I’m so excited to share 7 Health Habits For 2019 with you! I really wanted to share a post that would both inspire you in your health journey and cause you to want to go to the next level in 2019. It’s easy to make a list of health goals and end up with 20, but I wanted this to be practical and doable. I chose 7 after thinking about. After all, that’s one for each day of the week.
Join the 5 Day Clean Living Challenge and start living your best natural life!
I’ve been on this health journey for a while and I’ve read many books, listened to many podcasts and have a pretty decent grasp on what is true health and what’s a fad. Fads don’t last but real health does. Plus, we don’t want fads anyways, we want to create long lasting habits that will truly last the rest of your life. Health is a journey- I say it a lot. It’s not a destination. If you’re looking for a one hit wonder, this post isn’t for you. There isn’t a magic formula for achieving optimal health, it’s consistency and small steps each and everyday. They all add up.
As my brother, Dr. Matt, a naturopathic physician says, “Accumulate health.”
I couldn’t agree more. Everyday you want to accumulate more and more health. It isn’t the one month where you do “all” the healthy things but the everyday habits that make the difference. I’ve literally been on a journey to heal my hashimoto’s for a while. This hasn’t been something that’s happened over night. It’s taken consistent health habits to get better. But guess what? It works! My antibodies have gone down, my energy has gone up and I’m feeling good. All those little things add up. Let’s check in with our habits and see where they’re at. How do you start your day? What does breakfast look like? Are you always on the go? Not taking time for yourself? Think about your life and the habits that you’ve adopted. Are they serving you or hurting you?
Do you struggle with knowing what to look for when it comes to reading food labels? Gurl Gone Green Membership takes the guesswork out of it. Check out Gurl Gone Green Membership here!
I think it’s important to have some goals when it comes to creating healthy habits. A couple books I love that talk about forming habits and creating them are:
Some podcasts that I love listening too when it comes to habits and Mindset are:
I think it’s important to always be growing and causing yourself to think bigger. You can adopt new habits and change your old ones. It is possible! Sometimes we just need to be reminded.
Learn how to make the best green smoothie. A nutritious meal on the go loaded with all the healthy fats, protein, greens and fiber. Check out my freebie below!
So here are the 7 health habits that have changed my life and I know will change your life if you let them!
I actually adopted a word for this year and it’s mindset. I’ve never done this before but I’ve realized how important mindset is when changing your habits over the years and I want to focus on it even more this year. If I literally don’t change the way I think no habit is going to stick. I may change temporarily but it won’t be lasting change. The past couple years I’ve realized the areas I’ve changed in are because of mindset shifts and changes I’ve had. Not because I was super motivated because we all know that can fade, but because I had changed my thinking about it. I literally don’t have dairy or gluten, and I don’t think about it. I know it can cause my hashimoto’s to flair up, so I just don’t do it. It’s just not even a question in my mind. I just don’t make it an option. If I let my mindset be that maybe I’ll have dairy or gluten sometimes then I might. But I just don’t go there. The same thing could be true for anything in your life. Whether it’s business, family, whatever. This applies to anything, but obviously we’re focusing on health. Do you think you can never lose the weight? Do you think you’ll always struggle eating clean? What’s your limiting belief you’re accepting as truth?
Who you associate yourself with is a pretty big deal. I know we’ve all heard it. Who you surround yourself with is who you become. When you surround yourself with people that cause you to go higher, than you fall in line with that. Imagine if your best friend was constantly working out, being active and asking you to come. Don’t you think that would rub off on you? Eventually you would probably go workout and start being more active. The opposite is also true. If you hang around people that just want to sit around and watch t.v. all day, eat junk food and don’t care about health, you’ll likely start adopting those same habits. I’m not saying ditch all your friends but consider what you want to change in your life when it comes to healthy habits and if your friends are supporting those goals. Maybe it will just take you standing up saying you’re going to start eating clean and they would follow suit. Sometimes someone just needs to be the first one that stands up. The same could be true for your spouse. Maybe you wished they were stronger for you when it came to living out a clean lifestyle but maybe it will have to start with you making the first step. Be the person that you want them to be and eventually it will rub off on them.
