In Episode #12 we are learning how to meal prep and plan real food meals with Kristin Marr, from the Live Simply Blog. Kristin is all about returning to a time before processed food. A time when families worked together in the kitchen to enjoy real food that was grown and raised by trusted farms or backyard gardens. She is constantly in search of ways to nourish her family: finding local farms, sourcing real food from every day stores, and getting back into the kitchen and around the table. She’s always exploring practical ways to provide for her family with nourishing food within her budget.
She loves to share her real food tips and ideas for feeding the entire family nourishing real food. Email subscribers receive exclusive information featuring her best tips and tricks for nourishing a family, a free month-long printable meal plan example, and two real food and natural crash courses. Joining the Live Simply email family is always free! Along with simplifying real food, She loves to share her recipes and tips for creating a simplified, natural home. She regularly shares simple natural-living recipes, such as: homemade facial cleanser, makeup remover balm, 5-Minute laundry soap, all-purpose cleaner, and much more. She also share tips for prioritizing what to make versus buy, along with her favorite store-bought products for cleaning and body care. Because living a more natural lifestyle isn’t about “doing it all” or “making it all.” Natural living is just as much about simplifying as it is about using more natural products.
Connect with Kristin-
- Who is Kristen Marr and how did Live Simply come to be?
- Were you always the meal prep and planning queen? What are some tips you can share.
- What was the inspiration to create DIY’s?
- Do you have a mantra you live by when eating real food? What’s your goal when you sit down with your family at the table?
- Tips and hacks for preparing meals if you’re not used to it.
- Resources available on the Live Simply website.
- The 3 health habits that have made the biggest impact on your life.
- Contact info.
Links Mentioned in the Podcast-
- Nourishing Traditions– Cookbook
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat– Cookbook
- Live Simply Meal Planner
- Food Inc.- Video
- Live Simply DIY Dish Soap Recipe
Why We Love It?
- Goat whey has demonstrated positive anti-inflammatory effects in the digestive system. Cow whey has shown increased inflammatory effects.
- Cow whey is considered allergenic whereas goat whey is considered hypoallergenic.
- Whey protein is the “gold standard” for serious athletes. Goat whey is the “gold standard” of that “gold standard.”
- Goat whey is amazing for our immune systems, supporting lean muscle growth and repair, as well as optimal body composition.
- Goat whey has the full range of essential amino acids in ratios that best support the athlete in all of us
- It is really light and doesn’t ever makes us feel bloated. That’s because there is nothing added to fill up space, just the purest goat whey and flavoring.
- Activ Whey is a goat whey protein that comes from goats that are grassfed all the way through their lifecycle. There are zero antibiotics or hormones used on the goats or the vegetation they eat from.
- I personally know the creator and can vouch for the legitimacy of the protein and where it is sourced from.
If you did, don’t forget to subscribe on Itunes! And while you’re there, could you please leave us a “golden” review? It would really make our day and help spread the word about healthy living.
To always be in the know when it comes to new episodes, the latest in green beauty, natural living and organic home- be sure to subscribe below!