and review of it.
Features Of The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Some of the features of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher include:
- Made of 100% BPA & BPS Free medical grade Tritan materials. Which means it’s not leaching additional chemicals into your drinking water!
- Holds a capacity of 80 ounces (equivalent to 10 cups).
- Built in Water Dam. This feature ensures that your filtered water is kept separate from the unfiltered water as you pour the filtered water out of the pitcher.
- Easy Grip Handle to ensure ease of use in both pouring and carrying a full pitcher of water.
- An average filter life is 100 gallons or ~4 months.
- Uses Affinity Filtration Technology to reduce the contaminants found in tap water.
Related Content: LMNT Electrolyte Review
How Does The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Work?
The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher has a 3 stage system to filter out the contaminants in your water which consists of the following:
Stage 1: Woven Mesh Screen
The first stage is a woven, stainless steel mesh screen. This stage limits any larger particles from entering the actual filter.
Stage 2: Granulated Coconut Carbon
This stage in the filtration step will reduce chlorine, bad tastes and odors.
Stage 3: Composite Shell
The composite shell contains 7+ proprietary filtration materials and uses what is called Affinity Filtration. This is a dual technology approach to filtering water. First, the filter is dense, thus slowing the flow of the water and allowing more contact time of the filter with the water. More contact time equals more contaminants reduced! Plus, it has a ‘contaminant magnet’ that is able to identify the contaminants and pull them out of the water. It is then bound to the filter, leaving just the pure water to pass through (including natural minerals and nutrients).
What Contaminants Are Filtered By The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher?
The claim of filtering out 99.9% of contaminants in tap water is great and all, but I think it’s important to know exactly which ones are reduced and how this is even verified! Well, I am here to tell you that you can feel great about these claims because the water pitcher is independently tested and verified by EPA-accredited laboratories at levels exceeding NSF standards. I won’t list ALL of the contaminants that are targeted (because there are 365+ and you can visit HERE to see a full list) but here are just some of the contaminants that the filter reduces:
- Pharmaceutical Drugs
And, while some want a comparison of the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher and some of the mainstream water pitchers (like Brita), I am here to say there really is no comparison.
While the Brita filters do remove some contaminants, they miss out on some big hitters that I don’t want in my drinking water. For example, according to their website, a ‘healthful amount of fluoride is retained by the Brita water filters.‘ Plus, only some of their filters remove lead and only the faucet filters (not the pitcher filters) remove ‘select pharmaceuticals, pesticides/herbicides.’ As you can so, not even close to what Clearly Filtered is able to do!
Clearly Filtered also has a new Water Quality Database.
This data base allows you to enter your zip code to see not only what contaminants are in your water, but which exceed the Environmental Working Group’s Health Guidelines AND which of these contaminants are able to be filtered by Clearly Filtered filters. They make it so easy not only to see what’s in our tap water, but also why it’s so important to make sure we are filtering it!
How Long Does The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filter Last?
Like I mentioned above, the filter in the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher will last for approximately 100 gallons or 4 months. However this is dependent on a few things.
First, the higher the level of contaminants in your tap water, the harder your filter will have to work. It has been found those in large cities or older cities will go through a filter faster.
Secondly, it is dependent on how many people are in your family. An individual could probably use the filter for 4-6 months, whereas a family may go through a filter in 2-3 months.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Warranty
The great thing about investing in this pitcher is that it comes with a lifetime warranty! Not only that, but within the first 30 days if you aren’t happy with your new pitcher they offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. This means you can return it for a full refund. All the details on this can be found on their website.
Clearly Filtered Discount Code
Clearly Filtered is offering my readers a discount code!
PURCHASE YOUR CLEARLY FILTERED WATER PITCHER HERE AND SAVE 15% WITH CODE GGG15! (this code excludes replacement filters)
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Review
I was excited to test out the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher because I truly believe there’s nothing else like it on the market. I often share about water filters but they usually come with a heftier price tag. Not Clearly Filtered!
This is a great budget friendly option for your home. Coming in at $90, this is a huge savings from many standard water filters. This isn’t like most of the water pitchers on the market either. So what did I think? Keep reading to find out.
