So you want to know how to get perfect brows? Well keep reading friends! Probably the most asked question I get is about my brows. How I do them, what products I use, etc. This post has been a long time coming. I really wanted to test out all the products first to make sure I had tried most of green beauty’s brow products and bring you the best of the best!
Brows have a way of defining your whole face. Brows are to the face, like icing is to cake- inseparable! They complete your look.
I want to share with you my favorite brow products. The ones that made the cut. When I’m looking for a great eyebrow product there’s a lot of factors that come into play. From ease of application, longevity and overall how natural the formula looks. So keeping that in mind let’s get to it!
I just discovered this product this past year and let’s just say I fell hard for it! There’s so many reasons why it has been my go too as of late. I apply this with a brow brush and use light upward strokes.
- It is so easy to apply. You get a good amount of pigment on the brush, yet not too much where you fear looking like cleopatra. Plus, its so smooth!
- It stays the whole day! Yep, you heard me. I apply this in the morning and there’s no smears or smudging throughout the day.
- It looks so natural and there is no redness- can I get a hallelujah! This is my biggest complaint when it comes to finding a good eyebrow product. Being a dark browed gal I’ve found most brow products to have a tinge of warmness to them. But my brows are dark and ashy- so they end up looking brassy- not a good look.
I also sampled their brow gold gel and their regular gel and they’re both amazing products. The gel is the actual only 100% organic gel on the market. It helps keep brows in place, but without stiffness. The balm helps keep brows hydrated and healthy. They even offer a kit called the Brow Ninja, which is the one I sampled. Check out all their colors for their brow powder. I am wearing the color Smolder.
*Also, check out my recent eyebrow tutorial I did on my Instagram Live!
Here’s me wearing Browtopia’s Brow Defining Powder-
Hynt Beauty Brow Cream-
This has been a long time favorite. They offer a variety of colors- something for everyone. I use the color espresso.
- I love how it’s almost like a wax and color in one.
- It looks so natural. The product doesn’t come out heavy handed at all. Which I think is nice for most people and those who are new at doing their brows. It helps avoid the dreaded overdone eyebrow.
- This brow cream also doesn’t have the redness in it like so many. The espresso has a swirl of dark and light brown. Love it, because it helps almost customize you’re own color.
Here’s me wearing Hynt Brow Cream in Espresso-
Products I have to have for best brows-
- Zuzu Luxe – Mascara Clear – This is actually a clear mascara. It comes just like you would buy a regular mascara but it’s clear. I’ve been using this for brows for years! It’s my favorite for keeping my brows in place and looking natural. It draws all the hairs up. Snag one here and take your brows to the next level!
- Brush and Comb– This is a must have tool for best brows as well. It helps to keep brows in place, and is great for holding brows up when trimming them. Kooba Makeup Eyebrow Brush
- Ecotools Cruelty Free Bamboo Brow Having a good brow spoodle is essential for helping to blend in the brow color. A brow liner brush is essential for applying brow color. I like a stiff small liner brush. Helps to get the most natural strokes.
- Tweezerman Stainless Brow Shaping Scissors These are essential for keeping brows under control! No one wants a crazy long hair hanging out on their brow. These keep my brows trimmed to perfection.
- Tweezerman Stainless Steel Slant Tweezer In order to have good brows, one must have a good pair of tweezers. These take the cake for getting rid of all those pesky hairs, without pulling out your skin too!
Here’s me with nothing on my brows-
Word to the Wise on Brow Shaping-
I prefer to do my brows myself. I may get them shaped by someone else once in a blue moon but for the most part I just pluck when I see a hair. It is essential to tweeze brows a little too, even if you do get them sugared, because it helps to shape them. However, if you do prefer to get them shaped by someone else because you’re not sure what would look best or just need a different set of eyes, these are the options I would recommend.
- Sugaring- This is becoming more and more popular. The sugaring mixture is made from sugar, lemon and water typically. It pulls hair at the root. The mixture is applied all over the hair and pulled up. Sugaring doesn’t cling to skin, like typical wax so a much better option for sensitive skin. I love it because it’s not toxic(hello I’m looking at you conventional paraffin wax) and it’s better for the skin too. Traditional waxes tend to pull the skin. This creates thin skin over time and enlarged pores.
- Threading- When you get your eyebrows threaded a professional takes a thin cotton thread and turns it into two strands and moves them in almost a rhythmic motion along your eyebrow removing hairs. The hairs are removed with the thread. It’s one of the best methods for those who suffer from sensitive skin. It originated in Asia and the Middle East.
- Nordstrom- At Nordstrom they have a brow bar called Anastasia. This is a conventional brand of brow products. I don’t recommend their brow products, however they do have brow shaping at most Nordstrom stores available. Where you can get a trained professional to help shape your brows. I’ve done this before. I just tell them I don’t want any wax used but just shaping through tweezers. It’s always nice to get a new set of eyes on your brows and to get them freshly shaped.
How to grow back brows-
This is a question I get asked a lot. The simple answer is time. They say it can take anywhere from 3-6 months up to a year for them to fully grow back- be patient. I was there too back in the day when my brows had been over plucked from happy tweezer fingers! Besides time there are a few other tips I have too.
- Brushing your brows regularly can help stimulate growth. Use a brow brush.
- Use a growth serum. I really like Plume serum. It works for both eyelashes and eyebrows. Plus, it’s natural-no crazy toxins!
- Apply castor oil at night and massage into brows. This helps to moisten and condition the area, which helps hair to grow.
*I have tried a TON of green beauty eyebrow products and I will say the two above are my faves.
What are your favorite green beauty eyebrow products?