I know sounds life chaining huh? Ok, it might seem obvious but this has changed my life. Making real homemade food and avoiding the packaged food. I honestly rarely eat out. I don’t live somewhere where there are a lot of great options. Sometimes I wish I could grab something quick, but quick around me is the nearest fast food joint and that’s not an option. Regardless I do think making real food is a game changer for your health. You’ll eat less, eat more nutrient dense food and save money! Basically setting yourself up for success. You’re literally going to be reprogramming your cells to work for you instead of against you. I never knew how to cook until after I got married. Trust me, when I say this- I didn’t even know how to cook chicken. I’ve come a long way. My hubs jokes now that he’s glad I learned how to cook because I would only make two things when we got married. 🙂 So if you don’t know how to cook, you can learn because I’m living proof! Plus, real food doesn’t have to be overwhelming or intimidating. It actually is really simple and fun once you learn a few tips and tricks. Get a clean eating cookbook like this one or this one to get you started. Sometimes it just takes a little inspiration or follow a real food blogger to keep you going.
I don’t like using the word exercise or working out because I think people associate those with negative connotations. Having an active lifestyle is something everyone should practice. Whether that means going on a hike, going for a walk, doing crossfit, lifting weights, whatever gets your body moving. I know for me its looked different in every season of life. When I was single it was different, as I got married it changed and now that I have kids it looks different. I used to beat myself up when I couldn’t spend the normal time I used to spend when I was just married working out. But I realized consistent activity even if it wasn’t 6 days a week was better than none. Just being consistent with something makes the biggest difference. It all goes back to the accumulating health quote that my brother always says. It’s the little things that add up. Do something that you love! I hear so many people trying to go to the gym and run on the treadmill and they hate it. Don’t do it! Find something that is fun, that challenges you and keeps you wanting more. It might take a couple different times, but don’t force yourself to do things that you know you won’t stick with in the long run. Being active gives you more energy, improves your overall mood and mind, increases strength and endurance- the list could go on and on.
Notice I didn’t say eliminate stress, because let’s face it, that’s impossible. We live in a fast paced world that isn’t slowing down anytime soon. The best thing you can do is to learn how to manage your stress. For me this has come by identifying the stressor and getting to the root of it. Is it really the activity I’m doing or is the fact that I booked my calendar up too much and I don’t have anytime to decompress? Think about why you’re really feeling on edge. Figure out what drains you and what gives you energy. I’m a people person but not an every day let’s have a party type of people person. That would drain me. The biggest advice I can give when it comes to managing stress is learning to say no. It might mean limiting your kid’s after school activities to one sport. It might mean not saying yes to every social event, or allowing time to meal prep for the week. Think about what is causing you to feel stressed and address the triggers.
I know the word self care gets thrown around a lot these days. I think a lot of us are saying it, but not a lot of us are practicing it. When was the last time you actually took an hour or two to yourself and totally did something you loved. Maybe it’s reading a good book, or maybe it’s just watching an hour of your favorite show. It could be getting your nails done once a week or flipping through the latest magazine. Figure out what fills you up and do it. Don’t take a budbble bath if you hate it! Just because someone else likes it doesn’t mean you will. Find what relaxes you. The goal is to do whatever helps you forget about everything else for a little bit and fills up your tank. When I practice this I feel so much better! For my husband it’s working out. If I let him workout for an hour he will come back refreshed and energized- haha sometimes a different person.
This one may sound weird but it’s so true. I find the people I’m constantly coming in contact with our challenging themselves. Whether it’s their mind, their food habits, exercise, at work- they’re wanting to improve and be a better version of themselves. This isn’t a type of rat race thinking that makes you think you always have to be doing something. It’s not for the approval of others but a sense of trying something new. For instance, maybe the fear of getting in shape has kept you from signing up for a 5k or the gym. Challenge yourself to sign up and take the step to face your fears. I bet before long you will wonder why you even had them in the first place. When you challenge yourself I think it helps to keep your mind sharp too. It doesn’t matter what your age is, challenge yourself in something and watch how you surprise yourself.
Do any of these 7 health goals resonate with you? What if you adopted one of these habits each month for the next 7 months, where would your life be? How would it look differently? What are some health habits you’ve adopted?
Here’s to building healthy habits in the new year!
Learn what 7 health habits that have changed my life.
We are at it again with the best of clean beauty 2018! My girl Lisa from the blog This Organic Girl and I are dishing up our faves this year in clean and natural beauty. This is our third year in a row and the post always seems to be a crowd favorite.
Join the 5 Day Clean Living Challenge and start living your best natural life!
I’m going to give you a quick run down on some past favorites too that we can’t stope reaching for, plus some personal picks that I’ve tried and Lisa hasn’t. But before I do, I wanted to share a little about two places that keep me well stocked when it comes to clean and natural beauty products.
The first is The Detox Market–
Just some of the clean beauty you can find at detox market!