- I love that it’s a pitcher. It truly makes it so convenient to be able to have filtered water wherever you go. I took mine with us on vacation and avoided having to buy water or bring a huge filter in order to have clean filtered water. It fits conveniently in the fridge.
- It’s perfect for single family homes or individuals. I gave one to my grandma because it’s just her and she doesn’t want a large water filter. This is just what she needs for her water needs without taking up a lot of room.
- Saves you money. Often when thinking about filtering your water it can seem overwhelming with the initial cost. With Clearly Filtered you can have filtered drinking water for under $100. A huge savings compared to most water filtration systems on the market.
- Medical grade 100% BPA free. So you don’t have to think twice about what is going in your water.
- Lifetime Warranty. So you can rest assured you’ll always have clean filtered water.
- It is the best water filter pitcher on the market. It reduces more than 365 contaminants! It’s independently tested to meet NSF standards. I love that it limits harmful contaminants but doesn’t remove minerals like calcium, and magnesium.
- It does filter slowly. While I know this is due to filtering out all the contaminants and truly getting the purest water, it does take a while to filter water. What I learned after using it was to filter a batch of water first thing before I really needed it, then go ahead and fill it up to filter another batch. This was especially critical while on vacation and the 5 of us in our family were relying on one water pitcher. It totally worked great once I did that and kept up on it. Every time I used it I would just refill it again, so it never got too low.
- Not very large. Obviously since it’s a pitcher, it doesn’t have a very large capacity compared to a larger water filtration system. If you have a large family I would consider getting two water filter pitchers just to make sure you had enough water for everyone.
- It does cost more compared to other water filter pitchers but to me that’s to be expected because you’re getting a better quality filter overall- there’s nothing else like it on the market.
- Lid can sometimes come off when pouring. This isn’t a huge deal in my opinion because I remember having to hold other water pitcher filters back in the day, but it is something to take note of. I would recommend just holding the lid down with your finger or thumb when pouring so it doesn’t come off.
Use code GGG15 to save 15% off your purchase (excluded replacement filters).
More Clearly Filtered Product Reviews
The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher isn’t the only product I have from this company. Here are the other products I have and use daily:
- Clearly Filtered 3 Stage: The 3 stage water filter has been so convenient for my family! It’s a filter that is installed under the sink and will filter out your (cold) tap water. The installation is so simple that you can do it yourself – no plumber needed! The 3 stage filter will reduce 232+ contaminants! The tubing is made of stainless steel so no plastic is involved. And, it doesn’t strip your water of minerals. Such a great water filter!
- Clearly Filtered Water Bottles: These water bottles make having clean and pure water so easy and convenient. No need to buy water – you can fill these up and they will filter the water for you. They are able to reduce 99.9% of 220+ contaminants.
That’s my full review on the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher! If you have tried the water pitcher, let me know what you think of it in the comments below.
If you liked this post, check out these past posts:
Thank you for the information!
Very informative article providing consumer’s with important research stats and data.
Unfortunately, as you say in the Pro and Con list. There is a major issue with the lid cover from quite a few reviews I have read on this water filter. Reading these reviews and the dates they were posted. I feel that this defect should be corrected to make the Clearly Filtered water pitcher worth the top pick rating.
Hi Sam- I have the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher too. When I first received the water pitcher I also had a lid that didn’t stay on. I contacted customer service and they sent me out a new lid and now I have zero issues. I was super impressed with the customer service provided and well worth it to have a water pitcher that is able to perform like the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher…my kids can even use the pitcher with no issues:)
Thank you very much for your reply. It is greatly appreciated.
Happy to hear the lid issue was resolved for you. But with the negative reviews the company has gotten from the purchasers of the pitcher. Wouldn’t you think that the company would take immediate action to repair the problem. Although they did provide you with a new lid that works correctly now. How many more defective lids are in their inventory. The company should be testing each unit (before) it is sent out to the purchaser.
Myself, I will continue to monitor the Clearly Filtered Pitcher reviews.
Before I make my purchase.