This was the very first green beauty store I shopped at. I still remember angels singing when I visited the actual store in L.A. Ok, maybe angels weren’t singing but it felt like I had arrived in green beauty heaven! They have ALL the brands and more. You want some Josh Rosebrook- they’ve got you covered. Need some Osmia Organics in your life, sister they have it. Want some Odacite? No problem- they have the whole line. It’s your one stop shop for all things natural beauty! They have a list of ingredient standards, which lists ingredients they don’t allow in their formulations, so you can be sure your products are squeaky clean.
I remember hearing about their pop up shop in 2010- I was salivating to go! It was at the same time I had started to detox my beauty products. It’s so crazy to think where The Detox Market is today! There’s so many natural options, compared to 8 years ago. I love their mission on educating the consumer and bringing awareness. Forever a Detox Market fan! You can basically get any clean beauty product from their store.
Also, I love Boxwalla!
Love this clean beauty box by Boxwalla. It hits all the marks when it comes to a clean beauty box.
This is a clean beauty box that you can get bi-monthly. In case you’re not familiar with Boxwalla– allow me to introduce you. This box delivers some of the best of green beauty. I find that’s what sets them apart from other green beauty boxes is their thoughtful curations. I always find they go out on a limb and really find brands and artisans that I haven’t heard of- which I love! If you’re into trying new brands and discovering people that truly love their craft- this box is for you. I also love that this box is bi-monthly versus every month. It helps me to savor each box and really get to know the products. Their selections are always cruelty free as well. The products are also free of certain ingredients according to Boxwalla standards. You can find the specific ingredients they avoid here. Another reason I love getting behind this box! Plus, don’t get me started on their actual boxes the products come in- seriously next level. I keep each box and give them to others with gifts in them because they’re so gorgeous! Read below on how their boxes are made. A quote from Boxwalla’s website:
Each box containing Boxwalla goodies is carefully crafted from tree-free handmade paper. A small company in India makes the paper for us, from cotton scraps, using the traditional art of paper-making that involves 9 steps and takes several weeks. The handmade paper is then meticulously fashioned into the boxes that you see in the pictures. The whole process is completely child labor free and employs 63 local villagers and 20 skilled artisans whose families have been making paper for generations. We love supporting socially and environmentally conscious businesses such as these: They craft beautiful products while preserving traditional crafts and skills that would otherwise be completely lost.
If you want to start the new year off right and start discovering the best of green beauty, sign up for a Boxwalla box here!
Here are past favorites of Lisa and I that we can’t get away from:
Lisa and I wearing the beloved Mermaid Mask by Leahlani skincare.
Ok, on to the BEST OF CLEAN BEAUTY 2018!
- Moss Skincare Beurre Céleste Honey Antioxidant Infusion Recovery Mask in Cleansing Baume- It was love at first swipe when I used this cleansing mask/balm. It comes in a balm form and quickly melts in your hands and removes makeup and grime so effortlessly. Your skin feels so clean, and not stripped in any way. I often use it in the mornings and leave it on my skin while I brush my teeth. Such a unique formula too because it’s completely waterless- so no preservative!
- African Botanics Fleurs de’Afrique- An amazing plant based retinol oil that my skin LOVES! I literally have seen a brightness in my skin and hyper pigmentation fade- no joke. If you got it, then you know what I’m talking about. I discovered this in a Boxwalla box- they are always dishing out the good stuff.
- Kosas Lipstick- These lipsticks are the best. To own a Kosas lipstick is to love it! These are pigmented, long lasting and moisturizing. I almost have all 8 colors in the collection and there isn’t a bad color.
- Odacite Lip Serum- I had never used a lip serum like this on my lips until Odacite’s. It helps to hydrate, minimize fine lines on the lips and plump. I love applying as my last step in my skincare routine. My lip’s nightly nightcap!
- Laurel Sun Damage Repair Serum- This is a serum and oil in one that helps to repair sun damaged skin. The formula contains 27 whole organic plants! It helps to reverse the signs of aging that the sun brings. It also helps to brighten and fade age spots. The oil feels richer on the skin but it also seeps right in. When I used it I noticed a decrease in overall redness, faded sun spots and clearer skin tone.
- Khus Khus Modern Herbal Fusion + RASA Restorative Potion- This is such a unique body cream. Not only does it contain adaptogenic herbs but Ayurvedic and Western nervine herbs as well. It helps to bring a calm to the nervous system. It feels so soothing and healing! Plus, my skin feels so hydrated as well.
- True Botanicals Cellular Repair Serum, Antioxidant Booster and Vitamin C Booster- The Cellular Repair Serum is designed to reverse the cellular damage caused by sun exposure and aging. Pretty sure everyone wants to sign up for that-am I right?! Besides reversing cellular damage it also replenishes moisture and plumps up skin. It’s highly concentrated and goes past the surface of the skin to really get to the cellular level. This Vitamin C Booster treatment is preserved in it’s freshest form. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to even skin tone, brighten and fade wrinkles, stimulate collagen, plus firm and repair skin. I mean every face needs this stuff. You might be wondering why it comes in a powder form. When vitamin c is mixed with a liquid it slowly loses potency. By keeping it in powder form you can be assured it’s in it’s freshest form. The Antioxidant Booster is similar to the Vitamin C Booster but it uses apple peel powder instead, which has actually been shown to be more powerful then Vitamin C! It helps brighten dark spots, even out skin tone and firm skin.
- Sappho Brow Pomade- When my beloved brow cream that I had been using for a couple year from Hynt was reformulated I was back to the drawing board to find one that worked just as good! Thankfully Sappho answered my prayers. This works so well. Leaves my brows looking natural and so easy to apply. I wear the color dark brown black.
- Honest Beauty Mascara- If you’ve followed me for a hot minute you know I’m OBSESSED with this mascara! It’s the best I’ve found in green beauty. It gives my lashed definition, length and drama. Plus, you can get it on Amazon and it’s under $15! I know- we hit the jackpot with this one.
- Osmia Body Oil- I can’t get enough of Osmia’s Body Oil. It’s like the biggest drink of water for your body. Your skin will thank you and so will your mind as you wrap yourself in this goodness. I apply mine right out of the shower or bath and my skin stays silky smooth all day. I love the Night Oil scent- with notes of lavender, roman chamomile and atlas cedarwood. But if you don’t like scent you would love their naked oil- it has no essential oils in it.
- Maya Chia The Optimist Hydrating Essence- I get SO excited for any new Maya Chia product and The Optimist was no exception. This gem is housed in a dark glass bottle, preserving every last drop of goodness. Smells divine with hints of neroli, sweet orange, and ylang ylang. The formula itself feels so hydrating on the skin and refreshing with white tea, antioxidants, fatty acids and phytonutrients- just to name a few. I can’t forget the actual spray function. It works so well! I know it might sound funny, but after truing hundreds of mists in my day, the spray function is actually quite important. You don’t want the mist to feel like it’s attacking your skin or spraying you in the eye! The Optimist sprays so well all over the face. The founder Susanne nailed it!
Honest Beauty Mascara is my favorite green beauty mascara.
Here are some favorites of mine that I discovered this year and I can’t not share:
- Beautycounter’s Face Wipes- These wipes are the best I’ve found in green beauty. They offer the perfect amount of moisture, and they remove all my makeup! Plus, they’re biodegradeable.
- Beauty counter’s Eye shadows- I love these shadows. They get the best eye shadow award in clean beauty hands down! They are so pigmented, go on smooth and stay on forever- the whole day. Trust me- you will be hooked once you use them. They are having a sale right now for 30% off their holiday eye palettes too!
- Beautycounter’s Eye Makeup Remover- Ok, I seriously was so excited when I tried this eye makeup remover. All you Mary Kay fans will get me. Back in the day I used to be big Mary Kay Eye Makeup Remover devotee. It was the best I found and since I stopped using it I’ve never even able to find a replacement. Until now! This eye makeup remover works like a charm- can’t say it enough. If you like having an eye makeup remover- you’ll love this!
- Ilia Eye Primer- I have finally found my favorite eye primer in clean beauty! This magic little wand does not mess around. It keeps my eye shadows in place the whole day, no creasing, or smudging. I can’t recommend it enough.
- Tata Harper’s Clarifying Mask- I had tried this once before this year but nothing more. It had been a small sample. Then I got a full jar and lets just say, it quickly dwindled! This helps purify pores, detoxify the skin and leave you with an overall glow. Can’t get enough!
That’s it for The Best Of Clean Beauty 2018! Want to see what The Best Of Clean Beauty 2016 and 2017 was? Check out 2016 here and 2017 here.
Go check out my girl Lisa’s take on all our faves, plus see what 5 products she discovered this year!
*Also don’t forget to check out our Instagram pages @gurlgonegreen and @thisorganicgirl to enter to win over $500 worth of clean beauty loot!
See any faves?
In episode #26 we are learning how to heal your body with foundation training expert Kate Murphy. Kate Murphy is a kinesiologist(human mechanics/movement expert), certified Foundation Training Instructor, Wellness Guru, and the founder of Health Revolt. She has worked thirteen years as a personal trainer. For seven of those years she wrestled with chronic pain, failing to find relief on the symptom-chasing treadmill of conventional health care. During her journey to find relief she spent thousands of hours researching and consulting with leading fitness, nutrition, and wellness experts. She truly believes that we don’t have to settle for a life of adjusting to our symptoms and rearranging our lives around problems we’re told have no solutions. The answers and freedom Kate found drastically changed her life and now it’s her passion and purpose to help other’s change theirs.
Connect With Kate-
- Who is Kate Murphy from Health Revolt? How did you get to where you are today?
- What was your health awakening or “Golden Hour” moment in your life?
- Do you feel being your own health advocate is what’s helped you take control of your health?
- Can you give those listening a brief overview of what foundation training is and how it changed your life?
- Obviously as a personal trainer you understand the importance of moving your body, how did Foundation Training change your mindset on body movement?
- Why is it important for people to include foundation training in their lives?
- If someone wanted to start including foundation training movements in their own life where should they start?
- You have so many testimonials on your site from working with clients who have had success since incorporating foundation training in their life, what is the most common thing you hear when people start doing the movements?
- This is a question we ask all our guests: what are 3 health habits that have made the biggest impact in your life?
In honor of my birthday I thought I would share with you 34 natural products that changed my life. I really thought long and hard about these and wanted to give you products that truly made the cut for me. I’ve been on the this real food journey for 10+years, this natural beauty journey for 8 years and creating a nontoxic home for 2 years. It’s totally a journey but one that is doable! Remember it’s not a sprint but a marathon. Keep your sanity and slowly detox your life.
34 Natural Products That Changed My Life-
- Berkey Water Filter- I got a Berkley water filter for my home 7 years ago and I haven’t looked back. After learning what’s in our drinking water I knew I needed to get a water filter. The average drinking water can contain pharmaceutical drugs, fluoride, chlorine, heavy metals- just to name a few. Berkey is not only filters out all the nasties but also is pretty affordable. You can choose what size you need depending on your family. Get one here!
- Doterra On Guard Essential Oil- This essential oil was introduced to me by my friend Steph Duford. I’m beyond grateful for it now! I use it as a cleaner in my house to kill bacteria and parasites. Many natural cleaners don’t kill parasites. But On Guard does! I make my own DIY cleaner with it and my house is so clean. I fill a squirt bottle- (the size of a normal apple cider vinegar bottle). Get On Guard here!
- Kiddobloom- Love these stainless steel eating trays and utensils for kids. They aren’t plastic and don’t leach chemicals! The silverware is rounded at the edges, so really great for kids. They even have the cutest mugs. Shop Kiddobloom here!
- Kosas Lipstick- These lipsticks are my fave in natural beauty! They offer a ton of color options, are highly pigmented and last. Plus, they’re hydrating. Trust me, you’ll be hooked in no time. Some favorite colors I love are Thrillest, Royal, and Rosewater. Snag a lipstick here!
- Josh Rosebrook Hairspray- If you’ve been transitioning to natural beauty for a hot minute then you know finding a natural hair spray can often feel like a daunting task. Well, I’ve literally tried them all and the only one that meets my standards is Josh Rosebrook. Get it here and thank me later!
- Live Botanical Luna Rose and Honey Mask + Cleanser- Basically my holy grail when it comes to morning routine. I apply this to my face, while I brush my teeth and 5 minutes later I’m left with skin that glows. It’s magic in a jar! Plus, so budget friendly. Use my coupon code: GURLGONEGREEN for 20%! Snag one here!
- Pharmaca- Oh Pharmaca how I love you! So as many of you know I’m an esthetician. Well, I worked as an esthetician at Pharmaca years ago. I loved it! For those who don’t know what Pharmaca is, allow me to explain. It’s your one stop shop when it comes to living a natural lifestyle. They have natural supplements, natural beauty products and natural baby products. There’s really not much you can’t find at Pharmaca. I love how I can find everything in one spot, but I also love how Pharmaca is constantly having sales! It’s kind of amazing. They are usually offering 20% off all the time, which means more money in my wallet! Shop all of Pharmaca here!
- Elite Fuel Iron- This iron literally changed my life. My iron depletion was severely low in the summer. So much so that after workouts I would feel dizzy. I knew something was up. After having my blood drawn I saw that my levels were crazy low. My naturopath recommended this specific iron supplement. It had been shown to increase iron absorption much faster. Usually if you take an iron supplement it takes a while to build up storage again. I noticed a difference after a couple weeks! Can’t recommend it enough!
- Naturpedic Organic Mattress- Sleeping on an organic mattress is pretty life changing. The amount of toxins in conventional mattresses is pretty disheartening. Since we sleep a 1/3 of our lives. It’s important to know what your sleeping on and what your body is absorbing. My husband and I have LOVED our naturpedic mattress! It’s seriously so comfortable. This is the naturpedic mattress we have!
- White Lotus Home Pillows- Finding organic pillows that my husband, myself and kids love has been no small task. But thanks to White Lotus Home- it’s been so easy! My husband literally won’t stop talking about his shredded latex pillow- he loves it. My kids and I love our Kapok Pillows. They offer such great customer service, can help you figure out which pillow is best and offer so many varieties depending on your pillow needs. Check out all their pillow options here!
- SOL Organic Sheets– These sheets are a game changer! They’re soft, and not filled with toxins. I love that they offer several options depending on what you like. They’re luxury sheets but at affordable prices. Check out the sheets here!
- Fitglow Beauty Lip Serums- Say hello to your new favorite lip serum- but for real! These are my favorite lip glosses in green beauty. I hadn’t found a favorite until I used these. Now I can’t go back! They aren’t sticky, or goopy like you might think. They are so smooth, hydrating and nourishing. The founder actually made them to act like a lip serum for the lips that is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Check out all the lip colors here!
- Crunchi Foundation Brush- This foundation brush is EVERYTHING! It’s so soft, love that it has a flat top and is vegan. I know it sounds funny but when it comes to foundation brushes this brush takes the cake! Get yours here!
- Blendtec Blender- Yep, a quality high speed blender changes lives. I’ve had my Blendtec Blender now for over 4 years and I can’t recommend it enough. I love that it gets my smoothies so smooth, and can make nut butters. It gets used at least once a day if not twice. Check it out here!
- Cuisinart Food Processor- I didn’t get a food processor until this last year and I’m kind of kicking myself that I waited this long. It’s seriously SO amazing! I use it for my raw veggie bread, kale chip recipes, protein balls, granola bars- the list is endless! This is the one I have!
- Vitacost- where do I even start with Vitacost?! I love this online health food store. It has all my favorite natural products for food and living but at a fraction of the cost. Plus, they’re always offering coupon codes! I can’t recommend them enough! Shop Vitacost here!
- If you care parchment paper- I know how has a parchment paper changed my life- well it has, allow me to explain. Parchment paper can actually be really toxic. It’s bleached and can contain many toxic chemicals. Things that you don’t want in your food and eventually in your body. In comes If You Care Parchment Paper- it’s unbleached, and nontoxic. So basically you can have your cake and eat it too! I love using parchment paper everyday for cooking. It makes cleaning after cooking so easy! Get your parchment paper here!
- Body Love Book- This book really opened my eyes to how our bodies process sugar, carbs, protein, fats, etc. If you’re wondering why you’re feeling low on energy, can’t lose the weight, or other health issues- check this book out. She breaks it down so simply! Get your book here!
- Honest Beauty Mascara- This mascara is my FAVE in natural beauty! It works like no other mascara and stays put. Plus, you can get it from Amazon for $14.99! Grab one for yourself and a friend here!
- Reusable Water Bottle- I don’t think I need to explain why this is such a life changer but I’ll give you a brief overview. Plastic bottles aren’t going away and the more we stop using them, the more change we can create. Plastic contains a host of problems in our bodies too. Have you ever drank out of a plastic water bottle? You can literally taste the plastic! Grab a reusable water bottle and change your life and the environment!
- Raw veggie Bread Ebook- I love raw veggie bread. Sounds weird but it literally has changed the way I eat and consume veggies. I dabbled in raw veggie bread here and there but didn’t start consistently making it until 2018. Wow, what a difference that made! My hubs is addicted and so am I. Imagine consuming a ton of veggies in a piece of bread that is made with healthy fats like nuts or seeds, olive oil and flaxseed…you would become addicted too. I use mine for veggie wraps, dip in hummus, egg wraps, and to just eat by itself. Check out the e-course I took here!
- Excalibur Dehydrator- Have you ever made kale chips in the dehydrator? Yeah, it’s life changing as well. Once you make them in the dehydrator, you’ll never go back to the oven. Plus, in the dehydrator all the nutrients are kept intact, since it’s not cooked past 115. I use my dehydrator for making raw veggie bread too, fruit leather, dried fruit, sprouted nuts- again the list is endless! Check out my Excalibur Dehydrator here!
- OSEA Ocean Cleanser- I found this cleanser this past year and I haven’t looked back. I’m already on my second bottle and these are large bottles! I love that it I can use it on my eyes to remove all my eye makeup and it doesn’t sting. I also love that it foams up ever so slightly and that it washes off with water- no washcloth needed. Another product that everyone loves! Plus, it smells amazing! Get yours here!
- True Botanicals Antioxidant Boost and Cellular Repair Serum- I’ve been using these two for a serious dose of antioxidants and vitamins for the skin for several years. They seriously work! I always tell people if you’re looking for products that deliver in natural beauty, then look no further, these are it! These products are what are going to help with those fine lines and help to age gracefully. Get them here!
- Activ Whey Protein Powder- If you follow me, you know I love Activ Whey! It’s a goat whey protein that comes in vanilla and chocolate. Tastes amazing- you will become addicted. It also is so light, not heavy at all. It’s completely different than cow’s whey. It’s hypo-allergenic versus allergenic, is immune boosting and promotes healthy digestion. Check it out here!
- Waseda Farms- I just discovered Waseda Farms a couple months ago and I’ve been hooked! I get nothing from recommending them, other than hopefully more business sent their way. They are the best organic, pastured meat delivery farm I’ve found. Most meats deliveries are organic but not pastured- Waseda is both! Their selection is amazing too! From pork, chicken, beef, lamb, and turkey. The taste is amazing too- you won’t be disappointed. Plus, they deliver it right to your front door! That’s my favorite part. For so long I had to go to all these farms to get it but now I just go to Waseda! I have my good friend Steph Duford to thank! Check out all their offerings here!
- Stasher Bags- These silicone bags have changed my food storage game for the better! I don’t use plastic bags anymore. But use these instead. They aren’t leaching any toxic chemicals, and I save money because I’m not constantly buying plastic bags. Plus, you’re saving the environment! Get yours here!
- E3 Live- This is an organic algae that has given me energy and helped my hashimotos. I started taking it over a year ago and I have felt so much better taking it! It gives my body all the nutrients! Algae supports digestion and the immune system, helps with mental clarity, and brain health. Trust me, this stuff is SO good! Get your E3Live here!
- Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation- I talk about this foundation all the time and sometimes I feel like a broken record but it’s because I just love it! It doesn’t look heavy on the skin, covers redness, and creates and overall polished glow. You’ll be loving how your skin looks. I’ve tried all the natural foundations and this one always calls to me! It performs just like it’s name- True Skin Serum Foundation. I wear the color SF3. Snag it here!
- Almond Cow- I never knew I needed this clever gadget until I started to use it- now I don’t know how I got along without it. It makes making nut milks a breeze- I mean seriously so easy! You’ll love it! Get your Almond Cow here!
- Xtrema Cookware- I started using this nontoxic cookware several months ago and wow it’s a whole new world in the kitchen! Things don’t stick like they used too, it’s so easy to clean and it continues to look good. I’m going to be giving these as gifts!
- Agent Nateur Holi Rose Deodorant- I probably had tried 50 natural deodorants until Agent Nateur Holi Rose. Once I tried it though, there was no going back. This deodorant doesn’t mess around. It has never irritated my skin, and keeps me smelling fresh all day long. I’m not the only one that thinks this. This is a holy grail among green beauty bloggers! Snag one here!
- Kosmatology Hand Soap- There’s hand soaps and then there’s Cosmetology hand soaps. These hands soaps are squeaky clean, don’t dry out your hands(hello) and come in a ton of fun scents. Get one for you and for a friend here!
- Aila Nail Polish and Nail Polish Wipes- I’ve tried a lot of natural nail polish and Aila has stolen my heart. It goes on so smooth, isn’t goopy at all. Love all the colors! They have a top coat called better than gel that literally acts like a natural top coat on top of your nails. I also love their nail polish remover wipes. I can easily take them anywhere because they come in a wipe form. Get your Aila nail polish and wipes here!
See anything you love too? What are some natural products that have changed your life?
Ok, it’s time for the monthly natural beauty box November roundup! I finally took the cue from my green beauty blogger bestie- Lisa from This Organic Girl and I’m creating a round up! I’ve been doing individual posts but many of you seemed excited when I polled you about the green beauty box roundup that I thought I would give it a try and see how it goes. So cheers to one post with lots of juicy green beauty boxes!
Check out Beauty Heroes November Discovery- Natural Inlight Skincare! (Photo Cred. Beauty Heroes)
This month we are seeing Inlight in the box. This is a luxe brand made in the UK. The mastermind behind this skincare line is Dr. Mariano Spiezia. His creations come to life through plant alchemy. He uses the brilliance of plants to create skincare products that perform. He has one formula that he’s particularly known for and it’s infused in all of his formulas. This formula is called the Bio-lipophilic Matrix®. This blend of beneficial plant-based phytonutrient oils imitate the sebum’s texture while guarding and restoring the skin. Sounds like something I want in my skincare products!
The heroic product for the month is the Line Softener Intensive. The name just as it suggests helps to soften lines and bring a youthfulness to the skin. It’s filled with so many plant oils, and smells divine! Oils such as macademia, argan, jojoba and many more. Your skin literally is getting nourished with the plants and yet you’re not left with a greasy feel. It comes in a dark glass jar and the cutest wooden spoon to scoop the product out with. I apply it at night and wake up to refreshed skin!
The sidekick is the Super Food Mask. Another noteworthy product from Inlight. It’s filled with antioxidants that help promote cell turnover and collagen production. It also replenishes the skin’s moisture balance and protects the skin from environmental factors through spirulina, chlorophyll, barley leaf and rose hip seed oil. It’s a winning combination! Leave it on for 10 minutes and watch your skin transform!
Snag the Beauty Hereo’s Box here! It’s a $187 value but yours for $42.95! Subscribe here!
The Art of Organics Natural Beauty November Beauty Box is here! Featuring AMLY Botanicals! (Photo Cred. Art Of Organics)
This month we are seeing two products from the British line AMLY Botanicals. This brand is also based out of the UK and is a new one to me! Their products represent a blending of old and new. They use many old traditional ways in their formulas but also love to implement new methods using bio-actives. Basically you end up with a skincare line that is positively active and alive!
The first product is their City Screen Protective Face Serum. This isn’t like any other face cream you’ve used- trust me. It’s full of active ingredients that literally change your skin and improve the overall protection of the skin. It fills positively lovely on the skin. My skin feels soft, supple and protected- which makes sense. The ingredients creating this protection on the skin are echinacea, marine algae, gotu kola, nettle, green tea and marine samphire. This serum is perfect for those who want to help give their skin an extra layer of protection whether you’re in the city or in the country. Love applying this before my makeup!
The second product is Digital Detox. This is their silver rich face mist. I didn’t think much of this mist when I saw it but once I read up on it and used it, I must say I’ve become quite hooked! It’s meant to not only help you remove toxins from your skin but also invigorate you and your immediate dwelling. It’s meant to help get rid of the negative effects of the digital exposure we constantly are under. From your office, or work space to your home- this mist does some serious detoxing! I already have big plans to take it with me on my travels in a few weeks. The ingredients are meant to help detoxify the air from himalyan pink sea salt, and magnesium sulfate. Plus, juniper fruit oil and ylang ylang help ease mental fog. If you see me, I’m probably carrying this with me!
Snag the Art of Organics Box here! It’s $128 value but yours for $41.95! Subscribe here!
The Detox Box-
The Detox Box November Natural Beauty Box featuring: Odacite.
Odacite is taking center stage this month in The Detox Box! I have had the pleasure of trying many Odacite products and I have to say they don’t disappoint. The Maker of Odacite is Valerie Grandury. A breast cancer survivor, who was on the search for natural skincare products. However, she didn’t find them. As a result she created Odacite! It’s a mix of luxe French skincare with laid back vibes of California living. A perfect marriage if you ask me!
This month we are seeing the All-Embracing Serum. This isn’t just for your face but for your whole body! An oil that does it all- yep you heard me right. Hydrating watermelon seed oil, calming and soothing oatmeal are just two of the power ingredients in this decadent oil. I massage it on my skin right after showering while my skin is slightly damp and it soaks in so nicely. I also love using it on my face too. I apply after my hydrosol and my skin just soaks it all up. It’s such a multi-tasker! Plus, you can’t go wrong with a dark glass bottle- swoon!
I was also delighted to see the Black Mint Cleanser in the box- a fave! I was excited to see it come in a travel size tube. I have the large glass bottle- not so friendly for traveling. This cleanser feels cooling on the skin, gets rid of all dirt and makeup and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean. Wait, there’s more in this month’s box! You also receive a crystal contour GUA SHA. This rose quartz gua sha tool is perfect for performing facial massage. Facial massage is such an amazing way to increase circulation, drain lymphatic system, and reduce puffiness. I apply a little of the All-Embracing Serum first then I use the gua sha. Trust me, once you incorporate gua sha into your life you’ll never go back!
Snag The Detox Box here! It’s $147 value but yours for $55! Subscribe here!
So which box are you snagging?! So many great options for Christmas Gifts too! If you haven’t checked out my Natural Gift Guide be sure too! It is packed full of my top picks for anyone on your list! Check it out here!